V13 - Savefile troubleshooting

Zumi

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 7:17 PM, Cazorla19 said:

Hi, I've encountered a major bug in chapter 15. I've looked at reverting my savefile, but it looks like I would have to go back a looong way and lose out on 60 hours of game play.  Would like to avoid that if possible!

Completed the Diamond and Pearl Paths. Ever since I started the Platinum Path, I've been stuck playing as Melia instead of the main character (the sprite is the MC, but I hav Melia's pokemon and everyone calls me Melia).  I've advanced all the to the Axis Factory part where you have to battlle Geara.  Playing with Melia's team has finally caught up to me and I'm unable to beat him and can't access my bag or other pokemon that my main character has.  Appreciate any help you can provide!  Let me know if you need any other info.

Also, I want to take a moment to thank the developers of this wonderful game and this great community.  It's been a blast playing this game and it's bittersweet to almost be reaching the end!

Game.rxdata 544.83 kB · 1 download

Hey! I took a look at your problem and i found out that this save is screwed. Whenever the game swaps you with another trainer (like Melia) it stores your info somewhere ; I tried to run the Restore script but nothing happens.

If by any chance you have a backup file with your teams, items, money etc : I can try to reset everything by hand. Or, if you do have a backup shortly after the Pearl component, I might grasp the restore data there.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:13 AM, Ein_en said:

Game.rxdatai forgot to save after losing to the gyarados the 1st time and then i lost again sending me back to the gyarados and i beat the gyarados again but this time route one becomes a black screen

You should probably use a backup file (in the same folder as your main save, just rename it) 

On 3/31/2022 at 2:50 PM, milanos said:

Hi all, 

I have a very weird problem, I don't know if it's related to save file but I will attach it.

The problem is that I suddenly cannot use Surf. I am trying older saves where it obviously worked as I progressed game using it, but still nothing. Disabling mods also doesn't change anything.  I have some suspicions that Roggenrola side quest on Terajuma Island could mess something up, but I'm not sure.
When I'm trying using surf from party menu I get this message:

"It can't be used when you have someone with you"

Has anyone ever got this kind of error? Is it fixable?

Game.rxdata 308.29 kB · 1 download

You should have been with a partner and the event that deregisters them as a partner must have derp.

Anyway, it should be fixed

Game.rxdata

9 hours ago, LKyuusei said:

Did you give the right savefile? as far as I can tell, you're fine (i'm able to go into the rooms)

image.thumb.png.da2ace446c151d7ebabf994ce59feed0.pngimage.thumb.png.085e9a8b1b4f1f643c0004e7c0d00f83.png

This is my only save file I have and for whatever reason it’s not letting me do nothing still unfortunately I don’t know how to do/move videos so I’m going to show more screenshots

This happened after I won w/ Puppet master( This glitch also happened when I played as Saki but somehow I passed thou )

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (79).png

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (77).png

14 hours ago, Luxness said:

This is my only save file I have and for whatever reason it’s not letting me do nothing still unfortunately I don’t know how to do/move videos so I’m going to show more screenshots

This happened after I won w/ Puppet master( This glitch also happened when I played as Saki but somehow I passed thou )

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (79).png

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (77).png

Weird. I did try to move your around in a safe spot ; can you delete / backup your local game.rxdata and replace it with this one?

Game.rxdata

• Thanks 1

I cant beat dusknoir's labyrinth. I cant get pass the second gate regardless am I on Run or walk. I cant get to first spot to save within labyrynth. I set myself on reborn difficulty for challenge in battles, not this and at this game point I cant even go back to Garen to lower the difficulty. Can somebody please just solve the soul labyrinth for me and save it so I can go on?  :(

Pokemon Rejuvenation.rar

1 hour ago, Tina said:

I cant beat dusknoir's labyrinth. I cant get pass the second gate regardless am I on Run or walk. I cant get to first spot to save within labyrynth. I set myself on reborn difficulty for challenge in battles, not this and at this game point I cant even go back to Garen to lower the difficulty. Can somebody please just solve the soul labyrinth for me and save it so I can go on?  :(

Pokemon Rejuvenation.rar 1.58 MB · 0 downloads

Done ! You should be right outside of the maze, before the Maria's cutscene.

I also gathered all the items and clues:

Spoiler

# Clues
   "The Red Ivy clear the way..."
    "Password #1: 7896"

# Maids
- One : defeated

# Items
- Normal Gem
- Exp Candys M x 2
- PP Up x 1
- Super Potions x 2
- Elixir
- Sitrus Berry

Game.rxdata

9 hours ago, LKyuusei said:

Done ! You should be right outside of the maze, before the Maria's cutscene.

I also gathered all the items and clues:

Hide contents

# Clues
   "The Red Ivy clear the way..."
    "Password #1: 7896"

# Maids
- One : defeated

# Items
- Normal Gem
- Exp Candys M x 2
- PP Up x 1
- Super Potions x 2
- Elixir
- Sitrus Berry

Game.rxdata 260.52 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks a lot! I doubt I would ever made it by myself. I love you. :

7 hours ago, shep said:

when i load it up it looks like this and i cant move or bring up the menu

Capture.PNG

In your save folder, can you isolate (i.e. create an "old" folder) all the backups and only keep the Game.rxdata inside, load it in your game & if it's the same issue send it here?

Because since i don't have the same result as you i can't really help

11 hours ago, LKyuusei said:

In your save folder, can you isolate (i.e. create an "old" folder) all the backups and only keep the Game.rxdata inside, load it in your game & if it's the same issue send it here?

Because since i don't have the same result as you i can't really help

ok i did that and it had the same results but i had a crazy idea i notice when you loaded the file it's not bugged and that got me thinking maybe its not the save but the game. i'm using v13-0-2 is your version different  maybe if i update it will fix it

also heres the file after i did what you said

Game_2.rxdata

On 5/10/2022 at 10:35 PM, shep said:

ok i did that and it had the same results but i had a crazy idea i notice when you loaded the file it's not bugged and that got me thinking maybe its not the save but the game. i'm using v13-0-2 is your version different  maybe if i update it will fix it

also heres the file after i did what you said

Game_2.rxdata 257.11 kB · 0 downloads

I'm running 13.0.5.

When I load your savefile, i'm immediately greated by Erin, so no issues for me. You can try to download the game again that might work

image.png.9ff20d4cca89be1eb5df2832d60c43ee.png

2 hours ago, LKyuusei said:

I'm running 13.0.5.

When I load your savefile, i'm immediately greated by Erin, so no issues for me. You can try to download the game again that might work

image.png.9ff20d4cca89be1eb5df2832d60c43ee.png

thank you for the help i got it working i dont think i could have done it without you =)

• Like 1