[Epilogue] Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia [Town Win]

Daniel Blackworth

for starters, there's justice which i think megagun is soft claiming. @Lord Drakyle

the info i have still is not relevant to the current trend so I will tell you what i have in mind at least.

My cruel self is telling me to eliminate yin for if he dies, everything that would be given away at this point are clearly coming from a fabricator. There's no need for confusions.

My neutral self is telling me to eliminate Venus cuz he said so himself: he wont take sides. Anyone who isn't on my side are worthy of elimination.

My rational self is telling me to eliminate either jace or hooligan. I mean for starters other than hooligan, there should be somebody else who obtained a real gun (unless @YinYang9705 will tell us that he gave his gun to hooligan then ) and if we eliminate the wrong person they can just shoot the other left for the next day. And if in case megagun is lying on both then we can eliminate him the next day the same time the real gun is fired :>

decisions decisions :)))))

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my thoughts @sailboat:

We lynch Jace, if he is townie, then Hooligan is likely an armed mafia member and will draw the attention of the opposing mafia he is not part of and they will likely deal with him, if not we can suspect Megagun though he will likely get shot by Hooligan if Jace turns out to be innocent and Hooligan doesn't die to mafia kill.

So far this seems more of a logical lynch choice since it will at least partially lead one mafia to get rid of an enemy for us or will rid us of a mafia member and give more credit in favour of Megagun's word as well as likely leave us with an armed townie though we still are not sure if the gun is real or not I don't think anyone is.

Seems like the optimal strategy would be for Hooligan to just shoot Jace, then. Either:

a) The gun backfires, killing Hooligan and (assuming he was honest about the Oracle ability) we get to know who the fabricator was (and hence we have a lynch target).

b ) The gun works and Jace is revealed as town: We know that either Hooligan or Mega (or both, possibly) are lying (and are thus mafia), and we lynch one of them.

c) The gun works and Jace is revealed as non-town: We either killed a mafia member, or killed a third-party, and we can then proceed to lynch Venus (who would at that point have been proven to be lying about their role).

With this in mind, then, it doesn't seem like there's a reason for a village Hooligan to not shoot, since trading a villager for info on a mafia member seems like a valid trade for me.

This does assume that Oracle works on death regardless of how that death was achieved, which isn't confirmed by Dive yet, but I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Edited by Roswell

Well, here is what I see:

One, eliminating someone with the gun when there is a benefit if it backfires seems the obvious choice. If Hooligan does not do so, then how can we trust him.

Two, even if One of the Two is Mafia, the other still can be. Furthermore I have less a reason to question Jace at this point, but still view him as a possible threat.

Now, I know my information is solid. So if Hooligan would be so bold, I DARE YOU TO SHOOT ME AND CONDEMN YOURSELF!  That is all.

I think there's some confusion on fabricated guns so let me clarify: Your target is clear in the result post that Dive creates; HOWEVER, your target lives. The gun backfires killing you and you only.

1 hour ago, Hooligan said:

Megagun, is it a threat? So, lets see here...

If I kill you, my gun could backfire and kill me. If you are innocent (I don't think so, because I told I wasn't mafia since the beginning, even telling my role and you still blame me), and my attempt to kill you works, I might get all the blame. Then, if Jace gets killed and it gets that he is innocent, either you or me might be condemned... And assuming since the beginning that I role claimed as a Oracle and told that I'm not town, it seems like you're mafia. And about telling me to get condemned, it seems that my gun is a fake one and it was you that made it.

I won't fire against Jace, because I think he isn't mafia and I won't even use my gun, because I'm sure that this gun is a fake one, as Megagun told me to get condemned. Do you guys have a reason to trust on him?

Now, I need protection, if you don't mind. I'm pretty sure I will be dead by the mafia.

I believe megagun with the condemning thing is saying if you kill him you will reveal him as town and be seen as mafia or you will have the gun backfire and kill yourself either way condemning yourself to death by simply choosing to shoot him though way I see it, he comes out with some odd info about two people having different alignments but wont tell us what kinda role he is to confirm how he knows this it isn't dodgy at all to try shoot him hell if I had the gun I would have tried to shoot venus without a second thought simply because I made myself very clear early in why I wanted Venus dead although people may still think that was me trolling...it isn't...

