The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3: Chapter 147 - Much Ado About Nothing. (03/02/23)

Like holy shit, I did not expect a half a month stay in a cell with you when this finale arc started.

We really need some time apart after this.

Its all apart of Melia master plan to get you to starting liking her so she can steal credit without you complaining or possibly going on a rampage

Who at this point, I believe were actually aliens from another world but it turns out WE were the aliens all along and Earth originally belonged to them?

Honestly this theory is not too farfetched,  especially cause of what v13 revealed 

GPrRzOpm.jpg

Yeah that just about confirms the theory of her being someone from the sean gang

wzbRXiem.jpg

Why is Zolt facing a wall?

On 1/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, Bluedude said:

Ep19 did have me like Hardy more, seeing as the whole time Titania and Shaphira were just giving lectures about how much the world sucks, yet it doesn’t affect Hardy and he’s just happy with his girlfriend.

Ah, a fan of Hardy. I see you are a cultured individual. Honestly, he's one of the few characters I like in Reborn. 

Anyway, replying to Derogatory's reply to my replys;

Oh. OH. THOSE kind of fangmes. Ergh, thanks a lot Internet...

Pfft. You Europeans don't all look the same? Hah! How prespos....pespost...presposterous! Next thing you'll tell me that not all Europeans understand and/or want to speak English.

Terminally online people making fools out of themselves is one thing, but when they think they're smart and be a condescending ass is another thing. Like claiming all art is political, and says we're stupid for enjoying a simple art. And even unironically equating Thomas with slavery.

In 2023. 

Ohoho, but it gets even better. This..."genius" went even further, and claim that trains are political! I'm guessing the joy I get whenever I see a train passing through is political?!?! God, these politically obssesed people. God, I legitimitely hate "Death of the Author" . God, I'm not even 50 and my blood is already rising high. 

Then again, I was arguing with someone online. I kinda brought that to myself. 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:15 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Can't conquer death though.

The most rich and powerful man in the world can still be killed by slipping in the shower.

Pfft. Then just be immortal. Problem solved!

On a serious note, but in my opinion, if (weirdo) billionares think they found a way to be immortal, I'm pretty sure they would do whatever they can to achieve this supposed key to immortality. Even if they have to kill a bunch of children or something.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there are some villains in fiction who have this kind of motive. Can't really recall who...

But they can still die from a banana peel, so in the end, it's worthless.

On to the chapter:

I know I said this multiple times but I despise this arc. Because of Turd and Stain. Because this arc happens because some brain dead gijinkas wanting to teach a lesson. That's it. That's 98% of this arc. 

A lesson that's meaningless.

Even superheroes who try to save everyone( because they're, well, superheroes) care waaay more about their loved ones than some frigging rando they meet for the literal first time.

And I still don't like their names. I know using Latin names is cliche, but that would be a better alternative than "Timpea and Spacea". Or better yet, I suggest some names from my language.

Don't worry, I choose good names this time. Like Waktu and Dimensi

...That's all I can think of. I could go for "Angkasa" but that refers to Space, as in the space with stars and planets and everything.

Remember when you were supposed to find out about Aelita's past? Instead, this arc decides to waste it time on a boring ass timeline. Thankfully though, Aelita's past did get revealed in the end.

Oh sorry. Did I say Thankfully? I meant Shockingly.

Because WHAT THE HECK is that backstory?!!! Like...damn. Sheesh. If there's one thing I'm looking forward from this arc, it's your reaction to Aelita's..."birth".

....Either v13 rewrote Madame X's dialogue, or my brain just shut out the fact that a TERRORIST is giving advice on how to sacrifice people. Terrorist, people who are usually well known to kill people and claim it's a "necessary sacrifice" for the "greater good".

It's like an animal abuser  giving advice to euthenise a dying pet. It's the correct advice in this situation,  but from the worst person possible.

Eugh...I never like the whole "touching an alternate timeline self destroys the universe" trope. If someone from the future touch their past self, then yeah the universe would logically explode. But I thought this princess is just Melia's alternate self? Why should that affect anything? In my opinion, it's no different from touching your self from an alternate dimension.

Then again, what do I know about time travel plots? 

Then again, when does time travel ever makes sense?

I was hoping that Madame X was secretly hungry all the time, but pretend otherwise to keep her edgy look. Because that means she's suffering. And I love seeing enemies suffering, mwahaha....

The closest thing we get to dynamic Pokemon battles is Pokken, maybe? I think? But God, Pokken looks so cool...I wish I could get one. And this is coming from someone who don't really give a damn about fighting games.

Hey, jumping off high things is cool! 

As long as you don't make a fool of yourself in the process...

I on the other hand don't understand what makes Dracula scary, especially in the modern age? So it can suck your blood, so? It lightphobic, just blast light into his eyes. If it can blind humans, it sure as heck can blind wimpy draculas who could only drink blood. What a loser. I'm more afraid of Raja Bersiong, a character in my local folklore.

