Welcome to the Apocalypse - Director's Cut IC

DragonRage

Alan couldn't help but be a bit shocked at how crude the heavily armored street samurai's Weapon's system was, and he found himself just having to say. "So your Horsekiller is basically a less accurate and lower caliber assault cannon that doesn't fire explosive rounds and probably isn't carrying up to 12 shots at a time isn't it?".

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquila nods. He seems to remember something as he thinks of another question for the girl.

"... Oh, I should probably clear this up since some people care about it.... I'm technically an escaped convict. I haven't done anything illegal since gaining my freedom but uh... Just mentioning it in front of the really powerful person we're all working for so no one can say I was hiding it."

One gets the feeling he said that last part in case someone wanted to try something.

"Hm... That makes sense. The being on my shoulder part. Are you being run by some sort of magic though? It's... Kinda strange to see somethi- someone made of wire" Freya replied, noting the features of the 'Wire Warrior'. She was both weirder out by all this but at the same time really interested. Not just for the Wire Warrior on her shoulder, but practically EVERYONE around her.

... Made her wonder on if any of them were used to necromancy...

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Nader was struck dumb for a moment by the sudden criticisms coming from some other man at another point in the room, and the... twelve year old girl, apparently.

"...the Horsekiller 1935R breech-loads, but I designed its 1935 modifications to work with the rails of my armor so that it loads an additional round every it goes back on them, which makes magazine capacity not much of an issue. I have a module that gives it a magazine of 12 capacity in a pocket, for independent use. Also... no, of course it's not high explosive, this thing is a rifle, not an autocannon. I'm not trying to fight vehicles with it, and the AP round pierces the average Tiger Armor fine anyway. What, did you see that propaganda poster of a man freehanding an autocannon, and think 'yes, clearly this is a reality'?" He's a little disgusted at the end of that.

Then he turns to the small girl, and takes a moment to think. "All my weaponry is Forenian, because I'm a Forenian weapon engineer and all, and it usually matches what the other nations can put out. But... I've never heard of this FN MAG weapon before, and I consider myself something of a weapons expert, even though it sounds like a fantastic weapon. Do you know where and when it was made? Oh, and... how do you know so much about guns...? You look around ten."

"The Internet, mostly. Sometimes I convinced dad to buy me guns to take apart, too. And I'm not ten, I'm, uh, twelve." Her speech hitched slightly, but noticeably. She'd been told a number of times to tell people she was twelve years old if asked; she was physically and mentally about that age (if a bit odd due to various factors,) but strictly speaking she had only been alive for six. "I don't think your country exists in my world. . . at least, I've never heard of it before. I guess I could look it up later." She patted her jeans, only to realize that she had, in fact, left her cellphone at home. I wasn't going to get reception anyway, was I. . .

Alan sighed before he took out a commlink and slowly but surely approached the heavily armored street samurai. He would then flick to a certain video that prominently displays a tusked, pink mohawked, and heavily chromed man unloading a disturbingly phallic and high caliber weapon at several vehicles while he appears to be slowly walking towards them. And while the weapon seems to be highly effective as it practically massacres the poor and mostly defenseless people in the vehicles. It did absolutely nothing to prevent one of the vehicles from simply plowing into the man with a loud THUMP, and causing a spray of blood to splash onto the camera before the video feed promptly cut out. And the sound of a man repeatedly saying what sounded to be some form of expletives replacing the sound of gunfire, sirens, and explosions.

Alan would slowly turn off and pocket his commlink after showing this video to Nader, and he swiftly said "Never go on a run with a group that requires you to wear a pink mohawked wig".

Well, most of what Nadine said made sense "Twelve, huh? That's just a little young even by Forenian standards, but it does make sense, I suppose. Not that you sound Forenian to me, and you said it doesn't exist in your world. You sound... German, maybe, maybe Balkan, but if you were German your father probably wouldn't have been allowed to have guns, if it's like my Germany, so maybe Balkan. That would all make sense, I suppose. Or maybe it's just a different version of Germany. Mind if I ask your name? I think I want to know now.

...oh, and... what's an Internet, though?"

Nader's confusion would soon have reason to increase: the other man suddenly was thrusting a small device at him, and Nader proceeded to lean in (putting the Horsekiller barrel on the ground to provide a third point of balance) so his mask was a mere few inches from the commlink, so that he could see clearly through the fairly small lenses on his mask, and incidentally likely shielding Nadine from the horribly gory video. "Glorious," he breathed. "Is this thing an Internet, little miss? This is a hell of an advance. This sure isn't CRT, and it's so SMALL. That's insane. Not to mention the detail, and color... You're from the future then." He looked up at Alan as the video ended, pulling back somewhat, his final statement a sure statement and not even a question.

