pokemon you hate for personal reasons

Samtale

^Never heard of pele's hair? It's actually a really neat and creative take if somewhat obscure. I kind of like it if only because I honestly dislike vanilla dugtrio and find it one of the most creatively defunct pokemon in existence.  Plus it's a steel type that's not quite the typical mold , a hipster steel pokemon at its finest.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:18 PM, Monochrome_Complex said:

^Never heard of pele's hair? It's actually a really neat and creative take if somewhat obscure. I kind of like it if only because I honestly dislike vanilla dugtrio and find it one of the most creatively defunct pokemon in existence.  Plus it's a steel type that's not quite the typical mold , a hipster steel pokemon at its finest.

oh boy, here we go

I agree that Pele's Hair is a neat concept, but making Alolan Duggy a Steel type is a terribly poor execution of it. Especially since its pokedex entries say it's an adaptation to survive better in volcanic regions. Guess what: Steel only makes it weaker to Ground and Fire, two types most associated with volcanoes, and two types regular Duggy is not weak to.  Aesthetically, it is absolutely hideously executed.

And from a function perspective, it's asinine: Alolan Duggy loses Arena Trap, just about the only niche duggy had going for it, and instead gains a Gooey clone which is near-useless on a creature with paper-thin bulk. It's also one of the worst Steel type additions in general, making even less sense and use than Alolan Sandslash or Lucario. And it's by no means a unique concept, since we already have a Ground/Steel mole pokemon (and one which is loads better designed, makes much more sense and is far more useful) in the form of Excadrill.

Alolan Duggy couldve been much better if it was a Rock type. Rock/Ground is a fantastic offensive type, and we sorely need a fast, offensive representative that can play to the type's strengths, instead of the parade of slow, lumbering, exploitable pokemon that we currently have of that type combination. Dugtrio would enjoy STAB Stone Edge and the added situational benefits, plus the combo makes much more sense as a volcanic adaptation. Pele's hair, being a form of volcanic glass, resonates much better with the more mineral-like Rock typing than a Steel typing.

Also imagine how sick Dugtrio wouldve looked with hair like dreadlocks or braids made of rocks, instead of a dumb blonde wig set. Alolan Duggy was just a massive failure overall.

you know , before coming to this thread ive been pretty unbiased when it comes to anything pokemon. i literally loved everyone ok!!!

so i looked up the national dex and it was going pretty well

un t i L I SAW THESE a̙̪͈̦͔̝͜b̡͙S̛O̰̮̪̩̹͞L̯͚̝͚͈̩͡U̴̗͈̹̫T͏̠̮̪̥̭̯E̴͔̠͖͕̱̩ ͙C͘ ̮̮̝͈̖͝L̰̰̤̣̣̟̻ ̼̻O͔̱̠̟ ̪̲̻̪̗W̜̲̹͍͙ ͇̲̣͎N̴̠̙̩͇̻ ̰̞̕ͅS͠

Throh  sprite from Black & WhiteSawk  sprite from Black & White

theres even nothing really deep about it . i hate them. their designs make me uncomfortable and theyre ugly as shit holy f

anyway never bring any of these abominations to my attention ever again. gen 5 is ruined for me goodbye (not really the entire region but its on thin fucking ice)

The Digimon I hate the most for personal reasons is Patamon I hate that stupid yellow flying pig I jus- wait what do you mean this is a Pokemon list?

The Pokemon I hate the most is Emolga. I don't know, its just so annoying to look at. I imagine it to have the same personality as Nermal from Garfield.And I hate,no,I despise Nermal.

• 3 weeks later...

Chatot just Chatot.........I hate it I hate it I HATE IT!!!!!!

Everytime I face one it had chatter which ALWAYS confused my Pokémon I HATE IT because I can never get a fast Pokémon to beat it in one hit in Pokémon fan games Manyliy Desolation I couldn’t beat the 2 gym it took me like 5 try I believe because of that Chatot because of that I will FOREVER HATE CHATOT!!! 