Unlike Dracula, Raja Bersiong drinks blood because...it's tasty. That's...pretty much it. And he's not afraid of light, especially since my country is on the Earth's Equator. Sure, Bersiong doesn't have any mystical powers...But he's a king of a kingdom with loads of soldiers behind him. If he wants blood, he just order his soldiers to kill people. Problem solved! Also, his story originated much earlier than Dracula, so he's not a ripoff of Dracula. 

Points for originality!

I'm surprised that, according to Time Master Eon, you can't just cut someone's finger and use it to bypass security? Dang, there goes my future criminal plans...

I assure you, I'm totally joking.

Hmm...that girl in the painting seems to be black. 

Even better~

...I think I may have a certain fetish...

I'm also not a cunt.

That's another difference we have, cunt.

Perfect summary of Villain Sue there.

Being as irritating and ridiculous as possible REALLY takes them out of their comfort zone.

I wish there were more heroes who do stuff like these. The enemies are being try hard edgelords, yet the hero keeps going "LOL, XOXOXO"

I hope she isn't Gijinka Regigigas. Because Regigigas sucks...

...Unless Jan plans to give that thing a Mega or something?

My thoughts about gen 9:

WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYY does it stand up?!?! Why....

I'm still gonna choose it though. I'm bias to cats. And Proean, depsite being nerf. I would have love unnerfed Protean, but for balance sakes, it's probably for the best. 

Although, there's another starter who's also contending for my heart.

I don't usually care for Fire types. And Ghost types. And Crocodiles. But for some reason, I love this cool singing croc. His Signature move is so awesome...

I have nothing else to say about Quaquaval, except agreeing with everything you said.

Maybe that's why they gave the Kamen Rider Tinted lens? Sometimes, GameFreak does use their brain cells.

Lokix is so cool though. I know this is a pipe dream, but as a Kamen Rider fan, I wish we could get more colour variations for this Bug of Justice. There's so many options to choose from...

Also, I'm probably looking too deeply into this, but I like that it also gets the Dark type, considering that most Kamen Rider origins tend to be dark. And most Kamen Rider series can get rather dark, despite being for kids. Don't believe me? Here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/KamenRider

Oh. My. God. Clodsire...IS SO CUTE!!!AWRTFHTNTNTLook at it's derp face! I just want to squish this thing, and make him my body pillow. It's been years since I last had one...

Why couldn't Arboliva be cute...

A defensive Rock Pokemon, that's quite a rarity. Love it's design. Love it's ability. Love it's signature move. I just love him entirely.

I think people like Armarouge and Ceruledge because of the resemblance to the MegaMan Battle Network series. I can certainly see the resemblance. Their stats and ability are kinda bleh, but their moves are pretty good. 

But with Terastilization, they became even better....I think.

Kingambit knows that if he ever choose to stand up, our eyes would not be able to withstand how cool he is. But seriously though, I rarely, if ever, use Bisharp but I certainly didn't expect him to get an evolution. Congrats!

Now when are we getting a Rook version? Horse? Knight? Queengambit?

I too am not really fond of Paradox Pokemon. Considering they all have practically the same abilities. If they had different abilities, they might be more interesting.

I'm fond of the alternate Volcarona's though.

Can someone explain why a region based on Spain has Chinese products? Did Spain invade China at some point or something?

...That's their lore?! Why GameFreak, why do you always make messed up lore...

On 1/26/2023 at 1:01 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

Eugh...I never like the whole "touching an alternate timeline self destroys the universe" trope. If someone from the future touch their past self, then yeah the universe would logically explode. But I thought this princess is just Melia's alternate self? Why should that affect anything? In my opinion, it's no different from touching your self from an alternate dimension.

I never knew that was a legitimate trope. Touching past selves=destroyed sure but never an alternate selves version of that.

My best explanation for this is because this is still an alternate timeline, just a destroyed version of it. So in a bizarre leap of logic princess!Melia is the future version of base Melia, who only exists because of a time gear necklace.

It also really depends on what one considers an alternate universe. Do alternate timelines count as that despite the fact that it's merely a branching path from your own home timeline? Or does this hypothetical person only count 'true' alternate universes, such as what Spiderverse does? Going by what rejuvenation goes with, alternate timeline ≠ alternate universe. Maybe. This is the only arc that really touches upon this concept so hard to say how it will look in future episodes.

• Hmm 1

Here we are gang.

The penultimate chapter of this Dark Timeline arc.

Feels like just yesterday when we arrived, doesn't it?

Okay enough with the fake pleasantries.

We both know why you're really here.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-147-much-ado-about-nothing.1076/page-84#post-896236

Bluedude:

Spoiler

On 1/3/2023 at 6:26 AM, Bluedude said:

Good to see you’re back, was starting to get worried something bad happened.

