e19 appreciation thread

andracass

Guess I will be the first one.
Ame, Cass and the whole team, congratulations on finally putting the game out. The hard work of the past 10 years have paid off. This game has set the standard for me as to what a good Pokemon game should have. And I am eternally thankful for the same. This game also gave me an awesome community.

THANK YOU FOR THE GAME! Now that that is taken care of, take a well deserved break now. (Cass is anyway gonna enforce this). Take care of yourself.

We all love you ❤️.

(I have a more in depth message of Felicity's google doc)
- Storm

• Like 5

Really appreciate the hard work of the team and am thrilled to have witnessed the completion of this game. Few fan games can match the brilliance of Reborn. I hope it will be translated into other languages, so more people can enjoy this masterpiece.

Ep 19 has been everything I wanted and more and genuinely exceeded my expectations. I still have to do a full replay of the game since beating the new content during the beta test but I'm very excited for it. I have a million other thoughts that I've went on and on about over the past few weeks- years (at this point) so ill just say this,, thank you. To Ame for committing to this endeavor and to all the devs that actually got this shit to work beautifully, reborn is truly one of a kind.

Well I've been a lurker for most of my time in this community, hell I've only verified my account yesterday, but since an opportunity like this doesn't come very often I'd like to say a few words. I'd like to thank the entire dev team for devoting so much time to this project, since I think this game is more than just a fangame, it's a masterpiece, and its legacy is and will be felt on future fangames. Even though I joined pretty late to the party so to speak (I only found out about the game in 2019), it's been an absolute blast to be in this community and I've made so many awsome memories here. The hype train and the ARG for V13 was excellent and the hype train for reborn and the events of yesterday were unforgettable.
All and all, I hope you all are doing well and go on a well deserved vacation. Know that everybody on this site appriceates your work over the years. Thank you guys for everything.

I wish you the best of luck for your futue projects.👍❤️

-Mark

Haven't really commented all that much in the past, but I can't understate my appreciation for this kind of project! A decade is no easy commitment and you've made a classic game that many will cherish for many years to come. Please, get some rest. I have no doubt e19 will surprise me and leave me with memories for years to come. Thank you, and best of luck in the future! :D - Blinci

Thank you Ame, wholeheartedly. This game has proved to be such an integral part of my life. The game itself has been such a ride and allowed me to meet and help so many amazing people. Reborn has proved to be so much more than a simple Pokémon game for me. I look forward to attempting all your future endeavours. Thank you again to not just you but the entire development team for making this masterpiece of a game!!!

Thank you so much! This game has taught me so much about pokemon battling, made me appreciate pokemon I'd never used before, and completely ruined gamefreak's canon pokemon games for me. Genuinely, it's just so much better that I can't go back to the original series; I just replay this game and rejuvenation over and over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, andracass said:

hey y'all

so you've had a chance to play e19 now, and i've seen lots of comments directed towards the devs about how much people are enjoying the game

but stuff flies by so fast on discord, and i'd hate for anyone's comments to get missed.

so here's a forum thread (those exist!) where all y'all can post whatever kind words you want to send our way.

we'll probably send some back come time for the release~

damn game is so goodd andd gayming, especially the tawrawr in labradora <3

As I've said in the "X% hype thread" before, I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put in to make what's still my favorite fangame, even if we have differences in opinion on certain aspects of it.  Kind of sad to see it all over, in a weird way.

I'm not really one for posting in these forums; usually I just comment on devblogs. However...

This is really the first time I've gotten to be part of a big game release like this that I really cared about, and the community has made it a lot of fun! Reborn deserves to go down in history as (one of?) the greatest Pokemon fangame--nay, Pokemon game period--ever created, and I mean that wholeheartedly. I assure you I'm not the type to hand out compliments willy-nilly. It's enough to make me forgive the devs for some of the more obnoxious puzzles in this game...

Thank you, Devs, for all your hard work! 

Hello Ame, Cass and the rest of the wonderful past and current devs, contributors, friends and people involved in this project.

Thank you for all of your hard work and outstanding effort in creating a game that countless people are able to enjoy. I've sunk thousands of hours into this game over the last near decade and I've had an absolute blast during every single second I've played it. Every single ounce of passion, every drop of blood, every bead of sweat, and every cried tear that you all have sacrificed to put forth this project is nothing short of sheer brilliance. All of that effort is visible in this wonderful game from the first time you play to the last battle. 

From the bottom of my hearts I want to tell each and every one of you, thank you for all that you've done for this game.

