[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

In regards to aGoodCabinet, Ame stated that the percentage isn't going up because she's still working on the same part of the game. From the last post given, it appears to be an underwater city. Hence why people are talking about ravenous Makiarp and Luvdisc.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuro, even if we did pay you the kind of quality to strive for isn't rushed, shame not enough folk understand that...

Regarding the upcoming episode though I do wonder about if we will be using the move Dive at any point and if so will the lost logic of how the MC breathes underwater when their pokemon dives ever come to light?

Will the list of field effects be complete with the new episode? I remember there being a limited number of "slots" in the library that has each field with all the rules, but that can always be expanded, and I'm not even sure if the new ones will occupy the rest.

• Global Mods

Will the list of field effects be complete with the new episode? I remember there being a limited number of "slots" in the library that has each field with all the rules, but that can always be expanded, and I'm not even sure if the new ones will occupy the rest.

Ame said the field effects added in E16 will be the last ones added in the game.

Ame said the field effects added in E16 will be the last ones added in the game.

Last ones?

So that means the fields for the E4 have been confirmed.....

So looking at the flower field, it's probably Laura's?

The Holy field is probably El's?

And Heather will.....idk......

......Mountain????

What about like Anna or Arclight, what are their fields, hmmmm....

Anna could use Rainbow maybe. Arc Light, it would be cool to see the electric field used more than once the entire game. Maybe Bennett will be E4 with a new field, but he seems adept and using whatever field there is, such as the dark cave and mirror fields. It does show he's good at adapting to any situation.

Last ones?

So that means the fields for the E4 have been confirmed.....

So looking at the flower field, it's probably Laura's?

The Holy field is probably El's?

And Heather will.....idk......

......Mountain????

What about like Anna or Arclight, what are their fields, hmmmm....

Hold your Rapidashs bro, Ame hasn't even reveled all the fields yet. I believe she's reveling them at every 10% interval of episode 16's progress completion, so there should still be 3 left to go... I think, I don't know if there's gonna be one at 100% or not. Anyways, even once they're all revealed, we probably won't even see some of them in game for a while.

Hold your Rapidashs bro, Ame hasn't even reveled all the fields yet. I believe she's reveling them at every 10% interval of episode 16's progress completion, so there should still be 3 left to go... I think, I don't know if there's gonna be one at 100% or not. Anyways, even once they're all revealed, we probably won't even see some of them in game for a while.

That's assuming they're all being revealed this episode. ;)

I honestly need these fields to be as online battle areas. It'd create such a cool meta to have separate fields you start on at the beginning of the match. So many strats and team set ups! It should honestly have its only site like showdown to use them lol

I honestly need these fields to be as online battle areas. It'd create such a cool meta to have separate fields you start on at the beginning of the match. So many strats and team set ups! It should honestly have its only site like showdown to use them lol

Woo Reborn Tier!

As if putting the fields into a game wasn't hard enough, putting them into Showdown? Yeesh...

It isn't really that easy to discuss something like this. You see, the problem is that you can't totally make sure that a problem like that won't be coming back again in e16, but who knows?

How long has it been 71%?

i am not sure

How long are you gonna keep asking about stuff related to episode 16's release?

In all seriousness you asking how long will it take for episode 16 to come out or how long has the status thread been at x amount of % is not going to speed up the process, it is just plain annoying m8 would you mind just being paitent like the rest of us?

Well, this time it looked more like a purely informative question than a complaint. And the answer can be interesting. I think Ame said she wouldn't update the percentage before she finished a sidequest map (the underwater one we saw I guess), right ? So if the percentage hasn't been updated for a while, we can assume that the map is big with a ton of things to do, or that the development has been slowed in with case they would have probably already told us.

So, what do you think will be on this new map ?

How long has it been 71%?

It's been 71% for a while because the area Ame's been working on is almost done, but I doubt she's had time to work on this game. Though it has moved to 71.8% rather recently. Let me tell you a story: there was this thing for the hardcore mod where I'd put in a gym leader rematch type deal and I did put quite a bit of effort. A few people kept bugging me and I just said forget it. It was only two people but that was more than enough. The whole thing was a draining process that wasn't worth being bugged about. So I had 70% of a project done sitting there for like 4 or 5 months all because a few people were impatient.

Ame's spent a very long time creating the current 15 episodes of Reborn which very few people spend that long on a single game other than a few game companies. Monolith Soft has even spent less time than Ame and it takes them 3 or even 4 years to release the next game. It can burn out even the most dedicated people. I could give numerous games to where it happens since people are pushed to finish fast. Since it is a free project, I'd even understand Ame completely halting or holding off of an episode for an entire year.

I guess my point is: shut up and be patient. Asking why something is slow down isn't going to help anyone or hurt it in the long run. All you can do is show support hoping Reborn E16 will come in the next 20 years.

Are you going to increase the price for Oran Berries Ame? Because it is really easy to abuse the milktank near the Nature Center on Route 1 to get a lot of moomoo milk. I got 99 bottles in a couple of minutes (i estimated 5 ish minutes) for a very "small" price. Doing that makes it very easy to heal for a cheap price and a bit of time.

I'm sorry if someone already mentioned this. i'm kinda new and i haven't seen anyone say this so far. Most likely, im the only sociopath that wants to get rid of something that will help me A LOT when playing.

Edited by H.P. Doom

Are you going to increase the price for Oran Berries Ame? Because it is really easy to abuse the milktank near the Nature Center on Route 1 to get a lot of moomoo milk. I got 99 bottles in a couple of minutes (i estimated 5 ish minutes) for a very "small" price. Doing that makes it very easy to heal for a cheap price and a bit of time.

I'm sorry if someone already mentioned this. i'm kinda new and i haven't seen anyone say this so far. Most likely, im the only sociopath that wants to get rid of something that will help me A LOT when playing.

I dunno if you're aware, but Ame has made a LOT of changes in previous editions to increase the difficulty of the game (and quite a few to make it easier), depending on the difficulty curve.

For example, at one point you could acquire Magikarp very early in the game. Which meant that right around the second Gym you could have Gyarados, and he would rampage across most of the game like the dragon he is. Unless you already had one from those editions long ago, Magikarp is no longer accessible as of Episode 15 (and in fact requires a game-long sidequest to unlock in the future).

At the same time, several Gym Leaders have been toned down for presenting TOO much of a challenge for their place in the story (you think Charlotte is hard now? Apparently she was MUCH worse). So balance is always a factor that Ame's looking at.

As for grabbing MooMoo Milk with Oran Berries, it's only slightly more powerful than Berry Ice Cream, and has been available for a while, so I don't think it's going to get nerfed anytime soon. You can already grind infinite cash given enough time thanks to the Grand Hall Trainers/Indra the Clown, so it's not that much of a limiting factor.

I understand that. i just felt getting an item that heals 100 health for like 200 or so dollars is a bit cheap and easy. Berry Ice cream costs 4x that amount and the costs can rack up quickly along with ultra potions costing a thousand more while only healing 20 points more. I just feel like MooMoo milk is too good of an item to be so easy to obtain. Its just my opinion and it may not be right. I just wanted to address a possible item that I felt was too easy to obtain and should be harder to get.