The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

3 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I have already started breeding, training and preparing some decent Mons, but i still need a lot of things that are currently not available in EP18, like certain TMs, Mega Stones and such.....

i wonder, if we get every mega item available in the e19 main plot, will the nightclub challenges hold any valuable rewards (besides the pride of course) 🙂

16 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

i wonder, if we get every mega item available in the e19 main plot, will the nightclub challenges hold any valuable rewards (besides the pride of course) 🙂

Well......some way or another we WILL be able to get every item that is not obtainable as of EP18 somewhere in EP19....

I can imagine some of them just being "hidden" somewhere in plain sight in any parts of the game that we have already been up to now, or some being rewards for sidequests. I wouldn't even be surprised if some TMs, Mega Stones or other Items would be available as prizes for some kind of currency you obtain from the nightclub battles...

On 7/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, Conkeldurp said:

Mega stones for legendaries? Dont know what's more...

On 7/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, Egzample said:

Mega stones for legendaries? Dont know what's more...

I always found these kind of rewards a bit awkward. 

Reminds me of Final Fantasy, where you get the best weapon and armor as reward for defeating the hardest boss in the game. That made me always wonder... why?!

2 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

I always found these kind of rewards a bit awkward. 

Reminds me of Final Fantasy, where you get the best weapon and armor as reward for defeating the hardest boss in the game. That made me always wonder... why?!

Hahaha, yeah.....

"Congratulations! You beat the most difficult boss in the game, thereby proving you don't even need this ultimate weapon at all.....but take in anyway! Now have fun smacking the final boss that looks like a lv.1 trash mob in comparison to the boss you just killed!"

Final Fantasy is weird about that.....you either have to beat a boss that is a lot more difficult than the actual final boss, or you have to do some ridiculous side quest that consumes lots of time and is not even fun at all...remember FF X, where you had to play stupid Blitzball just to get Wakkas ultimate weapon?

FF X is easily one of the best games of the series, but that Blitzball stuff was like "Can i please fight 3 Morbols at the same time instead?"

But in terms of Pokémon you have to admit that some Mega Pokémon are easily as powerful as a legendary Pokémon. And it would make sense that you need to train your Pokémon a lot for them to be strong enough to fight and capture a legendary Pokémon. In that very same way it would also make sense that you need a certain amount of strenght and experience to control Mega Evolution or something as powerful as Z-Moves.

That is exactly why i like the fact that you do not have Z-Moves right off the bat in Reborn and Rejuvenation. It has been the one thing that somehow bugged me the most in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon that a new trainer gets access to something THAT powerful so early in the game. I mean you can easily beat the Gen 7 games without ever using a Z-Move anyway, so why are they going overkill right from the get-go?

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

But in terms of Pokémon you have to admit that some Mega Pokémon are easily as powerful as a legendary Pokémon. And it would make sense that you need to train your Pokémon a lot for them to be strong enough to fight and capture a legendary Pokémon. In that very same way it would also make sense that you need a certain amount of strenght and experience to control Mega Evolution or something as powerful as Z-Moves.

You certainly have a point. but seeing as we already have most of the Mega-Items available as of ep18, I'd doubt we will be restricted to not using just certain M-Evos/Mons all the way up to the postgame. 

In terms of postgame rewards, i'd love to have something like...

• a password that lets you play a nuzlocke or a randomizer
  • a book with extended backstory for some of the characters like Dr. Connal or DJ Arclight or Sirius
  • An adress for a donation for Ame and the staff (for non-members of course)
  • A secret recipe for healthy muffins.

Those are 4 wishes, my friend. A genie will always just grant you only 3....

Jokes aside....some options for a nuzlocke mode or randomizer mode do sound interesting, but i guess that would be so much work that it might be best solved by creating a mod that does this.

6 hours ago, andracass said:

*coughs loudly

*and not because i'm sick

*immitates the voice of a stereotypical idiot character from a random anime abridged series*

Hmmm....i guess someone is trying to give us a hint there....if only i was the main character so i would be able to figure out who it was and what kind of hint it is....

• Administrators
On 7/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, ShogokiX said:

I can't wait to see all the new animations in the actual game. And i also hope that you manage to fix the moves that did absolutely nothing.

Now i have a question: With EP19 we will finally be able to get every TM that was not obtainable in EP18. Will all of these be in the post game, or will we get some more TMs in the earlier parts of the game?

All TMs have been moved around and are now obtainable before E19 content. They've all been reset for older files too so you shouldn't be able to miss anything if you didn't get it before.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:16 AM, Conkeldurp said:

In terms of postgame rewards, i'd love to have something like...

• a password that lets you play a nuzlocke or a randomizer
  • a book with extended backstory for some of the characters like Dr. Connal or DJ Arclight or Sirius
  • An adress for a donation for Ame and the staff (for non-members of course)
  • A secret recipe for healthy muffins.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well

two of those things you don't need to wait for postgame for

one of those things is definitely happening

and one i've still got to care enough about to learn in the first place.

17 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

All TMs have been moved around and are now obtainable before E19 content. They've all been reset for older files too so you shouldn't be able to miss anything if you didn't get it before.

So basicly even those that we already could obtain in EP18 will be found somewhere else if i create a new save file? Oh well....i wouldn't mind getting Thunderbolt instead of Charge Beam from Julia after beating the first gym XD

Man, i'm having brainfarts....

I was breeding some Mons because i wanted to try out a few things in preparation for a good EP19 team....and i totally forgot you can't breed Nidoqeen XD

I knew you can't breed Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the official games as well, but since this is a fan game i was kinda hoping that this would not be the case in Reborn....

Still.....is there a canonical reason that explains why you could breed with Nidoran male, Nidorino and Nidoking if you used Ditto, but only with the female Nidoran, and not with Nidorina and Nidoqueen?

There isn't really a canonical reason for it, no. The best I've found is that it's because the nidos are partially based on rhinos, the females of whom are notoriously difficult to breed in captivity (which being in a Trainer's possession qualifies as), while the males can get it on just fine; on the other hand, the rhyhorn line doesn't have this issue, and are even more rhino-like than the the nidos, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the end, it's probably just GameFreak being stupid with some small details again.

6 hours ago, Amethyst said:

new post to announce some features we definitely already directly pointed at in this thread~

Hell yeah, tons of fun while messing around with the game incoming XD Usually i like to mod my games until they break....now i won't even be needing mods to break this one ^^'

One question though: Will it be possible to turn off any of those changes mid game? Your post said Nuzlocke mode can be turned off after losing a battle.

Let's say you activate hard cap, but don't want that any more for some reason at any point in the game. Will there be an option (preferably from the menu) to turn off one (or all) of the passwords you entered at the start of your save file?

1 hour ago, MachoPony said:

....why didnt i know about the monotype password before getting cucked by the mystery eggs earlygame and getting hardstuck at shelly till i got Spheal and Cryogonal traded to me?

this wouldve made it SO much easier

Why didn't you know? Probably because they haven't been implemented yet 🙂

Yo @Amethyst mind if you add the no items mode. It is a pretty simple addition to script and a lot of people ended up liking it for speeding up battles.

I can't really speak much on the follower pokemon because there's a lot of barriers right now before making it official. One of which is finding where these sprites that I cannot find anywhere even came from. They are like really well done which is the sad thing. If I can get that then it would be easier to share and pass around.