Version 8 - Stopped In Our Tracks

Jan

You can find an Onix in Goldenleaf Cave. You can find a Metal Coat in Blacksteeple Cave (in the far east side of the room). You can buy a Link Heart in Route 3.

So yes, it is possible to get Steelix.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the V8 and I'm stucked at the island, can anyone help me to get back to Gearen City/Sheridan Village? When I talked to Aelita and Melia then I was teleport to Xen Bridgade but nothing happened.

Edited by ContestStarKarin281

just download and older version and trigger the event and go back later to v8.

I played the V8 and I'm stucked at the island, can anyone help me to get back to Gearen City/Sheridan Village? When I talked to Aelita and Melia then I was teleport to Xen Bridgade but nothing happened.

Since the Pokemon Location guide thread is locked due to the spoiler lock (at the time of making this post). Can anyone tell me where "Carotos Cove" is so I can find Zubat? I'm guessing it's somewhere by the secret shore but I have absolutely no idea. And in what sense do I have to use Flash to find Zubat?

Carotos Cove is located deep in the Corta Forest (North of Route 3). Find the Ancient Wing in Purity Cove first, and then bring Cut to get in Corta Forest. Fight the Kingdra statue (This is why you need the Ancient Wing) and you can go even deeper. Go up the stairs in one of the houses and you can enter a cave. There will be Zubats hanging over the ceiling. When you get close to the Zubats, you'll be prompted to use Flash (if you have it), use it and it will trigger a Crobat fight. The prize is a Zubat.
The TM for Flash can be bought in Chrisola Hotel.

Carotos Cove is located deep in the Corta Forest (North of Route 3). Find the Ancient Wing in Purity Cove first, and then bring Cut to get in Corta Forest. Fight the Kingdra statue (This is why you need the Ancient Wing) and you can go even deeper. Go up the stairs in one of the houses and you can enter a cave. There will be Zubats hanging over the ceiling. When you get close to the Zubats, you'll be prompted to use Flash (if you have it), use it and it will trigger a Crobat fight. The prize is a Zubat.

The TM for Flash can be bought in Chrisola Hotel.

Ah, I've never managed to find the Ancient Wing before, I've tried searching every tile in the water in Purity Cove, but I've never actually found it there. I'll try searching again once I'm done inside Carotos Mountain, thanks.

Ah, I've never managed to find the Ancient Wing before, I've tried searching every tile in the water in Purity Cove, but I've never actually found it there. I'll try searching again once I'm done inside Carotos Mountain, thanks.

the wing isn't in the water, but near it

I'd like to say, for those that have Eevee jackpot starters...

I recently learned that Jan had changed Eevee so that it could evolve early into Umbreon and Espeon regardless of happiness at Lv. 12. If that's going to be a thing though, then perhaps there should be a similar measure for Leafeon and Glaceon since they're not even that much stronger than all the others. Put a second Moss Rock and an Ice Rock somewhere in, say, the 3rd gym.

(Very, very few fangames ever let you have an early game Glaceon, usually shoving it until very late game for reasons that appear to be more about region design than anything else. And that kind of makes me sad. I would definitely do an Eevee run if I could get an early Glaceon out of it, as that's my favorite one.)

Edited by Alilatias

I'd like to say, for those that have Eevee jackpot starters...

I recently learned that Jan had changed Eevee so that it could evolve early into Umbreon and Espeon regardless of happiness at Lv. 12. If that's going to be a thing though, then perhaps there should be a similar measure for Leafeon and Glaceon since they're not even that much stronger than all the others. Put a second Moss Rock and an Ice Rock somewhere in, say, the 3rd gym.

(Very, very few fangames ever let you have an early game Glaceon, usually shoving it until very late game for reasons that appear to be more about region design than anything else. And that kind of makes me sad. I would definitely do an Eevee run if I could get an early Glaceon out of it, as that's my favorite one.)

Isn't the third gym Marianette's Mansion? If you would want a Moss Rock or an Ice Rock around that lvl, it might be more interesting to place them in the deep sewers. You could place them into two new containers against the storage shack. You have to waste a rare candy though.

• Developers

Okay, Version 8.1 is out! The following bugs have been fixed:

Hidden Item on Terajuma Shore can crash the game.
Pushing the bolder in Darchlight manor to the stairs, it can cause you to get stuck.
Not being able to progress due to Augustus not taking you to Secret Shore.
Losing to Valarie will make you unable to reach her again.
Talking to Melia on Terajuma shore after Valor Mt. from above freezes the game.
Game crashes when you view Volcanion's sprite on the advanced dex.
Thief's dungeon is broken.
Game continuing after losing to Florin/Flora.
The game freezes up (Literally) in Angie's dimension if you didn't save him.
Yui's miltank freezing the game inside the barn/house at night.
Ledges can be jumped over sideways in Darchlight cave.
There are no encounters in Nectar Woods.
No encounters in Yui's ranch.
No encounters at Azure Shore.
Flora's backsprite doesn't appear.
Magma Drift and Douse are still considered HMs.
Leftover dialogue in Teila Resort.
Sp Def room doesn't open.
Uppermost Butterfree is actually a BEE.
Dialogue for Oshawott/Totodile.
Two Round TMs
Venam's mom being glitchy.
Some trees on Route 3(past) not working.
Florin's Serperior doesn't have Contrary all of the time.
Graphical glitch in Gearen's Help Center.
Surf glitch in Corta Forest.
Mosely walking through walls.
Wispy Path not allowing biking/doesn't change during different times of the day.
Marble Mansion elevator glitch.
Unable to progress through Darchlight Manor if you haven't read the last book on the top floor.
Some passability errors in Teila Resort.
Passability errors in the Gyarados Rift.
Goldenleaf Pokemon Center.
Passability errors in Carotos Mountain.