Edited by Powder Miner

Leo picks up the presumed map and opens it up to take a look.

huh, this place sounded a bit like a post apocalyptic area, or at least a place severely torn up by war. He supposed it couldn't be any worse then the barren kingdom.

Still he should be wary.

He looks over to the conversations the others are having, and instantly notes the small blue thing riding on a girls shoulders. A fairy maybe? Its soul was far bigger than its body at the least. There was a guy with a lot of guns who seemed to be getting a fair bit of attention. He might be interesting to talk to. There was also a little girl and there seemed to be a robot, or golem standing further back. Not the strangest party he had ever worked with he supposed.

Alan nodded in response to the armored street samurai's statement before he replied himself by saying "That my friend, that was one of the wonders of the twenty first century". As he said those words he typed in a few commands to order his gun bearing drone to slowly walk towards the pair. "And also that wasn't me accessing the internet, since I already had that video on my commlink in the first place. Accessing the internet would mean that I am making it send or receive data to another device somewhere in the world".

Edited by Cronos5010

"Lucine Nadine Einzbern Yggdmillenia." She performed another small faux-curtsy. "I'm from Trifas, in Romania. My dad is German, though." Nadine leaned over slightly, an expression of frustration flickering across her face when she couldn't get a good look at whatever video the hacker had been showing. "Um, the Internet is something that computers use to talk to each other." She pushed her hair back again. "Uh, do you have computers. . .?"

Nader fiddled with his Horsekiller a little bit, thinking. "We have computers, but whatever you have is far, far different from the things we've worked on here. The most we have where I'm from is things like targeting computers that can track things based on inputted variables. Maybe you can consider radar displays as computers, with the way they're made to take information and encode it, but to be frank that isn't my area of expertise, so I don't know if it counts." He shrugged as best he could in his armor, which wasn't very. "Nothing to the point where they can communicate or display things like that, though. Fascinating." Nader had started to lower his guard, with his posture untensing somewhat and with him focusing more steadily on the people he was talking to.

Edited by Powder Miner

"DOOM'S DIMENSIONAL TELEPORTER HAS FINISHED CHARGING!" The armored man declares, "YOU WILL SUCCEED!  DOOM HAS DECREED IT TO BE SO!"

Everything goes white for a few seconds, and then visibility returns in a blast of hot air.  The group finds itself standing in a dilapidated town in the middle of some kind of badland.  The harsh sun beats down mercilessly, and anyone who is not used to the heat would instinctively gravitate towards the shade offered by a nearby, ramshackle house.  But, the sounds of marching feet, a brief clash of weapons, and panicked screaming growing rapidly closer would make relaxation impossible.

Spoiler

A thin, dark-skinned man carrying a slightly translucent, blue spear and wearing a tight, blue and white uniform dashes around the corner, swearing in a rather higher-pitched voice than he probably normally has.  A man in a military-looking, dark blue uniform and carrying a boxy gun makes to follow, but a metal hook on a long chain flies around the corner after him, wraps around his waist like a striking snake, and goes taunt.  The chain passes through the wall of the house to do this, but doesn't seem especially inconvenienced by the solid object in the way as it pulls the poor trooper around the corner with a scream of dismay, leaving his gun to clatter to the ground.  The spear-wielding man looks at the corner nervously, but when the hook doesn't come after him he breathes a sigh of relief and turns to you all.

"What the-  What are a bunch of civilians doing?  No no no, there's no time.  You've gotta get out of here before he remembers there were two of us, and... I..."  He trails off, staring intently at Lucine, before going ash grey and leveling his spear at her in shaky hands.  "Santa Maria another demi-servant!  D-Don't move!  Just drop y-your weapons and put your h-hands up!"

Leo steps in front of Lucine and brings his hands half up.
"Easy. Easy. why don't you slow down and tell us what's going on? Whos after you? Who are you fighting?" 
Snow's eye turns to face the spear wielder to the best of its ability. "Did we seriously just get dropped into a battle field. I think we just got dropped into a battlefield." she sounds half frustrated, half incredulous. 

Nader had been gradually relaxing a little bit, but that was gone in a flash as all of a sudden he found himself transported to a completely different area, like Doctor Doom had promised... oh yeah. Although the desert and the shitty town reminded him just a little of home, in worse days, Nader was still instantly ramrod straight and tense to the point of being practically jittery at being tossed into yet another foreign environment. And when he heard the sounds of weapons... instantly, Nader was already moving to slap a belt of ammunition into his machine gun, something he finished by the time the poor bastard who got hooked got dragged away. Then, the other one, the screaming one, ran on over and pointed a spear at the nice little girl he'd just been speaking to, by which point Nader was drawing his Osprey, leaving him with no less than 3 (three) guns drawn and ready for combat.

