Welcome to the Apocalypse - Director's Cut IC

DragonRage

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a bit, Freya's tiredness drowned out the conversation, as the young Necromancer attempted multiple times to not fall face first onto the ground. Thankfully, she managed to accomplish this, and came back into the conversation, hearing what was being said and, rather quickly, straightening as she jumped in, "I'm Freya Wentz, top class Necromancer whose ability to pick people of the ground to various degrees are rivaled by no one, that I can assure you. I also have some neat tricks that I can share that'll let you guys survive actually getting killed... Once, at least" Freya stated, lifting up a hand to straighten her (frankly very tilted) hat, a confident grin. 

... She was rather proud of her profession, it seemed.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Leo looks to the lizard man.
"Yep, if you want a demonstration, I can do it as soon as Frostbrute gets back with the wreckage. I can use rocks to make the body and core, but ill need some iron to get it moving. unless we want to get more complicated. I could probably make a golem that only uses machinery and electric engines to move, but I don't really have any platinum or electric engines on me at the moment."

He then address's the kid. "A homunculus huh? That's interesting. What are you using to remain viable if you don't mind my asking?"

Then Aquila "Don't fret to much. I'm sure she'll be fine, and I myself have no objections to her presence on the battlefield, so long as its not forced or coerced"

He seems to also take a bit of interest in Freya.
"A necromancer? that's pretty cool. Do you prefer skeletons, or zombies? or, do you like to get creative? I could probably make some Golem parts that could interface with an undead. I'm thinking zombies with a flamethrower arm, and a chest imbedded laser cannon. Oh, let me pull up my project files from last time I worked with a necromancer."

He starts tapping at his computer, and swiping through files, but is interrupted by frost brutes return, carrying the scrap, which he starts shifting through eagerly. "circuits largely ruined, best use would probably be as raw material and channeling samples, mechanical parts salvageable, A few useable motors...."

He stops for a moment and lifts up something white and fluffy in both hands. "Rabbit." He states simply. "Pretty sure this was NOT in there before. Probably harmless, to small to be used as food for this large of a party." he pushes the rabbit into Aquila's Arms. "Hold this for a moment please"

Leo reaches down and picks up a few rocks, before taking an iron gear from the wreckage and gesturing to the party.

"Now, time for a simple demonstration of basic golem creation."

Leo gathers a small amount of mana, and starts casting a spell. The rocks are wrapped up in a soft glow as the spell takes effect, and leo begins to exert his will upon them. They shift and warp like clay, seemingly on there own. forming into a small little stick figurine, little more then rods on hinges with blocky feet and hands. each limb has small struts poking out, preventing them from Rotateing to far in a certain way. Then he cast the same spell on the gear, and makes it split into bands of iron around each of the limbs. one at the end of each rod, and one at each hinge. A bit over kill for such a simple thing, but it looked nice.

"This will be the body, it looks flimsy, but keep in mind its just a demonstration, Now we need a core, which will act as the power source and processing unit and...well basically everything else it needs." 

Taking one more rock Leo cast his shaping spell once again and creates a simple ball in a cage like joint.

"Now, ill turn this into its core, and position it as a head. Ill give it the enchantments needed to make it move by ultizeing the force mana created by touching thaumic mana to iron, and it will power itself with ambient thaumic mana present in the air. Since we don't have any cameras to use as eyes, at least nothing to fit this size, ill create the core with integrated component's as well. They wont be as good, but they will be workable."

He starts firing off a few more spells. the center orb shifts a little acquiring two small circular "eyes" and a little antenna on the back. It starts to glow softy. then Leo presses the joint into the top of the body, adding the head as it just sort of...sinks into it. Almost Like pressing a stick into clay. He covers it with his hands for the last part, hiding it in cupped hands, as he programs It with will and establishes the functions for moving mana to move itself. And bestowing on it a rudimentary AI. 

"Activate"

He flattens out the hand it rest in while revealing it. The little figure stands up, pushing itself upright with its blocky little hands, to stand on leo's palm. One can see the little threads of teal blue force mana forming and moving and vanishing as needed as it moves. The Head turns as it looks around at the onlookers...

Then it starts to dance. it doesn't seem to care about the style of what dance it does. One moment its doing a goofy little movement of the arms and legs, the next its doing flips, then its breakdancing. eventually It slips and falls on its rear into leo's hand, Leo just smiles at its antics.

"And there you have it. one tiny golem."

