[Epilogue] Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia [Town Win]

Daniel Blackworth

Hmm... it seems like the vote is between Venus and Eviora.

Right now, both are equally suspicious in my eyes, but I feel like I get more potential information out of seeing what allegiance Venus holds, so atm that's where my vote is going.

[Eliminate] Venus

If more information comes to light, I am more than willing to change this.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venus is acting scummy, but nothing has changed in my case. Dive’s role description was along the lines of “often getting attention, usually negative, and full of bold good intentioned statements that seemed “scummy”

Edit: Also, have we all forgotten that Venus claims to have information. We should extract it from him before we kill him at the least. 

Edited by DigitalAmber
More info

Guest Sparkin'
43 minutes ago, Eviora said:

You may have forgotten, but I know how to win games as mafia.

Quite the bragging character, aren't ya?

42 minutes ago, Alistair said:

As of now, Venus, your eagerness to peg someone as a probable maf without any proof, combined with accusing another player of disrupting the balance of votes when you blatantly did that yourself first, gives off extremely scummy vibes in my eyes.

43 minutes ago, Eviora said:

You may have forgotten, but I know how to win games as mafia. It's certainly not by participating in little scenes like this. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm merely a townie who'd rather condemn you than herself.

original.gif

You're both wrong

First, I'll point my finger of suspicion at Alistair. In fact, Alistair voting me is what makes Eviora being Lumina or Valiant even more truthful.

If we skip to a previous post of Alistair, he had seen my vote on Lord Drakyle but hadn't voted me, not until Eviora voted.

Alistair following Eviora's vote, even knowing that I voted Drakyle before means that Alistair and Eviora are in the same team.

Secondly, Eviora. You know that just by saying it won't make us believe it's true, right?

I know many tactics of mafia, and certainly, "I wouldn't do "this" as mafia" is what a mafia says when the innocents prove a theory that's mostly correct.

You're getting way ahead of yourself just because you were the mastermind of one game. But it was that one game, and not this.

If you think that you're going to be the best at every game, you're wrong. Every game's different, and so, using the logic used in a game you played before is wrong.

Also, @DigitalAmber, you of all people should know what's going on :(

Guest Sparkin'

*sigh* Can't a single game happen without me being the center of attention?

Well, whatever. I could give you the information, but the evil me says I can't for obvious reasons: my death.

Seeing as it doesn't seem like I can change the votes on me, I'll just say farewell.

Goodluck. With the way things turned out today, you'll need it.

Edited by Sparkin'

Seeing as Eviora broke the truce vote, it's clear we'll be lynching someone today. But who to vote is the real question now, I don't really see Venus as innocent or suspicious here. Eviora is the only one I see as sketchy, focusing to eliminate someone right away? Sounds like something a mafia member would want to do as they win when they outnumber the town.

Also, mafia is a game which games are meant to be fun if you ask me. Idk about you but that "You may have forgotten, but I know how to win games as mafia" is really narcissistic and rude imo.

Anyways, Eliminate - Eviora.

Guest Sparkin'

29 minutes ago, Hooligan said:

Venus is very good at speechcraft and dialogue as I've already seen. It seems he is trying to convince someone to believe on his lies and I think he really can convince a person very well with some theories, and this is what I think that makes him on my suspect list. Since this is what seems to be, I will vote for the Venus' death verdict. Sorry Venus. But yeah, it's good to know that you play very well.

[Eliminate] Venus

What? I'm a suspect for being good?

What kind of reason for vote is that?

Venus, even if Drakyle restored the vote tie, your move was definitevely suspicious; you shouldn't be surprised if someone attacked you for being suspicious.

Honestly, I think you're both right: it is true that the mafia may try to alter the balance (indeed, the votes are actually against you), but it is also true that mafia members shouldn't expose themselves so easily (what Eviora did).

Actually, I don't like the idea of the tie, since it doesn't give us any info on the enemy; by random voting, we have approximately 40% chance to get an enemy.

On a side note, you said "The cult is the enemy of all factions. Would you have me die and have all the teams be at disadvantage, with an enemy that can make even your friends into enemies?"

When did Dive say the third party works like the zombies?

In the end [Eliminate] Venus (but, since your reasoning was good, I'm looking at Eviora and Alistair)

However, if you (both Venus and Eviora) really want to prove you're town, I suggest that you (and then everyone) change your vote to yourselves.

And, before anyone shouts at me "You're not voting for yourself!!1!1!", I tell you that there are still 33 hours left and I will change my vote if everyone does it.

It's just that I don't think anyone will listen to me, so I'm just sparing myself another post to change the vote.

And don't complain if I won't answer you, I have to go to bed before the sun rises

So it seems that because of one vote everyone is taking a side now. I think I have to take one too. [Eliminate] Eviora. Between the two, she seems the most suspicious, for me at least. And about Venus, it seems every game he act like that and every game he is innocent (maybe he likes being lynched)

And I'll follow Corso's action. If everyone stops with this non sense I'll change my vote again.

Edited by Dark Rogue

So this might be useful or not but in came into mind when i read Venus's post where he said he has precious information about the cult

When Venus said that he had information on the cult, he could have meant several things. If we postulate that he is telling the truth, then he would have a role that gains information about the cult as soon as the game starts(is there a role like that?). Now comes a possibility,that he is the townie or that he is the cult leader himself, which naturally allows him to gain information about the cult. If he is lying, then he could possibly have a role that is vital for the townie's victory.

I feel that it is unlikely that Venus be the mafia considering that mafia could use the information and eliminate the cult themselves. But then again, this could be a mind game and he is trying to gamble to gain the trust of the townie.