Nah...just good ol' Sean being lazy as usual.

Best indicator of something bad having happened is if it's been more than a month since I was "Last Seen" on the Nuzlocke Forum.

Have you played through all of Ep19 of Reborn? They really did add a bunch of stuff for your player to do in the post game, a crazy amount. 

I haven't actually.

I got to Victory Road but then thought I should maybe start again to get all the updated stuff and whatnot.

Haven't actually touched it since.

I do think it’s really weird that they added sexual abuse into the backstories of some characters. Especially for Shaphira with Connel, it feels like the devs just put it in to give us more reasons to hate him, as if the child torture from before wasn’t enough. It just feels fake. 

It is rather weird. I always thought he was a creep but in like the cold analytical doctor way not that he was an actual rapist.

And it does feel like all the hate is supposed to go towards him and Sirius to distract you from people who deserve it as well.

Like all the people who tried to kill you at one point or another.

Guess "attempted" murder isn't a crime in Reborn.

Ep19 did have me like Hardy more, seeing as the whole time Titania and Shaphira were just giving lectures about how much the world sucks, yet it doesn’t affect Hardy and he’s just happy with his girlfriend.

Hardy is a simple man with simple desires.

It also helps that he isn't mentally ill like 90% of the cast.

As many problems that Rejuvenation has, at least the characters are a lot less miserable than the people in Reborn.

And a lot more likable.

Like after becoming Champ I can see Rejuvenation Sean sticking around for good and putting his roots down but Reborn Sean?

Does he have anyone he could actually call a friend in that region?

There's a bunch of children, a girl who won't shut up about Kiki, a gay guy and Taka's corpse.

Not very fun.

Here’s a fun fact, for a long time I thought your name was pronounced like seam, but with you replace the m with an n. Now I know you say it like Shaun, which makes more sense.

God what a fucking terrible life I would have led if my name was Seen?

I suppose you got closer than those Taiwanese kids I was friends with in Germany. They thought it was pronounced like Cyan.

Gentleman Jaggi:

Spoiler

On 1/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

But I bet you looooove how long it's taking me to get through it, right?

I started playing for a bit and enjoyed it but it got kinda boring after a while and I haven't played it since.

The classic Derogatory Luck. I knew it was a bad idea without Rose's luck to balance things out.

I'm waiting for Rejuv to be finished before I give it another chance anyway so in the meantime I'm just along for the ride. You'll probably get to the stuff I haven't played before Jan finishes the game.

It annoys me to no end that I'll never be able to experience the fully completed version in all it's glory.

Because I doubt once I'm finished that I'd ever be able to play it again.

Doing so with a new and different team would feel...wrong.

Rimworld is the most fun when it's fucking you over and you have to scramble to keep everything together. If you haven't yet try the Randy Random storyteller, he removes the cooldown period that keeps multiple bad things from happening to you colony in succession.

It WAS on Randy Random. All I ever seemed to get was bug attacks and my Slaking's Rhyhorn daughter dying of leprosy or something.

I'll give it another go after I get this chapter up. I could use a break.

The usual mischief and murdering no doubt.
But as for her exact plans, who fucking knows?
It's been five years of this and I still don't know their actual motivation.
Gathering souls, making Shadow Pokemon, creating Dimensional Rifts...what's it all for in the end?
What's keeping her going?

Dozens of hours into the game and still no clue what the actual plot is. Just Rejuv things.

And then what little of the plot we learn is balls to the wall crazy.

'S a pretty good system.

r1uCn4Lm.jpg

Expand  

That's it, that's Rejuvenation in a nutshell. All the time, with everything.

The fact Jan actually put that line in means he's either fucking with us or just extremely oblivious. Not sure which one's worse.

It's the former.

The fucker has GOT to know he's doing it by now.

And he ENJOYS it.

m0Ldp6cm.jpg

Expand  

So is this just a Dragon thing or are you rubing off on Rose?

It's mostly a dragon thing.

I figure pride is a big thing with them.

Dex:

Spoiler

On 1/10/2023 at 2:29 AM, Dex said:

Well so much for finishing before 2022 ends!

😭

Replies:

Hide contents

On 1/2/2023 at 11:15 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

And I am also a liar because I am two months late with my reply to your reply.

My defense isn't as good either because I just didn't feel like updating.

Lie as easily as you breathe I see!

You mean you were lying about hurting your hand, shocked truly I am!

No but seriously its all good. Go at your own pace.

God...back in the day going at my own pace used to mean a chapter every 3 days...sad to see what things have become...

Chapter Comments:

Hide contents

Well I'd argue that those are Chiller's skeletons due to the cause of death being him...

But unfortunately for me the whole "There are no bad Pokemon, just bad Trainers." thing is an actual law in this region.

Q1s60CSm.jpg

Pretty much. Though I can't imagine you getting off scot-free either.

