Version 8 - Stopped In Our Tracks

Jan

I'm wondering if that quote spoiler we got at the end of V7 is what happens if you never help Krystal out in Amethyst cave, since she stops the train manually with her OP pls nerf psychic powers

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that there is now a tent in place of the healing center by the first gym... Does anyone know where the old healing center is located? I can't find it!!

You can heal in Gearen Laboratory

• Veterans

I may as well post it here right now, but PLEASE tag any spoiler topics for V8 with a

in front of your topic title! It'll make it easier for other people to avoid unwanted spoilers for the game.

Pretty cool overall. A bit disappointed with the difficulty of the gym leader in this one, especially on Intense.

Since you now have an option to change the difficulties and have the difficulties in the first place, I would really urge you to consider making the game considerably more challenging.

I remember a time where Narcissa was next to unbeatable. That seemed like the appropriate difficulty for a game that was going to feature an "intense" mode.

But the big issue is that as we approach the higher levels, our pokemon become very very strong and we have a lot more options.

Early on the difficulty is in place because we are to a degree stuck with our options. But now, my Jumpluff and Weezing just took out all 6 of his pokemon being 7~ levels lower.

Just wanted to give some thoughts on that. I originally fell in love with this game because of its difficulty, and want to make sure it retains that.

Either way, I love it!

• Veterans

Pretty cool overall. A bit disappointed with the difficulty of the gym leader in this one, especially on Intense.

Since you now have an option to change the difficulties and have the difficulties in the first place, I would really urge you to consider making the game considerably more challenging.

I remember a time where Narcissa was next to unbeatable. That seemed like the appropriate difficulty for a game that was going to feature an "intense" mode.

But the big issue is that as we approach the higher levels, our pokemon become very very strong and we have a lot more options.

Early on the difficulty is in place because we are to a degree stuck with our options. But now, my Jumpluff and Weezing just took out all 6 of his pokemon being 7~ levels lower.

Just wanted to give some thoughts on that. I originally fell in love with this game because of its difficulty, and want to make sure it retains that.

Either way, I love it!

There's difficulty modes for a reason. Some people have a hard time with casual mode already, so even if it's too easy for you it doesn't mean other people will think the same.

Having a game that's nearly impossible to beat will scare off a lot of people from playing as it doesn't appeal to a wide audience, only a select few people who are really into the hard challenges the game would offer. Yes, some rebalancing may be in place at some point for the fight if it turns out to be too easy for a lot of people on multiple difficulties, but it also heavily depends on what mons you have on your team, so for now it's not going to happen unless it's proven that it's absolutely necessary.

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE VERSION YET.

In the Bladestar base, I chose to go with Erin and I told her that Flora was a Bladestar Admin, and I plan to do so during my new playthrough too. Can anyone tell me what happens if you choose to go with Flora down the middle path? I assume that she tells you about her affiliation with Bladestar and needs you to keep it a secret, but I would like to know more. Thank you. (If you haven't done the mansion sidequest, don't read this)

Also, is the only point of going into the mansion to find some info about the Altair family and get Taunt and the Light ball? Or is there actually a way to catch the Rotom that supposedly haunting the Clefairy doll.

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

There's difficulty modes for a reason. Some people have a hard time with casual mode already, so even if it's too easy for you it doesn't mean other people will think the same.

Having a game that's nearly impossible to beat will scare off a lot of people from playing as it doesn't appeal to a wide audience, only a select few people who are really into the hard challenges the game would offer. Yes, some rebalancing may be in place at some point for the fight if it turns out to be too easy for a lot of people on multiple difficulties, but it also heavily depends on what mons you have on your team, so for now it's not going to happen unless it's proven that it's absolutely necessary.

I think either you misunderstood or I didn't explain myself very well.

I'm just confused because you said exactly what I said but took the opposite stance on it!

"There's difficulty modes for a reason." EXACTLY RIGHT! This means that the hardest mode should be very hard, and the easiest mode should be very easy. What's the point in having them otherwise?

If people struggle on casual, then maybe make it a little easier? idk, its pokemon it can't be that difficult.

Point I was trying to make was, you have tech in this game that can facilitate difficulty. At one point, this game was renowned for its difficulty. There is something to be said for this as well. I know it SEEMS like most people would be turned off by it, but the fan game community has a lot of players that are indeed interested in a challenge. That's why Nuzlocke etc has become so prevalent!

Great example is World of Warcraft. They do the same thing this game does. Their battles have an extremely difficult option that takes people hundreds of attempts, and they also have an extremely easy option that you couldn't fail if you wanted to.

I love difficult fan games and rom hacks, but I know most people have to make them easier to keep the younger crowd interested. But with this game, you have the solution to that already built into it!

how do i put spoiler tags

Oh! I found something. Ren and the events that take place in the Xen backup lab aren't going on

Here is how you do Spoiler tags

[ SPOILER] <PUT TEXT HERE [ /SPOILER]

remove the space between the bracket and spoiler on both sides to activate the Spoiler free magic :D

ZUMI:

Either way, I love it!

Well, I am having a difficult time with Normal mode myself!!! I thought I was good at Pokemon XD!

I'm starting a new file over to celebrate the V8 (didn't get far at all in V7) and hopefully my team is better..

Squirtle is definitely going to be better than chespin for sure.

By the way, does anyone else train on the EV room? Is there any way to catch the pokemon in there? I want a Clefairy >.<!

Edited by Zumi

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE VERSION YET.

In the Bladestar base, I chose to go with Erin and I told her that Flora was a Bladestar Admin, and I plan to do so during my new playthrough too. Can anyone tell me what happens if you choose to go with Flora down the middle path? I assume that she tells you about her affiliation with Bladestar and needs you to keep it a secret, but I would like to know more. Thank you. (If you haven't done the mansion sidequest, don't read this)

Also, is the only point of going into the mansion to find some info about the Altair family and get Taunt and the Light ball? Or is there actually a way to catch the Rotom that supposedly haunting the Clefairy doll.

You have the option to confront Flora about her being apart of Bladestar. She'll explain that the team is trying to get rid of the corrupted government officials and replace them with reliable people