E18: Void-kissed (Community Release)

Amethyst

When the hell did this happen?? I go away for a week and BAM!!

.....I had things planned too.... oh well.

Thanks Ame and dev team. I've enjoyed this game tremendously.

It's one of the games in which I've invested the most play time....no social life, no regrets.

• Like 1

• *    Pokemon can no longer begin disobeying due to over-levelling during a battle
  • *    The Pokemon Psychiatrist has been updated. His service now costs three Heart Scales but the Nature can be chosen.

I'm not gonna say these were needed changes, but there sure as hell are welcome. Having a mon over-level and start disobeying in the middle of an important battle was the absolute worst. Also, I cannot tell you how many times I soft reset to get the nature I wanted using that damn psychiatrist.

Edited by Data567
Polish

9 minutes ago, CaptainMetal said:

Do I need to be at a specific location before I start the new episode? Like when for one episode we needed to be in that small room in the Agate Circus tent.

Go to Amaria's gym first, and then return to Calcenon.

Guest Relinquished

This is a job well done! What a great episode!

At least, i hope enemy trainers use items, this time round... And don't switch pointlessly... And their pokemon get to actually move... And the eggs don't get doubled... And the stairs can be used... And most importantly, that Budew is finally removed, as per v.Alpha change-notes!

I just finished E18 on my old playthrough without prior relationship points which also ended up going into the Zekrom route. Here's my thoughts on the episode so far in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Regarding the E18 content I've experienced so far, absolutely amazing. As soon as I saw the ??? talking about bug related things, I knew shit was about to go down. Of course Bennett shows up being a badass all of a sudden (I knew it was coming). Then some puzzles, Zero going insane, a few easy battles (okay the double battle was hard but only because half my team was already dead since I didn't think I'd have to battle again without healing after the single battle). After that basically an entire recap of my Reborn journey so far done very artistically with some extra details added in. Like Gardevoir standing behind Radomus at various stages. I very much enjoyed that.

Then finally, after a CLEAN 4 and a half years of waiting, Luna makes her big reappearance to rescue you from the void. Definitely the thing I've been looking forward to most of all. Fuck to the yes basically. After you're out there's a flashback scene where it's revealed that you casually beat Luna along with 2 other gym leaders while you were out of it and that you were being controlled by team Meteor during those battles. So yea, sorry that I'm so OP. I had several years to breed and EV train my team so don't beat yourselves up over it. Oh and Luna went into the void to save you and hasn't come out. I seriously doubt she's dead or anything considering the way she was acting but she might be trapped at worst.

Next there was a bit of team Meteor action, a fair 1v1 battle against Solaris (that Mega-chomp's phys def is stupid), Taka steps in (hey there's 1 reason to battle him but I'll look forward to seeing the other route), Lin does some Lin things and flies off.

Lastly the gym battle. It really wasn't that hard even though my sand rush Excadrill got outsped and OHKOed by Lycanroc early on. Ferrothorn, Garchomp and Rotom-W were the MVPs.

And that's where the episode ends. Right now I'm probably gonna wait for someone to compile all the relationship points for E18 so I can play it on my newer playthrough where I got all the points I wanted. Or if it takes too long I can do it semi blind amd keep a backup. Really interested in seeing whether anything relating to Luna changes if I have all her points (Or am on the Reshiram path) and of course I'm expecting the Meteor confrontation to be very different (Titania will probably be there too).

Lastly I'd just like to thank Ame along with all the other developers, testers and everyone else involved in making Pokemon Reborn. You've done an amazing thing here and have created one of the best Pokemon fangames in existence. This journey has been incredible and I'm sure we will all have mixed feelings of joy and sadness when it inevitably comes to an end. Thank you everyone!

• Like 1

Thank you Ame and everybody else for all of your hard work!

As I read on the list of updates:

*    Follower movement has been updated.

As a person who has held back on playing Reborn since episode 15, what exactly does this mean? Are following pokemon in the game now? Am I missing something obvious that I didn't see in the beta either? o.o Sorry for the stupid questions