The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

10 hours ago, Draconis said:

Lmao I may have a decent grasp on competitive play, but no way am I cut out for Insane mode.

I struggled with regular Rejuvenation...! 😭

God, if I think back to that Melia fight in Chapter 15... I was walled for a month! 

Aaaand I'm still struggling with Saki. 

So - nope! No Insane mode. Ever. (I value my sanity too much.) 

I have once tried Insane Rejuvenation. 

On my very first playthough back in 2021, because I like difficult (but fair) challenges. 

And I was having almost no problems... until I faced Angie. I simply didn't know what to do - that constant freezing was annoying me; this wasn't difficult because of power level, it was difficult because of hax! 

I have tried using Pokemon immune to freezing (I don't remember what those were), but they couldn't do much to her, so I was simply stuck. 

I got so pissed that I've completely erased save file and tried the game anew on Normal difficulty - on my 2nd attempt, that cheap, quasi-religious Elsa knockoff was begging for mercy as I was melting her team down with spread Fire moves (Heat Wave, Lava Plume and Eruption). 

I'm not into hyperoffense teams that much... But I was so done I didn't care at that point - just to annihilate that bitch. 

Edited by Oscarus

Just now, Oscarus said:

I have once tried Insane Rejuvenation. 

On my very first playthough back in 2021, because I like difficult (but fair) challenges. 

And I was having almost no problems... until I faced Angie. I simply didn't know what to do - that constant freezing was annoying me; this wasn't difficult because of power level, it was difficult because of hax! 

I have tried using Pokemon immune to freezing (I don't remember what those were), but they couldn't do much to her, so I was simply stuck. 

I got so pissed that I've completely erased save file and tried the game anew on Normal difficulty - on my 2nd attempt, that cheap, quasi-religious Elsa knockoff was begging for mercy as I was melting her team down with spread Fire moves (Heat Wave, Lava Plume and Eruption). 

I'm into hyperoffense teams that much... But I was so done I didn't care at that point - just to annihilate that bitch. 

Well, you won't try play Intense Mode in Pokemon Rejuvenation V13.5. Because this difficulty will dissapear.

• Sad 2

I know, it's so sad 😭

I loved the Intense difficulty and have managed to beat it twice(with another 2 on hold till after E19 drops); can't think about reverting back to the gross normal mode though I do understand and respect the reason for its removal. Hopefully it returns once the game is completed(V16 I think).

At least it sounds like it can be somewhat replicated in Reborn with the addition of passwords, like being able to adjust levels and potentially make every Trainer Pokemon hold a PULSE2. Another reason why this episode is gonna bang!

16 hours ago, Draconis said:

My theory is that her team is a mix of Fairy and Dark, though I could be wrong.

Giving the facts, it's a yes from me. Especially with the horde of Alolan Vulpixs and her love for Popplio/Sylveon. I headcanoned that Ame's family has a strong affinity for Fairy and Dark- Types, so that's not a surprise to me🙂

16 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I heard she likes Lopunny too. Since it's gonna be filled with post game bullshit I wouldn't be surprised to see both Lopunny and Absol in their mega forms

It was a confirmed somewhere- if I remember clearly- that Amethyst did once a Buneary/Lopunny run on a gamethrough. And you find a Loppunite in her office, I bet it's a nice reference. 

Consider that I made Ame the former Fairy Gym Leader in my version, before becoming Champion and had two teams of her position.

I remember when E18 came out I went out of my way to breed a lot of stuff.

Now after playing rejuvenation, I want to add like 10 pokemon to this list of items I want to use.
I will list somethings I breed.

Mamoswine, Excadrill, Lycanroc, Conkeldurr, Garchomp, Scizor, Breloom, Honchkrow, Hawlucha, T-Tar, Bisharp, Mimkyu, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Medicham, Lopunny, Heracross, Altaria, Dragonite, Blaziken, Shedinja, Crawdaunt, Greninja, Salamance, Diggersby, Gyarados, A-Muk, Typhlosion, Hydreigon, Starmie, Volcarona, Naganadel, Gardievoir, Magnezone, Ludicolo, Serperior, Chanedlure, Charizard, Klefki, Skarmory, Azumaril, Sigilyph, Sandygast, Gliscor, Rotom-W, Toxapex, Gothitelle, Aegislash, Gengar, Metagross, Reuiclus, Slowbro, A-Marowak, Ferrothorn, Camerupt, Whimsicott, Hippowdown, Tangrowth, Vikavolt, Meowstic, A-Ninetails, Togekiss, Duoblade, Chansey, Sableye, Amoonguss, Skarmory, Sylveon

Listing these out makes me think I might not even use this save and just start anew tbh. I have a bunch of breedjects but these are the items I need to acquire. I don't even have Torkoal, Venusaur, Primarina, Hitmontop, Incineroar, Dusclops, Rypherior.

I've been following this game for 8 years, since E11. Hard to believe it's been this long.

As for my team, instead of playing along with the different fields of the elite 4, I think I'll just use my favorite core team in Reborn: Serperior/Ninetales/Typhlosion. Set a grassy field, burn it down with drought Ninetales, then annihilate the opposing team with insanely boosted Eruption from Typhlosion

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Evi Crystal said:

Consider that I made Ame the former Fairy Gym Leader in my version, before becoming Champion

Haven't told me that. Not that I'm complaining - great minds think alike

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself that as someone who lives in Australia, my Saturday is not likely to be when it releases 😆 Oh well, I can always do with exercises in patience! And I still have not quite decided which starter to pick anyway...Probably going to be a spur of the moment decision between Popplio, Fennekin, Torchic, or Froakie.

• Upvote 1

To think some have waited half their lifetime to see this game reach its final release... it's crazy. Just wanted to hop in and thank all the developers that have worked on the game over the last decade so that it could see the light of day this weekend. I'm hyped!

Ooooh, so if you say "USA release", is there also a timezone estimate? 

(I know there are at least four different timezones in the USA, so I'm wondering which one the devs are operating in :3)

...Though now I'm wondering why I'm even asking - regardless of the timezone, I'm gonna be checking the sidebar every five minutes anyway 😅

• Like 1