One more attempt to figure out Madame X identity [Spoilers, obviously]

Cyphre

Ana is most likely a Garufan android, since we know for sure Garufans wiped pokemon from the world: they later tried to save it using kids with the Archetype, as we saw in the facilities Melia and co. visited in V13. 

And I thought the caught death wing was erased because he was, well, captured, and then wasn't of any utility to Madame X, who, we know, is seemingly able to erase her pawns at will. From what we know from every Xen personnel, they are just normal people (maybe each Admin has their quirk, but we know Geara's background, Zetta's, and sort of Nastasia's). 

Maybe Madame X is from another universe, yeah. And I see Erin becoming her in an Alternate universe where Indriad takes her as a heiress instead of Marianette/Maria, who seems to be more sentimental and ends up opposing him with the MC and Venam. As a more rational Individual, Alternative Erin would be able to share Indriad's views, thus creating Madame X. I recall Melanie (the Princess) talking about her Father in the Doomed  Timeline in the same way Madame X talks about hers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cyphre said:
  Hide contents

vsTrainer194.png.9f5bd231b929688aaf3de6962f6fe72f.pngvsTrainer112.png.8c2ad2d580bd5def44d979c56af34af3.png

Also while it doesnt prove anything, naturally, just thought it would be interesting to compare. The sprites are a bit too similar compared to others with that perspective. 

Nah man, that's non-sense!
I already know that Madame X is Piano Lady, think about it? When do we ever see Piano Lady? In the SS.Oceania right before it was hijacked, then at Blacksteep Castle right before Madame X """shows up""" and then finally she settles at Mika's Cafe in GDC were the Xenpurgis is while keeping an eye on the people while still remaining incognito as just the lady who plays the piano! She's an evil genius and a hell of an actress!

"I'm just the lady who plays the piano at Mika's Cafe, don't mind me, I am a nobody!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm 1

Considering the revelations we faced so far, having Melia/Maria be MadameX would be disapointing. Erin is indeed a stong candidate, but the references to both MadameX parents ("I'm sorry father" and "my mother sacrificed herself") tend to refute that theory as Erin hates BOTH her parents. I found the Amber theory good but her personality doesn't really fit. Nora or Francesca are probably the best as it could explain the armor and they have respect for both her parents. Piano Lady is awesome (but spoiler: she is actually Tiempa in disguise).

Because it is not complex enough, allow me to add another (unlikely) theory:

MadameX is...Anastasia !

Why ? Because several things seems very off to me regarding Nastasia.

1- Even Though she is one of the very first character introduced in the game, we know very little about her motivations, her pokemon team and her rank in Xen (obviously above Zetta, Madelis, Geara and Neved).

2- If you look at the Rejuvenation Wiki, you'll find that most characters have their age stated, even though it is not precisely mentionned in the game (ex, Souta is 74). So I guess the Wiki is written by someone close to the dev team. We also know that the past Aevium happens 40 years before the present, as we can read that several characters surviving the cataclysm are 40 years older. Except for Anastasia... She's 6 in the past and ??? in the present. So why not 46 ?

3- Those sunglasses... I may sounds like nothing but they really seem odd. Remind me of ANA's sunglasses.

My theory is that Nastasia is, like Ren, an android created to administrate team Xen, and that the real Anastasia is MadameX. Rejuvenation Co being the current Xen HQ might be another clue, since she would know of it's structure. Also we still don't know what is Rejuvenation Co exactly (apart from the fact that they want to restore the Miera region), Xen and Rejuv Co objectives could easily be linked. We also know that Katsu, her mother, tried to save her during the meteor shower, showing she could sacrifice herself for her daughter. Lord Xen could be her father (true for many theories I guess).

• Like 5

Damn, i honestly don't know how i never even thought about it.

That would explain why Nastasia goes onto unauthorized missions whenever she wants (tho she clearly indicates that they're all dead if Madame X finds out about the mission at the pyramid).

Unlike other admins, she doesn't seem to fear Madame X. Either they're close enough for that (wich leads me to think about Maria), either yeah, she is Madame X herself.

