Version -1 | Where Love Lies

Jan

30 minutes ago, DarkMasterKendall said:

how were you able to trigger the scene of taelia and the bandits?

I guess I'll be the first to just plain post it here since everybody else seems to be avoiding it for some reason. I don't even get why since it's not even a spoiler as it's just telling people where to go in order to proceed with the game. I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway but here's the big mystery solved.

Spoiler

There are 2 prerequisites for the true ending. You need all 18 Pokemon (14 in by the end of chapter 2 and there is a Gabite in a cave behind the waterfall on the path to the meteor) and to trigger the Taelia scene. To trigger the scene, just walk into the cave west of Taelia's house and then exit it to the north right BEFORE going into her house to find out she's been kidnapped by the bandits. This should be right after you go to the Meteor the first time. When you exit the cave, Kenneth says that it's getting dark and then just play through the story as usual. There are no new scenes other than the one where you rescue her from the bandits until the final ending.

There. If me posting this simple clear and spoiler free (if you played through the regular route) instruction lessens anyone's experience of the game in ANY way then I don't even fucking know. And it's not like the trigger is intuitive or fun to look for by any stretch of the imagination. You're all welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Gheist said:

I guess I'll be the first to just plain post it here since everybody else seems to be avoiding it for some reason. I don't even get why since it's not even a spoiler as it's just telling people where to go in order to proceed with the game. I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway but here's the big mystery solved.

Hide contents

There are 2 prerequisites for the true ending. You need all 18 Pokemon (14 in by the end of chapter 2 and there is a Gabite in a cave behind the waterfall on the path to the meteor) and to trigger the Taelia scene. To trigger the scene, just walk into the cave west of Taelia's house and then exit it to the north right BEFORE going into her house to find out she's been kidnapped by the bandits. This should be right after you go to the Meteor the first time. When you exit the cave, Kenneth says that it's getting dark and then just play through the story as usual. There are no new scenes other than the one where you rescue her from the bandits until the final ending.

There. If me posting this simple clear and spoiler free (if you played through the regular route) instruction lessens anyone's experience of the game in ANY way then I don't even fucking know. And it's not like the trigger is intuitive or fun to look for by any stretch of the imagination. You're all welcome.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH

No one in this thread specified that

Spoiler

it needed to be before she gets kidnapped

OK now I have something easier to do than picking my starter for a new run, THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN

21 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Hide contents

I can't thank you enough for posting this, I've stopped trying to get it a few days ago.  Thanks a lot.

4 hours ago, DaveLovesKrave said:

Anyone know where to go in the ice cave in chapter 4? I've explored the cave and can't find where to go. Has it got something to do with rock climb?

Yup. Empoleon has rock climb and you will have to use rock climb at the end. Save and be ready for an awesome smackin' battle.

1) Wonderfully done @Jan. I'm seriously impressed, you've come so far in all these years :)

2) I got the true ending but I see some people talking about some sort of code? I must have missed it, can someone please post it? Something something GDC building??

3) I know the capsule keys are bugged, but what were they supposed to do?

@Seehan

Spoiler

After you get the true ending the game gives you a code to input into the main game in order to get a shiny Riolu. Are you sure you got the true ending? The red haired woman shows up again to explain things to Keta and there's another scene with Aelita in the future right before she sets off on her new journey.

If you saw this and still missed the code you could just load up your save file and get it again but it was posted in the completionist guide thread so you can find it there.

I'm doing my second run to get the true ending. Can anyone guide me as to what are all the conditions for it and where exactly can I meet them??

On 3/29/2018 at 5:53 PM, Gheist said:

Hide contents

That's because the true ending IS a spoiler. You don't need to do the extra bit of the game to finish it, it is an additional bit and therefore it IS a spoiler.

That's why I myself have been avoiding telling people how to do the cutscene.

• Hmm 1

On 3/31/2018 at 3:54 AM, BRS swag said:

Yup. Empoleon has rock climb and you will have to use rock climb at the end. Save and be ready for an awesome smackin' battle.

Thanks for the reply. The problem I had was that when I climbed the waterfall and went down the ladder next to the girl that talks about Berry Forrest at the top of the waterfall I subconsciously ignored that gaping cave entrance at the bottom because I was tired haha. I revisited it just now and realised straight away.

32 minutes ago, DaveLovesKrave said:

Thanks for the reply. The problem I had was that when I climbed the waterfall and went down the ladder next to the girl that talks about Berry Forrest at the top of the waterfall I subconsciously ignored that gaping cave entrance at the bottom because I was tired haha. I revisited it just now and realised straight away.

Yeah. That happens. It actually happened once while playing firered to me

5 hours ago, Lone Wanderer Jordan said:

That's because the true ending IS a spoiler. You don't need to do the extra bit of the game to finish it, it is an additional bit and therefore it IS a spoiler.

The fact that a true ending exists isn't a spoiler because Jan says it exists in his OP post. The CONTENTS of the true ending would be a spoiler which is why I didn't say anything about them. How to GET the true is not a spoiler because it's just a guide. Simple instructions just like when someone asks where they need to go next because they don't remember some dialogue or where a certain place is.

Also, I wouldn't call it an "extra" part since it says right in the name that it's the TRUE ending. It's the one you're suppose to see to get the full experience.

The most important part however is that the prerequisite is SO random and non intuitive that NOT telling people would be the absurd thing to do. You have to go to a completely random place at a completely random and very SPECIFIC time (half the people who got it by chance didn't even know when exactly they did this) with ZERO in game hints or help.

One way it could have been done is an extra cut scene where Kenneth says something like: "I kinda want to take a break at the beach to gather my thoughts but I probably should be going back to Taelia to let her know what I've found." and maybe another monologue of him thinking about something like his family before saying that it's getting dark. You could make this only appear after you've already gotten the regular ending. Another way is a straight up message at the end of the regular ending telling you that there is another ending and then giving you some hint. It could be like in Kagetsu Tooya where every time you get a bad end they offer you the option to choose between a small hint and a big hint so each player can

play according to their preferences. People who want to run around for 5 hours exploring every area in between every single cut scene can do that and the rest of us can be told where to go, get our ending and move on with our lives. Note that many of us just gave up looking (me after 3 hours) and opted to wait for someone to tell us anyway.

Lastly, that's what spoiler tags are for. If you don't want to be "spoiled", don't open them. Simple. Now I'm done.

• Hmm 1
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

I noticed in the fight against the Regis, if you lose that battle, you get sent back to the place where Taelia gets thrown into the hole and you will get stuck on a wall and you can't move. I had to reload my save and make sure I didn't lose that battle.

6 hours ago, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

The Union ID badge isn't showing up when I use the itemfinder in Chapter 1. Anyone else having this problem?

Can you still collect it? If not, talk to the union worker again after talking to the person who asks you for the ID so he can give you a Pokemon. Then try collecting it again.

• Like 1