e19 appreciation thread

andracass

I've barely restarted, and I already love the changes to the early game. I'll return once I have more to say, but to all the dev's & Ame, thank you for creating a challenging, story driven pokemon game. When I was younger I'd always wanted to play a pokemon game with more depth to the story and characters, and that was actually hard. It felt like that idea had a lot of potential. You've unleashed that. Congratulations on 10 years of hard work, every bit appreciation sent your way is well deserved. Now back to playing E19 for me!

Hello everyone, i'm here to wish u all a happy easter and a super happy start of e19 community release, i'm playing this game since E10 and god if i'm ultra hyped, thanks especially to developers for this work of art

You worked for endless hours out of pure passion just so people who really like Pokemon could enjoy a great story with great characters (at least I assume so because I was waiting until the final version to release to play the game for the first time since I thought about playing it around a year ago but then learned that v19 was coming soon), and proven what wonders could be done with such willpower. You inspired the creation of Rejuvenation and Desolation, both of which are amazing in their own right, and they along with Reborn have inspired me to work on a story for my own fangame. Thank you for your efforts and your creative influence, and I hope you find as much happiness in whatever future projects you all have in mind as you did with Reborn.

I'm gonna pull a pro gamer move and repeat everyone else.
I've loved the game and have been following it for a while so it feels really fulfilling to see it 'finished'.
Still can't think of anything original to say but thank you everyone who has worked on it over the years for helping create such an amazing game!
Side note: I'm non-binary so seeing non-binary characters in a pokemon game is essentially two major parts of my entire personality put into a single moment. I love it.

Edited by Conchobhar
typo :>

I love this game and how smooth this new engine is and all the new QoL stuff too, it's genuinely beautiful. Love all the effort put in!!

E19 starting strong with these reveals too, Im already engaged and holy fuck these fights aren't messing around!

And now, to try to put my love into words. 

Thank you so, so much for all the work you've put into this game. No way can anybody pay you back for all the blood, sweat, and tears you put into Reborn over the past decade, but I WILL do my best to pay it forward by being as kind as I can. ^_^

Ame, thanks so much for responding to my comments on your tweets, replying to my asks on your Tumblr, and just taking time to be very cool in general. I'm sorry I don't have the resources to support you on Patreon, but again, I'll do my best to pay your wisdom and kindness forward.

Cass, thanks SO MUCH for keeping us all updated with your devblogs, for making us laugh with you at memes, and for putting in a fuckton of effort into the code so that as many people as possible could play this game even on lower-end PC's.

If the slowness on version 18.1 made me wince, how much more were YOU wincing when you saw all that laggy, messy code and spent years cleaning it all up?

Thanks for your work, for managing the Reborn Twitter account, and for being a good partner for Ame. ^_^

I'm sorry if I came off as presumptuous on that one forum interaction we had.

I'll be better!

To all the dev team (past and present): Thank you for your work, your artistry, your writing, your coding, and your support to Ame and Cass. If I could hug every one of you, I would.

May you all live long and propser! Here's to a successful community release! 

May public release be just as fruitful! 

Here's to Starlight Divide and to all games you create in the future! 

Thank you all for making this awesome game! ily! good luck on your future projects!!!

I haven't gotten very far yet but want to give special thanks to whoever made that "which pokemon type are you" quiz because it guessed my favourite type (rock)!!

It’s only been about two years since I joined reborn and only a year since I joined the community but I wanted to say thank you for making a great game and a great community. Thank you ame, cass, and the rest of the reborn gang for being cool people.

- Willow (Arc)

Short version: I, Pokemon noob, love the game, everything about it. It made me passionate about something like never before. Can't wait to finish E19. Thanks.

Long version: I found out about Reborn in kinda of a funny way. I saw my brother playing the miming minigame, and thought, "Huh, that looks neat." So asked him, he told me the name, and I downloaded it that evening. Before this, the most experience I had with Pokemon was playing Firered and Emerald, never reach the third badge on either. And somehow, I got my footing.
260+ hours later.
I was enamored with the dystopian look of Reborn city, which made the nature areas all the more special. The gameplay, it was challenging, boss fights felt like puzzles, and the actual puzzles were fun. (beside magic square) The story early on was dark and oppressive, yet, I felt like there was always a tiny glimmer of hope, just waiting to shine. The later parts were always tense, like anything could happen.
But most of all, I love the characters, most of them I am highly invested in them, and even the ones I don't care for much still peak my interest a little.
And I was introduced to not only other great games, but the community. The lovely community, where I met lots of kind, friendly people.
I was even inspired to share my passion of Reborn by setting up a tabletop RPG, with my friends. Nothing in my recent memory has inspired me to do anything like this.

I am only just reached Labrador City, and yet, I feel like what awaits me will meet my expectation, and much more. Thank you, everyone.

So this is my first post on this site even though I've had an account since 2014 but I'm really happy for you all that this project is finally done! Yes some bug fixes will have to happen I'm sure but that's small compared to the journey that got us all here.  This has to be one of my favorite if not my favorite Pokémon games of all time with both it's aesthetic and not to mention the characters in the game who bleed personality. I can't wait to get through to EP 19 and I seriously can't wait for Ame and the other devs to get back into Starlight Divide (after a well deserved long vacation of course)! That was a bop and I'm stoked for future things to come.

