[Epilogue] Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia [Town Win]

Daniel Blackworth

My role, which I posted above, in no way benefits from dying. And, for the record, I'm town, though, of course, I would say that regardless of my actual alignment. I mostly voted for Venus to spice up D1 and draw out information. Of course, I never intended on voting for myself, because if most everyone does so, we could quite easily have  one player execute whomever they want at the last minute. Of course, I could have waited until the end of D1 to vote, but that would have made me look even more like mafia than voting well in advance does.

Frankly speaking, if you townies decide to execute me, I can't say I'll be particularly bothered. I sort of expected that. The game is so new that I'm not yet invested in it. But you will be shooting yourselves in the foot.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if evi is saying the truth... Doesn't this mean there are mafia roles that aren't going on the mafia meetings?

:Thinking:

Well her roleclaim sounded believable to me at least although tbh im not quite sure how agent is really useful unless my first statement above counts. Which means the mafia also have some sort of informing role so that they can talk to their buddies who dont go to the meeting.(I don't even know if this is that kind of game) Well tldr its a confusion and rolecheck role lol. i never encountered that kind of role so i dont really know its exact mechanics pardon if i got it wrong.

Anyhow, token vote: cuz am not the type to go bandwagon unless no real choice.

Spoiler

[Eliminate]- Yinyang9705 

for starting bonfires in showdown :]

I dunno but something tells me im not quite off.

Vote Tally:

Eviora [7] - Megagun, Dark Rogue, Alistair, Quinnox, Venus, Yinyang9705, EndearingCharacterTrait
Venus [6] - Lord Drakyle, Eviora, Corso, Hooligan, Roswell, Sosobean
Anti_Hero [1] - Anti_Hero
Yinyang9705 [1] -  Sailboat
Paul25 [1] - Paul25
Digital Amber [1] - Digital Amber
Jace Stormkirk [1] - Jace Stormkirk
LykosHand [1] - LykosHand
Greninja [1] - Greninja
HongaarseBeer [1] - HongaarseBeer
Not voted yet [2] - Seal, Alphagar

Post Tally:

Venus - 14
Alistair - 9
Eviora - 9
Lord Drakyle - 8
Dark Rogue - 8
Roswell - 8
Digital Amber - 7
Hooligan - 7
Jace Stormkirk - 6
Yinyang9705 - 4
Sosobean - 4
Alphagar - 4
LykosHand - 3
Sailboat - 3
Quinnox - 3
Megagun - 2
Anti_Hero - 2
Corso - 2
HongaarseBeer - 2
Greninja - 2
EndearingCharacterTrait - 2
Paul25 - 1
Seal - 1

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia

Chapter One [Night]

Venus and the two Keepers fortunately reached Onyx Arcade Headquarters without any additional trouble. The three of them immediately visited Chancellor Divergent's office located in the deepest areas of the Arcade. In these times after all, they had to keep their activities secret, lest the enemies would pounce on them with all they've got.

"I heard you met some trouble?" Divergent inquired as soon as they entered the office.

"Yes. These two were met by Lumina Association's President while they were heading back here," Venus replied. "Fortunately, I was there to save the day!"

"My, my, they certainly have been bold in their actions recently. However, we still cannot incriminate them for their crimes as we have no solid evidence by which we can ensare them." Divergent calmly stated.

"I'm going to leave while you -"

"Escaping, are you? We haven't begun talking about how you acted without permission."

"Bu-but - I'm alright."

"Speak for yourself. You haven't recovered from your injuries yet." Divergent sighted Venus' limping foot. "You know there is a fine line between recklessness and bravery. As much as I trust you, you simply cannot leave HQ without orders, especially when quite a few of our members are doubting you despite your good intentioned actions. Still, you did some remarkable work, so all I ask is that you bring one or two of our new recruits such as Hooligan or Corso, who need some field training or if you're going hardline, you may use it as an opportunity to check their allegiances."

"But-"

"No buts. It is an order. Now go. I need to talk to the two." Divergent ordered as he asked Venus to leave the room.

