e19 appreciation thread

andracass

Been forever since I've done anything Reborn related. Started a new file for E19 and I gotta give it up. Revisiting this new early and mid game? Absolutely phenomenal. The story changes are welcome, and I'm surprised with how much new stuff that was fit in without changing the main course of the story. And the redone areas too? It honestly feels like I'm playing a brand new game, but no, it's just Reborn still. A new and well complete Reborn. Passwords are also a godsend too, these really are just the best. I've just made it to Agate so I'm sure I'll reach the E19 content within a week, can't wait for that.

Not a gripe and moreso a suggestion that I made in the original passwords dev post that I'm making again here, I'd like if there was a 0 EXP password in some capacity. I still think 0 EXP is one of the most interesting challenges in any capacity for most mons games, so i was a bit bummed to see my suggestion didn't make it in. However I noticed with the patch 19.04 a new password was added, so I thought maybe i'd make my suggestion again aha?

Beyond that, E19 has been a blast so far and i'm not even into the "E19" (Post E18) content yet. Great job Amethyst, Cass, Marcello and all the other devs who I'd list off if I had all your names

I remember I was at school, trying not to sleep during some boring macroeconomy class, when I saw a guy in front of me playing a pokemon game I didn't recongnize. I had stopped playing pokemon years ago, but it still bugged me, so I asked which game it was. I've been waiting Pokemon Reborn ever since, for eight years.

All along I advertised it any chance I got (I got half my classmates playing it during class at some point), even supported it on patreon when I still had a job. Because for me it simply was the best pokemon game ever. Far above official games. And maybe the best game I played even outside pokemon.  

That was before E19. Somehow, the final version managed to be way, way better than E18. I don't even know how to say how impressed I am. But all those years of waiting were definitely worth it.

And beyond the game itself, it's also what brought me back to pokemon, and gave me a big common interest with my 17-years-younger sister. She's too young (and bad at English) to play Reborn, but still yesterday we spent hours making new decks with the cars she got for her birthday. So thanks for that too

PS: I just did the Celebi quest. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who can't stand dolls getting hurt

• Global Mods

I started playing Reborn in December 2014, when it was at E14 (up to Terra's gym). I was ❗when I saw the summary, the screenshots, and how much content the game had. It had concepts I'd never seen used before in the official games or in other fangames, or even mentioned on fans' wishlists of their ideal Pokemon game, etc. 

2014 was when I first started playing ROM hacks and fangames, and before Reborn they were kind of just something I played to have fun and pass time for a few hours or days. But Reborn ended up amazing me so much that I stuck around actively keeping track of development updates and participating in the community. The Reborn community has been a major part of my life for 7 years so far and I can't even imagine what it'd be like if I never discovered it. 

It feels surreal that we're at the final episode now. I really loved everything about E19. The passwords are extremely helpful for people who have specific playstyles or just want to experience the game in a way they've never tried before. I was happy the type quiz could be immortalized in the game. Story-wise, it definitely feels like previous ep content got the proper polish and new content gave everyone the closure and payoff they deserved, and I thought postgame being like main game part 2 was a creative idea that was well-executed. The amount of time, work, and passion all of the dev team has put into this game is incredible and inspirational. Thank you all very much for Reborn, I wish the best for Chasing Selene's future projects (which I'll be here for) and for all of you personally! 💜

I guess that already has been a lot of thank you's, but I wanted to say that this is the best experience from a pokemon game I've ever had ( and there's still post-game to finish :D !!!! ) 

The 1st time I played this game was back in 2016 ( Ep16, if I'm not wrong ). I found out about Reborn while looking for new poke ROM hacks to play, and instead found this game, "Pokemon Reborn" that lead me to this site. I was dumbfounded. "There was a website about this game!? How come I never heard of this?!!!"

And so, after the download was complete, the journey started... And what a journey it was. The beggining blow me way. I was like:

-"WHAT IS THIS!!! A train crash!!! I almost died!!! Everything looked like it had seen better days!!! This is dark!!! (and it was dark, I was playing at night that day) What an amazing start!!!" The best start from any pokemon game, by far, in my opinion. 

And then my amazement kept going...

Never would thought that a game like this could ever exist. And for that a would like to Thank all of the dev team for making this come true. For all the time and work put in this project. I imagine it was a L O T of it.

It might sound a bit strange, but I need to thank everyone else who has also played this game ( before and after I started ). It made the game has big as it is today. And it was what probably made me found it in the first place. (Also why that it got has far has it did).

Finally, again, thank you all for making Reborn come to life. This will always have a special place in my heart. Wish the best for all of you! ( I'll still be here for more projects that come after, of course)  

Take care.👍 

I am late to the party but wanted to finish the game compeltly before posting. A big big thank you for this great game. I still remember how I first found this site many many years ago when I was searching for an Absol picture and found this one Pokémon Reborn Cover with "Pokemon Reborn" on it. I was so curious what this game is and fell completly in love with this game.
I still have the old version to remember the time when I first started and had major problems with Shelly on my very first playtrough. I loved how diffrent it was compare to the vanilla games and than I found Rejuvenation and more games as well. I love Rejuvenation and enjoyed a lot playing it but Reborn still had the bigger space in my heart even more cause of a lot of characters I fell in love with.

