[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

The girl adjusts her glasses as she turns to Theo.

"H-Hello. My name is Takino Hikari. H-Have you found anything yet?" the girl - Hikari - responds.

I don't remember entering an idolasphere... but that's the only explanation for not being in Tokyo anymore, isn't it? she thought.

Seeing a new face awaken, Edmond walked over to introduce himself. "I'm Edmond. For some reason, a bunch of people have been called here, for lack of a more appropriate term. We're...sort of... working on a plan to get out of this valley."

How close are the things making the barrier to one another?

If they are close enough together. Pluck might Blow the Horn near them.

"I could use Gallary's power to fuse the two barrier generators into one, allowing us to pass. It would either work, or do nothing, since Gallary's power does not affect things greater than herself."

The two nail-like structures quiver for a moment, then snap together, meeting at an awkward angle. The barrier sparks, almost angrily, but doesn't dissipate. However, this may not be the thing to pay attention to at the moment. . .

A portal opens up in the sky, and three creatures drop out, landing near the opening that looks out over the castle.

Shadow-Beats-from-Zelda-Twilight-Princes

(source)

They seem to glare menacingly at the group despite their lack of eyes, beginning to circle around the group. Three more drop in from the sky near the path cut off by the now-sparking barrier and begin to do the same.

(BGM)

Initiative

Bridgett: 25

Theodore: 23

Shadow Beast A, B, C: 21

Hikari: 19

Edmond: 17

Sachi: 16

Pluck: 16

Kagari: 13

Solomon: 11

Jade: 9

Katsuo: 8

Aurora: 8

Shadow Beast D, E, F: 6

Heo: 6

Hellfire Knight: 6

Magna: 5

Snow: 5

All Party Members: Healthy

All Shadow Beasts: Healthy

• Upvote 2

Hikari gulps when she sees the incoming monsters. "I-I guess I should've expected this..." Hikari says. She takes a deep breath. "Ivory, you still with me?" she says, seemingly to thin air.

"Of course, Hikari." says an echo-y, female voice. An armored figure appears next to Hikari, holding a spear. "Shall we get started?"

Hikari nods, extending a hand to the phantom - Ivory, presumably. Ivory, rather than, say, shaking the hand, gives Hikari the spear. Hikari grips the implement of battle, and as she does so Ivory seems to sort of... fade, a trail of energy linking her to the weapon and to Hikari. By the time she's gone, the weapon seems as real as Hikari, and beyond that Hikari herself has changed. Hikari herself is notably taller - around 7 inches by the imperial system that several of the party would know - and has grey streaks in her hair, and her nondescript clothing has morphed into green-tinted armor.

Auto-support will use Tarukaja/Rakukaja, target Hikari and Sachi with a Res boost, and Hiroki with attack boost.

Hikari will cast Rakukaja on Theo.

Edited by Twinwolf

Great. It seems the knight was correct. Well, I suppose this will be the real test of whether we can work together. However, the real question is why we were brought to...well basically a cage, after hearing a cry for help.
So, I don't have any weapons on me except my welder. Actually, I might be able to use that.

A series of three sharp clicks signal the activation of the welder. A small tongue of blazing incandescent plasma flares out of the nozzle. Edmond takes up a balanced stance, and prepares to jab at one of the oncoming creatures.

Edmond will use weld against Shadow Beast B

((If someone else attacks Shadow Beast B, they will get damage boost))

Edited by Strider

Sachi produces her smartphone, quickly tapping at it as the beasts land, attempting to stay out of reach.

"Here goes!"