He then pointed his Horsekiller arm at the man with the spear as he loaded ammunition into it. "Don't go pointing weapons at people, especially little girls, in the middle of heavily armed groups." he said, before the gun-obsessed man proceeded to load the Osprey too, balancing it on the crook of his arm so he could reload with his off hand while keeping his Horsekiller pointed.

Edited by Powder Miner

The spear-wielder immediately drops his weapon, causing it to dissolve into motes of light, and holds his hands in the air.  "Shit!  I didn't-  Her magical signature is really, really similar to the thing that just almost killed me!  But if you all are still alive, they're probably nothing alike," He clearly considers looking around the corner to see if whatever is wielding the hook is getting closer, but seems to decide against it.  "Look, we can talk or argue or whatever later, but we really should be running the fuck away now!  He's gonna be here any moment!"

Sha'Tith stood towards the back of the group keeping an eye on Nader while the occasional small whisp of smoke comes out of his nostrils.  When the man with the spear came around the corner Sha'Tith hunched a bit lower, reducing his height to just below six feet, he watched the situation unfold from inbetwen the others in front of him.

"Right"

Leo turns to face a large metal machine, that had been at the edge of the group before they moved away, still standing in the sun, and types something into his holocomputer. Fingers dancing over the hard light keyboard "Ignite"

The machine perks up and it begins to rumble as it walks over. A blue flame roars within its stomach, fed by the heat around them. exhaust pipes on its head actually seem to start putting out a bit of snow, though it quickly melts in the sun. And the orb imbedded in the back of its neck glows softly with magic.

"Is there anyone around here who might still need help?"

Edited by Endlessblaze

Lucine was not particularly fond of anything occuring at the moment. While she had experienced summer heat before, it was usually when she had the leisure to prepare for it, and generally a Romanian summer did not compare to an Australian one. This served as a backdrop to the myriad other unpleasantries occuring; namely the sounds of what was apparently a warzone, a man being hooked to some sort of unfortunate fate, and now a person pointing a magical spear at her with a sort of signature she associated with her cards. Lucine froze up, her hands immediately going up. However. . . "Opal!"

"Understood," the strange device replied, with an abnormally serious tone. It . . . broke apart, into two almost comically oversized boxy hand cannons, which flew into both of Lucine's hands. Her body glowed for a moment, and she was suddenly in some sort of elaborate dress in a color of a slightly more subdued shade than her hair. 

"Combat protocols: initialized," the girl said in an eerily robotic-sounding voice as she dropped into a position that, while clearly made for fighting, made it ambiguous as to whether she intended to use the weapons in her hands as guns or clubs. However, as the stranger dismissed his weapons, she immediately pulled back up into a more neutral stance. 

"Disengaging combat protocols temporarily." She stayed in the outfit, but there was a noticeable shift in her manner back to a more natural one. 

"Fueh. . . huh? We didn't fight?" She sounded somewhat happy about that prospect, if rather confused, as she glanced around at her surroundings. 

Ena landed in the position she had set for herself in DOOM's throne room. Well balanced, and prepared for most terrains. As soon as they arrived in the ghost town. Ena's head rotated on its axis a hundred and eighty degrees before spinning the other way. When this brief terrain survey had completed, she spoke, voice just as tinny as before. "Mr. Spearman. We were brought here to prevent the continent from being overtaken by anarchists and madmen. Are you an anarchist or a mad man? If you are fighting them, we were sent here to fight alongside you, so please instruct us.

Alan quietly ignored the fact that the man had literally threatened what appeared for all intents and purposes to be a small child as he confidently stepped forward to ask "What in the hell is a demi servant? Why are you so worried about them? And do they have absolutely anything in common with a free spirit?".

The still unknown hooded figure silently walks a few feet closer to the corner, distancing himself from the group. Suddenly, a large cloud of an unknown gas appears where he was standing, providing visual cover. The figure moves out, and talks in a deep, raspy, and gasmask filtered voice. "We should move. Avoid any hostiles until we have information."

Freya herself dusted herself off, listening to the talk as she straightened everything on her person. Teleporting was not an easy thing, because for whatever reason it really ruffled up someone's attire. Or maybe just hers, hard to tell. Either way, she made sure not to accidentally knock off the Wire Warrior (Whom she might at least nickname 'Blue' for now, since... He was blue) as she straightened her things. She didn't really say much, letting the others deal with the problem themselves, but she WAS curious about who was chasing this guy. After all, they had some sort of hook-rope-thingy that they used to grab people, that could somehow go through WALLS, which made Freya want to see it herself. Maybe she could use something like that...