Hell, when I think about it, things would probably be even worse for me legally since I can actually understand you lot.

Expand  

Well at least you have to worry about Chiller then! He'd be downright insulted if they gave credit for his kills to you!

Very true.

He'd be disgusted if he knew that the police would call me a murderer for using my Vanilluxe to freeze people.

He wouldn't like be treated as a murder weapon and not a murderer.

QfCD8enm.jpg

GOOD GOD WE'D NEVER FIGURE OUT WHO SHE WAS THEN!

Expand  

That'd be really smart honestly. . . which is probably why you dont have to worry about that happening. Assuming we know the person under the helmet. I'm half expecting madame x to be a all new character under that thing.

I don't think we have to worry about that.

It's masked hero characters that usually end up just being some guy while masked villian character are always famous industrialists or something.

She's probably Saki's Mom or something.

S8FQuEMm.jpg

Do you little shits think I don't have ears or something?

HELL I'M THE ONLY ONE ON THIS FUCKING TEAM WITH THEM!

05wIDASm.png
Expand  

Caesar is clearly Sean from another timeline or your spirit animal, just stick some glasses on him and you cant tell the difference!

Clearly they're all REALLY good at reading lips.

My spirit animal is a DRAGON goddamit! I ain't accepting a fucking BUSH as one.

sMyrZ5Rm.jpg

Ugh...this seems like a terrible thing to put in a game. It's easily an instant win button and the villain just looks stupid for not using it.

I hope to GOD there's severe repercussions for using it or that it doesn't transport you through space as well because then what the fuck is the point of doing anything otherwise?

Expand  

Near as I remember there don't seem to be any major drawbacks. Which makes the whole thing even worse. I legit think Jan and company didn't think this part of the game through.

It also never fucking comes up after this.

Like nobody ever talks about it again.

It's weird.

THESE PEOPLE FUCKING KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYONE FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

I can keep beating them down over and over again, but like a weed that's been injected with steroids, they keep spreading and I can't do dick to stop it.

ZuntIvXm.jpg

And the way this story is fucking going it's looking more and more likely that Team Xen are going to turn out to be well-intentioned extremists or some such shit like that.

Which repulses me since I want them all dead and the more likeable ones imprisoned.

But that's literally just Sharon and Eli.

Expand  

Honestly this comes up in a lot of fangames. Desolation, Reborn, Rejuvenation, it always seems like your 10 steps behind the bad guys AT BEST. Like after a certain point how are you even remotely a threat to them?

Also you're just gonna have to accept that last part about well intentioned extremists. Seems to be a common thing for fangames too. 

All they need to do is get arrested one by one until the Evil Team Leader realises how much damage the player has done and stages a jailbreak. That'd be much better than them just walking right past us out the fucking door!

Don't worry. There's going to be at least TWO people in the group that are utterly irredeemable so we can pour all our hate on them.

Yeah their whole plan is incredibly stupid as it is but it gets worse due to that single fucking fact.

Vivian should mean virtually nothing to Melia for her to interfere this much.

OVu6Asem.jpg

But say we accept that Melia's some all-loving heroine with warm sunshine in her heart, there's still a massive difference between Vivian and someone like Venam to her.

That's where the lesson fails in my opinion.

Expand  

You know thinking on this now, this whole Vivian Decision probably should have been the players choice. Knowing about her connection to Aelita, Aelita being our best friend, etc

Nah. This whole thing was meant to be a lesson for Melia, right?

Gotta prioritise the greater good over her own selfish desires and whatnot.

See that wouldn't work on me. I'd get the lesson and learn nothing from it because I still prefer the selfish option.

dcorriWm.jpg

GALARIAN RAPIDASH SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRE PEGASUS DAMMIT! IT WAS ALREADY A UNICORN!

I'M STILL MAD ABOUT IT AND HOPEFULLY NOBODY WILL SEE THROUGH THIS REPEATED COMPLAINT AND NOTICE HOW FUCKING WORRIED I AM ABOUT A LITERAL POKEMON PRINTING PRESS EXISTING!

Expand  

It really should have. The real one wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so dang ugly. I've seen some REALLY good fan designs.

This one is my favorite.

That's pretty good but I wouldn't have given it Lightning Rod myself. Rapidash should stay a physical attack.

Volt Absorb would be much better.

VrAEoCom.jpg

Expand  

Aww, I see your still heartbroken by your best mon leaving.

Heartbroken?

He's basically an escaped convict! I caught him in a 2 dollar ball so now he owes me a lifetime of servitude!

YGqsTHwm.jpg

Expand  

Clearly the Dragon type's biggest weakness is ego. 

You've clearly been a great influence on the girl!

Well it makes sense, right? Dragons are always said to be proud creatures in fantasy!

And she's always been a little prideful.

Or maybe smug is a better word?

My endless praises can't have helped matters.

