Welcome to the Apocalypse - Director's Cut IC

DragonRage

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah. You might occasionally run into magical materials and enchanted objects that resist the effect, but for the most part, Any non-living solid can be shaped. Even ones that used to be living. Don't bother trying to use it on flesh though. By the time the body has died enough for the spell to take effect, It wont be good for much unless you have a necromancer around. Stuff like bones, scales, leather and wood, Work though since they hold together."

"You can also use it to meld solids together seamlessly. So you don't have to worry about stuff like welding and stuff like that." 

"I. . . see." She wasn't sure if she should mention that she could create water with fairly little effort. She did, however, recognize the cant to the strange being's voice, and decided that further questioning the issue would likely lead to a rant about the virtues of water at best.

"Give me some of the notes on that Shape Solid spell, then, and a promise that you'll be careful with this thing. I don't like the feeling it gives off, and I'm pretty familiar with stuff that gives off bad feelings."

Marisa trades Leo the seed.

Leo nods and gently takes and pockets the seed, Making a mental note to make a dedicated container for it later. Perhaps with the refection Mana to keep it from absorbing power. He hadn't forgotten how it had absorbed a portion of the mana he attuned earlier. 

"If you have anything for me to write it in I would be happy to jolt it down for you. Or if you have a computer I can transfer some files. I store most of my notes electronically" He taps his arm computer.

"Failing that, I can shape up a stone tablet or something with the information, on it" 

For a few seconds, Freya stood where she was, still looking a bit uncomfortable. Then, she sighed, bringing her hand back down, straightening as she looked at Solara, "Then I would be welcome to have you with us, Solara. We might need the help" She said, before looking at the core, frowning at it, "I'll keep doing my best and get the rest of your people out of that thing" she added, before sagging her shoulders. Millions in there, and she'd need to figure out a way to get them out quickly, otherwise she'd be taking forever.

... Well, helping other worlds wasn't supposed to be easy, by her guess.

Spoiler

It looks like the armory was stripped by whoever had the ship before it ended up here.  Either that, or all the weapons were taken by the ship's garrison.  Stellio finds a small hammer, a few whetstones, and a wrench, but nothing else of value.

Stellio had, rather disappointedly, finished his scouring of the armory by the time Aquilla appeared. He tossed the hammer, wrench, and hand-held whetstones on the anvil as he nodded to the other man... and actually noticed the armor

"What in the goddamn are you wearing, man?" he asked rather bluntly as he looked the suit up and down. It seemed like some...gaudy fusion of armor not too unlike what they had back home, meshed with all manners of foreign elements that looked they'd been....no...they didn't. Stellio shook his head, of course they had. He didn't know why he was surprised, given the habits of looting fallen foes back home... but well, there was a difference between collecting a decent weapon from a deadman's hands, or removing an enchanted ring or necklace from his person, and outright stripping him down to the skivvies for his armor and leaving his naked corpse to rot under the Valerian sun. Plus it wasted far too much time. Even his colleagues and underlings in the Whitewall had more restraint than that.

Well, alright, most of them had that restraint. There were of course always a few footmen hungry for spoils, who wouldn't hesitate to loot down to the skivvies, when an officer like himself wasn't around to keep them in line...hell, sometimes even damn commanders fell to such depths out of greed...

"How many...?" the knight sighed, gripping the bridge of his nose "Did you at least leave the poor fools the dignity of their undergarbs and linens?"

"Oh yeah, this armor is surprisingly light which is why they were wearing clothes under their armor I imagine. Anyways, why wouldn't you take their equipment? They're not using it and this way the enemies can't come back and take it. Also, we can melt down the weapons to steel."

Aquila shrugs.

"Huh. Well maybe if we run into each other again I could teach you to use one"

He takes the parchment and sits down on the floor to write. Borrowing a pen as well.

When he returns the parchment to Marisa its covered in writing. The spell itself is written at the top, and beneath it is a break down of pronunciation. Below that is a passage detailing the basics of HOW the spell works. The spell is relatively short, Since its effect is controlled by will and therefore doesn't need to be defined vocaly.

Edited by Endlessblaze

Their business concluded, the group heads back to the safe house where, like the good little adventuring party they are, they take everything that seems possibly useful.  Especially the furniture; the Weatherlight could use some beds.  Vitor also packs up his magical lab, and Leo insists on bringing the pile of metal bits that once was his Doombot.  With all the useful things done, and Amelie apparently refusing to leave, the party sets off through the Blind Eternities, hoping that the coordinates Marisa provided will see them safely to their destination, wherever that may be.  Some crazy red-head just gave them to her with a big sack of gold coins, name-dropped Doctors Doom and Ebon, and teleported away.  Go to this thread.