One more attempt to figure out Madame X identity [Spoilers, obviously]

Cyphre

Honestly for a long time I've been assuming it was some alternate timeline Melia (obviously from a timeline where things went really bad), with the armor both restricting her power and preventing the universe from erasing her somehow. But that was mostly predicated on how I recall her being very adamant she not touch Melia or Marianette in the Bad Timeline after she explained what happens when the someone comes in contact with their counterpart, and finding that odd.

Also, I wonder if Melia absorbing Alternate Marianette has anything to do with why she has Genesis Syndrome?

8 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Huey IS lord Xenadin

I've had the exact same thoughts, it just sounds so unlikely, but it would be hilarious if he was. But it would make more sense if he was Lord Xenadin's son or something.

Edited by Mageknight

5 hours ago, Charon said:

Honestly for a long time I've been assuming it was some alternate timeline Melia (obviously from a timeline where things went really bad), with the armor both restricting her power and preventing the universe from erasing her somehow. But that was mostly predicated on how I recall her being very adamant she not touch Melia or Marianette in the Bad Timeline after she explained what happens when the someone comes in contact with their counterpart, and finding that odd.

Also, I wonder if Melia absorbing Alternate Marianette has anything to do with why she has Genesis Syndrome?

I seem to recall that Melia didn't absorb the Princess so much as she destroyed her. The "princess" appearing in hermind is just her imagination/reflection.

And yeah, Huey being lord Xenadin would be the perfect plot twist lol

9 hours ago, Cyphre said:

It wasnt Mosely, it was Cosmia. Mosely did not appear since we finished her questline with lost camp. 

Lol that was mosely along with Ren's mom, they were tied up on the second floor and even had interactions with Cosmia

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I seem to recall that Melia didn't absorb the Princess so much as she destroyed her. The "princess" appearing in hermind is just her imagination/reflection.

And yeah, Huey being lord Xenadin would be the perfect plot twist lol

Nim already explained that overlapping doesn't have any side effects in any way good or bad, Melanie is gone. Whatever was on Melia's mind was just a regret or something that isn't really caused by overlapping.

4 hours ago, WimpOut said:

Lol that was mosely along with Ren's mom, they were tied up on the second floor and even had interactions with Cosmia

Well yes, what i mean is Mosely never had any "other world flashbacks" of any kind. 

7 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Well yes, what i mean is Mosely never had any "other world flashbacks" of any kind. 

You're implying that Cosmia was posing as Mosely when she went to the mart, and that Cosmia knew what happened at Blacksteeple in the ruined future. Would you like to elaborate on this?

10 minutes ago, Mageknight said:

You're implying that Cosmia was posing as Mosely when she went to the mart, and that Cosmia knew what happened at Blacksteeple in the ruined future. Would you like to elaborate on this?

Well, Cosmia was posing as Regina, the second one, Comet, was posing as Mosely, to be precise. However i just rewatched this scene and it does make more sense that this was the real Mosely that was caught only when she went upstairs, yeah. I've had couple of dialogues misremembered. 

35 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Well, Cosmia was posing as Regina, the second one, Comet, was posing as Mosely, to be precise. However i just rewatched this scene and it does make more sense that this was the real Mosely that was caught only when she went upstairs, yeah. I've had couple of dialogues misremembered. 

Well, I'm glad that got cleared up. That does bring back the question of how people are starting to remember things from the ruined future, but that's a subject for another thread.

Maybe listing what we know about team Xen would help somehow:

1) Madame X said "this light of yours will be mine", which is either her end goal, or a means to an end. More likely that Archetype's power is a necessary tool for her goals, whatever they are. 
2) Their HQ is in the former Rejuvenation Project building, which was established to restore Miera region after the disaster that struck there. Whether it's important or not yet has to be seen. 
3) They recruit people. I know this is obvious at face value, however there exist Deathwings, who basically sign a contract for life to be prisoners of their regenerating bio armor. You dont do that for a mere paycheck or a raise. There must be some sort of goal that drives normal people to actually do those things, either practical or idealistic. While a lot of grunts and even admins join for their own goals, there is clearly some higher ideal there. 
4) They tried to gather some kind of energy, that is released when people fight, suffer and/or die. Whether that energy was meant for sustaining Second Blacksteeple Castle barrier, for breaking it, for Miera restoration, or for something else entirely remains to be seen. 
5) Shirley talked about mark of death, that if you are in team Xen, you are in it for life and cannot quit. It is usually assumed that they just hunt traitors and deal with them, but it can also be something way more drastic.
6) Team Xen, or at least Madame X, ally themselves with Clear and Kieran, whose goals and allegiances are still not very clear. However they definitely have some common goals in between them. 
7) The word Xen itself is originated from Greek "xenos" and means generally something foreign or strange, not belonging here. Either, "guest", "stranger", or can even mean "host". All those words can mean different things and give different context to their team's name. 
8) Xen admins know their endgoal (im fairly sure we asked Zetta once what team Xen's goal were, and he answered "wouldnt you like to know", implying he is aware, and if even he knew that, other Xen admins must know too) and are okay with it to an extent. Most of all this is notable about Neved, whose end goal is a happy and healthy life of his daughter. Which would be impossible in a destroyed world or a timeline or a world that went completely nuts. 

