E18: Void-kissed (Community Release)

Amethyst

Do I need to restart my playthrough? I started off with Ep. 16 and reached Agate Circus, but I heard Ep.17 was coming out, so I waited patiently to play my favorite fan game (which is this one duh) until the new episode, then redid my playthrough. and I'm about to take on Amaria's Gym but I'm debating with myself whether I should restart my whole playthrough again just to re-experience the game's new features but I've clocked in dozens of hours in my current playthrough. ((Dilemma intensifies.))

Also, has anyone here tried using mods in this release? I'm currently using a mod that makes TMX's available to use as long as I have the badge, so none in my team actually learned these TMx's. 

Edited by smittywerben

Correct me if I'm wrong but I am Reborn Episode 17 and I tried to get on online play to Wonder Trade but it was telling me I can't unless because I need to get the lastest version of the game. Would that be episode 18? Or was there an update for episode 17 that I didn't notice. Because I did download Pokemon Reborn I'd aay about a month ago so I'm pretty sure I have the lastest verison for episode 17 at least. And if I do need to install episode 18 will my save file still be there? Please help.

6 hours ago, smittywerben said:

Do I need to restart my playthrough? I started off with Ep. 16 and reached Agate Circus, but I heard Ep.17 was coming out, so I waited patiently to play my favorite fan game (which is this one duh) until the new episode, then redid my playthrough. and I'm about to take on Amaria's Gym but I'm debating with myself whether I should restart my whole playthrough again just to re-experience the game's new features but I've clocked in dozens of hours in my current playthrough. ((Dilemma intensifies.))

Also, has anyone here tried using mods in this release? I'm currently using a mod that makes TMX's available to use as long as I have the badge, so none in my team actually learned these TMx's. 

Nah. Episode 17 added in all the Gen. VII Pokemon, which resulted in major changes earlier in the game. The changes early in the game here are minimal. If you want to restart I'd honestly just wait until Episode 19 comes out and the game is finished. Just keep playing for Episode 18.

And it depends on the mod. In general no, they won't work (properly at least) due to changes. The TMX mod however has already been updated for Episode 18, so just download the new one and you'll be fine.

24 minutes ago, vincepokemaster said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I am Reborn Episode 17 and I tried to get on online play to Wonder Trade but it was telling me I can't unless because I need to get the lastest version of the game. Would that be episode 18? Or was there an update for episode 17 that I didn't notice. Because I did download Pokemon Reborn I'd aay about a month ago so I'm pretty sure I have the lastest verison for episode 17 at least. And if I do need to install episode 18 will my save file still be there? Please help.

Yes to the second, and probably the first as well. Episode 18 is out now, and you'll need to download it off the first page. When you start it up it will automatically keep going from your last save in Episode 17, but updated with all the new Episode 18 stuff. Going back will not work however once you save in Episode 18 (probably.)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wcv said:

Nah. Episode 17 added in all the Gen. VII Pokemon, which resulted in major changes earlier in the game. The changes early in the game here are minimal. If you want to restart I'd honestly just wait until Episode 19 comes out and the game is finished. Just keep playing for Episode 18.

thanks, earl

17 minutes ago, dirtlord said:

According to the obtainable list poiple is obtainable anyone know how to get it.

Spoiler

Poipole is the final reward for a rather long sidequest - that quest is currently bugged in the community release, however you better start catching some pokemon if you want to attempt it 😛

19 minutes ago, dirtlord said:

Also does anyone know where the extremely hard puzzle mentioned in the devblog is both new puzzles that I found were fairly easy

Spoiler

Initiate sidequest by talking to the lady in the house by the Agate pokemon centre. You'd have to be blind to not see where to go from what she tells ya, or at least to lose an eye along the way.

5 hours ago, smittywerben said:

thanks, earl

Jut note, earl isn't my name. Its just the title related to my posting. 😛

Same as your own at Fledgling.

Edited by wcv

** secret secret **

so, aah I'm the 3rd kind of person ame talked about and I know what's been added in new episode, so i'll be skipping this one and restart my play-through from ep19. I'll say that ep17 was a big update and ep18 added few less things.

Just now, ShadowQuilava said:

wait....so....for example....when the level cap is 30.....and a pokemn goes to level 31, we wont have to worry about the pokemon disobeying? unless its traded?

Only in the same battle it leveled up in.

When I enter the Byxbysion Wasteland, every turn in the encounters cause this error and when I battle Fern, once I knock out his first Pokemon, the whole battle bugs out, he doesn't thrown in another Pokemon and I'm trapped in mine, all I could do is just press moves and items, nothing happens.

Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_ActualScene:3403:in `pbFainted'
PokeBattle_Battler:1423:in `pbFaint'
PokeBattle_Battle:6160:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:6057:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:6057:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4439:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:4438:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:4438:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:4422:in `loop'

On 8/15/2018 at 10:17 AM, Xquila said:
  Hide contents

Poipole is the final reward for a rather long sidequest - that quest is currently bugged in the community release, however you better start catching some pokemon if you want to attempt it 😛

Hide contents

Initiate sidequest by talking to the lady in the house by the Agate pokemon centre. You'd have to be blind to not see where to go from what she tells ya, or at least to lose an eye along the way.

Spoiler

You mean the number puzzle? that was the easier of the two I've come across.

Finally got through the 3 consecutive hell battles, took me 2 days to finish and escape from the void. So now heading off to Agate City to finish Team Meteor then I'll have my gym battle against Hardy pretty soon...

Edited by ContestStarKarin281

question of curiosity regarding a specific battle in e18 and will be marked with ye olde spoiler as such just in case:  

Spoiler

when battling Cain/Shelly in the factory area or whatever it is when u go to stop team meteor from causing more ruckus outside calcenon i noticed shelly had a leavanny nicknamed after my character.............. is it always a leavanny or can it be something different? either way nice touch

Spoiler

Are Luna, Cain and Gardevoir dead? I doubt Luna is bcz she was like 'this is my world' to the mc before he returns and Gardevoir is a pokemon but Cain.... oh boy

Also regarding the overlevelling during a battle thing, my Infernape overlevelled during the three battles (and it HAD to be against Luna where it was the only pokemon which was ever so slightly useful) and it started disobeying... wtf I thought it would be removed if overlevelled during battle

and yes, it overlevelled during the battle, not during the first battle

Edited by Type_Null