Welcome to the Apocalypse - Director's Cut IC

DragonRage

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sha'Tith continued his glare, shifting back and forth between the two armor figures slowly.

"I will not trust an EggSnatcher, but if what this DOCTOR DOOM says is true I will tolerate your existance for now."

He then softened his gaze slightly taking the lizard equivalent of crossed arms and a displeased expression.

Aquila shrugs and puts his flail on his belt for now. After a bit of looking around he approaches the girl and talking square.

"Greetings, I'm Aquila. You seem to know something about the shield... "Doctor" Doom so graciously granted to me? Or at least what he used to make it."

"Hi, I'm Lucine Nadine." She nodded slightly with her own introduction. "This is Magical Opal. Don't listen to anything he says." The winged box responded by bumping into the back of her head again, hard enough to jolt it forward without dealing any actual harm. "Uh, he used a Class Card." She pushed her hair back again. "I don't know he pulled a shield out of it just like that, but I could tell you more about them. I can make them myself, it's just hard. . ."

Alan continued to absentmindedly type into his cyberdeck as he stared directly at DOCTOR DOOM, and he found himself realizing the fact that the people here have yet to actually ask "Wait, where the hell are we going anyway? And what particular problems should we look into in that area?". He would then wait until he received his answer before he turned to introduce himself to the rest of the group by saying "My street name is Radbot, and you can count on me if you need someone to hack into a computer system or do absolutely anything involving robots and computer systems...and it is a pleasure to meet all of you". Afterwards he would quickly realize that this would quite possibly be the only situation he will find himself in that would justify a dramatic and quite possibly evil laugh..and that he would have to waste that opportunity due to the importance of not seeming insane as part of your first impression. This is why he settled for simply ordering his DOOMBOT and his drone to stand in place.

Edited by Cronos5010

Moving for the first time, as things finally began to click, Ena backed a little away from Radbot. MR. DR. DOOM had brought a hacker here? It seemed necessary, a few logic banks considered, but in tandem, the rest of her consciousness shied away from the man. She didn't want to be hacked, and Mr. Suhkrab had always been optimistic, claiming that due to the uniqueness of her programming language, it was unlikely that anyone would be able to control her. She feared he was lying, and she suspected he knew he was lying, as she had in passing heard him asking one of the higher ups for assistance with her "defensive" aspects.

A few transistors fired, and Ena remembered something their summoner had mentioned before. In a chipper, slightly tinny voice--who needed state of the art vocals on what might someday be a mass production unit, a small part of Ena's mind thought ruefully--she inquired towards DOOM. "DR. DOOM. You have many Master's degrees. But do you have any Ph.Ds?"

"They're called Class Cards because they contain a fragment of the power of a Servant. Servants are placed into one of seven classes based on their capabilities; Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, and Berserker. There are other classes possible, but not many of them have been observed." The girl's expression lightened a bit as she spoke - it was a distraction from the somewhat stressful situation. "A Servant is basically a copy of a Heroic Spirit. They don't usually get summoned any more, because they ended the Grail Wars. The Cards are supposed to be leftovers of that, but they can appear in other ways - I can make them, if you give me time. Opal helps too. Kinda."

Aquila nods.

"Ah... So basically classes are based on fighting styles?"

He stares at the shield for a while before whispering something in some old dead language that isn't Latin as might be expected from his name.

"... Anyway, that sounds similar to how the truly good fighters are organised where I'm from. You got Vangaurds, assassins, counter attackers, and hybrids... And normally one for each of the major regions, which is kind of weird now that I'm saying it out loud."

Nader finally finished fully attaching his machine gun to his right arm, and with that done he slipped his scoped Osprey rifle into a loop on his back, before standing up from his position on his knees to a proper standing position... a movement that took a lot of precarious balancing, considering that the guns on his arms, one of which protruded five feet, made them a lot less useful for propping himself up.

But when he did get up, he pointed at the lizardman, more confident now that he was fully armored, armed, and prepared. Nader was still more than a little freaked out, but now he was more confident. He took a deep breath and then spoke. "I do not know anything about your world where lizards are people, but on mine there are no lizard people and no eggs to steal from lizard people. Because there are no lizard people. This is all very very strange. But anyway! I am not an "EggSnatcher". My name is Nader Jabal, weapon engineer of the glorious nation of United Forenia, proud member of the Forenian Self-Defense Advocacy Organization, and of the coalition of the Forenian Independence Party." He paused, his instinctive paranoia-fueled braggadocio deflated for a moment. "And... since that probably means nothing to most of you if this insanity really is my life now, that means I've spent over a decade designing guns and armor, I have lots of guns and armor and I love them, and I am prepared to use my guns and armor to defend myself if anyone tries to get me, respectively. So, uh... don't. Try to get me. And then I guess I'll help prevent anyone from getting you, if we're all in the same boat."

