[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

((I was unaware, there is no cave.))

While attempting the impossible feat of looking behind him and forward at the same time, he started off down the path towards the sounds of conflict.

Edited by Strider

Katsuo

As the last of the group made their way onto the path, Katsuo stood and followed behind them, taking up the rear. It wasn't likely there would be a threat from behind, so he wasn't exactly trying to be any kind of guard. Really he just didn't feel like dealing with the social mess he was sure was already occurring at the front of the pack. Gwaedu didn't really have much to say on the matter, she just swayed with the motion of his walk.

(OOC: If there's peeps who haven't actually gone in yet, Katsup is still sitting for you, I just wanted to make sure this post happened before I got distracted)

"I recognize the word 'mage', but I get the feeling that means something different to me than it does to you... What's a 'Barrier Jacket' and 'Device'?"

Hikari's spear at this point seemed to move of it's own accord, making Hikari stumble towards the sounds as she tried to keep hold. "Hikari, focus. I do not think we are done yet." said a voice... that sounded like it was coming from the spear?

Bridgett waited to respond to the girl until she was finished talking with the other one.

"Umm..well a Barrier Jacket is what I'm wearing right now. Think of it like armor."She said indicating her current clothes. "And well a Device is like Mornings Arrow here." She finished moving Mornings Arrow so that the Hikari could see the jewel.

Mornings Arrow lite up and a feminine voice came out "Greetings. Thank you for taking care of My Lady." It said in monotone.

"So umm...it looks like everyone is heading towards the sounds. We should keep up or we might get left behind. We can talk and walk as we go yes?' Bridgett said with a slight blush as she inclined her head to the group heading out waiting for Hikari and Sachi to move before she did.

Kagari pretended not to hear the conversation between the two girls with talking weapons. Of course, she had no idea what Barrier Jackets and Devices were, though the young mage clearly used a similar Mahou Shoujo-esque power. Still, she was unsurprised. One thing she had learned in her 765 years of life was that the multiverse was ALWAYS bigger than you thought it was. Always. However, this did open up several other questions. She wondered about the other versions of herself - were they all sentient? What about "Kagari"? She knew that there was an alternate version of "Kagari" in the armored girl's home universe. Were they all as kind, as gentle?

As these musings, among others, occupied her mind, she kept a steady gait, staying alert.

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

As Edmond continued down the narrow canyon (that's what I'm guessing it looks like), he listened in on the jumbled conversations around him. Most seemed to come from realities into which magic featured prominently, and was taken for granted. Sentient weapons? A red eyed...person who could reanimate corpses? and a man whose main power seemed to be to summon books? That at least was some comfort. The owners of these powers were many, and of varying skill and power.

He looked up at the jagged rock faces on either side, and attempted to estimate the distance to the top.

((how tall are the walls of the passage?(or is it just a path?)))

As the group moved through the winding passage, it opened up a few times and then choked off once again, each change in size rather abrupt. The sounds of fighting ebbed and died off as they traveled, fading to silence as they came to another, wider opening in the passage. The group encountered another bizarre mixture of people(?), who appeared to be in a similar state to their own.

Visrii, It that Embraces, Alexandria, Jesse, Venus, Eon, Kurosawa, and Halley are now in!

They've just finished fending off an array of shadowy creatures; some similar to the Shadow Beasts the first had just fought, albeit weaker individually and closer to animals than humanoids, and a few different types of strange creatures with a black heart symbol with an "X" through it emblazoned on them somewhere, except for the smallest, which seemed to be pure shadow.

• Upvote 2

Eon

"Oh, others are around, how amusing." Eon remarked, looking out towards the newcomers.

"You don't seem to be of the shadow variety, so I suppose that you're all in a similar predicament as us?"

Edited by Zetaark

An otherworldly figure dominates the group - not physically, but the white, feminine humanoid is hard to ignore despite her less-than-commanding demeanor, tall and curvaceous and beautiful and alien and somehow more real than everyone and everything else.

Several of her eyes briefly disappear from view, before returning, just in time to share in the mouthless (those eyes are surprisingly expressive) smile she gives the new (old?) arrivals as she turns to them and says with neither sound nor language:

[greeting]

Edited by Twei

Alexandria fires up her active scanners and gives the newcomers a once-over for concealed explosives, heavy weapons, intense high frequency radiation, and people whose looks and internals don't match. Really, who doesn't start every meeting by checking for those things?

"Greetings! Welcome to our cave!" She shouts over to the incoming new people while beginning a slow stride in their general direction, "You wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you? I could swear this place looks familiar, but I cannot seem to remember where from. Also, who are you? I don't believe we have been introduced. I am Alexandria, and in the absence of any reason not to be, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"I'm Edmond Cooper. I'm an engineer, and I come from a universe lacking the magic I have seen here. I'm glad to meet too."