22 hours ago, Zane0144 said:

Burmy and wormadam. Because my favorite type is bug and this thing has zero redeeming qualities and I hate it for bringing shame to the type. Mothim is okay 

Fun Fact: Ssandy Wormadam can learn the move Fissure lol

Most of you hate pokemon for reasons that may be the playstyle, the phisical aspect, or a single event related to the game. My case is a bit different

I HATE GARDEVOIR.

Edit: I have canceled the reasons because I can't tell them, too risky. They were about a girl. I was REAAALLY in love with her. I mean... I'm a bit crazy, it was just so much from me. This was a waste of energy and time. A waste for my life. Now finally I feel like I might be free... to live without this obsession. I have to thank my friends for this. I also have to thank reborn. A full year passed, I have to restart from the beginning

But I still hate Gardevoir

Edited by Lorisaur

Bewear : fock bewear , i'm still doing nightmares because of that Marianette fight in rejuvenation lel.

Chesnaught : chespin is the only starter from pokemon i never trained , cause i cannot stand chesnaught idk , i hate his design and the double type grass/fight doesn't attract me.

Cofagrigus : this one is almost impossible to OS , and when you don't managed to OS him he is ofc spaming toxic/will-o-wisp into protect , or even his passive is annoying against physical mons. 

Wobbufet : same as cofagrigus , almost impossible to OS thanks to the amount of HP he has , and then i'm always scared of counter , mirror coat and destiny bound.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Relinquished

I used to hate many pokemon... Typical useless ones, especially in older generations (that good moves/abilities weren't available to lots of pokemon yet), or badly designed newer ones, such as those of gen 5...

Reborn, though, made me reconsider, even like, those that i used to hate before! I like the sprites/artwork in this game and most importantly, their functionality, which honestly thrilled me (hello Garbodor, Vanilluxe, etc)!

No more hate, only love! ❤️ 

• 2 months later...

There is only ONE Pokemon I hate through out Pokemon....

FU*KING GRAVELER!!

I hate how bland it's design is to me. it's a stupid boulder with four arms and a dumbass smug face. HOW ORIGINAL! Everytime I go into a cave, I dread having to see this asswhipe either exploding in my face when I just want to get past the cave. I'd honest rather be bombarded with Golbats than deal with one Graveler (and I love the annoying bat family).

Looks like I have a prophecy to fulfill.

Spoiler

image.png.310b6cf5a7e41008301fbb3ee3fbe30c.png

Just looking at this thing makes me want to use a pufferfish as a toothbrush. But it gets worse when this thing is awake.

Spoiler

image.png.86f27d340e31d1af7b261a82d914aff1.png

Thank god it doesn't get Insomnia.

It's based on a Baku, a mythological tapir-like creature from Japan that devours nightmares but it just seems to create them to be honest.

BUT WAIT! A terrifying two-staged psychic type based on the baku? Where have I heard the exact same thing before?

Spoiler

image.png.83aa80f53a588ef73c9fb4c4b5ca5f0e.png

I've heard people complaining that all Pokemon from generation 5 are ripped of from generation 1 which I personally disagree with but this is an absolute disgrace of an exception.

ALSO in my favorite Pokemon spin-off, Pokemon Conquest (good underrated game btw you should check it out) the only move Munna can learn is Hypnosis which makes it an absolute fuccin tool to evolve when completing this game's version of the Pokedex.

Why do people pick on Garbodor when we have this thing flying around my beloved Unova?

I am not fond of this tapir : (

9 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Incineroar. The very Prospect of it making it into Smash Bros makes me feel sick. 

It's made even worse when people on gamefaqs try shoving it in my face. I've accepted that he's in, so please shut up.