"DOOM POSSESSES A DOZEN DOCTORATES!  INCLUDING ONE IN GEOGRAPHY," Doctor Doom declares, pulling a rolled up piece of paper in a thin metal tube from a compartment in his throne, and throwing it before the group.  Presumably a map is inside.  "DOOM SHALL SEND YOU TO THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK, WHERE THE LAST OF YOUR NUMBER IS ATTEMPTING TO PREVENT WHAT LITTLE LAW AND ORDER PERSISTS ON THE CONTINENT FROM BEING UTTERLY DESTROYED BY ANARCHISTS AND MADMEN.  YOU SHALL PREVENT THIS.  SO DECLARETH DOOM!"

Seeing the man, who Doom refered to as Nader, jump back in surprise and practically dropping all of his items caused Freya to mentally face palm herself. Brilliant move, spooking the guy who was already panicking. Thankfully, she stayed quiet as a... Giant purple lizardman spoke about egg snatchers, and it was a bit more clear that Nader was a bit more calm than before, considering he was able to speak without yelling, which was when she stepped forward, rubbing the back of her head and looking EXTREMELY guilty,

"Uh.. Sorry about that, I kind of acted without thinking there, didn't mean to scare you there. Soooo... Sorry, again" Freya stated, her arm falling back to her side, desperately wanting to ask what the items on his armor was, but decided to ask about that later when she didn't look like an inconsiderate ass. Never thought she'd describe herself as that. Either way, that was when Freya straightened her hat, "I'm Freya though. Freya Wentz. Nothing much besides that I guess"

"Thank you for telling me. Suhkrab was very insistent on following convention of not using the title Dr. unless a person had obtained a doctorate. It was an honor to meet you DR. DOOM." Ena took two calculated steps backwards, put her arms by her side, and spread her legs a bit for stability. She was prepared for however they would be jumping to Australia

Edited by Strider

Nader looked down at the short teenage girl that had just addressed him, and then he sighed. He had to feel bad about scaring her, if that's what he did, or perhaps causing her to be guilty. Nader was still far from ready to drop his guard, and thusly his posture didn't untense, and he only slowed down his vigilance of the room slightly to halfway keep his head turned towards Freya, but he did sigh and then speak with a clear note of guilt in his voice. "I wouldn't worry about that... Freya. There wasn't any option that anyone could have taken that would have lessened that initial shock, considering what it was. Hell, I'm still in shock, but that is hardly your fault, or anything like that."

"Well, that's reassuring... A bit. Still feeling a bit guilty buuut, I can live" Freya replied with a shrug. Then, she suddenly pointed at one of Nader's guns, "By the way, if you don't mind me asking - Seriously, I REALLY hope you don't mind me asking, what are those things anyway? On your armor, I mean." She asked. They looked rather cool, and Freya couldn't help but feel a bit awed by them... Even if she didn't know WHAT they were.

"Hmm? Oh." Though initially a bit perplexed by the specific wording of Freya's query, he eventually understood that perhaps she came from a world where guns had not been invented (as plausible an explanation as everything else going on around here, really) and he nodded at her. "Don't worry. I'm a weapons engineer, I would be remiss if I didn't have some pride in my country's work, some of which I did do work on, especially the armor." Nader first tapped the gun on his back. "These are guns. They use explosive substances to expel pieces of lead, bullets, at high speed from the barrel, which generally do a fantastic job of putting holes in things or in people. This one is the Mk. 3. Osprey. It doesn't fire these bullets as hard, or bullets as large as some of the other guns I have, but it is generally the most reliable."

He tapped the long device on his left arm. "This one is the Horsekiller 1935R. This one I have put some work into on my own, back in 1935 -- it was a rework of a then decades-old gun, which could already kill a fairly large horse in one shot, but making it more accurate and making it able to fire every time I depress a trigger... and don't touch, by the way. It is powerful and fires very large bullets, but can still be inaccurate."

