[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

"Maybe you're right; I should aim at the red barrier blocking the incandescent man's path; it seems like that would make a better target; I don't think that I would be able to break one anyway; the name's Solomon by the way, but back at home; everybody called me the meat shop... Don't ask why" The grey cloaked man aims the summoned book at the red barrier.

There was no real need to be anywhere in a hurry; especially since she didn't suffer from the needs of the living. Seeing as how the other humans were already engaged and intermingling with one another, she decided to move over to the Arachnid, whom everyone seemed oblivious to. If it weren't for the fact that she could detect the living being that was separated from the rest, she probably wouldn't have noticed the Arachnid either, due to how well it was concealed.

"Hello there, spiderling," she said, as she addressed the Arachnid casually. "What's your take on all of this?"

"....." Her eyes gleamed, twin beads of silver peering out from the shadows. When she sensed the vibration of footsteps heading closer, she had hoped it would be one of the fleshies who'd grown too curious for their own good. It would've been far easier to sink her fangs into them and drag them away with their screams muffled and body beginning to fail, if they took it upon themselves to leave the others... but that was of course, only if they had nothing else to give her except their own corpse.

The non-fleshy though, she had passed the point of intrigue with her. There was no point in attacking since she already knew she'd get nothing to show for it, just the same as with the being in armor or the.... thing in the strange skin tight suit. But wait... now that she was closer, Aurora picked up something she hadn't before. An odd scent, almost... like dust? No, no... it was dry, but not quite like dust. It was the clothing the being wore, she was almost certain. The cloak smelled... old to her. Too old, almost, like...

like the skeleton man? The one who always seemed so weary round her, made sure to stay by the campfire where she would not go? Despite her having no real reason to ever consider him food? He wore a cloak too, a tattered and worn one of violet rather than crimson, one that visibly bore it's age as readily as the rings of a stump. He carried a little tome and shortblade wherever he went with him too. Even had a couple rings on his bony fingers, though whatever they actually did, if anything at all, Aurora had never been interested enough to figure out. His paranoia around her was the only thing that even gave her reason to have noticed he existed in the party at all, truthfully.

But... if this one was really like Bone Man, under this cloak, why was she too not paranoid? Aurora tilted her head a bit as she contemplated the oddity...the disinterest on her face melted away as she made a short stride closer to the cloaked being, but no more than a few feet, which to her legs was nothing at all. A soft, almost humming noise came from her throat as she leaned in a little closer, a sign of docility, for the most part... not something many outside the girl and squid had been graced with till now

"..............?"

If the cloaked one proved truly this fine around her presence... perhaps she had something for Aurora? Bone Man never gave anything... but then again, now that she thought about it, Bone Man never ate anything either, so... perhaps that hope was a bit much. But still, one way or another, the being had her attention for now. The big fish still seemed to be taking it's time getting here anyway.

((I'm switching back to past tense for aesthetics))

Well, it seems that introductions are almost complete. We seem to have an abundance of humans. From Earth? I suppose it may not have been abandoned in their alternate planes and timelines. I'm almost certain that no one here is from the same world. Edmond jerked out of his reverie as the grey-cloaked man approached. What is he planning on doing with that book? Is he going to throw it? That seems...odd. A waste of a good book.

Edmond, wary of the luminous crackling barrier, edged away.

The grey cloaked man gestures wildly while saying "To everyone that is listening my name is Solomon; in the count of five I will throw this book at this obvious looking trap; so try and not to get yourselves killed everyone".

"1"

Snow, the Lady Ashford.

Snow shot a blade of frozen air to intercept the book. Hitting it and tearing it away from hitting the barrier. It cut in half, pages and paper going every direction while the two halves plunked to the ground. Luckily she had the twin fangs at the ready. That could've been a disaster.

"The fuck are you doing? Trying to get us killed? We have no idea what could happen. Humans. By Aelia's Tits you're daft."

"Earth? Your realm is just named after dirt? That's. . . strange. I'm from Tempest."

"So Hellfire Knight; I have two questions for you; are you a robot? And how did we get here?"

"I have no idea how we got here, but I am human."

"So, this other me, what kind of person is she? Is she human? Is she nice?"

"She's kinda . . . odd. She was nice to me, though. And yes, she's human."

((So embarrassing, I kept calling my character Edmond Dantes. I've been reading too much Count of Monte Cristo))

"Excuse me ma'am. In the armor? I know that it may be dangerous to experiment with what this barrier may be, but do you have a plan? We are trapped here at the moment, you know. We need to do something. Also, does anyone happen to have any food on them? We need to know what supplies we have", said Edmond. He was hesitant to address the knight again, but he deemed it necessary.

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"Aelia... why do you do this to me? Have you forsaken me... or do you really just like making me have to deal with these idiot children you help spawned? I didn't think being an avatar entailed being a cosmic babysitter when I signed up. Also... might want to check with Seeker if he actually you know... hooked up how their brains work properly." she said to seemingly the air around her. She then turned quickly, faster than any human possibly could to the man that addressed her.

"Plan or not, being an idiot isn't a plan. You don't get out if you kill yourself in the process. There's much better testing methods then I dunno, JUST THROWING SOMETHING AT A BARRIER WE HAVE NO IDEA THE FUNCTION OF! We have casters here. Those that know the ways of spells. SO, let's not be stupid and hasty. Heaven's forbid... I know I said the opposite earlier... but we have time to not need to resort to the final reckless plan first. Typically you use the suicide plan when you've exhausted all options. Not first. Apparently... you humans need to be reminded that. I know you all have a deathwish but by Pyron's flaming nutsack chill."

• Upvote 3

Katsuo

Bridgett happy that someone actually noticed her smiled at the boy to say thank you.

"What is each of yours Earths like if i may ask? The one I know of is still full of people and they don't know anything outside of their world." She said a bit more confidently then she has anything as of yet. "So i don't think its the same one your talking about...Mr...sorry i don't think I caught your name." She finished nodding to the man in the cowboy hat.

"Depends on when you're asking." Katsuo said, "But I suppose the one I'm most familiar with is like that."

Katsuo didn't really know much before becoming his current self. He'd been found floating in space and it had taken him a good while to discover who he was before then. He knew why he was who he was, and that told him a lot about how, but he couldn't really say exactly what life was before.