[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

It’s great knowing this game is being worked on and already getting into the testing portion of the development, I can’t wait to see all the changes and the hard work you guys are putting into the game!

Also can’t leave without asking a question. For Ruby which characters, except for those in v5 obviously, were the most challenging to redesign if any were difficult at all? If that question goes under spoiler territory then just ignore this lol

Edited by Frozenwolf94
Sounded weird

A question to the team here: Were you ever/Will you be open to ideas for fan-based mega evolutions? I'm asking coz I have some ideas...and I totally dig the mega mightyena. The only reason I kept it in my team. 

• Developers
7 hours ago, Maneeee said:

So glad this project is continuing, it has unlimited potential!
Question is, with some starters being axed, does this mean that other obtainable mons will also be axed? I recall reading something like this previously but I just want to make sure since there are some real stinkers in the game rn deino, scyther, sneasel

Yes, some obtainable Pokemon have been axed, and replaced with others. I won't delve into which have been replaced.

1 hour ago, inktalegaster said:

will our mansion/base have more upgrades in the next update?

(edit) will we recieve gen 7 starters (the pokeballs on the beach)

The manor will have a small handful of upgrades in E5, but nothing extravagant. I suspect that the whole manor system will change dramatically in the future, particularly in E6.

1 hour ago, BRS swag said:

A question to the team here: Were you ever/Will you be open to ideas for fan-based mega evolutions? I'm asking coz I have some ideas...and I totally dig the mega mightyena. The only reason I kept it in my team. 

Thanks! For now, we won't be accepting new ideas for custom mega evolutions. We want to be really careful with how we put custom megas into the game. I want them to feel authentic, and not out of place. For this reason, we're being very cautious in our approach as to how they are implemented. We have a small catalogue of mega evolutions in the works, but we'd prefer to keep it small.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Veterans
14 hours ago, Frozenwolf94 said:

It’s great knowing this game is being worked on and already getting into the testing portion of the development, I can’t wait to see all the changes and the hard work you guys are putting into the game!

Also can’t leave without asking a question. For Ruby which characters, except for those in v5 obviously, were the most challenging to redesign if any were difficult at all? If that question goes under spoiler territory then just ignore this lol

Honestly? It was all pretty easy for me, aha. Having a ton of OC's of my own makes me feel confident in character designing, so I didn't really have a hard time with it! The lowkey exception were the Crescent and Black Fox grunts, which took a while for me to care to make redesigns for them lmao, I was considering leaving them as they were (albeit, a bit polished,) until I gave into my own perfectionism. Getting into Demon Slayer really had an influence on the Black Fox redesigns, tbh, and with that I remade crescent as well~

This has nothing to do with the Q, but I thought it'd be funny to add that Caz literally just told me to go wild and revamp anything I wanted to, haha

• Like 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Shiv said:

When ep 5 will realsed?

I've already mentioned about this, we are in the midst of testing as a dev team, beta testing will begin the moment we finish off that stage of testing and then it'll be released to the public. We are aiming for Late June. This may change depending on the results of testing.

4 hours ago, Posty said:

I've already mentioned about this, we are in the midst of testing as a dev team, beta testing will begin the moment we finish off that stage of testing and then it'll be released to the public. We are aiming for Late June. This may change depending on the results of testing.

1 month left and i can finally have a reason to continue all of my 4 desolation save files

• Developers
15 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

This may have already been asked but has the music in the game been changed or has it been kept the same more or less?

I would say that approximately 50% of the music has been changed. The music in most environments is the same, but the music in battles has been changed significantly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gilam said:

are we going to see desolation form in E5 or in the future?

What do u mean like that?
If something along the lines of desolation regional varrients no
WHich was already confirmed

*are you guy's going for full dex?

*are we going to see a desolation form? to balance weak mon's?

*are we going to enjoy mega in early-mid game? or late-post game?

*what feature we going to see in the game in V5?

i hope ppl make modes for this game to.

1. Y e s 

2. Desolation form? um no we do have "Perfection Forms" which isn't a spoiler has Caz revealed "Perfection Darkrai" a few year back

3. You first encounter Megas against the 3rd Gym Leader around lvl45, the Player will be able to Mega Evolve like mid-late game? 

4. Feature? um we do have new features i guess?.. lol

• Veterans
2 hours ago, GenEric said:

right question
how is rosetta supposed to look like? in the intro or in game?

will she be very fabulous? will she still look like ms santa in v5?

The old intro Rosetta of E4, correct me if I'm wrong, looked to be a recolor of another character from somewhere else. Her actual sprites (aka santa) was the more accurate Rosetta. Her design was fine, so I didn't feel the need to redesign her, and her colors fit well with Cellia's aesthetic

Oh yeah, intro Rosetta is actual Rosetta now too \o/

• Like 1

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, Sardines said:

Yo, how you ppl doing? What's crackin? And what's going on?

Howdy partner 🤠
We're all doing pretty good right now! morale and spirits are high as we crack on with the game :] even though we are dying doing edits
In the midst of Dev Testing right now, which hopefully be finished up soon (by soon I mean by the end of this week? we'll see) then we shall start the Beta Test and them... release the kraken (Aiming for an end of June release).

❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's another question. I know it was previously mentioned that it is advised for people to replay through the game once E5 drops because they might miss certain things if they don't. If I was to continue with my current save file and miss out on the things that have been changed prior to the E5 continuation of the story, would the things I'll have missed impact the story later on in the game? 

Asking because I think I'm in the minority of the player base who actually finished the game like 2 weeks before Caz made his hype return and I put a lot of time into EV training and getting the best natures that I don't really want to start from scratch, but if there's anything super game changing I would be OK with restarting. Sorry if this falls too much under spoiling the rest of the game. 

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, MegaLiontamer said:

I’m excited for this game I might know who the gym leaders we might face in this version but I’m going to keep that secret. Anyway good luck on testing the game guys

:']

1 hour ago, Junior said:

Here's another question. I know it was previously mentioned that it is advised for people to replay through the game once E5 drops because they might miss certain things if they don't. If I was to continue with my current save file and miss out on the things that have been changed prior to the E5 continuation of the story, would the things I'll have missed impact the story later on in the game? 

Asking because I think I'm in the minority of the player base who actually finished the game like 2 weeks before Caz made his hype return and I put a lot of time into EV training and getting the best natures that I don't really want to start from scratch, but if there's anything super game changing I would be OK with restarting. Sorry if this falls too much under spoiling the rest of the game. 

So the early game plays out exactly the same as it did in v4, with a few minor edits to the actual story, meaning if you played from the start of v5 you won't have missed anything important!

However we do still recommend playing from the start because a lot has changed, Trainer re-balance/every single important trainer's team has been updated (so if you're confused to like why for example Scarlett has __ then its best to play through from the start lmfao), Gen 7 and a new set of encounters in every route, the actual intro has been polished up similar to how they polished it in Rejuvenation you get to see Rosetta in all her glamour. But yeah since its been a long time since theres been an update, this is the other reason why we mention a fresh start, to remind yourself about parts of the story you may have forgotten about! 

But yeah if you wanna start from v5, thats completely fine! just note you may have missed a few events early game so you may wanna go back and investigate them areas :] 

9 hours ago, MegaLiontamer said:

I’m excited for this game I might know who the gym leaders we might face in this version but I’m going to keep that secret. Anyway good luck on testing the game guys

If it's an already introduced character, we all know who it is

Spoiler

Gym leader of Darkroot Town