• Like 2

What if Erin gave up her body/Archetype fragment to Melia to save her from the Genesis Syndrome and was transferred into a mechanical body?

It seems like the sort of thing Erin would do, considering she's desperate to save her sister and doesn't seem the type to give a damn whether she's a person or in a person-shaped can. Considering that she mentioned that she was considering taking her own life before she met Melia, I can definitely believe she would go that far to keep Melia from dying.

That Erin of the previous or alternate timeline would eventually go into different mechanical bodies until she reached the one we know as Madame X. Something must've happened to her along the way, over unknown years, to drive her to her current state and goals. Maybe the cost of what she did was to live in misery until she gets the Archetype back, or maybe she's learned of something that she needs Melia to do but the latter wouldn't be willing to do it. Perhaps the Xenpurgis is intended to prevent some greater tragedy, or by doing this she's sacrificing this reality to save another one.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, Cyphre said:

It wasnt Mosely, it was Cosmia. Mosely did not appear since we finished her questline with lost camp. 

I actually have a weird theory about that. 2 dead bodies were identified, according to the documents. One was Freya, another one was lord Xenadin, former leader of team Xen. Now we know from Rune that this was a lie since she was Freya. So who was the second person in the report? ...that's right, Xenadin. So one of my working theories is that Huey IS lord Xenadin. Obvious problem is, when he fell into Voidal Chasm with Rune, he was 6 years old. However 1) VC messes around with people memories and with time 2) child prodigies is nothing new in pokemon universe. 

Hmmmm I'll need to replay that part because I don't remember them mentioning that it was Cosmia. Damn Ditto, messing up my questions. 

Huh... we actually had a similar theory on that one XD Awesome. 

26 minutes ago, 0ris said:

What if Erin gave up her body/Archetype fragment to Melia to save her from the Genesis Syndrome and was transferred into a mechanical body?

It seems like the sort of thing Erin would do, considering she's desperate to save her sister and doesn't seem the type to give a damn whether she's a person or in a person-shaped can. Considering that she mentioned that she was considering taking her own life before she met Melia, I can definitely believe she would go that far to keep Melia from dying.

That Erin of the previous or alternate timeline would eventually go into different mechanical bodies until she reached the one we know as Madame X. Something must've happened to her along the way, over unknown years, to drive her to her current state and goals. Maybe the cost of what she did was to live in misery until she gets the Archetype back, or maybe she's learned of something that she needs Melia to do but the latter wouldn't be willing to do it. Perhaps the Xenpurgis is intended to prevent some greater tragedy, or by doing this she's sacrificing this reality to save another one.

what if its actually much simpler and in original timeline she confronts vitus and he does something to her? i mean he already beat nymiera and protectors of aevium the guy is basically unstoppable

1 minute ago, Pryde said:

Hmmmm I'll need to replay that part because I don't remember them mentioning that it was Cosmia. Damn Ditto, messing up my questions. 

No that was my mistake, i misremembered. It was Mosely. 