Leo completes his golemcrafting with a flourish.  It is excellent work, if he says so himself, especially since he was walking as he did it.  A great job- Crunch.  HSSSSSSSS.  A series of sharp pains in his left leg prompt him to drop the golem and look down, where a large, brown snake is rapidly slithering away from him, its tail sporting a painful-looking kink and a boot print.  He immediately starts feeling the effects, as stabbing sensations working their way swiftly up from the bite accompanied by sudden feelings of paranoia.

"Holy shit!  Taipan!  Just stay very still and non-threatening until it leaves!" Vitor says urgently, with forced calm.  "I've got antivenom at my safe house, but if any of you have a way to slow the venom down, now's the time.  How the hell'd you miss the threat display?  Wait, don't tell me, you stopped watching where you step.  Who the hell does that in Australia?  Santa Maria.  Someone's going to have to carry him.  The less he moves, the slower the venom will kill him."

Leo hisses in pain and tries to shake off the encroaching paranoia. "Don't worry if you cant carry me. Frostbrutes shoulder can get bumpy, but its quite workable. As for why I wasn't paying attention. keep in mind, I just heard of this place like 30 minuets ago? No one told me there would be venomous snakes! Also would someone please pick up the tiny golem?"

"Dammit Leo, this is why I refuse to have my core moved! I cant leave you alone for five minuets without something like this happening."

Ena hadn't noticed the snake before the man had stepped on it. Disappointing. However, she simply had to help how she could. "Vitor. May I remain behind and kill or distract the Taipan? Venom is no issue, but must I worry about anything else?"

Contagion noted the snake take off, and thought to himself for a moment. He could maybe pop a cloud of gas out into the field in hopes of killing it, or he could just continue on. He pondered beneath his mask silently on what to do.

Lucine squeaks in startlement and fear at the snake's attack. "C-Can we please hurry up to your safehouse!?"  Her eyes darted from the ground, to watching far out away from them, and up towards the sky a bit, and back again, not sure whether she should be watching for snipers, murderous terrorists, or equally murderous wildlife. Though at least her God Hand might protect her from the latter. . . Maybe.

When Leo responded to her, Freya couldn't help but feel a bit happy, "I prefer things to be more creative, though I sometimes  go for the classics. Well, most of the time for the zombies..." she stated, trailing off once Leo clearly became more distracted, causing her to sigh slightly, looking back ahead of her as the group continued on to the safe house.

... For the most part, she was rather silent. At least until a loud 'crunch' fills the air, along with Vitor suddenly shouting, and a snake darting between Freya's feet, causing her to jump to the side out of surprise. Thankfully it didn't seem like it wanted to mess with her, mostly just wanting to get away. Looking to the side, Freya could see what the commotion was about, that snake had bitten Leo, just as he finished his little golem... And it was a very, very poisonous snake, judging by how Vitor was reacting. 

"... Yeah, I'd like to get to that safehouse as soon as possible" Freya commented, more so a whisper than anything else. She had nothing to help slow hat deadly venom. Only way she could help was if he... Well, died from it.

"He has a point," the knights voice came from his helm a bit muffled, on account of the big, gauntleted hand that had he had firmly placed on his visor himself as he shook his head, sighing internally "The beast is gone, and it is not like it attacked unprovoked. Let us leave it be and continue on our way, lest more foolish.... incidents occur with the local wildlife."

With Vitor in the lead, the group makes it to the Overwatch safe house in time to administer the antivenom to Leo.  Leo gains the incurable status condition "Toxic Shock Syndrome", which lasts 5 in-game days and converts any new poisons he suffers from into constitution loss, killing him if it drains constitution while he's already at 0.

Everybody gains 8 merit!  Except Leo, who only gets 7.

The Overwatch safe house comes with beds, several tablet computers with a satellite uplink, a small training area with a punching bag and some free weights, a well-stocked infirmary, and an armory which Nader presumably makes a beeline for.

Armory Contents:

Spoiler

3 Overwatch-issue PDWs:  These French-made guns are optimized for low weight and resilient reliability, perfect for sneaking up on a Bastion nest and shooting the weak point for massive damage.  Deals 1d4 + dex damage, fires 3 round bursts.

4 assorted pistols:  A hodgepodge of personal firearms.  Deals 1d6 + dex damage, with a dex% chance to critically hit for double damage.

1 plasma pistol:  A sleek, futuristic firearm encased in a white, plastic shell.  Fires bolts of yellow energy that deal 1d8 + int damage, with a dex% chance to critically hit for double damage.

1 flare gun:  Not much good in a fight, but it comes with 5 illumination flares and five signal flares.

5 frag grenades:  These explosive spheres deal 4d6 + int damage to whoever you throw them at, and half that to the two characters, friend or foe, closest to the target in the initiative order.  Use with caution.  Single use only.