He stared in astonishment at the colossus of tungsten and steel, amazed at the intricacies in this persons armament and outfit. He had since turned his gaze away from the dragon and the ethereal humanoid, knowing that they were beyond his comprehension.

"E-eh? Your weapon...talked? Also, spirits of heroes from....another world?"

"My name is Ivory. It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Well, she's more a person than a weapon. This form, called Carnage Form (for some reason. That's what my boss told me it's called) let's me use her as a weapon, and also use her abilities."

And then new people. Hikari waves enthusiastically to them.

"I am the Hellfire Knight," the cloaked figure answers, looking around a bit at the strange sights. Was that a dragon? And that. . . woman? over there. So many strange people. . . She'd meant to speak with Kagari a bit more; other than the obvious "having the same exact name as someone from a different world" bit, the part where she'd suddenly become an idol reminded her of a conversation she'd never had the opportunity to finish with another person from her home world.

• Upvote 1

"A man of science? Excellent! Mages are rarely dullards, but they often lack a certain amount of practical sense. I suppose when magic is your greatest skill, everything begins to look like a job for an enchantment." Alexandria scans him for IEDs and concealed weapons, and upon not finding any attempts to shake his hand. After so much time in politics it's practically hard-wired.

Katsuo

Katsuo, being in the back, was among the last to notice the newcomers. Newcomers. More. Great.

"Well isn't this just lovely." He muttered.

Gwaedu spun affirmatively.

"Sarcasm, girl."

An angry bounce indicated that Gwaedu already knew that.

"No, it's not lovely at all. This has been a mess all around and now it's becoming an even bigger mess."

Katsuo sighed and answered the shouty one.

"Himura Katsuo. A-ranked ground mage, moon, I smash things." He said halfheartedly.

Gwaedu spun her introduction.

"Oh, yeah, and this is my partner Gwaedu, she's a mace." Katsupo added, pointing at her with his thumb

"It is a pleasure to meet you, milady Gwaedu," Alexandria curtsys to the mace, ignoring Katsuo, "And your manservant, I suppose. I feel this may be the start of a beautiful friendship."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Having introduced themselves, the Hellfire Knight started to sidle toward one edge of the clearing. The imperative to tell people nothing of their actual capabilities remained strong - and they weren't exactly one for large groups in the first place. They contemplated taking a seat, but decided that it wasn't worth the effort and potential of drawing attention.

The spider had to practically gag her own mouth to prevent from screeching in rage as yet more fucks emerged from the woodwork, and a good amount of them just as inedible as the skeleton and armored being from the looks of it. She already knew damn well numbers would complicate things greatly if she couldn't isolate the weakest links; loading up more only made the issue that much worse. She was never going to nab one of them unnoticed at this rate...

She stayed there, in the shadows high on the cliff wall as she watched them all. Voices, heartbeats, introductions. If she hadn't had more pressing concerns, she admittedly would've been even more curious about this lot than when she saw the first... a large serpent of some type, yet another person made of metal, a white... thing with many eyes, a shit ton of more fleshies...

"RRRRRRRrrrrrrr....." the growl was quiet, so soft nign none would've heard it save for those standing in the very back of the group. Not that the spider much cared at this point, even if they tried to find the source, they were unlikely to find her while so totally concealed in the shade. She needed a plan, a better one than she was currently wasting her time with... but nothing was coming to her. She could feel her fangs grinding faster in frustration by the second...

• Upvote 1

Edmond accepted the proffered hand, with only the slightest hesitation, knowing full-well that Alexandria had the power the reduce all the bones in his hand to a powder.

Oops. I had no idea that we had a mage named Katsuo in our group. Huh.

[Amusement] declares the 'ethereal woman' as the quirky group of... people begin to introduce themselves to each other. A sparkle of mirth dances upon her many eyes, but then she steps forward, positioning herself at the center of everything and everyone. Perhaps just to bask in the warmth of the thin things, but a moment later she clears her throat. Or, at least, the concept-speech equivalent of it. [Attention], perhaps.

[Declaration: Introductions: important. Timing: optimal. ]

She gestures to herself with so many long, warm arms, more real than the air around her.

[self: It That Embraces. Avatar of She Who Was. Primordial. Role: Guide, companion, protector.]

It That Embraces: a name denoting warmth, a motherly companion. Avatar: an agent, a reflection of something infinitely greater. She Who Was: a being that once formed all life, and now slumbers; as dead as something which cannot die can be. Primordial: something ancient, something more vast than can be imagined. Role: a being's purpose for existence, something like the idea of 'a life goal' but more so.

Then she gestures to each and every person around her, all twenty-some individuals. Yes, even the spider-woman skulking in the darkness. Especially her.

[You/Group/Others: Allies. Companions. Friends? Imperative: Introduce yourselves.]

Edited by Twei