Then he tapped on the wide and bulky gun on his right arm, which had straps and braces distributing its weight. "This is my M3 Sorraia machinegun. The individual bullets that it fires are not the most large out there, but the thing about this gun is that it fires its bullets very very fast, 800 bullets in a minute, though I can only keep firing it for a second or two because the explosions that fire the bullets shake the gun too much. I had to modify it heavily to get it on my arm. I'm very proud of all of these guns, both for my country's work and my work, because they're wonderful devices and help keep me prepared for quite a few things."

Edited by Powder Miner

A hooded figure in a gasmask had idly leaned against a pillar listening to DOOM, and the various other people he was tasked with teaming with. He was used to this. Heroes teamed up all the time. However, he had always been a bit more of a lonewolf. It tended to work out better that way. He was optimistic, under the visage of his gasmask. His AK47 strapped at his back, dangling slightly, the strap rattling with noise at any small movement. He had no real reason to converse with the individuals before him, but he also had no issue with conversation. So, for now, he waited, tapping at an virtual overlay that appeared through the lens of his gasmask.

Lucine nodded at Aquila's response. "Something like that. Which one gets into which class can be. . . weird." 

As Nader spoke about his guns, he'd find a twelve-year-old girl inching closer - not that she herself seemed to notice - with an intrigued expression on her face, her sassy flying box following behind (without slamming into her skull for once.) "Eight hundred rounds per minute? What are the effective range and penetration stats like?" 

Freya, when Nader began to explain, quickly gained a confused expression. She wasn't someone who really paid attention to technology, magic was her trade, so she was very lost when Nader started to explain, even if she tried not to be. However, once Nader reached the part about his Horsekiller 1935R, Freya began to nod, beginning to understand what they actually were. By the end, Freya was almost jumping in excitement, "Those. Sound. AMAZING!" Freya stated, feeling a bit jealous about those "guns" now. She barely had anything to actually fight with, which was... Kinda a problem for her actual school, but, heck, even if she didn't use a gun something like that could be revolutionary.

As Nadine leaned in to ask Nader her question, Freya turned to the side, the gears working in her head as she began to fully process this new information. She'd probably have to ask at some point if she could try one... If he was willing to lend one of those guns to her for a bit at least.

Nader leaned in towards Freya and squinted, though that would be very hard to see what with his mask. After a couple of minutes. "...oh. Uh. Hmm. This all gets stranger and stranger by the second... but, yes, things would be different if I were, well... your size."

Then another small being spoke to him, but instead of being... whatever the little tiny blue thing was, it was a girl that looked around ten. He turned to look at her, and for a few moments just stared at Nadine, his expression hidden by his mask as he silently looked at her (in reality mindboggled at this little girl suddenly asking in detail about his guns). "Uh... aren't you a bit young to... nevermind, I suppose. Ah, the Sorraia is effective to about 800 yards when mounted, but when mounted on my armor, the effective range is significantly smaller. As for penetration, it's not fantastic, seeing as it's just 7.62mm rounds I'm speaking of here. I doubt it could penetrate Tiger Armor, though it would possibly knock someone down in it. Still, firing a quick burst of 20 or twenty six bullets at someone can be quite useful, needless to say, even if most of them miss."

The sudden voice on Freya's shoulder caused the young necromancer to jump slightly as she turned her head to look over her shoulder. However, seeing no one there, she slowly turned her head forward again... At least, before she noticed the little, glowing thing on her shoulder, "... Wow, that is... I don't even have words for this. You're just... Tiny" Freya stated, her attention completely switched to the little thing on her shoulder, "What ARE you exactly? And why exactly are you on my shoulder?" She asked, squinting as she tried to piece together how the little thing looked like, which might take a bit because of how small they were.

"I am a Wire Warrior.  Unlike whatever strange substance you all are made of, I am made from Wire."

"As for why I am on your shoulder, Flying is boring, and strenuous besides, even with my Aura Enhancing Antennae, and not being at eye level to you titans was annoying me."
He says, standing simply.  She would note among his many features that when he isn't moving, he isn't moving at all.  No hint of tiny limbs twitching or breathing can be found.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Oh." She almost sounded. . . disappointed. "Is there a reason you haven't adopted something like the FN MAG? It has three hundred more yards of effective range when tripod mounted and fires the same caliber of rounds with probably better accuracy. Plus it'd be easier to service, since I've never heard of a Sorraia, so I doubt you'd be able to find parts for it easily. . ." She did notice the man's seeming confusion at her interest, but this didn't serve to slow her down.