V13 - Savefile troubleshooting

Zumi

On 11/7/2021 at 7:22 PM, Bitchboi said:

No matter how much red essence I put into the den at Sheridan Wetlands, Beldum does not appear, it keeps saying I need more red essence, I must've put around 50k in there alrGame - 3428 - Fateh - 316h 18m - 15 badges.rxdataeady.

Can you provide a savefile where you're in front of the said den? I took a look at the game and it says you've currently put 0 red essence into this specific den.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, tiger_Fox said:

I'm stuck in the forced movement of a conveyer tile, though i can access the pause menu, so giving one of my Pokemon Teleport or even just changing my position slightly should suffice to get me out of this softlockGame_-_25_-_Quetzal_-_45h_30m_-_3_badges.rxdata

I think you provided the wrong savefile. 

image.png

Just now, LKyuusei said:

Done :) 

@negativeEgg There's nothing wrong with the file you provided. If you want me to solve anything, try to save right before the choice (the elevator is a good spot). But I don't see anything wrong, all the properties that says "game over you did the melanie thing" are off. Maybe try to not hand over the crystal again? 

Game.rxdata 590.48 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for looking, I'm really unsure of what the problem could be. When I load up the save, and this happens with every save now, it starts me mid cutscene right after the choice is made, so there isn't a time for me to move or save. All I can do is move through the dialogue until the inevitable game over. I also deleted the game and all its related files, the redownloaded them, and the problem is still the same.

6 hours ago, negativeEgg said:

Thanks for looking, I'm really unsure of what the problem could be. When I load up the save, and this happens with every save now, it starts me mid cutscene right after the choice is made, so there isn't a time for me to move or save. All I can do is move through the dialogue until the inevitable game over. I also deleted the game and all its related files, the redownloaded them, and the problem is still the same.

This is what happen when I load your savefile. This is just before the Kenneth battle.

A savefile that goes with "Game - <Player> - <XXh YYm> - <ZZ BAdges>>.rxdata" is a backup file, and this is what you provided.

Try to link your Game.rxdata file instead.

The difference between a "real save" and a backup is the first post of this thread. 

image.png.17677c3974be84fd21ae1cea8f583993.pngimage.png.3e84f8db7debf9b3fb836a420e7f43f3.png

6 hours ago, zeke24 said:

After I open opened my game when i defeated erick and got his badge the shows i have eight badges instead of nine

Game - 189 - Aevia - 75h 39m - 9 badges.rxdata 214.42 kB · 1 download

But it's written "9 badges" in your savefile name.

Can you post / update your post with / a sceenshot of your trainercard?

5 hours ago, CaptainMetal said:

For some reason I'm not encountering any wild pokemon in the desert. I already did a clean re-install and it has to be the save because with a save from a previous playthrough I have no problems with the encounters.

Game_2 - 772 - Arthur - 115h 25m - 12 badges.rxdata 331.74 kB · 1 download

Problem solved. For the record : you couldn't encounter any pokemon in wild areas at all (did some test below grand dream city and in the dark forest on the west) and the reason is super weird.

Did you notice that your game was kinda... dark? :p

After hours (literally) of debugging, the issue was that your save... has been forced to be "evening". image.png.2d35a029866d8e7707668ddbd015274b.png

And during evening, as far as I can tell by looking at the code, several areas doesn't have pokemon at all for this timespan.

Switching this off solves your issue!

Game.rxdata

Very interesting, my daytimes worked fine (including the changes between morning, day, night) and this was the first time I wasn't able to encounter any pokemon and it was only in the desert (voidal chasm worked as usual) and before entering the desert I did EV training on wild pokes around GDC. I'll test it and report back. Thanks a lot, did not expect it to be such a time consuming issue.

EDIT: You are my hero, works like a charm. In case it's interesting, the only times I ever "messed" with the game was I once used debug because for some reason not all Nature Mints were available so I bought 1 from the AP Vendor, tossed it and gave myself the one I needed and once I was level grinding at night but needed it to be day for my Riolu to evolve so I cahnged the time on my PC to make it day for it to evolve.

• Like 1

Hi, 

First of all, great game. Loving it. I am stuck with the Kimono girls quest and unable to get the stamp because of it. The girl in the nightmare city is not visible to me and neither is the Sableye. I have found all other girls but cant find this one cos of the glitch. Please help !

Game - 4592 - Joules - 365h 56m - 11 badges.rxdata

21 hours ago, CaptainMetal said:

Did you talk to her at the café? That's something the walkthrough doesn't mention

Yes I spoke to everyone at the cake and the Rose Theatre. I can even see the 8 out of 9 kimono girls on stage at the rose theatre. Its just that the last one who is in nightmare city doesn't appear at the spot where she should be. Instead there is an invisible and impassable tile where she and the sableye are supposed to be 

6 hours ago, karansingh1991 said:

Yes I spoke to everyone at the cake and the Rose Theatre. I can even see the 8 out of 9 kimono girls on stage at the rose theatre. Its just that the last one who is in nightmare city doesn't appear at the spot where she should be. Instead there is an invisible and impassable tile where she and the sableye are supposed to be 

Did you speak to the Kimono Girl who is having a nightmare outside of the cafe?

Because investigating your savefile, I saw that you did not. (the property stating "you did speak to her" was set to "nope")

So I just did and everything's working.

Game.rxdata

I think my daylight cycle is broken. I honestly don't know how long it's been broken for, but it's long enough that I don't think I'm able to revert to an older file, so I'm posting mine here to see if anyone can help. For context, I can't evolve any pokemon that require day/night time, and I also noticed that encounters have been broken in several areas I went to for testing if it was stuck in one specific time. In east gearen neo, for example, I tried to check encounters since it had different encounters for all times of day, and I was unable to get any encounters in the grass, while for some reason I could in sheridan? I would be very grateful if anyone is able to figure out if there's something wrong with my file.

Game_10.rxdata

18 hours ago, BananananaK said:

I think my daylight cycle is broken. I honestly don't know how long it's been broken for, but it's long enough that I don't think I'm able to revert to an older file, so I'm posting mine here to see if anyone can help. For context, I can't evolve any pokemon that require day/night time, and I also noticed that encounters have been broken in several areas I went to for testing if it was stuck in one specific time. In east gearen neo, for example, I tried to check encounters since it had different encounters for all times of day, and I was unable to get any encounters in the grass, while for some reason I could in sheridan? I would be very grateful if anyone is able to figure out if there's something wrong with my file.

Game_10.rxdata 1.29 MB · 0 downloads

Should be fixed. Please try it out

Game.rxdata

13 hours ago, Reinhard van Astrea said:

You're in the pyramid, with Ren & Aelita, and you have to make progress using the A key to switch between partners.

I don't see any problem here.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:51 AM, LKyuusei said:

Can you provide a savefile where you're in front of the said den? I took a look at the game and it says you've currently put 0 red essence into this specific den.

That's the problem, I've put 60k red essence like I've counted it and it keeps saying nothing has been added

On 11/26/2021 at 8:01 AM, Bitchboi said:

That's the problem, I've put 60k red essence like I've counted it and it keeps saying nothing has been added

OK. Looking at the known bugs list, it seems your issue is indeed the game's fault. 

I've updated your savefile and will update this post with a link as it seems the max size has become super small; what you need to do is to give exactly 1k Red Essence. No more. It will trigger the event.

EDIT: @Bitchboi

Game.rxdata

• 2 weeks later...