11 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Maybe listing what we know about team Xen would help somehow:

1) Madame X said "this light of yours will be mine", which is either her end goal, or a means to an end. More likely that Archetype's power is a necessary tool for her goals, whatever they are. 
2) Their HQ is in the former Rejuvenation Project building, which was established to restore Miera region after the disaster that struck there. Whether it's important or not yet has to be seen. 
3) They recruit people. I know this is obvious at face value, however there exist Deathwings, who basically sign a contract for life to be prisoners of their regenerating bio armor. You dont do that for a mere paycheck or a raise. There must be some sort of goal that drives normal people to actually do those things, either practical or idealistic. While a lot of grunts and even admins join for their own goals, there is clearly some higher ideal there. 
4) They tried to gather some kind of energy, that is released when people fight, suffer and/or die. Whether that energy was meant for sustaining Second Blacksteeple Castle barrier, for breaking it, for Miera restoration, or for something else entirely remains to be seen. 
5) Shirley talked about mark of death, that if you are in team Xen, you are in it for life and cannot quit. It is usually assumed that they just hunt traitors and deal with them, but it can also be something way more drastic.
6) Team Xen, or at least Madame X, ally themselves with Clear and Kieran, whose goals and allegiances are still not very clear. However they definitely have some common goals in between them. 
7) The word Xen itself is originated from Greek "xenos" and means generally something foreign or strange, not belonging here. Either, "guest", "stranger", or can even mean "host". All those words can mean different things and give different context to their team's name. 
8) Xen admins know their endgoal (im fairly sure we asked Zetta once what team Xen's goal were, and he answered "wouldnt you like to know", implying he is aware, and if even he knew that, other Xen admins must know too) and are okay with it to an extent. Most of all this is notable about Neved, whose end goal is a happy and healthy life of his daughter. Which would be impossible in a destroyed world or a timeline or a world that went completely nuts. 

1) It could also just be subterfuge, a way to motivate and mislead them. 

3) That is an interesting point, kinda have to wonder what their goals are.

4) Mhm, and it's been hinted that it's got something to do with Yvetal too.
5) Remember that normal Xen members, not only Deathwings and such have faced the consequences of trying to leave, where they seem to almost just... disappear. Interestingly enough, as shown during the whole Groudon bit, Gafuran Ruins seem to block this from happening, at least while you're inside them. 
6) I wonder about that at times. I mean Clear and Kieran want to bring about the end of the world, create a world with no future... where as that would work with the ruined Future, but Madame X seems against that... you know, since she fought to get back to the original timeline.

5 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

No that was my mistake, i misremembered. It was Mosely. 

XD I still find it funny that Comet tried to out Madame X's identity, only to get stopped by Cosmia. Made me laugh when I realized it, they're like a comedy duo.

4 hours ago, Pryde said:

6) I wonder about that at times. I mean Clear and Kieran want to bring about the end of the world, create a world with no future... where as that would work with the ruined Future, but Madame X seems against that... you know, since she fought to get back to the original timeline.

I had a theory where Clear and Kieran's Master was running around in the Madame X armor, not necessarily to impersonate her, but to use it's probable universal deletion protection, and that's why we've seen Clear and Kieran teaming up with Madame X, even the duo isn't affiliated with Team Xen.

I had the feeling (from the pyramid or maybe before even) that the futuristic duo isn't working for Madame X, but working with her. Like they both have symilar goals (probably concerning Storm-9) but Kieran actually does give the player access to Valor Mountain so they can foil team Xen plans 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I had the feeling (from the pyramid or maybe before even) that the futuristic duo isn't working for Madame X, but working with her. Like they both have symilar goals (probably concerning Storm-9) but Kieran actually does give the player access to Valor Mountain so they can foil team Xen plans 

Indeed, i also think that theyre working with her

Plus... If you manage to achieve the possibility to get to the Bad Ending (the one where you join Team Xen instead of fighting it), the TeamXen choice have Madame X, Kieran And Clear on it, only those 3, and in the other choice (sticking with the good side) there were A LOT characters in the background- They could have putted Cassandra, Madelis, Geara, and others that work for TeamXen- but only MadameX and the duo is there, ssssooooo... Yeah, i think theyre working With, instead of For her

The timetravellers and tem xen are definitly sharing a common goal. Still i'm not too sure if theyre really working together that much bec i remember clear saying in where love lies that she finds tem xen pathetic (or sth like that).

Also do we really know that madame x was not just an ilusion from clear again at the top of the pyramid? Maybe she just wants to let us think that theyre working together but they arent really.  Well the scene with sakitron wouldnt make much sense then, but still, after being in the bad future with madame x i expected her to at least mention it in the next meeting, which was at the pyramid.

Ok, so i don't know if those point where already discussed, but i have a strong theory on why Madame X could be Erin, i'll try to sump up everything i've compiled during my playthrough as "evidence" of that theory. I'll ignore physical appearance ( the long black hair ) as it could just be a dye and used to throw us off anyway.

