Version 8 - Stopped In Our Tracks

Jan

Interesting plot. Visited the revamped areas too and it felt very enjoyable exploring such nicely designed levels!

The gym leader theme in combination with the field was an interesting idea. It has the capability of doing pretty good damage, especially

whimsicott

Well still i went there with a fully EV trained super-effective team so she was easy, but for someone who has not invested so much time teambuilding while waiting for next episode, she could deliver a good beating.

Edited by DemICE

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to go to sheridan secret shore ?

go to captain augustus, first he'll ive you a mawile but then speak to him again and he will bring you there

Edit: i found a little bug that when you use dusk balls at night they are less efficient than during the day

• Developers

go to captain augustus, first he'll ive you a mawile but then speak to him again and he will bring you there

Edit: i found a little bug that when you use dusk balls at night they are less efficient than during the day

Edit: My mistake. I read this wrong. Anyway, I'll look into it.

Also, try not to double post. I've merged it this time, but you can get warning points for continuing this.

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE VERSION YET.

In the Bladestar base, I chose to go with Erin and I told her that Flora was a Bladestar Admin, and I plan to do so during my new playthrough too. Can anyone tell me what happens if you choose to go with Flora down the middle path? I assume that she tells you about her affiliation with Bladestar and needs you to keep it a secret, but I would like to know more. Thank you. (If you haven't done the mansion sidequest, don't read this)

Also, is the only point of going into the mansion to find some info about the Altair family and get Taunt and the Light ball? Or is there actually a way to catch the Rotom that supposedly haunting the Clefairy doll.

You have the option to confront Flora about her being apart of Bladestar. She'll explain that the team is trying to get rid of the corrupted government officials and replace them with reliable people

She also "forces" you into becoming a member of Bladestar if you confront her. Then when you make it out of the cave you have the option to tell Florrin and Erin or keep quiet. I checked to see what happens there for both, if you tell them about her she gets really pissed at you but confesses, and calls you a traitor. If you keep quiet she thanks you for your loyalty and nothing else really seems to happen.

Edited by Quinnox

Must not cut my wrists Must not cut my wrists

4 Hours in the goldenwood cave trying to get a DECENT Geodude (acceptable IVs / not atrocious nature / Sturdy Ability).

I have found both a shiny woobat and a shiny noibat in this timeframe.

Must not cut my wrists Must not cut my wrists

Edited by WavesBlade

Well, Jan DID say that it would be a short episode. I'd recommend restarting the game so you can experience the improved areas that previously already existed as well!

But... But I already started over in v7....

Ah well, it'll be worth it just gonna have to get another 5000 coins from voltorb flip

There's a spoiler lock, right? How long will that be for?

Can someone that has completed the game answer me a question about the choice you make this version?

Does the password you get from Erin do anything or its something for the next version?

Also did anyone choose the keep quiet all the way options to see if it differs from siding with Flora? If you do confront her she confesses to you and "forces" you to join her team (I for get the name) and end with her thanking you for being loyal and gives you a gym battle, but you probably do fight her if she sticks around anyway, so I imagine that we at least get something slightly diferent next version depending if we side with her or just keep quiet.

Because if thats not the case the "optimal" choice is either to expose Flora or keep quiet about her but always choosing Erin since you get a password that may or may not be important.

And to end it what choice are you going to stick by for version 9?

Im going to side with Flora for the time being and see where this leads to.

So wait, apparently there was a big choice this episode, but I didn't really see any choice that was that big? Was it turning in Flora or not turning in Flora? IDK it just felt like not that big of a choice to me. You meet this random girl that's the grass gym leader, she turns out to be part of some supposed evil team and acts sneaky about it, and then you choose to turn her in or not? I dunno, it just didn't feel like what it was hyped up to be :P

Edit: Oh, well apparently it will have massive story differences for a while. Go figure, it just felt a lot more minor.

Edited by BananananaK

Spoilers, I guess

So it looks like there are three possible endings, from what I've read on the thread.

1.You rat out Flora, one way or another, and she gets arrested.

2.You keep her secret, but you're forced into becoming a Bladestar member.

3.You keep her secret and DON'T become a Bladestar member.

I haven't actually achieved options 2 or 3 yet, because I've only played this during Beta and I haven't gotten there with my new file yet... So let me know if this is all correct. I'm interested in seeing where this all goes...

Also, Jan said your decision will affect the story for all of Act 2, but I wonder if it has a major affect on subsequent acts also. Unless act 2 is the final one...

Polaris

A sudden, but worthwhile friendship. Thank you so much for helping me test things out while also giving suggestions on things. I appreciate your insight and I always look to you for suggestions etc. Thank you!

Oops, seems like I'm a tad bit late to the release, but firstly I just wanted to say thank you with all of my heart to Jan. You've worked so hard on this game, and it really shows through the quality of the game and all of the thought that goes into every single detail. Being able to test new features and content is one of my favorite things to do, so thank you, really. Secondly, I hope everyone enjoys this new release and makes sure that they show Jan their gratitude! He deserves it (and a break).

