[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

• Global Mods
44 minutes ago, gilam said:

Are V5 release is a matter of days? Weeks?

and how many gyms there is in V5?

1. So I've said previously that we just started internal testing, which will take a week or two, then beta testing will begin, which again will take a week or two, so we don't have a set date yet, we wanna aim for a release around Late June, just keep an eye out for updates!

2. Um.. that has been answered a few times here now and on the FAQ, but its 12 (guys please read the FAQ before asking questions incase your question has already been answered :]) 

37 minutes ago, smeargletail said:

are you ever going to do custom moves like rejuv? if so I can help you navigate the animation editor and explain anything you need about it?

So we had plans on adding a new custom move this version which we ultimately scrapped in the end, I won't say what that move was because  s p o i l e r s  but we "might" add custom moves in the future? no idea yet lol, appreciate the offer, if we end up doing so I'll probably hit you up!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Posty said:

Um.. that has been answered a few times here now and on the FAQ, but its 12 (guys please read the FAQ before asking questions incase your question has already been answered :]) 

I know about the 12 gyms. 
I meant in V5 how many gyms will have

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, gilam said:

I know about the 12 gyms. 
I meant in V5 how many gyms will have

oh sorry my bad I didn't read the question properly 😅 
there will be in total, 2 new gyms for v5. I won't say who the new Gym Leaders are, you will have to wait and find out 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Veterans
10 hours ago, Chrixai said:

To Caz, Posty and Amber. Which character in desolation do you guys like the most and why?

I'm gonna assume you mean me, lol. My fave is Shiv since he's based off of Izaya from Durarara (who's also a big fave of mine)

6 hours ago, AiedailEclipsed said:

What's the Dreamscape? 👀

👀 *sips tea*

6 hours ago, Marmalade said:

What is everybody's favorite pokemon?

a tie between Hydreigon and Roserade uwu

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ruby Red said:

I'm gonna assume you mean me, lol. My fave is Shiv since he's based off of Izaya from Durarara (who's also a big fave of mine)

👀 *sips tea*

a tie between Hydreigon and Roserade uwu

Sorry I called you Amber cus of the redness aura you have :] not because of her personality 

• Veterans
46 minutes ago, Chrixai said:

Sorry I called you Amber cus of the redness aura you have :] not because of her personality 

I thought it was autocorrect or smthn lol

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, gilam said:

Is there any boss or gym you exited to see 

the players face?

Oh for sure, a good handful of people you will face in v5 👀 but spoilers so cannot say!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will Jared get an explanation as in what even is this?

Are we going to get an option to join an evil organization with the whole karma system? And not just Crescent (was that their name? Been a while...), but the Black Foxes as well.

Will the history behind Moltres' preferred summoning method of human sacrifices get elaborated on?

Most importantly, if there is ever going to be a event to catch a Bagon, are you going to involve a band named "Imagine Bagons" in the side quest? 

• Global Mods
28 minutes ago, Mah Ass said:

Will Jared get an explanation as in what even is this?

Are we going to get an option to join an evil organization with the whole karma system? And not just Crescent (was that their name? Been a while...), but the Black Foxes as well.

Will the history behind Moltres' preferred summoning method of human sacrifices get elaborated on?

Most importantly, if there is ever going to be a event to catch a Bagon, are you going to involve a band named "Imagine Bagons" in the side quest? 

All I can really say to this is... nothing cause that would be spoilers :] 
Okay but Moltres is valid though, no need for a history lesson

• Upvote 1

• Developers
58 minutes ago, Shard_ said:

In v5 will we be able to do the side quests with the legendary hunter and the guy in route 2 since were getting 2 more badges?

No. Side quests involving legendaries will typically occur later down the track (especially later than 7 badges).

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Mah Ass said:

Forgot to ask something that has been bothering me ever since I started playing. Is the male player sprite with blond hair getting redone? Cause he just looks atrocious...

