Version 10 | Remember, I love You / Where Love Lies

Jan

On 17/3/2018 at 11:12 PM, Jan said:

Pokemon Rejuvenation | Where Love Lies: Download not available until Friday, March 23rd

So... is it available or not?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm confused

23 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

So... is it available or not?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm confused

Remember, I love you is the main version that is downloadable as of now.

Where Love Lies is an unrelated episode that details how Keta fell in love with Taelia. It isn't available right now, but It will on March 23rd.

• Thanks 1

From what I could get after playing this version is that Aelita is another of the 4 Lights. The latter that I mentioned is only a speclation

With that we have: 

Light prophecy - Melia (Confirmed),Aelita (Confirmed)

Dark prophecy - Ren (Betrayal), Lorna (Don't know which one she represents, but Pure Evil is most likelly)

Is it possible to add the older outfits back as possible switches for the game. I feel like we lost some cool clothes especially for the Pink Haired Char set but I like the new outfits a lot too, I think they look too similar though

1 hour ago, Mytic27 said:

Welp that's... Suprising...

Venam is definitely Gay for Melia, though. This version kinda confirmed it, If Venam carrying Melia Bridal Style through Angie's domain in V5 wasn't enough. 

And the best part is that I don't ship them. Not at all. Fern x My fists, Alice x Luna, and Amelia x Lilith are the only couples I actually somewhat ship, and even then, I don't make Bad Fanfictions of this sort of thing.

For those who wants to keep exploring this version,there is a way to get another Zygarde Cell, the Grass Memory and take the researcher that was blocking our path near Amethist cave.

Edited by AzureC

Spoiler

I'm going to be straightforward and honest.

Note that all I say here now is purely on the Normal/Regular difficulty.

The Gym Leader battle, in my honest opinion, is one of the worst designed battles in all of Rejuvenation so far.

The combination of field, Tailwind (That, by the way, you have no way of stopping from going up.) and, most damningly, Strong Winds, means that you are extremely limited on options.

You can't out-offense Souta because of the Strong Winds. You can't reliably survive against Souta either because of field-boosted Sky Attack's and Hurricane's, which can also flinch or confuse you, adding another layer of cheapness to the battle.

Bringing Steel and Rock-types is of only debatable usefulness, the former because of Scald, Surf, Thunder and Heat Wave. The latter due to Scald, Surf and Steel Wing. You are literally forced into bringing resistances, even if you did not have any, and even then you are more or less forced to bring exactly Electric-types. And even then, they can't do much back and lose in the long-term to field-boosted Hurricanes.

Also, I am pretty sure that, if you did not capture a Pokemon with Cloud Nine before entering the GDC Area post-Erick, I am pretty sure you cannot get a Pokemon with Cloud Nine whatsoever.

Meaning you are either forced to spam items or get extraordinarily lucky, or go out of your way to basically train up an entirely new team.

For one battle. On Normal difficulty.

There is an easy way to fix this battle and make it somewhat more fair: Make it so that Souta's Strong Winds only show up in Intense Mode. As far as I am aware, Amber only gets Sun on Intense mode. You honestly want to tell me that Amber getting Sun is worse than Souta getting four extra resistances or so to every single one of his Pokemon?

7 minutes ago, Anstane said:
  Hide contents

I'm going to be straightforward and honest.

Note that all I say here now is purely on the Normal/Regular difficulty.

The Gym Leader battle, in my honest opinion, is one of the worst designed battles in all of Rejuvenation so far.

The combination of field, Tailwind (That, by the way, you have no way of stopping from going up.) and, most damningly, Strong Winds, means that you are extremely limited on options.

You can't out-offense Souta because of the Strong Winds. You can't reliably survive against Souta either because of field-boosted Sky Attack's and Hurricane's, which can also flinch or confuse you, adding another layer of cheapness to the battle.

Bringing Steel and Rock-types is of only debatable usefulness, the former because of Scald, Surf, Thunder and Heat Wave. The latter due to Scald, Surf and Steel Wing. You are literally forced into bringing resistances, even if you did not have any, and even then you are more or less forced to bring exactly Electric-types. And even then, they can't do much back and lose in the long-term to field-boosted Hurricanes.

Also, I am pretty sure that, if you did not capture a Pokemon with Cloud Nine before entering the GDC Area post-Erick, I am pretty sure you cannot get a Pokemon with Cloud Nine whatsoever.

Meaning you are either forced to spam items or get extraordinarily lucky, or go out of your way to basically train up an entirely new team.

For one battle. On Normal difficulty.