Ntrxohrm.jpg

Expand  

The princess lives in a big expensive castle while her subjects live in shacks. Ah good old monarchy!

Man you'd think theyd give them at least a little color. I'd take a brighter shade of green at least!

Well her big expensive castle is pretty much in ruins. The outdoors is a mess and I had to climb a fucking ladder to get to the throne room. She's barely richer than they are at this point.

Can't. Paints come from soil, sands and resins. Hard to get those in any other colour than grey in this timeline.

JaRorrNm.jpg

Why are you all looking at a painting?

We have THINGS to do, people!

Expand  

Hey even in the apocalypse, you gotta have time for the finer arts. 

Its honestly a really good painting by assume Zumi. 

Too bad Nymiera apparently didnt pray hard enough. Or maybe she just prayed to the wrong mon god?

dsvZdAgm.jpg

I'm also not a cunt.

That's another difference we have, cunt.

Expand  

Hey now! 

It was the thought that counts, its not like Nancy knew Sean was immortal. . .right?

She must have!

Her and Crescent are the only ones that know me from before my Trainer Card registration.

IK5rrlCm.jpg

Expand  

Honestly the weird part about all this is that they had Melia at some point, then gave her to jenner. Should have just kept her if they were just gonna kidnap her later. Maybe there's a "good" reason they did so.

Also her mom's probably dead. Willing to bet money on that.

Madame X didn't want to change any diapers so she shipped her off.

There was something about she wasn't useful yet. So...Melia has to ripen or something for their plans to work?

Dead, or in a magic rock?

Because the latter happened for a reason and that reason might be resurrection.

*Sigh*

Unfortunately, that's a good point.

That's be nice but sadly, I'm Buu Saga Piccolo.

Constantly yelling at blonde children.

You really are, it's honestly kind of hilarious. 

Especially considering what happens with Melia in a few chapters. 

It's some kind of Giga Garufan bargain sale!

Yeah the whole server crash thing is a worry.

It's why I always preferred the anime putting all the Pokemon on a reserve. Much more palpable than being stored as data.

Yeah that works, Oak's lab is pretty cool. Also on that note, apparently they're about to retire Ash after 25 years. I was genuinely shocked. 

How will Pokemon survive the loss of Ash?

Easily, sadly. All the money is in merchandise.

I will probably still be teary-eyed at his last scene though.

It turned out better than I thought. But I did draw the eyes. I just copied how they looked in the portraits.

I was always better at looking and copying an image than actually being good at drawing.

Oh yeah. And the cape would have to go. I have no idea how to draw the physics on that thing.

That works. 

Clearly your hidden ability is Copycat. 

Madame X probably looks better without the cape, anyways. Few can pull one off without looking silly.

Copycat...isn't an ability?

Well of course she does. She's in a skin-tight catsuit!

She can't die! Who will be Ren's girlfriend if not her?

Why it's Aelita obviously! You're just Ren's wingman!

If he dares, I'll fuck his sister.

Hell I'll MARRY his sister and come to every single family get together just to spite him.

It'll be like "Today Damien taught us that Fire types are strong against Grass types!" while I'm screaming "WHY THE FUCK IS HE TEACHING YOU THAT SHIT NOW!?!? I'M LITERALLY FIGHTING A GIANT FUCKING WHALE WITH LINK FROM LEGEND OF ZELDA!"

I THINK I don't use it in Part 4.

I THINK.

Man Damien must think the kids REALLY suck at Pokemon. Even Venam at the very least knows the type chart. 

That means Part 4 Sean absolutely did not equip it then! 

It's made worse because that's actually something he makes them do. He pits them against each other using rental Monotype teams. As if that'd ever be fucking useful.

I'm still in awe of the one time he just decided to grab the Heat Stone before Cera did. Surprised the hell out of me.

And it's not as bad as the singing in the Switch Gamefreak games either.

God were those stupid ideas.

Gotta save up those actions for the right moment I guess. 

Honestly I think GameFreak is doing this deliberately now, like one of the new Gym leaders is a rapper. With no sound its all so awkward. 

They're afraid people will panic if they start hearing noises that aren't Pikachu's voice actress.

The only known voice actor in all Pokemon games.

The battles I actually prepare for usually go much better for me (if the cards aren't stacked too far against me, field-wise).

Zira died because I was trying to get through the Grunts as fast as possible and that's on me.

I'm definitely guilty of that. Trying Desolation again, I beat that Aipom with no losses but ran into a double battle without healing first. Not my finest moment.

I never got past that damn thing.

Even when I went back with a Rockruff in managed to get 3 critical hits so I threw in the towel out of frustration.

I could nearly have a full box of all the Fighting types that have died on me in this run.

And yet my bugs just keep on fucking thriving...

Clearly Crawli was right about what he said at the end of his Gym battle. 

Poor poor Bluster and Coffee. . . 