Very unlikely, from a lot of big and small points. Unknown age is simply because knowing whether she time traveled or aged naturally would reveal things to us. Her pokemon team includes Deoxys at least, and she lost to Nancy, and argument that she did that intentionally would be nonsensical. It is also very easy to tell Zumi is a weeb (in a most positive sense) and her inspiration for glasses lies in the character design i will submit. Ana's sunglasses is some old junk Dylan pulled out of his ass. Not to mention skin colour, hair, overall character and attitude e.t.c. 

I can say with 100% probability that Anastasia cannot be Madame X. Truck Daddy is more likely to be Madame X. 

Spoiler

c9e.jpg

1 hour ago, Demolfus said:

Considering the revelations we faced so far, having Melia/Maria be MadameX would be disapointing. Erin is indeed a stong candidate, but the references to both MadameX parents ("I'm sorry father" and "my mother sacrificed herself") tend to refute that theory as Erin hates BOTH her parents.

I don't remember when did she say she hated her mother, but it wouldn't stop her from thinking Anathea sacrificed herself. And maybe Madame X is an Erin/Marianette from an Alternative Timeline, so her relationship with her parents may be different. Her dialogue doesn't seem to imply she knows personally the main characters.

11 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Very unlikely, from a lot of big and small points. Unknown age is simply because knowing whether she time traveled or aged naturally would reveal things to us. Her pokemon team includes Deoxys at least, and she lost to Nancy, and argument that she did that intentionally would be nonsensical. It is also very easy to tell Zumi is a weeb (in a most positive sense) and her inspiration for glasses lies in the character design i will submit. Ana's sunglasses is some old junk Dylan pulled out of his ass. Not to mention skin colour, hair, overall character and attitude e.t.c. 

I can say with 100% probability that Anastasia cannot be Madame X. Truck Daddy is more likely to be Madame X. 

Hide contents

c9e.jpg

Of topic, but since we're talking about it, Why did Xen attacked the S.S Oceana ? It is stated that they do not come for MC,. Nancy is suposed to be a fake persona created by Crescent. It is also suggested from MadameX intervention in Kugeran city that she does not fully understand the role of the Interceptor, so why the SSO ?

14 minutes ago, Demolfus said:

Of topic, but since we're talking about it, Why did Xen attacked the S.S Oceana ? It is stated that they do not come for MC,. Nancy is suposed to be a fake persona created by Crescent.

Possibly because the black box she comes from was stolen from the lab Xara and Jean used under Axis High, and those two have some connections to Team Xen.

While I like the theories presented here there's two things the OP got wrong. 

Point 6) "Time Crystal" is incorrect. I assume you refer to the "Time Diamond" when you say "Time Crystal" which allows for travel through time, but it's the Time Gear Amulets we get from Tiempa that prevents us from being erased.(Her armor might prevent erasure but that's not confirmed)

As for "Theory 3: Madame X is Marianette" There's a hole in your innitial assesment. Vitus can't be Madame X's Yveltal, because if Melia is suppose to be some alteration of Marianette/Maria then we know this to be false, because of plot we learn in the Narcissa side quest and bits of Angie's past. In Angies past, something happened in which she became corrupted by what I will call "Vitus' Will" so Maria winning after we meet her in Chapter 3 is short lived. we know this to be fact simply because in the Narcissa plotline, we learn in the forsaken lab that Geara's Dad is a man named Sirius, who is revealed to be Vitus, and this is post Storm-9 seeing as Narcissa is an adult when Sirius and Narcissa meet.

Currently replaying v13, i just had this idea, and don't think i've seen it already ?

Madame X says about her "mother" that she gave her life to protect her. By the way it's said, it probably wasn't her real mother, or not a human at all.

So... What if madame X is us (Interceptor) from another world / timeline ?

It's implied we're the one behind the reset of the world. She seems to know a lot about future events, maybe because she lived them ? Maybe we, as the Interceptor, failed once, so we decided to reset everything, in hope to change things.