I listed thing non-chronologicaly, because i'm lazy.

Madame X :

- As stated by OP, she did say in the prologue those line to Maria, and Erin did say the exact same dialogue line during V13 before being imprisoned in the Unown Dimension

- Madame X is most probably the person behind the first world reset, as she seems to hold knowledge of events that are transpiring.

- She has to be "related" to the hero of Aevium's / The Interceptor, not by blood, but by relation, because at Blacksteeple Castle, if you knock off her Yveltal you can see the Soul Stone drop, which is located in the amethyst grotto, which can be accessed only by the four protector of Aevium, the Interceptor, and most certainly the people subjected to the Archetype Power, which in the "power hierarchy" are superior to them. Plus, there is most certainly only one in the world, making this soul stone one from an alternate time.

- Still in that fight, if you defeat her, the says something along the line of " I'm sorry Father, i've failed you ", for whatever reason she could be talking about Indriad, maybe she is following his ideal this time around as a result to what happened to her world.

- She has strong physical agility and capability, just like Erin ( the scene in Angie Castle in V13 where she just jump on a candelar... )

- She stated during BlackSteeple event ( iirc ) that she had a "bond" with Melia of some sort, and we already know for a fact that the actual 4 holder of the archetype power hold a bond between them, could be the same.

- Personality wise, and it's just my opinion, Erin would be the only character to turn into an antagonist if the situation enabled it to, because she is very rational.

- Madame X in Eclysia said something along the line of that if we ever saw her face, "things would be different", implying of course that we know her. 

- Madame X maybe is the Master Clear and Kieragan mentioned during V13

- Madame X ultimate goal wouldn't be to destroy the world with Storm-9, as made clear during the "Bad Future Arc" ( which is most likely the result of Storm-9 full power ), she tells both MC and Melia that she is here to fix their error. ( by getting back in time and stop preventing Vivian from sacrificing herself )

- The previous point correlate with the fact that if she was Erin, and already gone through a loop which failed horribly and ended the world she was in initially, she would try to reset and change the occurring event using Team Xen and her knowledge, to save the "most people", as she stated during our time in the past just before the "Bad future Arc" when Erin was asked if she would choose the Majority or Herself to save, she choose the Majority.

- Seems like she gave a vision to Melia to locate the Den of Souls during V13, something that could be the result of their "bond", and told something along the line of "discovering a truth", most certainly about Melia's condition ( Genesis Syndrome ), an info that Erin have.

And i have another point that doesn't belong with the rest i want to talk about :

When we first got ourselves in Kureagen city ( just after Valor Mountain ), there is this locked up place where you get the book to save the rift pokemon.

In this place we can see puppets of Vivian, Anju, and a scrapped / destroyed part of armor that somehow remind me of Madame X armor, this place could have been used by Madame X at some point for her to learn how to craft Clear, Kieragan, and Eden, as stated by themselves, that they were Android ( based off people Erin know about, apart from Eden... Maybe Eden is the look that MC will take when it's power as an Interceptor will awaken at it's fullest ?)

And you might ask " why did we find the key to that place where Bad Gardevoir was talking to the police officer ? ".

And i have somewhat of a answer to that as well, as of V13 we know that the place Vitus(Indriad) used to seal away Allen, Alice, Eriana was a hidden Garufa place just under where the key was found, it's location appear on the screen during that cutscene.

I think, for whatever reason, Madame X could have returned there to use the knowledge stocked inside this place to craft those android maybe ? To gain the knowledge on how to purify Rift Pokemon ? Or something else entirely, and she would have dropped her key on the way out, before living that time.

This would entail that she knew beforehand about the timesplicer crystals, another Info that Erin have ( as most of the cast anyway )

I think that's it, these are my observations so far, but we might still miss some info that could change everything in the end so this is just a theory, nothing else.

19 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- Madame X is most probably the person behind the first world reset, as she seems to hold knowledge of events that are transpiring.

Despite that this world is unlikely the first she is experiencing for several reasons (later about it), it is possible she was the one who reset the world, but highly unlikely, considering so many other options, including Vitus and Nymiera, Adrest, or even Interceptor himself. And especially considering other circumstantial evidence that i will tell later.

22 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- She has to be "related" to the hero of Aevium's / The Interceptor, not by blood, but by relation, because at Blacksteeple Castle, if you knock off her Yveltal you can see the Soul Stone drop

This hardly matters since there is an infinite amount of ways she could get a hold of it. 