There is an easy way to fix this battle and make it somewhat more fair: Make it so that Souta's Strong Winds only show up in Intense Mode. As far as I am aware, Amber only gets Sun on Intense mode. You honestly want to tell me that Amber getting Sun is worse than Souta getting four extra resistances or so to every single one of his Pokemon?

Spoiler

Yea I had that shit on Intense, and that battle definitely had a lot of cheese to it lol, I had to bring back an OG member, being Ampahros just to beat him. The attacks are so powerful setting up screens barely helped. Dealing with the tailwind, strong winds boost, and hax made this a hellish battle. Definitely shouldn't be a part of the the easier modes.

52 minutes ago, Milotic said:
  Hide contents

Yea I had that shit on Intense, and that battle definitely had a lot of cheese to it lol, I had to bring back an OG member, being Ampahros just to beat him. The attacks are so powerful setting up screens barely helped. Dealing with the tailwind, strong winds boost, and hax made this a hellish battle. Definitely shouldn't be a part of the the easier modes.

Spoiler

I agree. I didn't think a boss fight in these types of games could get much more broken than Tristan using Mega Lopunny In Desolation, until this gym battle. Souta definitely needs to be balanced. Nerf him to Oblivion.

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Milotic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Member of staff here + one of the people that does balancing. 

Souta was too much in several stages of testing and his current state has been after in turn, several nerfs. Strong Winds gives him a MASSIVE buff yes, and we are looking at the fight again.

That being said I do genuinely feel the counterplay here is being understated. Electric types hard wall Dragonite and Skarmory, some of his biggest threats. Rock types wall his ace, Pidgeot in turn. Steel types combine aspects from both. Those 3 are some of his biggest damage dealers. Swanna is unique in that defensive counterplay is harder to find, but in turn it's easy to kill due to it's comparably low bulk. The tailwind isn't particularly hard to stall out from personal experiences. Skarmory isn't hard to find checks to and you can basically wait out most of the tailwind turns on it. This turns most of his team bar Pidgeot into simply generally bulky hard hitters instead of juggernauts in every aspect. 

Strong Electric moves like Thunderbolt and Thunder still essentially deal super effective damage between the field boost and the STAB boost. Most Electric types get one or the other and Thunder in particular has a juicy 30% chance to paralyse, something that can be -very- advantageous. 

Moves like Smack Down(The TM of which is available and some Pokemon get it via level up), Gravity and Ingrain can all bring it down the to the mountain field, where his Sky Attacks aren't as easily spammable. 

Stealth Rock, a move that many rock types can get early on, cripples most of his team upon entry. From personal experience it also makes most of the team much more bearable thanks to reduced bulk. 

Finally, something that went COMPLETELY unmentioned in that post up there is how amazing flying types of your own are on there. Similarly from personal experience and having seen other people beat the fight, Flying types put in a LOT of work, taking advantage of the strong winds themselves and the power boost to flying moves. Talonflame, Crobat, Staraptor,Oricorio, the list of good flying types goes on. In fact his only real checks for most are Skarmory and Dragonite if Multiscale is in tact. The double edged sword part in the gym guide is true, just in the wrong way in my eyes.

Segueing onto a related topic. 

This is the start of late game in my eyes and I feel that between the amount of options available to the player, the amount of items, the easy grinding means that in my eyes, the conditions of the fights can start getting harsher. I can somewhat see why people might think Souta is too much and as I said, we'll be looking over the fight again, but do note that as the amount of variety the player gets increases, the chance for consistently difficult boss fights decreases which is something we're trying not to have happen too much. The Sun on Amber isn't there on reg mode because that's just about midgame, having an instant offensive boost on top of a field is absolutely too much there, whereas Souta is late game, where making consistently difficult fights is harder. The difference in context explains the reasoning's behind one not having it in regular mode and the other doing so.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Dave9 said:

As someone who played V10, you'll really enjoy it. Btw, the black male MC sprite is absolutely amazing, the breeder look wasn't great in my opinion. Rejuvenation has come a long way and now I really want to restart again but I have work to do and next weekend I or should I say we have a game to play with some juicy info about someone

yeah i completely restarted lol. you're right, it is!! 

just finished the ep...

holy shit that was good, how much details we discovered and gained, but still how many questions we've gotten and have remained

im already looking forward to the next ep but for now, take a good rest

this update was nice on the story the main character and friends got many reveals and also felt madame x was gud but because of something she is bad now.

P.s only thing didn't like was i felt this update was small

I defeated Souta easily with only jolteon LOL I just spammed thunder wave and healed jolteon between using discharge.