They're only thriving because I never use 'em!

Only one that gets action is Carnage because he's a fucking Fighting type!

They never got their Mega Evolutions...Carnage will have to carry their torch forward.

But unlike Caesar she was nuts in her own special way. Also a ballerina for some reason.

Hmmm...nibbling on her neck WOULD make Venam mad though...

But if I keep going down this train of thought, the game will end up with Melia and I dying of old age together while Venam seethes in an old folks home.

Hey she earned that degree with blood and sweat. . . . though not necessarily her own blood. . .

At this rate, Venam is gonna break out of her statue from sheer anger. What a good friend you are!

What I really want to know is where she got a human bodysuit to perform well enough to graduate. But we'll never know now...

Hahaha actually I think I'd prefer if she never did but the whole MeliaXSean romance still happens so we put her statue in the living room of the home Melia and I raise her kids in.

And every night, you see a single tear fall from the statue.

Yeah, I'd hate for them all to die for nothing by trying to oppose me.

They should just shake their heads and go "Oh, Sean!" when I start tightening my iron fist around the region.

Most likely but I'll never know.

And I don't know if it makes it better or worse if it has it.

Give them good positions in your knew dictatorship and they could be happy. 

Poor Zira was doomed the second that Aggron came out.

Unlikely. The positions they'd get would be ones they'd probably be going into anyway. Like Aelita becoming Leader of Sheridan or Melia finally opening her fucking gym.

And it's going to be a MOSTLY benevolent dictatorship anyway so they shouldn't complain too much.

Aside from the laws I specifically make to annoy them. 

Nah, the run would end at Blacksteeple due to the writer giving up due to not realising how much effort would be needed to complete this.

It'd go something like Madame X stabbing them instead of Nancy and they say some trite shit about telling their friends to go on without them.

As their eyes start to darken their last words are "At least...they'll be safe..."

And the last panel is pure black.

Which then ALSO leaves it up to being continued if the writer feels like it.

Expand  

Now THAT is an evil cliffhanger. 

It'd be wild if that was the moment you found out the MC was immortal in the actual game. Only slightly less traumatic than what actually happens!

Yeah she's just doing her whole "hoisting the dead body above her head" thing and suddenly it kicks her in the face.

Would be way cooler than taking a fucking lava bath.

Google what Inspector Gadget's weaknesses are right now.

His only weakness is that he's an idiot.

Goddammit.

Unfortunately, Madame X is an asshole but not an idiot for the most part.

The most part being relevant to this specific chapter, yes?

Alas, common sense is the rarest Pokemon of all...

I imagine her weird armor would protect her from any blows we'd land but it'd still be satisfying to bash her head in with a 2x4 even if it was mostly ineffective.

Yeah I'd doubt it would be that easy. But hell its worth a shot. 

Definitely great stress relief too like a punching bag.

I'd find it incredibly funny if we completely overwhelm her with our makeshift weapons. Like she can't deal with it at all.

Because realistically, who's she ever actually fought with her sword that wasn't at a major disadvantage from not having a weapon themselves? Grunts, Nancy, Alexandra's Mother. All unarmed.

Twas I, Dex! Twas the Derogatory Trainer who wrote the insult at himself! What a twist it is!

Yeah. She's bitchy enough towards Amber that I'm starting to think she's secretly Evil Veronica.

Hey your masochism is your own business.

She can't be Evil Veronica because she's not awkwardly flirting with Melia enough. 

I did it for COMEDY not masochism!

I dunno...have you heard her talk about Melia sometimes? It sounds pretty obsessive to me.

They won't do shit.

I'll kick their ass even at 70 consarnit!

They'll hide your pills and steal your cane grandpa.

They were only holding me back!

Like that weird metal armour Mewtwo had!

It was one of the better ones in this game.

A gimmick I have with his character is that getting hit by or using Dark type moves like Sucker Punch and Nasty Plot make him a lot less zen and peaceful.

I reckon by Part 4 Zaius will snap, with the next time he uses Nasty Plot turning him into a cackling Supervillain. 

I could see it happening...

But what I don't want to see is what happens if I use Nasty Plot twice.

Nope! I've got something much better planned...

I'm not going to use it at all!

Derogatory Trainer: Pokemon Genius. 

I am in awe.

And as a Genius I don't remember what this was even referring to.

Whoops?

It was self-defense and I maintain that until I speak to my lawyer.

And if he disagrees I will assault him too.

In self-defense.

You can't just assault everyone, you'll run out of people some time.

That's the POINT.

I tried doing another one and I'm still alive due to the starter I got.

Slaking unhampered by Truant is a goddamn BEAST.

Clearly there's a pattern here with your nuzlockes.

Yeah there's a reason the big strat of the final boss of Pokemon Colosseum is getting rid of Truant.

Maybe it was the ol' Derogatory Luck since I was actually playing as myself and not three randos?