Passability errors on Luck's tent.

Various typos.

------------------------

Chasity's event has been reset (Venam's mother).

The Mawile event has been reset.

In addition to these fixes, some changes have been made to the Darchlight Forest field effect.

Grounded Grass Pokemon restore 1/16th Max HP each turn
Fairy and Grass types now hit Steel type Pokemon for Super Effective damage.
Poison attacks deal neutral to Grass and Fairy types.

The following moves accuracy has been increased to 95:
Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Grasswhistle, Stun Spore.

Lastly, Flora and Florin receive some team changes and buffs.

Flora is now defensive, while Florin is hyper offensive.

Their teams have been modified accordingly.

There likely won't be an V8.2 unless there are several more gamebreaking errors found. In which case, it shouldn't take as long as this period has.

Okay, Version 8.1 is out! The following bugs have been fixed:

Hidden Item on Terajuma Shore can crash the game.

Pushing the bolder in Darchlight manor to the stairs, it can cause you to get stuck.

Not being able to progress due to Augustus not taking you to Secret Shore.

Losing to Valarie will make you unable to reach her again.

Talking to Melia on Terajuma shore after Valor Mt. from above freezes the game.

Game crashes when you view Volcanion's sprite on the advanced dex.

Thief's dungeon is broken.

Game continuing after losing to Florin/Flora.

The game freezes up (Literally) in Angie's dimension if you didn't save him.

Yui's miltank freezing the game inside the barn/house at night.

Ledges can be jumped over sideways in Darchlight cave.

There are no encounters in Nectar Woods.

No encounters in Yui's ranch.

No encounters at Azure Shore.

Flora's backsprite doesn't appear.

Magma Drift and Douse are still considered HMs.

Leftover dialogue in Teila Resort.

Sp Def room doesn't open.

Uppermost Butterfree is actually a BEE.

Dialogue for Oshawott/Totodile.

Two Round TMs

Venam's mom being glitchy.

Some trees on Route 3(past) not working.

Florin's Serperior doesn't have Contrary all of the time.

Graphical glitch in Gearen's Help Center.

Surf glitch in Corta Forest.

Mosely walking through walls.

Wispy Path not allowing biking/doesn't change during different times of the day.

Marble Mansion elevator glitch.

Unable to progress through Darchlight Manor if you haven't read the last book on the top floor.

Some passability errors in Teila Resort.

Passability errors in the Gyarados Rift.

Goldenleaf Pokemon Center.

Passability errors in Carotos Mountain.

Passability errors on Luck's tent.

Various typos.

------------------------

Chasity's event has been reset (Venam's mother).

The Mawile event has been reset.

In addition to these fixes, some changes have been made to the Darchlight Forest field effect.

Grounded Grass Pokemon restore 1/16th Max HP each turn

Fairy and Grass types now hit Steel type Pokemon for Super Effective damage.

Poison attacks deal neutral to Grass and Fairy types.

The following moves accuracy has been increased to 95:

Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Grasswhistle, Stun Spore.

Lastly, Flora and Florin receive some team changes and buffs.

Flora is now defensive, while Florin is hyper offensive.

Their teams have been modified accordingly.

There likely won't be an V8.2 unless there are several more gamebreaking errors found. In which case, it shouldn't take as long as this period has.

oh yay

thanks for the hard work on this update... now i can finally progress :)

Is Narcissa's Gengar supposed to be level 33 on Normal Mode? I swept through her team too fast so I didn't notice her other levels but she switched from a Level 40 Mismagius to a 33 Gengar, that seems oddly underleveled.

• Veterans

Is Narcissa's Gengar supposed to be level 33 on Normal Mode? I swept through her team too fast so I didn't notice her other levels but she switched from a Level 40 Mismagius to a 33 Gengar, that seems oddly underleveled.

There's a chance your file may have been switched to Casual for some reason. You could upload your savefile to the troubleshooting topic so someone can check it for you.

There's a chance your file may have been switched to Casual for some reason. You could upload your savefile to the troubleshooting topic so someone can check it for you.

I don't think so, I know for a fact that she had 6 pokemon, Drifblim, Chandelure, Rotom, Mismagius, Gengar and 1 more I forgot. I don't even know how to upload my save file :P

• Veterans

I don't think so, I know for a fact that she had 6 pokemon, Drifblim, Chandelure, Rotom, Mismagius, Gengar and 1 more I forgot. I don't even know how to upload my save file :P

I just checked the PBS files and apparently it IS supposed to be level 33. I think it's because Gengar is actually really strong and may be hard to outspeed and beat if it was any higher level.

Has Madame X's dialogue changed for when you beat her? If it has I really want to be able to defeat her 1 Yveltal but that Depicate or whatever it's called is too OP ;_;