I know some things about her don't match with this, but i still find the idea interesting.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:47 PM, Demolfus said:

Considering the revelations we faced so far, having Melia/Maria be MadameX would be disapointing. Erin is indeed a stong candidate, but the references to both MadameX parents ("I'm sorry father" and "my mother sacrificed herself") tend to refute that theory as Erin hates BOTH her parents. I found the Amber theory good but her personality doesn't really fit. Nora or Francesca are probably the best as it could explain the armor and they have respect for both her parents. Piano Lady is awesome (but spoiler: she is actually Tiempa in disguise).

Because it is not complex enough, allow me to add another (unlikely) theory:

MadameX is...Anastasia !

Why ? Because several things seems very off to me regarding Nastasia.

1- Even Though she is one of the very first character introduced in the game, we know very little about her motivations, her pokemon team and her rank in Xen (obviously above Zetta, Madelis, Geara and Neved).

2- If you look at the Rejuvenation Wiki, you'll find that most characters have their age stated, even though it is not precisely mentionned in the game (ex, Souta is 74). So I guess the Wiki is written by someone close to the dev team. We also know that the past Aevium happens 40 years before the present, as we can read that several characters surviving the cataclysm are 40 years older. Except for Anastasia... She's 6 in the past and ??? in the present. So why not 46 ?

3- Those sunglasses... I may sounds like nothing but they really seem odd. Remind me of ANA's sunglasses.

My theory is that Nastasia is, like Ren, an android created to administrate team Xen, and that the real Anastasia is MadameX. Rejuvenation Co being the current Xen HQ might be another clue, since she would know of it's structure. Also we still don't know what is Rejuvenation Co exactly (apart from the fact that they want to restore the Miera region), Xen and Rejuv Co objectives could easily be linked. We also know that Katsu, her mother, tried to save her during the meteor shower, showing she could sacrifice herself for her daughter. Lord Xen could be her father (true for many theories I guess).

Man i've been replaying the game and even my theory seems to be somewhat related to yours. I was thinking that it was nastasia's mother who was madame x but now reading what you said. it might very well as be that it is nastasia. I was really thinking that it was a big stretch to be thinking this but your theory seems a solid one

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I am months late to this parade. But I am fine with that because I am terrible at finding places to speak.  Okay, so going back to the Original poster of the thread Cyphre. I can somewhat side with three of his theories #2, #3, and #6. For instance we know she knows about the Archetype and it's powers, leaving the main people who would know or have being major categories. I'm excluding the theory of it being Anathea cause literally she doesn't have body and is inhabiting the soul stone (Unless the devs have some bodysnatching plans I don't think it's her). Then for the theory of it being the first human... that just feels kinda scattered little info (Could potentially be right, but not delving into it. ) So it's un likely. Nora Royer... I played WLL only once so I forget. 

Now saying it's Erin... it would make sense as Madame X's first words to Maria(nette) in the prologue of the game is pretty much the same as what Erin says to Maria before she gets flung into the Unown dimension. And yeah, presumably the time in the Unown dimension screws with you in several ways (Not aging is included)...  Erin hating Indriad(vitus)... doesn't really link up with Madame X, we have no info of her even being connected to Vitus unless your including the idea that Vitus=Yveltal. and even if you try to use that weird Yveltal cocoon in that Xen base in Sheridan Swamplands, as saying Team Xen is trying to destroy Yveltal, then what the heck is with the Vitus ghost possessing Angie, or even Wispy Tower and his connection with Geara. (Well... Wispy Tower may be an outlier since it did get destroyed.). And don't you dare forget is you do actually manage to beat Madame X on Blacksteeple she says "Father, I have lost...". not something I think I'd hear from the Father hating Erin that I learned about in V13. But also Personally I don't think it's Erin.

Now before we go too deep into the theories arguing that Madame X is Marianette or Melia. Let's go back to when we first are proven that Erin, Allen and Alice are all related to Maria and revealing that Melia should be Maria. Melia denies being Maria. But we do have some gap years between some events circulating around Maria(nette). With one gap arguing the direct ages between Melia and Marianette. Yes we don't know exactly how old Melia was when she met Venam (we can really assume she is around the same age.) But let's take a look at Zetta for a second we know that Zetta was created from Melia's DNA. That was because Melia was too young at the time of Madame X's plan. But would that mean She's young enough for her to be younger than Maria? Honestly we don't have exact ages, so I couldn't tell you. But if I'm considering Melia and Maria being two different people... We could potentially have Madame X.