Never played them I'm afraid. Only ever had a Wii and nothing good Pokemon-Wise came out on that.

YinYang9705:

Spoiler

On 1/12/2023 at 4:31 AM, YinYang9705 said:

oh hey sean I thought you died

This happens literally every year though! I always take a break after Christmas!

I just started a little earlier this year!

>>>time diamond

what was the fucking adamant orb too mainstream for this game

Yes.

Unironically.

Just wait until you find out about the fucking Mystery Dungeon on the next island.

>pokemon recreation machine

rejuvenation has less foresight put into it then rwby

I wonder if they got rid of this in V13.

I'd assume so. That versions seems to do away with a lot of complaints I've had.

Lucky me and my content, that we're still playing the heavily flawed version, huh?

what ever happened to ash and the gang getting lost in endless forests

it just sorta stopped happening as the anime went on

when was the last time they were even in a forest

It felt like a really big thing during the Johto and Sinnoh seasons. Felt like they were always fucking walking to the next location. They really should have spent more time in the cities.

I don't know...X&Y, maybe?

Like Alola didn't really have forests and Pokemon Journeys felt more like they were fast-travelling all around the world most of the time.

Z:

Spoiler

On 1/25/2023 at 9:49 PM, Z.. said:
On 1/25/2023 at 9:49 PM, Z.. said:

Like holy shit, I did not expect a half a month stay in a cell with you when this finale arc started.

We really need some time apart after this.

Its all apart of Melia master plan to get you to starting liking her so she can steal credit without you complaining or possibly going on a rampage.

The day I stop complaining about stolen valor is the day I die.

Who at this point, I believe were actually aliens from another world but it turns out WE were the aliens all along and Earth originally belonged to them?

Honestly this theory is not too farfetched,  especially cause of what v13 revealed 

OH GOD I WAS KIDDING

GPrRzOpm.jpg

Expand  

Yeah that just about confirms the theory of her being someone from the sean gang

HUEY NO!

wzbRXiem.jpg

Expand  

Why is Zolt facing a wall?

He's looking at the security cameras.

He was never really close to Zira so he doesn't really care that she's dead.

Hakimblue99:

Spoiler

On 1/26/2023 at 9:01 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

Terminally online people making fools out of themselves is one thing, but when they think they're smart and be a condescending ass is another thing. Like claiming all art is political, and says we're stupid for enjoying a simple art. And even unironically equating Thomas with slavery.

In 2023. 

Ohoho, but it gets even better. This..."genius" went even further, and claim that trains are political! I'm guessing the joy I get whenever I see a train passing through is political?!?! God, these politically obssesed people. God, I legitimitely hate "Death of the Author" . God, I'm not even 50 and my blood is already rising high. 

Then again, I was arguing with someone online. I kinda brought that to myself. 

Oh god someone got him started on that idiot claiming Thomas the Tank engine is political.

We'll be here for hours now!

Death of the Author is basically fanfiction writers wanting their nonsense to be canon.

Can't conquer death though.

The most rich and powerful man in the world can still be killed by slipping in the shower.

Pfft. Then just be immortal. Problem solved!

On a serious note, but in my opinion, if (weirdo) billionares think they found a way to be immortal, I'm pretty sure they would do whatever they can to achieve this supposed key to immortality. Even if they have to kill a bunch of children or something.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there are some villains in fiction who have this kind of motive. Can't really recall who...

But they can still die from a banana peel, so in the end, it's worthless.

"Even if they have to kill a bunch of children" he says. I don't think the people we're talking about would even balk at doing such a thing.

On to the chapter:

I know I said this multiple times but I despise this arc. Because of Turd and Stain. Because this arc happens because some brain dead gijinkas wanting to teach a lesson. That's it. That's 98% of this arc. 

A lesson that's meaningless.

Even superheroes who try to save everyone( because they're, well, superheroes) care waaay more about their loved ones than some frigging rando they meet for the literal first time.

And I still don't like their names. I know using Latin names is cliche, but that would be a better alternative than "Timpea and Spacea". Or better yet, I suggest some names from my language.

Don't worry, I choose good names this time. Like Waktu and Dimensi

...That's all I can think of. I could go for "Angkasa" but that refers to Space, as in the space with stars and planets and everything.

Heh. Turd and Stain. That's good stuff.

They've got a weirdly cold logical sense to them. I'm betting they're just advanced robots instead of actual gods now.

Okay, Dimensi is literally the same kind of shit Timpea and Spacea are. You literally just took out the last two letters!

Remember when you were supposed to find out about Aelita's past? Instead, this arc decides to waste it time on a boring ass timeline. Thankfully though, Aelita's past did get revealed in the end.

Oh sorry. Did I say Thankfully? I meant Shockingly.

Because WHAT THE HECK is that backstory?!!! Like...damn. Sheesh. If there's one thing I'm looking forward from this arc, it's your reaction to Aelita's..."birth".