The improvements and changes to the early game and some characters are just brilliant and much more enjoyable than before. I was so hyped for the release of this final episode but oh man the wait was definetly worth it.

Spoiler

The tournament battlehouse was scary storywise and also a great way to test skills and including the last gym battle. The Victory road was a little tideous at times with a lot of puzzles (big thank you for the guide or else I would have gone crazy) but just nice with the story included as well as the spirits. The nightclub was more impressive than I ever imagined and I loved the legendary puzzles story as well as that other characters had a role in it. (Big thank you for saving my favorite character Taka and second favorite Cain as well.) My heart skipped a beat when he got saved in the Reshiram route. I also love that most characters got redeemed in an interesting and even more deserved way. The only thing I didnt like was the Necrozma puzzle and the relationship points only mattering for the nightclub teamup (I assume) and that I cant team up with all people (that are alive in the nightclub) cause I guess my relationship points arnt high enough for a few. I hope one day I will find a guide  to get enough points that I can battle with everyone together.

This game is a treassure and I am so glad an thankful you shared it with all of us.

This beautiful masterpiece of Reborn I've managed to finish last night, and I absolutely love it! It's really great and freaking amazing! I love it with all of my heart. Parts of me sincerely hope that the team might make a sort of continuation of this amazing game. Though that seems unlikely with them focusing on Starlight Divide and other Reborn-inspired games, but a guy can hope, right?

Thanks to Amethyst for developing this game, and thanks to the entire team on her side. It's tremendous work and incredible. It took its time sure, but it's an amazing masterpiece you've developed. Thank you again.

To those that haven't finished the story, get ready. You're gonna be floored by the story, gameplay and everything else that Reborn offers.

• Like 1

So, I have reached the end of the game, (the good end, it seems). This was a pretty wild ride, with challenging battles and arduous puzzles, along with a great story.

I only wish this postgame

Spoiler

had more of Gossip Gardevoir as one of the characters. I feel like she should have been with the others in the nightclub, have one of the short scenes, and especially in Agate City during the ending trip in the future, for (in my opinion) a more consistent conclusion regarding Radomus' and her story arc.

But that's just my personal opinion, and I have quite enjoyed playing through the game, from the beginning to the end. A big thanks to you, developers, for how much efforts and thoughs you put in this fanmade game.

Dear  Reborn Dev Team,

I am a long time lurker, been playing since ep13 but with no real interactions with the online community to be honest, despite seeing that it was, and still is very welcoming and positive.

I even made a forum account a few weeks ago in order to play the final episode and of course  in order to thank you guys. I have been playing video games for quite a while (for better or
worse) and although i love pokemon(playing since yellow as a kid till today)  i never expected a pokemon game to be one of the best games i have ever played. You have created a game

that is absolutely amazing in every aspect. For me one of the most extraordinary things  you managed to create , is  a story with a combination of world building and characters that kept me

and many other people  enjoying this game invested in it from the start to the end. A story that, in my case at least, affected me by making me think about some the heavy issues it dealt with

and succeed  in making me understand the feelings the characters had throughout it. And of course i love the exciting, thought-provoking and often infuriating combination of puzzles, be it in the form

of a certain forest or in the form of pokemon battles within all those field effects you have created. All these of course are accompanied with a stellar soundtrack which without it Reborn wouldn't be the same.

I have to say, i really appreciate the amount of work you have poured in this project. The sheer amount of content and its quality really shows that this is a labor of love. To sum up i love everything

in this game the story, the art, the music, the puzzles( not gonna lie i cheated in one or two tho),  the gameplay, the references , the humor.....did i leave anything out? Yep, the most important thing,

you the devs, i love you guys, thanks for being amazing and i wish you the best in your lives. May you find what you seek in these troubled times and even if you don't, well may you enjoy the journey.

Lots of love from Greece!

I'm so happy and grateful after waiting years (more than 5 for sure) for the game to be finished, and it is way better than I ever expected it to be.

Seeing this release has the same feeling as when I first entered Neo Reborn City, where it was so amazing to see the changes from before to now, and I haven't even actually reach any of the new content yet! But I know it will be great.

Thanks for everything!

I just wanted to thank you all for this amazing game and the efforts you put in for all those years.  I discovered Reborn in a time of my life where everything seemed desperate and empty. It gave me a motive to wake up and go on with my days, even if it meant spend hours grinding my teams and trying to beat the game. It felt good again to live and have a somewhat clear objective. And there is no word strong enough to thank you all for what you gave us with this game. In my humble opinion, your game is pixel perfect. And I know I am completely biased when I say that. And I don't care. I do not care. Reborn, Rejuv and Desolation are the games I plan to play until Gen 20 comes out. Knowing too well all of Game Freak efforts won't come close to what you gave us.