Around her body swirls deep blue pansy petals, as Sachi's body from the neck down is covered with azure energy. She extends her arms and hands as she continues evading the beasts, purple Dianthus petals swirling around her hands to form white metal gauntlets around them, with a Dianthus flower on the backs of each lighting up before fading black. They seem to shake and tremble slightly, as if not fitting quite right on her, but the trembling stops as the rest of her outfit froms from blue light, a white, form-fitting leotard with blue stripes running down each side forming across her torso before armor in the form of an armored skirt and pauldrons cover her up better. The small Dianthus brooch on her head gains a small addition; a tiny, blue-gemmed pansy underneath, as if to accentuate it. The last thing to form are a giant tower shield and an equally massive spear, the former clipped on Sachi's right hand and the latter in her left, as she skids to a stop on her newly formed heels, planting her shield in the ground to help her stop. On her back, a stylized pansy with five petals appears, lighting up with power before fading to a deeper blue.

Two small creatures- barely the size of a hand- hover around Sachi's shoulders; one, a small, masked, feminine humanoid in full white armor with a conical helmet and a naginata bladed on both ends, the other a masculine humanoid with a golden kimono, a white kabuki mask and silver hair trailing from their head, two katanas sheathed at each side.

Immediately, Sachi slams her shield into one of the Shadow Beasts with a cry, forcing it to face her in battle!

Heroic Challenge on Shadow Beast D!

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Jade O'Duffle

"So, some rats have come out to play." Jade spoke rubbing his chin. "Well I have been getting board with all this indecisiveness, so I can spare some of my time." Noticing more of them coming from behind, he quickly drew out his revolver and shot one of the ones that just arrived. A cyan bullet left his barrel as well as cold vapor. A blue streak can then be seen going towards the beats head for a split second. He never liked the cold, the shivers it gives is annoying. However, it does come in handy for slowing opponents.

Aim to Kill with Cryo Bullets on Beast F

Attack Shadow beast B with Fell From Heaven.

"Oh well at least it's only monsters; perhaps they're here to guard the pillars; so perhaps I should have thrown a book at the pillar".

Solomon points his ring to the sky firing a single book there.

"That sounds like a good idea parrot man; maybe you should try it just to see what happens"

The book arcs toward the Shadow beast that had previously been welded

"It's not that stupid of an idea; at worst it it would have done nothing, and at best it would have summoned a small army to try and take our lives"

He then turns to the young lady who has just woken up "Oh hello Young lady; what an inconvenient time to wake up isn't it: can you fight or are you better suited in the backline?"

As the book is moments away from the shadow beast; The grey cloaked man finds enough time to say

"This is local branch of the Alexandrian book club, and you're not invited!"

Edited by Cronos5010

Katsuo - 33/33HP, Healthy

Right, yes, now--after he was out of position--that was when they decided to finally do something. Still, at least they'd done something. Probably something stupid, but it was something. The first set of foes dropped at a fair distance, but the second set was right by him--seeing as he had made an effort to be at least somewhat near the exit. They were strange, ugly creatures that exuded a clearly evil aura. He found himself actually rather caught off-guard, and it took a couple beeps from Gwaedu to remind him that fighting was a thing.

"Alright finally." He said, switching to a combat stance, "Some action to break up this snoozefest."

Right now he was out of place, so it seemed like the first thing to do was reposition.

"Gwaedu, Pulse Dash in one."

Gwaedu blinked in response and a scarlet colored Belkan triangle spread out from Katsuo's feet. An instant later it collapsed inward, disappearing along with Katsuo. At what seemed like the exact same moment, Katsuo appeared behind Shadow Beast E

Pulse Dash behind Shadow Beast E

"Ah... Spiderling, can you speak? Do you understand what I'm saying?" Magna asked. She hadn't considered that being half arachnid may not have granted her the chance to learn the human language. At worst, the attempt at communication may be an attempt in futility. The spider slowly moved a little closer, and began to hum. What... was that supposed to mean? She hadn't the faintest of the behavioral patterns of spiders. Just then, she could hear the humans' voices grow louder, as they started interacting with the strange machinery, followed by portals opening up. As if on cue, strange looking beasts emerged from them, appearing hostile to their group. Magna decided to stand back and wait, to see what everything in this small confine was capable of.

"I'm afraid we'll have to continue our conversation later, as we have company," she said, as she stood by with her scythe by her side. If she didn't have to act, then all the better.

