e19 appreciation thread

andracass

Lurker for a couple of years, new account for the beta. Figured I'd start off thanking the devs for their years of hard work before I start picking at bugs.

This game is a labor of love, and it shows in every aspect. The storyline, characters, music, and graphics are all incredible. And it speaks volumes that a gaming community is as loyal, patient, and supportive as this one (or maybe I just think that because I've only been lurking). The fans are a reflection of the product, and you don't see this often in commercial releases.

Thank you for creating this world for us. It is truly a pleasure.

• Like 1

I'm only done with Shelly in the new earlygame and just

Spoiler

wow this game is so much better in nearly every way. Fern, Cain and Victoria just feel so much more involved with the plot and the cast at large, AND the new introduction to Cal is great, he was already my favorite character but adopting a show don't tell approach for his backstory not only made the slap more impactful, but also made him a more dynamic character. I really hope in endgame we get to see another conversation between him and Sigmund after how far he's come, the line

"don't you specialize in helping children?"

"I'm not sure I'm not already speaking to one right now"

might just be my favorite bit of dialogue in the game.

Also whoever on the dev team decided to make Seviper and Snover available earlier, you're awesome.

3 minutes ago, Mr. SU said:

I'm only done with Shelly in the new earlygame and just

Hide contents

wow this game is so much better in nearly every way. Fern, Cain and Victoria just feel so much more involved with the plot and the cast at large, AND the new introduction to Cal is great, he was already my favorite character but adopting a show don't tell approach for his backstory not only made the slap more impactful, but also made him a more dynamic character. I really hope in endgame we get to see another conversation between him and Sigmund after how far he's come, the line

"don't you specialize in helping children?"

"I'm not sure I'm not already speaking to one right now"

might just be my favorite bit of dialogue in the game.

Also whoever on the dev team decided to make Seviper and Snover available earlier, you're awesome.

HOLD UP!

The prexisting story changed??????!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Dark Warrior said:

HOLD UP!

Guess that answers your previous question 🙃

45 minutes ago, Dark Warrior said:

I don't wanna be the one to ask this, but I'mma ask it:

You guys got any plans now that Reborn is complete?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dark Warrior said:

HOLD UP!

Yep! I highly recommend replaying through the earlygame, not only were there huge changes to a lot of earlygame areas like the slums, mosswater factory, malchous forest, rhodochrine forest and so on, several characters have very different introductions and little subtle changes to them that are all 100% for the better, especially Fern and Victoria.

1 hour ago, Mr. SU said:

Yep! I highly recommend replaying through the earlygame, not only were there huge changes to a lot of earlygame areas like the slums, mosswater factory, malchous forest, rhodochrine forest and so on, several characters have very different introductions and little subtle changes to them that are all 100% for the better, especially Fern and Victoria.

Well, time for a new save file!

I'd like to say thank you all for this pearl of a game, I've had no real trouble up to now playing from my "old" savefile, other than a puzzle I'm stuck in for which I'll probably ask for help, but the story, characters, locations, music... It's absolutely gorgeous to see and play through, challenging at times, and very satisfying to progress into. I'll most definitely make a second savefile after I'm done with the first one so I can roleplay as a different kind of character (and see the revised and corrected story), and that's saying a lot for a Pokémon game, where generally the "choice" is wether you'll aim at adding Salamence or Metagross to your team, for the endgame.

As such, let me say it again: thank you all for your hard work, and for this amazing piece of Art. 

I haven't ever really posted anything before here, but I've been following the game ever since Shofu did a let's play in 2013 and if I'm being honest Reborn is my favorite fan game. It's been a great ride and I'm hard-pressed to find a story and characters that I've cared about more in a Pokémon game. Thanks Ame and everyone else for doing such a grand project!

• Developers

hiiii

while I've had access to the game for longer than most I've still yet to actually really play the update. tehe~

either way. y'all are amazing (cass and ame especially mwah) and thanks for the opportunity to contribute to the game! even if I cause game breaking bugs from time to time. smile.

<333

haru

I played up to Hardy on the last release, but I've decided to start over and see the new early game instead of finishing the story form my first file.

I'm blown away. I liked the story before, enough to stay with it for 90 hours, but it could sometimes feel like stuff was just kind of happening. In e19, every story beat has so much more weight. We get to spend time with and learn more about each character before they have their big moments, and it makes the payoff SO much more satisfying. Everything feels a lot more natural. I especially like the changes to Corey's arc, it feels much more fleshed out. And again, I liked the story a lot before. But the effort that the team put into rethinking the early game really shows. It's like this project went from being a well written pokemon game to just a well written story, if that makes any sense.

And the new maps! They're gorgeous! Pokemon Reborn already felt like its own unique world in previous updates, but now... I don't even know how to describe it. Not to mention all of the small quality of life changes and minor UI improvements. The game feels so polished now. It's smooth as butter. Phenomenal work. The passion that went into this project really comes through. And I'm definitely going to check out Starlight Divide when I'm eventually finished with Reborn.

• Like 1

This is like playing a brand new game, well that or like a remake! I'm not very far yet, haven't even beaten the first gym as of this current moment.

Because I haven't been playing all the time. But this has been an experience! Things like the redesigns and even the little quality things are so fricking fun!

You all did a great job making this game!

I've only just been continuing off of my old save file, but the new content is TERRIFIC. I have loved every second of it, from the awesome character development and the incredibly difficult battles to the QoL additions and sprite edits (NPCs and PCs alike, every edit was superb.). And based off of what everyone's been saying, I have no doubt that starting a new run will be 100/10, too! I cannot WAIT to get started on a new save to check out changes to the old content. 
You guys are absolutely AMAZING. Be proud of what you've made, because this thing is a masterpiece. 

It's surreal to see Reborn in a complete state after having discovered the game nearly a decade ago, but it feels really good to have it here. From what I've played thus far (I restarted from the beginning, haven't played since e18)- the game just feels complete, the early game changes have felt really nice to play and I can't imagine going back to their pre e19 versions. Major kudos to the team for getting it out, and no matter how much we're enjoying it, I am certain the dev team feel better than anyone else to have e19 out there. It's been a wild ride.

To the dev team,

Thank you for your hard work for the past ten years. In 2012, I was a sophomore just hearing about this game for the first time. Ten years later, I'm a doctoral candidate and a huge fan of this work.

This game has been a huge part of my life. It's equal parts frustrating, challenging, rewarding, and heartbreaking at the same time. I'm so happy I got to live to see the completion of this magnum opus of a game. As I'm sure you guys know, these past few years hasn't been easy for anyone worldwide, with the world battling a pandemic and being on the brink of war.

Thank you for this. I do believe in a Higher Power, and may They bless you for your effort and the joy you brought to so many lives.

im only a little bit in but holy fuck everything is so beautiful!!!! im having so much feels too
and you managed to improve Cain?!?!? i believed it not possible
im so looking forward to exploring all the new possibilities and reworks and i will be crying thank you

Congratulation ! Sorry if my English is not good, I'm not native

Thank you for creating a truly enjoyable pokemon fan-game, with an interesting story, and lovable characters, with great character development. I started pokemon reborn in 2016, with ep 16 or 17, and I loved it ! I loved the field mechanic, it was the first time I played a pokemon fan-game that difficult :D.

Thank you, for all the hard work, succeding to release a video game, espescially a fan-game, is quite a miracle !

Have a good break !