So, TL:DR : Thank you. 

I discovered Reborn about 6 years ago and I have to say that this game is amazing, Congrats on all the people who helped make this masterpiece. Of course during these 6 years the game got more episodes and more content, I still haven't played trough all of the last episode but what I saw I liked a lot. 

So I do hope that when the devs read all this coments they get a dumb grin on their face with the feeling of accomplishment

From someone who has keeping tabs on this game since 2015, i want to say you guys are doing something awesome! Never have i had so much hype and excitement over any game as i did to this one. Honestly, to me, its not just a game, but more: a masterpiece.

Everthing about it is incredible by itself: the music? amazing. The maps? beautiful. The puzzles? Nerve-wrecking (lol). But, to be very honest, the most incredible of all are none other but the CHARACTERS. This game is nothing without them as they feel so alive, so real... Ive read somewhere that this game were created based on a online gaming community, where the players, the gym leaders, the elite four and even the champion were real people. Because of that, Reborn feels to me like a Requiem for them and, if it is so, they pack a whole lot meaning. I was shocked with what happened to Heather's father; i have the exact same feelings Titania has....

In the end, the only thing i can say with absolute certainty is: Thank you. You'll not be forgotten; Pokémon Reborn will NEVER be forgotten.

I've been here for almost five years at this point (started in ep16). I can remember the first time I saw Reborn City -- the atmosphere was something I had never seen in a pokemon game at this point. By the end of ep16's content, I was ecstatic to see where this game would go but I wasn't sure how long it would take to reach the end. After finally entering the Nightclub for the first time, I can say that the wait was well worth it. I still have a ton of postgame content to do, but I feel the need to express my gratitude to the devs that have been working on this game throughout these years. The innovations that Reborn brought to the table are outstanding. Although Reborn may be wrapping up, it has already inspired many other wonderful games that will continue its legacy. Despite the giant spider that came out of fucking nowhere next to my foot as I'm writing this, I have enjoyed every moment playing and thinking about this game. Thank you all for all the good times, and good luck with any future endeavours!

What to say here, that has not been already said?

I waited until i finished postgame content to make this post, unsure of what would i even say here. in a way, i still don't know what to say. You can see in the community you've all built, and the already posted messages, what you've done is something outstanding.  This game is what brought me back to mons, back when ep15 was released (i don't even remember the year!), and thanks to it i have met lots of people, and made tons of friends.

I don't really have much more to say, to be honest. Just thank you for opening those doors for me, thank you for this excellent game you've made, thank you for all the effort you put into this.

can't wait to play whatever you make next (looks at starlight divide), Looking forward to it!

PS:

Spoiler

all hail the mighty porygon2, uberduck supremacy
http://pa1.narvii.com/6834/9661b014f985b65ec9b800ca5bb62d57f8167889_00.gif

Soo I just found out ep 19 finished...thank you. Just thank you for sticking with this, high points and low, never giving up on it like the fate of so many fanworks. Ame, marcello,  and everyone who worked on this game, even in the smallest of ways, you guys have made something to be proud of.  I know Reborn isn't a game for *everyone* but that's fine, those of us who do enjoy it and appreciate all the love and tears put over this past decade plus can't thank you enough for giving us this wonderful experience. 

Truly, thank you all.

Thank you to all those who worked so hard and brought this work to realization and life. I haven't been around for a long time joining just around when community beta for episode 17 entered into play and fell in love with this game

The community you guys have built is also super awesome both on forums and discord~ Thank you very much for so much fun

Pokemon Reborn was the first game that got me into thinking what makes a game good, which got me to learn about game design. Though I will never make a game myself, I can now shit on other peoples games better. Thank you Reborn ❤️.

Spoiler

Seriously though, it's been 5+ years since I was first introduced to this game and it still amazes me how much work and effort the team has put in. Reborn was one of the first games that made me look at different games with a new layer of appreciation, keeping up with the progress of the game's development has made me appreciate just how much effort it takes to make a game. Beyond excited to play the final release, I hope the team are proud of their work and contributions to the pokemon fangame community. Hope you peeps get some rest and wish you only the best for any future projects you take on. ❤️

Haven't played E19 yet but I'd like to appreciate the hecc of everyone who helped complete the game 🥳

Thanks for creating this community as well! I've been on these forums for 5 years and it's been a lot of fun~

I came to this community back when E15 was the most recent version. I didn't realize it, but joining this community would change my life - I am not even exaggerating. In one way or another, joining this community led me to, more or less, every other community I am part of right now. I a m truly grateful to have been a part of this amazing journey and community (even if I did have some...less pleasant moments). Thank you for this amazing game and thank you for this amazing community!

• Like 1