First things first. With the idea that Maria(nette) is Madame X. We first have the connection of Anastasia and Nastasia being the one and the same. Maria being Anastasia's one friend as a child, cause Anastasia be very loyal to her. Mass producing Deoxys for her. Yes in that past time line where that dreaded Gardevoir is killed, last we assume of Anastasia is that she's somewhere in that underground area. Meaning she could have found and freed Maria. Now going on a tangent we know that Madame X's Armor doesn't really come off (From the Pyramid events I think it holds her back if anything), But I think it is actually keeping Madame X alive. Now we know that prior to having her four children Anathea had black hair, the Archetype gave her golden hair... Now what would happen if you were to drain the archetype from said person? If you said they would die you are correct... but I'm wondering if their hair would change color say... Black. Now if this is true, combine this with the idea that the armor is keeping Madame X alive, we have an idea that Madame X may have been a holder of the Archetype's power. But what happened to the Archetype power that was drained from Maria... well it took form as... well Melia. Which would mean that Madame X knows who has this special power and how it can be used. Also in a sense in this crazy theory, Melia is Madame X's child. Technically Erin's Niece.

On that note. I don't really know how to end this, thank you for coming to my Theory. and... disprove me at where you see. I want to help build an actual good theory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jojowa1203 said:

Now if this is true, combine this with the idea that the armor is keeping Madame X alive, we have an idea that Madame X may have been a holder of the Archetype's power.

Very highly extremely unlikely. She stated that one of her endgoals is to obtain an Archetype's power, Melia's in particular. If she already had some latent A-powers, she would rather find a way to awaken them instead of stealing them from Melia. 

2 hours ago, Jojowa1203 said:

But what happened to the Archetype power that was drained from Maria... well it took form as... well Melia.

And who did this? Madame X? Doesnt make sense, there is absolutely no way storm chasers could snatch Melia from team Xen, not to mention no one ever mentioned such event taking place. 
Storm Chasers? Also doesnt make any sense. 

Melia was 14 in Chapter 1, 17 in Chapter 5, and is currently 18. Also Zetta as a person is literally less than 1 year old despite his physical appearance at the moment we meet him. 

Also consider the fact that people still age when they time travel, as was shown with Melia for example or Rhodea. And Madame X jumped in time so much her time crystal was worn out, so there is a chance she was younger and looked different when she started doing it. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

She is not one however. On the chessboard presented by Zetta we have all the pieces. We have 2 Interceptors pieces on the side of white, MC and Crescent, and 3 Interceptor pieces on the side of black, Clear, Kieran and third one which is still unknown for now (Eden? who knows, im still going through the full playthrough from the start). Madame X is just a normal chesspiece. 

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

She is not one however. On the chessboard presented by Zetta we have all the pieces. We have 2 Interceptors pieces on the side of white, MC and Crescent, and 3 Interceptor pieces on the side of black, Clear, Kieran and third one which is still unknown for now (Eden? who knows, im still going through the full playthrough from the start). Madame X is just a normal chesspiece. 

Yeah I assumed Madame X's armor was an imitation of the interceptor armor.

Spoilers 13.5, especially Paragon

Spoiler

After witnessing the "ruined timeline", I'm starting to feel like Madame X is indeed another version of Maria/Melia (more "Melia" than Maria"). When she saved MC in the past, she was in Zeight and the only person, aside from Crescent, who can access Zeight is Melia, so... maybe something went wrong and her world started to crumble. Still, I'm not sure if Madame X already knew about MC being Interceptor, but we know she knows what is it.

12 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

There are actually several extremely important things that changed and you only see that if you replay the game, i will post all the stuff in couple days when i finish with this playthrough. 

Yeah, probably in some days, I'll restart again, too much details and I'm pretty confused about many things.