"I see. I thank you for undertaking this investigation as it has helped us attain some level of information on the enemy." Divergent answered after he heard the two Keepers' report. "From this, I can conclude that Team Valiant has truly been responsible for those kidnapping incidents in Obsidia. Moreover, what's more shocking is that, there truly are traitors or spies within our organization from Lumina Association. They wouldn't have known this business unless someone within told them about it. There may be some moles from Team Valiant, as well, so we have to be careful. We shall take immediate action before we are destroyed inside."

Just then, Anti_Hero entered the room. "I'm sorry to interrupt Chancellor, but there has been a commotion inside the base."

"What is this?!" Divergent exclaimed when he saw the unconscious body, lying limp on the floor, in a massive pool of blood. He had easily identified the victim to be Paul25, one of the loyal Keepers. The cause of death was obviously a gun shot to the forehead and death was quick and instantateous.

Several Keepers were gathered in the area. They appeared to be in a state of angst, but they were continuously suppressed by some other Keepers, who weren't involved in the plight or preferred to not take a side.

Venus was in the center of the crowd, nearest to Paul25's body. Despite the suppression, yells of anger and despair were still heard.

"VENUS IS OBVIOUSLY THE MURDERER! HE KILLED PAUL! ESPECIALLY BECAUSE HE'S THE TRAITOR OF THIS ORGANIZATION"

"DAMN YOU! VENUS WOULDN'T DO THAT! AND HE'S NOT THE TRAITOR. HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE HIM OF MURDER AND BETRAYAL!"

"STOP YOUR LYING! HE WAS THE LAST PERSON PAUL TALKED TO AND HE CLEARLY HAD IT IN HIM TO KILL PAUL AFTER HE WAS ACCUSED!"

"HE'S NOT THE TYPE TO DO MURDER OF ALL CRIMES!"

"ALL CRIMINALS SAY THAT!"

"SILENCE!" Divergent ordered amidst all the noise. Nonwithstandingly, they all followed, perhaps because of obedience or they simply were exhausted of all the shrieking and yelling. "I know that there has been a lot of angst with the prospects of a traitor within the organization, but what I can tell you is that Venus could not have been the murderer of Paul. He was with me while the death occurred. We shall conduct an investigation of the circumstances of the murder. All of you, go to your resting places. We'll talk about this tomorrow."

The Keepers followed his orders, but certainly, an atmosphere of chaos and distrust was felt in the area. Never had it been such in all of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade's history.

"Ku ku ku." One of the 'Keepers' who left the area murmured. "Step 1 of the grand plan is completed. I must report this to Leader."

Divergent checked the body as soon as everyone left. He wept in silence to lose a good man, a man he had respected. Clearly, whoever was responsible for this would pay, even if it was someone who was close to him...

Eviora was lynched. She was Paul25, the Agent.

Dear Paul25,

You’re someone who’s quite honest when it comes to claiming. You’re someone who’s always been willing to share your information when it came to your role – even though it came with consequences. You’re honest because you care for the players, you care for the town, and this shows in your work. It’s kinda funny though how you manage to skip out on doing night actions sometimes, but it’s interesting to note how being honest has helped you all throughout. 

You are the Messenger of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade. As the Agent, you send an anonymous message to a specific role every night. You PM the message to me and I’ll send it to your intended recipient. You win when all the threats to town are eliminated.

》》》》》☆《《《《《

Chapter One [Night] has started. You have 24 hours to send in your Night Actions, if you have one. Strictly no commenting on the thread at this phase.

》》》》》☆《《《《《

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Characters:

Myrmidon Divergent as your Storyteller

1. Roswell as ???
2. Jace Stormkirk as ???
3. Lord Drakyle as ???
4. LykosHand as ???
5. Anti_Hero as ???
6. Hongaarse Beer as ???
7. Alistair as ???
8. Seal as ???
9. Paul25 as ???
10. Eviora as Paul25, the Agent [Lynched D1]
11. Digital Amber as Venus, the Celebrity
12. Corso as ???
13. Dark Rogue as ???
14. Venus as ???
15. Greninja as ???
16. Sailboat as ???
17. EndearingCharacterTrait as ???
18. Hooligan as ???
19. Megagun as ???
20. Quinnox as ???
21. Yinyang9705 as ???
22. Sosobean as ???
23. Alphagar as ???