So first off I want to congratulate Ame and the dev team for finally getting this long project finished! I would have to say that when I started to play this game during Ep 15, I didn't think I would enjoy it but now Reborn is one of my fav fangames to play and only seeing the changes to early game up to the second gym is already amazing in both story, characters and the new designs of older areas. And even tho I don't talk in the discord server much for awhile the community here is still one of the fun ones I see when people are having discussions there. All in All I just want to say congrats on finishing this game and I hope you guys will have a bright future ahead!

First post for me as well, total lurker for a long time here, just made an account to download e19. I found out about Reborn in 2020, spent many hours on it and loved it (even tho I never completed e18... this game is massive!).

I feel the need to thank the devs for the hard work, I'm downloading right now and am excited to start a fresh run, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. Congrats for completing this game!

I didn't think I'd actually see the day where this game is being finished. I've seen the "Reborn Server" in the server registry of Pokemon Online all the time when I was active there during 2011 and 2012 and I never even joined once! If only I had known more about it, I would have stopped by and maybe lurked around. But oh well, I found out about the game about 3 years later in 2014 when E14 was current and I finally registered here in 2016 when the E16 community release came out.

What is inconceivable to me is that you, Ame (along with others), have actually kept up an entire 10 years developing this game and not given up somewhere along the way. Not only is having to be creative all the time stressful and draining but putting out a game with so much content for free, over a time spanning so many years, is something that is worth more than the game itself. I can imagine that the majority of this time was probably hell for you, despite you loving what you created. It is that what I admire the most and it is probably that what sets Reborn apart from pretty much all other Pokemon games - you have created a game, made with all the love and care you could offer.

The game itself is good too. But this isn't just about the game. You made life a little bit better for everyone involved. This is what art should be.

Everyone has said a lot obviously but I still just want to share how happy I am for you guys to have completed this!! It's an amazing game, and honestly what got me into competitive in the mainline series. I wish all of you devs well on your future projects, and thank you so much for creating this absolute masterpiece <3<3<3

Edited by LeafyRowlet

I've not been much of a fan of, well, due to my age. Nothing against fangames, more of a lack of interest/availability until roughly a couple of years ago. Reborn was among the games I fell in love with, so much so that I've actually created some interesting personalities piggy backing off of reactions to how the characters interact and how I think my character would do so. I can't really say for certain if this gets read or even noticed at all, but I wanted to say thank you. You helped me unlock a lot of creative freedom I had lost growing up as a result of my Mom having a stroke. I can confidently say that, if I hadn't stumbled into Reborn or Rejuvenation (Reborn in this context, but that led me to Rejuvenation, so it counts to me!), I don't think I'd in as good of a mental state as I am now, despite the many shortcomings I've had since that day.

You won't get the reference at all, since it came from the gift you gave me, but I can say for certain that my Stardom Characters are glad you took this journey. I hope for your success, wherever life leads you, and I hope, though know it may not be the case, that this message at the very least can be looked upon as a shining light for your life as this game was for mine.

Just finished the mains story and i have to say I’m at a loss of words. Being from Portugal, there are not many friends who play Pokemon Nowadays (i’m 23 now and in medical school) but the truth is this game has helped me so much, not only  in making me happy but keeping me interested.

Regarding E19 everything is amazing, the graphics, the environment, the tension in the scenes (even the puzzles which took me like 20 minutes to solve since I insisted in not writing anything down) and even better was the way the post game ties with the main story!

which nintendo would ever had “the balls” (pardon my language) to write such à captivating story!

thank tou to you all 

I was really looking forward to ep19, and oh boy, this game is even better than what I was waiting for.
Well... i just got lost like 27389 times in the new Rhodochrine Jungle but it happens (mainly because i dumbly missed the right path thinking i already went through it...), and now i have just reached azurine island, but the beggining of this game is already full of new details and small improvements and I am really satisfied with it !
Especially the implementation of passwords and the EXP Candies, it's just the best idea of the year !
Once again, this game is a masterpiece my most sincere thanks and congratulations to all the devs !
Well, I don't know about you but I have a pokemon game to finish !
And good luck with whatever your next project is !

I'm starting a new game, at Corey right now. And I have to say, the early game is amazing. What used to be boring linear corridors are now fun dungeons, I agree that Ace is a hoot to watch.

And Exp.Candies are the best invention in the world. The ability to fight grind battles with my top pokemon, and then distribute the actual exp reward to the ones that need it (without having to constantly switch back and forth) is just an amazing QOL blessing.

I just read through the notes of what changed and I want to thank you all very, very much for this

Added a photosensitive mode option, disabling screen flashes and animations.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

(For previous Episodes, some very kind people made a mod that did this, but it's wonderful to just have it part of the regular game. Before I read the notes, I figured I'd wait for the official release and then ask if someone would be willing to make the mod, like I did with the previous Episodes, but now I can just start playing. Thank you very much!)

And, well.... Also thank you very much to the developers for making such an amazing game, it's a delight to play and I'm looking forward to discovering all the new bits :-) You're wonderful , kind people :-)