Uh, I understand how you feel. For me it was a bit the same as I hate Gardevoir, but luckly less people talk about her than Incineroar. However many pokemon would be cooler than both

On 7/1/2018 at 12:22 PM, Zane0144 said:

Burmy and wormadam. Because my favorite type is bug and this thing has zero redeeming qualities and I hate it for bringing shame to the type. Mothim is okay 

I used to be with you on this one, but one day I was doing some random battles on Showdown and I had a Wormadam Trash on my team. Let me set the scene a little bit here. My opponent had a Kyreum, a Moltres, and a Mega Metagross to go along with their other 3 mons. I had rocks up and had burned the Metagross so I was obviously not in a bad spot at all, which honestly makes what this Wormadam did all the more impressive to be because she didn't need to. But this ugly pink thing that literally goes around putting garbage on itself pulled the fuck up. This thing ate up Dracos and gyro balled the Kyreum to death. This thing ate up EQs and stalled the Mega Metagross to death. And then the Moltres came out. Wormadam was not fazed. This trash loving bug dodged multiple fire blasts and hit double protects en route to toxic stalling a Moltres and being at 100% health by the end of it. I have swept with mons like Magcargo, Furret, and Shedinja. I have stalled people out with mons like Alolamola, Maractus, and Shuckle. I have even 6-0'd someone with a Dunsparce (it had Glare, Roost, Coil, Body Slam, and my opponent didn't have a ghost). But never in my wildest dreams would a Wormadam Trash have pulled up like that. Burn or not. Rocks or not. There was no reason for this Wormadam to do what she did. But she did!

There is however one mon that is irredeemable to me. My first Pokemon game was Sapphire and I loved it. To this day gen 3 is my favorite generation. Having said that, I think we can all agree that gen 3's story is not great. Or even good. The most aggravating part of the story for me as a kid came rather early. After you beat the first gym you have to get back some stolen goods. That's fine, whatever. Then when you get to the cave you need to go into this old former sailor named Mr. Briney stops you. Now don't me wrong I like Mr. Briney. But you try to walk in that cave and he stops you just to whine like a bitch about his Pokemon that just got stolen. Then you fight the dude that stole the goods and the mon and Mr. Briney's "darling" Pokemon that got stolen is a dumb ass Wingull. This made me dislike Wingull, but it did not land it on my hate list. I thought Wingull had potential. But eventually I got the HM for Surf and almost instantly I saw that potential go to waste. The first mon I encountered was a fucking Pelipper. I was so disappointed and I ran from it. Then I encountered it again. And again. And again, and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and againandagainandagainandagainandagainandagainandagain. I had to keep seeing this things ugly, garbage can of a face over and over again. Now pelicans are pretty ugly birds in the first place. Never liked them. And gulls are nasty. I used to see gulls pooping all over the McDonalds I went to a kid. As a kid my school sat just up hill from a lake (made for amazing sledding in the winter btw) and I used to watch loons on the water and eagles and hawks diving down for fish. But I cannot tell you how many times I saw a fucking pelican steal a fish from one of those birds of pray, or plop down onto the water and scare away the beautiful loons. Now I'm from Minnesota so the loon is my state's bird and I have thus always liked them. So every time that I saw one of those garbage can for a mouth pelicans scare away the loons it made me mad and I hated them for it. Pelipper checked off so many boxes for me, and it has earned itself a special place in the furthest depths of Hell.

Clearly I have issues. And while Reborn has made me appreciate so many mons that I otherwise had no opinion of or no love for, there will always be one exception...

Image result for pelipper pokemon sapphire

THIS WHORE

On 10/3/2018 at 12:50 PM, lifesapity said:

d1e960bc0a97e8f84322111d82ab9392f306947d

One word to describe this atrocity.

Hide contents

Why...

This game made me hate it even more from the number I see in wondertrade due to the machine that gives these out.

I Wondertraded the one from the event... So yeah, I don't hate it but yeah...

Besides common mons (Tentacools, Wingulls too fast to flee from them unscathed, zubats, the zubat expy from Uranium with poison gas...) I don't think I actually hate a pokémon... Except Meganium. Maybe the whole Meganium's line. I can't stand it, I can catch them and evolve them from completion purposes but their designs seem so lame to me, and their whole concept look so boring, I can't find them any redeeming qualities, and, well, I find them ugly.