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is my favorite update so far and i started on version 5! The new areas felt really well done and i love the new characters, At first i thought it was stupid that the map had some multicolored blocks with letters on them but now i know its because they are the districts of GDC and it makes sense. I hope i made the right choice at the end though. Thanks Jan and crew for making the game so good! I noticed that some pokemon have better looking battle sprites now and they look beautiful good job guys. P.S. If version 9 comes out next year that's okay because i know you will use the time to make GDC full of cool sh!t. Also thank you for my Gardevoir she took out Florin's whole team except for some help from chandelure to deal with the Ferrothorn.

Edited by Gardevoir4president

####Honarable Mentions#####

I have to give credit to where it's due, and a lot of people stuck with me after this long development process.

Shia

If it weren't for Shia, I don't think Angie's new church/dimension would be as cool as it is now, tbh. Thank you for helping me with sprites,graphics etc! You really helped move the development process!

Forgot to reply, but no probs friend. <3

A couple observations on the first gym leader of this episode.

Flora desperately needs a Pokemon that knows Psychic. I entered the fight with an average team level of 63 and destroyed her first try despite being very underleveled. Crobat walls most of her Pokemon and outright one-shots Lilligant and Whimsicott. An efficiently EV-trained/higher level Crobat could one-shot her Ludicolo too, mine almost did and I don't build my team for competitiveness. Actually, her entire team seems to be heavily over-reliant on one-shot Grass tactics, but it falls apart if you come in with a 4x resist Pokemon. I'd say her only real threat was the Mega Venusaur, which suicided itself against my Sturdy Magnezone that Mirror Coated its Uproot.

I would say replace the Lilligant or Serperior. Lilligant is likely the better one to replace as the AI tends to be too dumb to take advantage of Quiver Dance (assuming it had it), and Serperior fulfills much of the same role anyway (being a theoretical nuke as well). Maybe get her a Roserade that knows Extrasensory in place of the Lilligant.

I also noted how the Serperior I fought actually didn't have Contrary as its ability.

Edited by Alilatias

A couple observations on the first gym leader of this episode.

Flora desperately needs a Pokemon that knows Psychic. I entered the fight with an average team level of 63 and destroyed her first try despite being very underleveled. Crobat walls most of her Pokemon and outright one-shots Lilligant and Whimsicott. An efficiently EV-trained/higher level Crobat could one-shot her Ludicolo too, mine almost did and I don't build my team for competitiveness. Actually, her entire team seems to be heavily over-reliant on one-shot Grass tactics, but it falls apart if you come in with a 4x resist Pokemon. I'd say her only real threat was the Mega Venusaur, which suicided itself against my Sturdy Magnezone that Mirror Coated its Uproot.

I would say replace the Lilligant or Serperior. Lilligant is likely the better one to replace as the AI tends to be too dumb to take advantage of Quiver Dance (assuming it had it), and Serperior fulfills much of the same role anyway (being a theoretical nuke as well). Maybe get her a Roserade that knows Extrasensory in place of the Lilligant.

I also noted how the Serperior I fought actually didn't have Contrary as its ability.

You're making it sound like, if you fight Flora, she has more than 3 Pokemon. Because if you get Flora arrested and fight Florin instead, he only has 3 pokemon which was very underwhelming imo.

TheMoltenGuy, do you happen to be playing on Casual Mode? "3 Pokemon only" sounds a bit borderline-easy even for Casual Mode, especially when it's a boss battle.

Edited by IntSys

Spoilers, I guess

So it looks like there are three possible endings, from what I've read on the thread.

1.You rat out Flora, one way or another, and she gets arrested.

2.You keep her secret, but you're forced into becoming a Bladestar member.

3.You keep her secret and DON'T become a Bladestar member.

I haven't actually achieved options 2 or 3 yet, because I've only played this during Beta and I haven't gotten there with my new file yet... So let me know if this is all correct. I'm interested in seeing where this all goes...

Also, Jan said your decision will affect the story for all of Act 2, but I wonder if it has a major affect on subsequent acts also. Unless act 2 is the final one...

I dont see why keeping quiet would be helpful unless we can extort her later for that info.

Heres everything we know about the situation:

-Bladestar appears to be the cause or at least connected in some way to the suposed corruption in the forest.

-Bladestar has a "Work towards a better city" Sign - Doesnt seem bad right?

-They have lots of surveilance in the city.

-Cassandra can be reckless but cares for her city acording to Florin.

-Bladestar destroyed both the bridge and rails - and in doing so put innocent lives in danger.

-The media portraits Bladestar as terrorists.

-The people behind the media are cheaters and intentionally hide things according to Erin.

-Bladestar's goal is to take down Grand city authority and raplace it with people they trust because the current leaders are corrupted and greedy, expecially Cassandra acording to Flora.

-Flora believes Cassandra is behind the stone phenomenom.

-Florin has a kind heart and his kindness will lead to his own demise according to Flora - I think the intention is to say Florin can be naive so it lends credibility to him believing in Cassandra?

-Grand Dream City ran the Oblitus town bankrupt somehow

-Beth, the owner of the bar, doesnt like Cassandra or something along those lines - I forgot what she said exactly, i think something about not being able to sell in the city?

Bladestar is definitely not innocent right from the start but might not be truly bad? Maybe the best option really is to keep quiet and gather more info and perhaps use Floras identity as a trump card in version 9. Idk we shall see.