EDIT: Souta was much much easier for me then V8 Angie who I beat on 10th try only... Maybe you should have given Souta some unique wind move like Angie's cold kiss or whatever it was called

2 hours ago, Azeria said:
  Hide contents

Member of staff here + one of the people that does balancing. 

Souta was too much in several stages of testing and his current state has been after in turn, several nerfs. Strong Winds gives him a MASSIVE buff yes, and we are looking at the fight again.

That being said I do genuinely feel the counterplay here is being understated. Electric types hard wall Dragonite and Skarmory, some of his biggest threats. Rock types wall his ace, Pidgeot in turn. Steel types combine aspects from both. Those 3 are some of his biggest damage dealers. Swanna is unique in that defensive counterplay is harder to find, but in turn it's easy to kill due to it's comparably low bulk. The tailwind isn't particularly hard to stall out from personal experiences. Skarmory isn't hard to find checks to and you can basically wait out most of the tailwind turns on it. This turns most of his team bar Pidgeot into simply generally bulky hard hitters instead of juggernauts in every aspect. 

Strong Electric moves like Thunderbolt and Thunder still essentially deal super effective damage between the field boost and the STAB boost. Most Electric types get one or the other and Thunder in particular has a juicy 30% chance to paralyse, something that can be -very- advantageous. 

Moves like Smack Down(The TM of which is available and some Pokemon get it via level up), Gravity and Ingrain can all bring it down the to the mountain field, where his Sky Attacks aren't as easily spammable. 

Stealth Rock, a move that many rock types can get early on, cripples most of his team upon entry. From personal experience it also makes most of the team much more bearable thanks to reduced bulk. 

Finally, something that went COMPLETELY unmentioned in that post up there is how amazing flying types of your own are on there. Similarly from personal experience and having seen other people beat the fight, Flying types put in a LOT of work, taking advantage of the strong winds themselves and the power boost to flying moves. Talonflame, Crobat, Staraptor,Oricorio, the list of good flying types goes on. In fact his only real checks for most are Skarmory and Dragonite if Multiscale is in tact. The double edged sword part in the gym guide is true, just in the wrong way in my eyes.

Segueing onto a related topic. 

This is the start of late game in my eyes and I feel that between the amount of options available to the player, the amount of items, the easy grinding means that in my eyes, the conditions of the fights can start getting harsher. I can somewhat see why people might think Souta is too much and as I said, we'll be looking over the fight again, but do note that as the amount of variety the player gets increases, the chance for consistently difficult boss fights decreases which is something we're trying not to have happen too much. The Sun on Amber isn't there on reg mode because that's just about midgame, having an instant offensive boost on top of a field is absolutely too much there, whereas Souta is late game, where making consistently difficult fights is harder. The difference in context explains the reasoning's behind one not having it in regular mode and the other doing so.

Spoiler

Normal player here, he was frustrating at first, but it was mainly due to my own faults in underestimating his team, and lack of proper strategy, I think his difficulty is really overstated, like Azeria says, Stealth Rocks and resistances are incredibly useful in this fight, and can turn the tide fairly quickly. I don't think he really needs to be nerfed, but maybe give the player a little more options, like maybe a Thunderbolt TM through a sidequest or some more pokemon added into some areas, as I recall I don't think too many were introduced in this episode, being mainly plot related locations that you'll visit once or so.

• Upvote 1

I actually think they should just rebalance Souta a bit. He is not that strong but I find this battle kinda.... meh :/ I think they should remove tailwind and add some OP made up flying move to his pokemon. And maybe change some pokemon. I was playing on normal difficulty and I felt there were so much better options for his pokemon

Edited by Alex
please remember to keep v10 spoilers in spoiler tags!

Spoiler

Honestly, my main issue with Souta is that he practically forces you to bring counters. For all other leaders up to this point, they helped make the battles easier, but they never felt necessary. Souta, meanwhile, feels like stuff like Stealth Rocks and multiple resistances are absolutely required for victory. That is where the crux of my main issue lies. It feels too punishing for teams that don't have Flying resistances, Stealth Rocks or Flying-types of their own. As I said, it can feel like you have to train up a completely new team from scratch just for this battle.

Spoiler

Yeah I understand what you are saying. They just need to change up his team a bit so they have some nice secondary counters. Also I literally had to train new team for Angie V8... I dont know if they changed her mons since then but she was absolutely devastating to me

okay kinda irrelevant but I need help. My old pc broke and i saved the files that I had on my saved games (all the games.rxdata from reborn,rejuvenation desolation etc) copied them in my new saved games file of my new pc but when I opened the rejuvenation exe my save file doesn't exist... there is only the new game option. Any ideas ? What am I doing wrong here?