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia

Chapter Two [Day]

"Oh dear." One of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade murmured as he saw the corpse, lying in the main entrance of the Headquarters of the slowly growing vigilante group. 

As one would easily discern, the dead person was Sosobean, who had seemed to have been stabbed again and again by an unknown person. Sosobean had been heralded as the Guardian of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade as he often lurked near the main gates and almost always had a shift in patrol duty in the group. He wasn't the type to do survey duty unlike Venus nor was he the type to do investigations like Divergent. He was more of the support type personalities in the group.

Seeing such a grotesque scene made the Keeper puke in despair and this scene wasn't merely a simple death. It signified that traitors had indeed infiltrated the group and were already starting to destroy the organization within. At this thought, the Keeper fainted in fear.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Coral Ward, Keepers who had gone out despite the warnings of Chancellor Divergent had found a scene that was quite unexpected. Upon further inspection of one of the warehouses in the area due to the foul smell, they found another corpse.

The body was identified to belong to a woman named Purplecicada, who apparently was one of the head honchos of Team Valiant. She appeared to have been poisoned as a can of Coke was left in the area and the woman seemed to choke after drinking the Coke. Perhaps Potassium Cyanide was placed upon the soda. They made notes of the scene and left immediately without taking the body, in fear of getting ambushed by one of the enemy organizations.

When they left, however, two groups of people visited the area. One group had a look of shock and disbelief while the other had a look of confused glee within them...

"Are you sure you're not gonna take a side, Young Master?" The servant asked while he served his master with a cup of tea.

"I'm not interested in such boring occurrences." The young master answered as he took a sip from his tea. He seemed composed and calm, for now, though he seemed to be annoyed for some reason. "I'd rather focus on my own interests rather than assist a group which might just betray me in the end. Moreover, I'd rather not invoke the wrath of those I oppose."

"That's a clever decision, Young Master." His servant spoke. "I shall support this decision of yours."

"The threat of a traitor within our ranks is indeed true." Chancellor Divergent announced to all the members of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade. "This hypothesis hasn't been proven before, but we now know that it is true because of yesterday's incident with Paul25 and the recent death of Sosobean. With this, the threat of an inside job destroying us is very much possible, but we must not fear! We are far more capable than our enemies! We will conquer and overpower them!"

Despite the underlying unease and doubt, the Keepers were persuaded by the short message of their Chancellor and they removed a large portion of the fear that was in their minds.

"Interesting." A well-dressed man situated in the side area of the hall muttered. "That's all empty words, however, if they can't catch me, the glorious Secretary of the Lumina Association."

"Heh heh." Another man who was part of the security of the Chancellor smirked. "Team Valiant will rule this region and rise above the others. I don't think their ideals can actually be fulfilled."

The day was just getting started, but the stench of suspicion lurked in the area.

Alistair was killed. He was Purplecicada, the Framer.

Dear Purplecicada,

You aren’t as bad a player as you think you are. I remember you saying that you could be the Fool role, but I don’t think that’s true. In the recent games I’ve played with you in Reborn and in Pokecommunity, you’ve proven yourself to be quite good at playing, most notably as scum or mafia in certain games such as WitchHunt!, Pokemon Mafia, and The Courtroom (PC). I’ve observed how you play as scum and you’re quite good at putting the blame on others while making yourself seem innocent.

You are the Lady of Team Valiant. As the Framer, you mess up the investigation by placing evidence that may put someone into bad light every night. You win when your faction equals or outnumbers all other players combined.

Anti_Hero was killed. He was Sosobean, the Watcher.