"Ah... Spiderling, can you speak? Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"..." She stopped the humming noise and gave a subtle shake of her head to the first question and a nod to the second. So... she really wasn't afraid. Interesting. Aurora drew back again, just as... well, as the chaos started. Her attention wandered over to the sudden appearance of the beasts, three on either sides of the group, some of the fleshies already beginning to combat them. Almost instantly... she felt something rise within her. Something she knew well, something she felt before every hunt. It was the rush of hunger, and the frenzied anticipation of relief.

Infact, the rush was so great, Aurora actually spent more time standing there fantasizing about a kill than she did actually trying to secure one. In due time though, she unveiled her Chitin gauntleted hand from her sleeve, the shard embedded in it blazing with the twinkling radiance of a celestial body. The air began to warp and distort under the temperature of her focused power, and with a snarl, she set her sights on one of the beast already under attack and cast her hand outward, brilliant radiance forming into a jetting lance of incandescent luminance that lit up the stones and walls of the enclosed area alike as it flew...

Use Piercing Ray (Ranged version) on Shadow Beast B

• Upvote 1

"Heh... well, ain't that even freakier?" Heo grins, one hand out in front of him a little, fist clenched, the other holding his sword in a loose grip, the end of it being supported by the ground. His legs shift around a bit, and his eyes betray his tenseness as he scans the monsters. Suddenly, sprinting towards one of the shadow beasts, his arm that was previously clenched is now punching, aimed at the thing! "Take it, asshole!"

Burning River Shadow Beast E

The one that called themselves Hellfire Knight jumped into the air, doffing their cloak as black plating formed up around them in a flash. The new figure bristled with weaponry that immediately lit up with a hostile orange-white glow, bombarding the area with Curtain Fire.

Bridgett was perpared as the shadowy beast appeared after the pillars came together.

"you ready Mornings Arrow." She asked as she leveled her device and a light blue Midchilda magic circle appeared under her "Yes My Lady. Prepared for bombardment" The device said as four light blue lights appeared around Bridgett. "Okay then fire. Magic Arrows!!!" Bridgett finished as the lights flew towards the beasts.

Bridgett uses Magic Arrows against Shadow beast D and E two shoots each.

Kagari coiled away in revulsion when she saw the things that were attacking.

"Now those are the absolute ugliest treants I've ever seen. They should feel honoured to be hit by a cute girl's butt."

Kagari casually spun on the spot and kicked herself off the ground, lurching towards the things butt-first, attacking the closest one rapidly with her butt, her posterior moving faster than the eye could follow.

Use Butt Gatling on Shadow Beast B

Magna chuckled, as she watched the humans spur in action. "Mortals, always in a hurry to kill or rush into their deaths," she said to herself. She sort of envied them, as she had forgotten what it was like to truly "live". Being dead and all. Though, she let out a low whistle, as she witnessed unique abilities one after another. Many had physical capabilites that certainly surpassed the average human, others could transform, and some had abilities that weren't native to humans. Magna even began to question whether or not these people WERE humans, or magical beings that took human form. After observing everything for long enough, Magna decided to enter the battle herself.

Reave Shadow Beast B

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"For the love of... Aelia... you're lucky I'm patient. I suppose I get to see their mettle however. Just how much worth these mortals have in the way of fighting. Though, most of them are still idiots if this is any indication." Snow thought to herself. But, she wasn't going to just stand there and watch. She wanted to, to see how useful these humans were to her, but eeeh, these beasts were best not left alive. That... and she really wanted to fucking kill something after having to put up with these idiots for so long already.

She sprinted up to the foes and suddenly the entire area grew much colder. The temperature plummeted and got extremely frigid near instantly. A fine white mist permeated from Snow's armour, a gentle hiss of frost forming on her full plate, similar to the frst that hissed on the Twin Fangs of Winter. The air itself suddenly froze around three of the Shadowy Beasts, sending shards of ice flying at them all with blinding speed.

Use Ice Calamity, Targeting Shadowbeasts A, C, and F