I wonder.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this is a stupid question but will there be a way to change difficulty from stuff like Easy, Normal, and Hard? (Kinda like Rejuv) The challenge is fun but I personally enjoy the story without getting my ass kicked for hours on end *Cough* Tristian *Cough*

• Developers
1 hour ago, ThyMajicConch said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but will there be a way to change difficulty from stuff like Easy, Normal, and Hard? (Kinda like Rejuv) The challenge is fun but I personally enjoy the story without getting my ass kicked for hours on end *Cough* Tristian *Cough*

Thanks for the question! We won't be adding difficulty options in E5, nor are there any planned for the near future. That being said, Desolation has undergone extensive balancing, courtesy of Posty, which has hopefully removed most of the 'ass-kicking' dished up by opponents like Tristan. The most unfairly challenging battles have been nerfed. That being said, some of the easier battles have also been made more challenging. While we want Desolation to be fairly challenging, we don't want it to be absolutely gruelling.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Caz said:

Thanks for the question! We won't be adding difficulty options in E5, nor are there any planned for the near future. That being said, Desolation has undergone extensive balancing, courtesy of Posty, which has hopefully removed most of the 'ass-kicking' dished up by opponents like Tristan. The most unfairly challenging battles have been nerfed. That being said, some of the easier battles have also been made more challenging. While we want Desolation to be fairly challenging, we don't want it to be absolutely gruelling.

That sounds totally fine actually! As long as the battles are more fair, I’m totally ok with that! Thanks for answering!

• Developers
15 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

This is a question all 3 of you can answer. Out of all of the characters we've interacted with so far, which 1 is your favorite?

Mine has to be Jarred Garret. Even though his type of character isn't particularly unique (rowdy, hotheaded, charismatic, optimistic etc.), he's a character that I've had loads of fun with, and have really enjoyed writing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Veterans
4 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

This is a question all 3 of you can answer. Out of all of the characters we've interacted with so far, which 1 is your favorite?

I think we had a similar question earlier and I answered Shiv, but I think it’s actually a tie between him and Garret for me lmao. I actually helped out with a very tiny bit of Garret’s comedic dialogue too, aha. I wonder if people can figure it out 👀

• Like 2

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Yeah its gotta be Amelia.. though I do like Emily quite a bit, and Ava 👀 you'll see why :]

• Like 1

Question for anyone, but can you guys shed some light on which characters got buffed? Apologies if it falls under spoilers. 

Spoiler

Asking because from what I remember when I played through the games, some important battles that occur at the height of the plot were kinda one-sided. Aurora in Cellia City and Scarlett in Blackview are some I remember where the tensions were high but the battles felt too easy to back that up and really make you feel the pressure. I noticed some of the easier battles are easy due to lack of type coverage on the AI's Pokemon as well. 

Edited by Junior

• Global Mods
33 minutes ago, Junior said:

Question for anyone, but can you guys shed some light on which characters got buffed? Apologies if it falls under spoilers. 

Hide contents

Asking because from what I remember when I played through the games, some important battles that occur at the height of the plot were kinda one-sided. Aurora in Cellia City and Scarlett in Blackview are some I remember where the tensions were high but the battles felt too easy to back that up and really make you feel the pressure. I noticed some of the easier battles are easy due to lack of type coverage on the AI's Pokemon as well. 

So best way to put this, since every team in the game has been revamped in some sort of way, teams that were horribly difficult were nerfed and others were buffed, take that as you will, if you remember from v4 what battles were harder and what battles were easier, hopefully now they have been balanced out. I will say that the additions to Scarlett's team has buffed her overall, Aurora's team suits her more and the fight in Cellia and has been slightly adjusted. I can't say anything about newer battles but yeah lol.

• Like 1

So glad this project is continuing, it has unlimited potential!
Question is, with some starters being axed, does this mean that other obtainable mons will also be axed? I recall reading something like this previously but I just want to make sure since there are some real stinkers in the game rn deino, scyther, sneasel