• Like 1

I'm very new here, I only found out about this project a few months ago, but I still want to say something because of how much I was impressed by the quality of what you've made. I went in completely blind and with no expectations thinking it was gonna be just a little fan-game and oh man, saying I was wrong is an understatement. It was a mind blowing experience that I will keep very fond memories of for a long time. So I must say thank you to all the devs and congratulations for reaching the milestone E19 is after all the time, care and effort you all put into it. Now, would you excuse me, but I have to go close myself into E19 for the next month, I can't wait to lose that tiny bit of sanity Titania hasn't taken from me the first time around.

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, Iza. said:

Just download so nothing to say about e19 but thank you for the hard work yall 

55 minutes ago, Blinci said:

Haven't really commented all that much in the past, but I can't understate my appreciation for this kind of project! A decade is no easy commitment and you've made a classic game that many will cherish for many years to come. Please, get some rest. I have no doubt e19 will surprise me and leave me with memories for years to come. Thank you, and best of luck in the future! :D - Blinci

1 hour ago, sagenion said:

Time to start a fresh new playthrough!!!

come back once you've had a chance to play it!!!

• Like 1

Thank yall for everything, you guys got me back into Pokemon, and kinda reinvigorated my social life lol. Most recently I actually decided to get into streaming pokemon games, and am glad I'll be able to share this game that has taken hundreds of hours of my life from me LMAO with others. No lifeing the game honestly got me through some really rough patches and ill forever be grateful <3

This game was mind blowing when I first played it in 2015, and still is now. It's been a pleasure and an honor to see this grow and finally get to it's end. Still have to start the new content but from the bottom of my heart I wanted to say thank you, you all made something incredible, these words may seem exaggerated for a simple game but to me this was truly a whole new experience. 

Love from Italy

• Like 1

Putting this here so it stays, and so the team sees it, and so I can let it all out.

So, I picked up Reborn on a whim after leaving Uranium's community in late-ish 2017, and this community has really, really helped me in many ways. Same with the game itself. I've become so much more outgoing by just talking with folk here, still pretty shy and a lurker but much better then before. And I mean this every part of myself, this game has helped shape a bit of who I am, and I'm proud of that. People have been listening, even a little, and that has meant the world. Nobody's been purposely demeaning towards me, I've helped answer questions here and there when online, and I've been learning so much by picking apart the game as I go.

All the work that this team has put into this game shows, and it's awesome. They don't shy away or stuff away the serious topics like suicide, depression, anxiety, sexual  orientation here, but rather this game has helped me and others embrace those thoughts and have some truly helpful and healthy discussions on them. For that, I'm super thankful. When something triggers a primal emotional response in me, be it joy or even hatred, to me that's a sign of great art at work. I'm invested, I feel like I'm there with the characters. I haven't had a game pull me in that deeply since Fable II or Night in the Woods.

And, the ART. Oh my word. This game is gorgeous! The new assets, the improved faces and character renders, I love 'em. The environments were already wicked, this new episode is the icing on the cake, holy crap.  It's super inspiring to me, too, as an aspiring (hobbyist) spriter. And, the fact that the team is willing to let folk like use our own sprites, too, fully accepting of re-sprites... that's gold. I've always liked making shinies and characters appealing to what I personally like, but I hate feeling like I'm just overriding someone else's hard work. This team lets us do that, and I don't feel ashamed to make a character replacer because of it. It's so cool to see artists willing to let spriters like us use our own stuff and edits alongside or instead of theirs, it makes the game have a lot more personal feeling.

And, finally, the community that's grown around here. December 30th, 2021, I lost my father to an infection. Just going on the Discord and chatting with whomever's there, no judgement... it's really, really, REALLY helped with the grief. I cannot thank the people I've just chatted with enough, it's been such a big big help during all this madness. And the fact that the devs and team even encourage this type of welcoming atmosphere,.. it's unreal. So I can't thank anyone enough.

This has been a wild, wild ride. I'm so thankful and appreciative of everyone involved, even if I've never spoken to them. It's spectacular to see this game and community, and to be a part of it. If I ever met any of you in the street, I'd ask for a hug. This game, this community, and this team have helped me with so much. I've been thinking for a long time on how to put this into words, but I honestly think a hug tells way more. Just, Thank You. From the bottom of my heart.

@Amethyst @Marcello @andracass All the devs having worked on this game, thank you guys very much. <3

It's been years with this game that we really enjoyed, loved (and hated. our relationship is intricate)

I started in 2015 with ep.14 and loved each phase of this. About 15 years after playing Gold Version i was back again hooked with my Pokeballs xD

Looking forward to see rejuv and even more deso

Thank you for all the work done for Reborn and for the final release. <3