Thing is, I don't know why she'd want to get rid of that power.

You get free lives and the only downside is you get turned into a six year old with no memories of it when you die.

Way better than just dying.

....Either v13 rewrote Madame X's dialogue, or my brain just shut out the fact that a TERRORIST is giving advice on how to sacrifice people. Terrorist, people who are usually well known to kill people and claim it's a "necessary sacrifice" for the "greater good".

It's like an animal abuser  giving advice to euthenise a dying pet. It's the correct advice in this situation,  but from the worst person possible.

It's very funny though.

V13 probably did rewrite it. That version seems designed to get rid of a lot of my nitpicks.

Then again, what do I know about time travel plots? 

Then again, when does time travel ever makes sense?

I've never heard of that being a thing. Touching your past self, sure. But alternate selves?

I think the plot point of the universes collapsing because of them being their in the first place is what you meant.

I was hoping that Madame X was secretly hungry all the time, but pretend otherwise to keep her edgy look. Because that means she's suffering. And I love seeing enemies suffering, mwahaha....

That would explain her failings this chapter. She's really low on blood sugar.

I mean, really? She fell for a fucking trapdoor in her own castle? Sad.

The closest thing we get to dynamic Pokemon battles is Pokken, maybe? I think? But God, Pokken looks so cool...I wish I could get one. And this is coming from someone who don't really give a damn about fighting games.

Pokken should have had EVERY Pokemon in it painstakingly designed and balanced if it wanted me to care about it.

I'd even just take final evolutions. I'm not greedy.

I on the other hand don't understand what makes Dracula scary, especially in the modern age? So it can suck your blood, so? It lightphobic, just blast light into his eyes. If it can blind humans, it sure as heck can blind wimpy draculas who could only drink blood. What a loser. I'm more afraid of Raja Bersiong, a character in my local folklore.

Unlike Dracula, Raja Bersiong drinks blood because...it's tasty. That's...pretty much it. And he's not afraid of light, especially since my country is on the Earth's Equator. Sure, Bersiong doesn't have any mystical powers...But he's a king of a kingdom with loads of soldiers behind him. If he wants blood, he just order his soldiers to kill people. Problem solved! Also, his story originated much earlier than Dracula, so he's not a ripoff of Dracula. 

Points for originality!

Dracula has a lot of powers that make him hard to defeat. Especially for peasants. And he's only weak to sunlight itself.

Not actual light.

The original wasn't even burned by sunlight either. Most of his powers just stopped working.

Seems to me like Raja Bersiong is a lot weaker than Dracula. And went mad for blood resulting in his people killing him.

Not exactly an impressive resume.

I'm surprised that, according to Time Master Eon, you can't just cut someone's finger and use it to bypass security? Dang, there goes my future criminal plans...

I assure you, I'm totally joking.

Yep. Apparently they need bioelectricity to work.

Sure you are.

Hmm...that girl in the painting seems to be black. 

Even better~

...I think I may have a certain fetish...

Is she?

She looks tanned to me.

Definitely not as black as the actual Nymiera.

Being as irritating and ridiculous as possible REALLY takes them out of their comfort zone.

I wish there were more heroes who do stuff like these. The enemies are being try hard edgelords, yet the hero keeps going "LOL, XOXOXO"

I will throw a pie in her face by the end of this. I swear to you.

I hope she isn't Gijinka Regigigas. Because Regigigas sucks...

...Unless Jan plans to give that thing a Mega or something?

Just remove Slow Start and it's destroying anything it comes up against. Doesn't need a Mega at all.

My thoughts about gen 9:

I have read all of them. 

Can't really see a reason to reply to any of them though. They're your valid opinions after all.

Vmeemes:

Spoiler
On 1/29/2023 at 4:17 AM, VMeemes said:

I never knew that was a legitimate trope. Touching past selves=destroyed sure but never an alternate selves version of that.

My best explanation for this is because this is still an alternate timeline, just a destroyed version of it. So in a bizarre leap of logic princess!Melia is the future version of base Melia, who only exists because of a time gear necklace.

It also really depends on what one considers an alternate universe. Do alternate timelines count as that despite the fact that it's merely a branching path from your own home timeline? Or does this hypothetical person only count 'true' alternate universes, such as what Spiderverse does? Going by what rejuvenation goes with, alternate timeline ≠ alternate universe. Maybe. This is the only arc that really touches upon this concept so hard to say how it will look in future episodes.

I've never heard of it being a thing. The one you mentioned, yes. But alternate selves dying if they touch eachother I've never heard of.

Usually it's just the mere presence of two alternate versions destabilising the universe or something.

Ehhh...it's more like the Princess is the alternate version of Maria (who Melia likely is) instead.

I think alternate timelines do count. Timelines and universes are basically the same thing when you think about it.

They both only variate if something changes within them.