23 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- Still in that fight, if you defeat her, the says something along the line of " I'm sorry Father, i've failed you ", for whatever reason she could be talking about Indriad, maybe she is following his ideal this time around as a result to what happened to her world.

If anything, this is mostly an argument against Madame X being Erin, considering how much she hated him. Even if she would accept his ideals, whatever they are, those are the words said with care and regret, and it is very unlikely that Erin would feel anything but hatred towards Vitus. 

25 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- She has strong physical agility and capability, just like Erin ( the scene in Angie Castle in V13 where she just jump on a candelar... )

Like every other candidate on the list, to be honest. 

25 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- Personality wise, and it's just my opinion, Erin would be the only character to turn into an antagonist if the situation enabled it to, because she is very rational.

Again, easily applied to all candidates on the list. 

26 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- Madame X maybe is the Master Clear and Kieragan mentioned during V13

As many pointed out, it is heavily implied, even if not certain, that Madame X allies herseld with Surf Duo, but they dont work for her. 

28 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- The previous point correlate with the fact that if she was Erin, and already gone through a loop which failed horribly and ended the world she was in initially, she would try to reset and change the occurring event using Team Xen and her knowledge, to save the "most people", as she stated during our time in the past just before the "Bad future Arc" when Erin was asked if she would choose the Majority or Herself to save, she choose the Majority.

Even if she did, why use Team Xen for that then? As we all know, Erin is a highly logical person and hate fighting (another point against this being Erin, since Madame X almost enjoys the challenge and the chase), and it would be fairly easy for her to fix a lot of events from the shadows, knowing them ahead of time. 

29 minutes ago, Vhein said:

- Seems like she gave a vision to Melia to locate the Den of Souls during V13, something that could be the result of their "bond", and told something along the line of "discovering a truth", most certainly about Melia's condition ( Genesis Syndrome ), an info that Erin have.

Very likely just a property of the Archetype, chances are Alice and Allen can do similar things too. 

30 minutes ago, Vhein said:

When we first got ourselves in Kureagen city ( just after Valor Mountain ), there is this locked up place where you get the book to save the rift pokemon.

In this place we can see puppets of Vivian, Anju, and a scrapped / destroyed part of armor that somehow remind me of Madame X armor, this place could have been used by Madame X at some point for her to learn how to craft Clear, Kieragan, and Eden, as stated by themselves, that they were Android ( based off people Erin now about )

It is incredibly unlikely Madame X would use the the city step away from Storm Chasers lair, and second, this was a lair of a researcher and a scientist. Madame X is a warrior and a leader first of all. Not to mention documents about saving Rift pokemon doesnt make sense from the person trying to use them to such extent. I would say the possibility of this being Madame X place is pretty much zero. 

So overall i think all those points kinda mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, the only real argument for Erin is still the phrase she repeated. 

However i have rewatched several important moment i had foggy memories about and i think i have a good idea about who team Xen are, and answer to Deathwings conundrum. 

If you beat Yveltal in Blacksteeple, Madame X says very particular words: "I did not expect this outcome", as well as our Karma meter changing, and the eye that appears is pretty much moments where the timeline was "intercepted" by us, in major or minor ways. This alone would mean nothing by itself, but if you create the best ending in the ruined future and restore that world, Madame X says some very interesting words: "This world was restored. This was an outcome... i prayed to never see". When i rewatched that, this all made sense to me, as well as particular wording of her words. 

So here is my theory about team Xen: they are indeed experiencing at least the second world. Team Xen used the Ark, i.e. the Pyramid, to avoid The Reset, thus keeping their memories. So for Madame X and Deathwings their bio armor, most likely Garufan technology, is what prevents them from being erased from this universe. This is also why 1) Garufan ruins protect team Xen from dissapearing even without armor 2) this caught Deathwing dissapeared, because the armor used it's energy to repair itself, weaking protective magic/technology that was woven into the armor, forcing this guy to be erased. This also answers the question of Deathwings motivation: they are all people who joined team Xen in previous world to save this, next world, and this is why they agreed to wear this armor, they had no choice since they cant exist without it anymore. As well as the name of team Xen, they are literal aliens, people not from this world. Madame X talks about different outcomes so much because she experienced previous world, which repeat all of it's events. Most likely in her world, that was ruined, we did exactly that: created the best ending for Ruined Future, which made her think the world is still on the course of destruction. So this is my theory of the origins of team Xen. 