Dear Sosobean,

The first time I met you was quite interesting. It was quite surprising to meet someone who was a lurker in the forums, but was interested enough in the Mafia Discord chat to visit it. Over time, you have been someone who serves as the spiritual guardian of the group. Despite not having been playing in previous mafia games, you’ve been an important member of the group simply because you’re good at the whole socialization things from what I see. I’m quite interested in seeing you play after you gain information from our play styles, yet yours remains a mystery. Though you say you’re not a good player, it seems questionable even then.

You are the Guardian of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade. As the Watcher, you watch a person every night and see whom visits them. You win when all the threats to town are eliminated.

》》》》》☆《《《《《

Chapter Two has started. You have 48 hours to discuss about different topics which may involve possible roles for certain individuals, hunting for members of the mafia groups, and the most important point would be to vote out someone for this day. You may not abstain from voting.

Most night actions have been resolved via Discord, so you might want to check your Discord accounts for your results.

》》》》》☆《《《《《

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Characters:

Myrmidon Divergent as your Storyteller

1. Roswell as ???
2. Jace Stormkirk as ???
3. Lord Drakyle as ???
4. LykosHand as ???
5. Anti_Hero as Sosobean, the Watcher [Killed N1]
6. Hongaarse Beer as ???
7. Alistair as Purplecicada, the Framer [Killed N1]
8. Seal as ???
9. Paul25 as ???
10. Eviora as Paul25, the Agent [Lynched D1]
11. Digital Amber as Venus, the Celebrity
12. Corso as ???
13. Dark Rogue as ???
14. Venus as ???
15. Greninja as ???
16. Sailboat as ???
17. EndearingCharacterTrait as ???
18. Hooligan as ???
19. Megagun as ???
20. Quinnox as ???
21. Yinyang9705 as ???
22. Sosobean as ???
23. Alphagar as ???

OK, first things first, by the looks of it, Lumina's Night Kill hit Team Valiant and Valiant's hit the Onyx Arcade. Either that or there's some transporting/redirecting shenanigans going on, which seems unlikely.

Secondly, just so that everyone knows, my action failed last night. Given my power, I have reason to believe I was roleblocked, since I don't believe anyone would have immunity to it. Could be wrong on that front, though.

Thirdly, given how Eviora was proven to have been telling the truth regarding her role and allegiance, my initial suspicions are firmly on Venus, although if evidence came up during the night to place someone as a higher priority, I'd be willing to change that stance. Not going to vote yet either, considering the day just started.

That's possible, Hooligan, though I'd argue it's still less likely. It'd require both Lumina and Valiant to have went for the same person, which in a group this size seems unlikely (there's also roleblock possibilities, but anyway).

And you were specifically told you were roleblocked, and not simply that your action failed? If so, that would lead more credence to the target being detained theory, although it may still be unlikely, since it would either depend on me and Drakayle targeting the same person (which I'll admit is still possible) or multiple detainers.

I'm not too fussed about the circumstances behind it but with one less member of the mafia to worry about it is somewhat comforting. Also @Hooligan keep in mind rigged guns can be planted on you to backfire too so I wouldn't fire that thing unless you are absolutely certain someone is mafia and/or you have confirmation you have a real gun, hell, just saying you have a gun risks mafia swapping it out for a fake on you or stealing it if they can.

@Roswell then yes we shared a target, as much as I wanted to kill Venus, my role can't do that but I still was visiting them for other reasons which is useful to at least know we had common target and therefore the likelihood is more so that Venus was detained. I won't ask your role this early in the game. I'll be willing to share more later in the game.

Guest Sparkin'

Now, now.

Before you start accusing me, I'll say that all the evidence you have is useless. 

I mean, you are going to vote me because I was the second with the highest number of votes?

Or are you going to use the reasoning that I've already explained last day?

Let's leave last day's action where they belong. It was Day 1, and we hadn't even the proper time to use our roles abilities which could provide information.

Also, interesting information I have.

There's no Cult.

I found it pretty weird, since it seemed like Dive likes cults a lot.