Edit: Don't take what i wrote too seriously as it is only a sliver of of the myriads of assumption that could be made of Venus's post.

Edited by sosobean
Double posting

Well, Venus, you're right about one thing. I indeed believe Eviora and I are on the same team. And that's the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade team.

Of course, I have no proof that she is indeed a townie. But clearly you 2 aren't on the same side, and since I suspect you of being a maf, logically that means there is a fairly high chance for Eviora to not be one, if I'm going to be consistent in my thought process.

She could always on one of the maf teams, and you on the other, but that would be an extraordinary coincidence.

Edit: on the other hand, if you happen to be innocent, that means Eviora is most likely guilty, and in that case trust me, I'll have no problem voting her out next.

Edited by Alistair
added information about a potential next vote

Guest Sparkin'

At this point, it's clear that you and Eviora are together in this. And not in KotOA.

Edited by Sparkin'

I really hope venus is townie because of what im going to say

Right now there is no information, so killing someone at this point isnt a good idea. I will say this, venus is suspicious but that doesnt mean he is mafia. Killing him for that is doing the venus all over again (refering you getting lynched, being town but looking like a mafia member)

Eliminate - Anti_Hero

Edited by Anti_Hero

@Venus

Oh please. If Eviora and I really were part of the same mafia organization, do you think I would so unsubtly take her side in this little feud you 2 are having? Please give me a little more credit :P

First you assert that she is a maf with little to nothing to back your claim other than she voted for you, then you claim that I am her accomplice for suspecting you...

You know what, I'm actually starting to think that you could be a townie who's trying a bit too hard. In any case, I'd be surprised if the both of you were innocent. The mafia is certainly laughing their lungs out on the odd chance  that's the case.

Guest Sparkin'

Wrong again, and you did take her side subtly. And I'll say how.

When I voted Drakyle instead of myself, you saw me doing it, but you didn't vote me.

But now, that Eviora points it, you followed her vote. Why didn't you vote me before, and you vote me only after Eviora does?

I suggest y'all to eliminate Eviora and Alistair tomorrow, after my death shows you how wrong almost everyone was. The point that you and Eviora are partners is becoming more and more probable by each post I see.

Their alignment is not KotOA.

Edited by Sparkin'

sighs

@Venus alright then, if seem soooo convinced that Eviora and I are on the same team, how about we test your theory.

Everyone, let's vote Eviora.

If Eviora is lynched and is revealed to be maf, then I'll have no issue admitting that I was wrong, that Venus was right, and I'll bear the entire responsibility for this, including the very logical suspicion that I would be maf myself.

If on the other hand Eviora is revealed to be a townie, I do hope, Venus, that you understand it would put you in a tough spot regardless of your actual alignment.

[Unvote] Venus

[Eliminate] Eviora

UPDATE

You have around 23-24 hours left this phase - the phase has been extended due to readjusting my schedule. Do remember that you are required to post at least twice this phase and vote for someone.

Vote Tally:

Venus [5] - Lord Drakyle, Eviora, Corso, Hooligan, Roswell
Eviora [5] - Megagun, Dark Rogue, Alistair, Quinnox, Venus
Anti_Hero [1] - Anti_Hero
Paul25 [1] - Paul25
Digital Amber [1] - Digital Amber
Jace Stormkirk [1] - Jace Stormkirk
LykosHand [1] - LykosHand
Greninja [1] - Greninja
Not voted yet [7] - Seal, Sailboat, Yin, Sosobean, HongaarseBeer, EndearingCharacterTrait, Alphagar

Post Tally:

Venus - 14
Alistair - 9
Lord Drakyle - 8
Dark Rogue - 8
Roswell - 8
Digital Amber - 6
Eviora - 6
Hooligan - 4
Alphagar - 3
Jace Stormkirk - 3
LykosHand - 3
Yinyang9705 - 3
Sosobean - 3
Sailboat - 2
Megagun - 2
Anti_Hero - 2
Quinnox - 2
Corso - 2
Paul25 - 1
HongaarseBeer - 1
Greninja - 1
EndearingCharacterTrait - 1
Seal - 0

In honor of my role, I guess I'll just tell you guys everything I know.

My role is Paul25 (Agent). I'm allowed to send a message to the player of any specific role each night with Dive's help.

I have no idea how good that role actually is, but I was told Paul is an honest player who gives the town info even when it puts himself in danger, so I guess I'll stay true to that.

Now that I've roleclaimed, I wonder if Venus is willing to do the same.

So at the moment Venus and Evi are tied; conceivably it's still possible to pull a no lynch if we really think that's a good idea...I don't know if it is though. The original plan gave all the power to any given mafiosi to steal an easy day kill, though said person would then invite instant suspicion, which is of course why Evi is suspicious now.

Then again, this might have just been a move meant to subvert the ability we were giving the mafia(s?) 

Or maybe there was no plan, and it was just meant to create intrigue, cuz why not I guess. This one wouldn't be so strange. 

Just one more thing, in this game we don't initially know anything about what each role does, and we don't know which ones are being used either, so it's possible to fake both the role claim and the ability claim. Of course, there's the risk of being exposed by someone who actually has what you say you have...seems like Evi would only do that if she were indeed an enemy (or somehow benefits from dying, I suppose that is a possibility as well) 

All of this is speculation of course, y'all may consider it or not, that's your prerogative. 

This will be my vote:

[Eliminate] Eviora

But truth be told it's less that I think she's an enemy and more that I see more potential to get information from voting for someone. If we don't want to see either die it can be done, but would require some coordination. If I'm wrong I guess I'll have to eat these words though and there are a lot of them aren't there