About Kieran, Clear and the third android, i believe that most likely place they could come from is the same place Ana came from, from the Grandma she is remembering about. I do not have any proof of that, but i do believe that Kieran, Clear and Ana are creations of one person. In fact, creations of this Grandma, that has come into out world, as was stated by Kieran. I will even go as far as to assume this Kugearen house with Rift notes belonged to her. 

And again, there is a very specific phrasing they used, that their goal is a world with no future. Remember the blond lady, Adrest's mother, said that we will bring prosperity to all worlds? Here is another theory:

Vitus Theolia, Indriad, in the end drains life of a world, for whatever reasons. After that he moves on to the next one, drains it's life, and continues to do that with every parallel world he encounter. His goals are irrelevant for now. At some point he did that to the world where Madame X and the current team Xen originated from. And to another world, from which Kieran, Clear and Ana came from. After that Madame X and Surf Duo teamed up to stop Vitus by trapping him inside a dead world with no future, so Vitus couldnt ruin any more worlds and escape current one. For that, of course, one world has to be sacrificed and nuked to hell and back so other infinite worlds could be free from Vitus. How many times they attempted this is unknown. 

While this doesnt answer the identity of Madame X, i believe this is a distinct possibility. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Like every other candidate on the list, to be honest.

Not really, the only one that showed these kind of physical prowess is Allen, which is a male, so i'm not ok with that statement. We will see in the future.

Despite that this world is unlikely the first she is experiencing for several reasons (later about it), it is possible she was the one who reset the world, but highly unlikely, considering so many other options, including Vitus and Nymiera, Adrest, or even Interceptor himself. And especially considering other circumstantial evidence that i will tell later.

Again, there is nothing leading to that as of now, maybe in the future event or words will prove you are right but as of now i don't think we dispose of any evidence leading to these other options, specifically Adrest who is nothing more than a orb holding a soul that got somehow merged with the Interceptor ( Nymiera hidden story ). Btw, the Interceptor himself ( if not lying ) said in V13 that he had no memories of resetting the world ( at least, we didn't have choice to prove otherwise ), which he should if he was the one doing it.

This hardly matters since there is an infinite amount of ways she could get a hold of it. 

I think if events that took place in her world were the same that take place in the world we play in, there is not much option on how she would get ahold of it, so i'm not entirely ok with that statement, even so, she has some option that may or may not be relevant to what i stated, that's true.

If anything, this is mostly an argument against Madame X being Erin, considering how much she hated him. Even if she would accept his ideals, whatever they are, those are the words said with care and regret, and it is very unlikely that Erin would feel anything but hatred towards Vitus. 

We don't know for sure i would say, she could've a change of heart as a result of what transpired in her timeline, but yes, this being the case is unlikely at best.

Again, easily applied to all candidates on the list. 

Absolutely not, that's a fact for at least Melia, who would never act like that, she is way less rational than Erin on that part, and as for Alice, we don't know her that much, but the personality doesn't match at the moment.

Even if she did, why use Team Xen for that then? As we all know, Erin is a highly logical person and hate fighting (another point against this being Erin, since Madame X almost enjoys the challenge and the chase), and it would be fairly easy for her to fix a lot of events from the shadows, knowing them ahead of time. 

Why not ? We needed a team of baddies in the game, i think that's all there is to it tbh, and she does act upon her knowledge of the event she already got through ( if she is the one that did reset the world, that is ), an example of that is simply when she supposedly showed a vision to Melia in V13.

Very likely just a property of the Archetype, chances are Alice and Allen can do similar things too. 

Yes, but it is unlikely to me that Alice/Melia is Madame X, i worked by elimination when i said that, so it does have a sense to giving credits to my theory imo.

It is incredibly unlikely Madame X would use the the city step away from Storm Chasers lair, and second, this was a lair of a researcher and a scientist. Madame X is a warrior and a leader first of all. Not to mention documents about saving Rift pokemon doesnt make sense from the person trying to use them to such extent. I would say the possibility of this being Madame X place is pretty much zero. 

Yes, but i wanted to point that out separately from my other point because in fact that is a less plausible scenario. 

And for the surf duo, we can't be certain they don't work for her, i'm pretty sure i didn't see anything implying that fact, plus, it is heavily implied that they do work for her in the Bad Ending scenario.