Given how the role Hooligan has claimed to have works upon his death, and said role's effect is currently most likely pointed at a Mafia member, his hesitance to use his gun on Jace when it'll provide us the most information (it either reveals the fabricator, kills a mafia member, or helps reveal a mafia lead) is incredibly suspicious to me.

As such, in the absence of any other information, and considering that Seal did respond to get out of modkill range, I'm happy to shift my vote.

[Unvote] Seal

[Eliminate] Hooligan

Ok so here's the thing. If Mega is to be believed, then either Hooligan or Jace (or both) are our foes. But if he's not to be believed, then he's probably a maf. 

Really it doesn't matter that much; it seems likely that at least one of those three is an enemy, and potentially more.

So, I'd better put in a vote now so as to not run out of time:

[Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk

That's what I'm going with. It still feels like a toss-up to be honest, but I'll learn more from guessing, right?

Well, as Megagun said that one of them is mafia and Hooligan roleclaimed to be Oracle, this is my vote:

If he is not mafia then megagun or hooligan is.

for starters, i like how jace is actually concerned with the lack of gunshots when i'm seeing no defenses on his side. lmao

As for hooligan... you can't spell Megagun without a 'gun' y'know what im saying? ;)

Well I'm fine voting at either hooligan or jace like i said sometime earlier but it seems that the vote count on hooligan is bigger so.

[eliminate]-Hooligan

If Megagun is a mafia pretending to be Justice, his strategy is very risky; however, the fact that both the Gunsmith/Fabricator and Megagun visited Hooligan on the same night seems quite unlikely to me.

If Hooligan uses the gun and the gun is fake, Hooligan will die but we'll get info on someone (I'm not sure about this part). We will also know that guns can't be trusted.

If Hooligan shoots Jace and the gun is real:

• If Jace is mafia -> good;
  • If Jace is town -> either Hooligan, Megagun, or both are mafia -> possible good for tomorrow.

If Hooligan shoots Megagun and the gun is real:

• If Megagun is mafia -> good;
  • If Megagun is town -> either Hooligan, Jace or both are mafia -> possible good for tomorrow.

Imo Hooligan should shoot, but there isn't much time left.

As for the lynch, Idk.

Corso looked at the gun he received the night before. This gun seems to be encouraging me to use it. I'm not even sure if this gun is genuine or fabricated, but my Psychic powers tell me it is. My third eye calls me to use it on that person and I'd rather follow my foresight, despite the risks that there may be. He rushed to the person he suspected, his gun aimed with precision. Unfortunately, although his aim was precise, his directions was way, way off and he ended up shooting himself.

Hooligan's gun backfired. He is dead. He was Corso, the Oracle.

Dear Corso,

You’re someone who initially I found to be quite a newbie when you were still relatively new to all of this. You’ve still been playing for a bit, but I sense quite a good amount of potential in you, especially with the way you supported Alistair as the Zombie Leader in Halloween Mafia. I don’t exactly know who was responsible for it, but the actions of the cult were strategic in actually forcing me to really think of the correct outcome. Though I accidentally took out cult, it happened partly by chance, so there still lies credit in your action. Your Unown image exudes an air of mystery and ominous vibes.

You are the Thinker of the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade. As the Oracle, you visit someone every night and when you die, the last person you visit will have their identity and role revealed publicly. You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated.

Edited by Myrmidon Divergent

>TFW Hooligan says that his power works on the last person who visited him, when it's the last person who he visited.

...well, crap. My bad there, Hooligan. Honestly thought that's how the power worked, so sorry for forcing it upon you.

That being said, we do know that either Jace or Megagun is Mafia now (since either Megagun was truthful about the alignments or they weren't). Since we benefit more from having Megagun as a villager (and both possibilities are equally valid), I'll take my chances, and we can lynch Megagun tomorrow if Jace flips village.

[Unvote] Hooligan