5 flashbang grenades:  These explosive spheres stun the target for 1 round.  Single use only.

1 Overwatch-issue DRM:  This high-powered rifle was designed by legendary engineer Torbjorn Lindholm for extreme penetrative power and accuracy.  Deals 2d6 + int damage, has a dex x2% chance to critically hit.  Critical hits ignore armor.  Characters who are not practiced with firearms may dislocate their shoulders when firing.

[OOC:  Feel free to rest up, train, and craft!]

Contagion immediately stocks up with the plasma pistol, and one normal pistol. He wanders around, looking at the various other bits of the base, looking for a workbench.

"This'll do..."

Edited by Projeck

Once the group had arrived at the safehouse, Freya almost immediately sat down on one of the beds, leaning her staff on the bed while she examined herself. By this time, the regeneration had done it's work; Her entire body was more or less functioning perfectly, without any loss of itself. The only issue was that he outfit was... Kinda not in the best of shape. Too bad she wasn't much of a tailor, otherwise she'd be able to fix it, easily. Oh well, she'd just have to deal with a highly damaged sleeve on her arm and a little hole in her dress.

... After a bit though, Freya decided to stand up, leaving her staff at the bed she had picked out, giving a small stretch before heading back into the main area of the safe house, looking around for something to pass the time. After a bit, she eventually managed to find Blue, wherever he was.

"Hey Blue, what are you doing?" Freya asked, crouching down a bit (at least, in the scenario that he was closer towards the ground).

Ena also headed directly for the armory upon arriving. Afterwards she planned to go check out one of the computers, but for now, she was interested in the weapons available. After entering, she saw the man with the gas grab a few pistols, but that was not important. She saw a set of weapons available for her own use, and inspected a few. A few seconds to process, and then she picked up two grenades (one flashbang, one frag) and the DRM. She then headed to the entrance of the armory to go outside.

Edited by Strider

"I stole a button from the Pig-beast.  It will make for a fantastic shield, once I attach this bead to it.  I can psychically control anything blue with my psychic aura, so attaching the bead allows me to contrl this shield without wasting one of my hands."

He responds.

The rubber band bracelet which he attached to his shoulder previously wriggles angrily, before he pulls it off, and phases it away somewhere unknown.

"A parasite.  They can control Neurotypical wire warriors whose willpower fails them, but I have been blessed by the effects of True Water."

He explains.

"I do not know how it is in this world, but where I come from, all objects have some sort of use in magic.  I must assume this is only typical of my home land, as I have seen nothing like tinfoil armor, or Bead constructs."

"Nobody has wooden swords, either." Blue ponders, pressing into the pin on the back of the button, putting his full force into it, trying to pop it open.

A moment or three after entering the safehouse, Lucine flashed again, and returned to her normal clothing, with Opal merging back together into an annoying flying box instead of an annoying pair of guns. And speaking of guns, the girl's attention lingered on the armory for a few moments, her hands twitching with the desire to examine (and probably disassemble) the futuristic firearms, before she finally tore her attention away and sought out Vitor. "Hey, do you have any mercury I could use to draw a magic circle with? Or blood. I wanted to set up that summoning ritual. I want to use your shard, too, but I don't need that until I make the circle." Assuming the man provided what she requested, she would find an open spot away from everyone else, and very carefully pour out the liquid in question; if Vitor watched, he would note that the ritual was actually a relatively simple one; though if he knew of Servants and their summoning, he would note that it was notably more complex than the standard. 

"Those are grenades, Aquila.  You pull the pin, throw it at an enemy, make sure nothing you care about is near that enemy, and boom!  There's two types here.  The flashbangs make a load of light and sound to stun enemies, and the frags spray shrapnel and fire everywhere."  He holds up one of each as he talks to show the knight which is which.

"I can do a bit better than that, Lucine," Vitor walks over to an unassuming metal panel in the back of the safe house, and pushes it aside with a grunt of effort, revealing another room behind.  Inside the room lies a small table with a set of jeweler's tools, a rack vials of exotic substances (labelled as diamond dust, Athena's tears, distilled tranquility, quicksilver, powdered dragon scale, and essence of sunlight), a carefully carved, basic containment circle in the ground, and chalk sticks flecked with silver stacked next to it (presumably for temporary modifications to the circle).  "Welcome to my laboratory.  Such as it is.  Please go light on the rarer reagents if you need them; it's hard to get more."

Freya nodded in response, noting the rubber band that seemed to just fade away once it was taken off of his tiny little body, "Honestly, wooden swords aren't really THAT special. I know that if someone said that they used a weapon made out of wood, a friend of mine would freak out. Or probably call them an idiot, one of the two" Freya stated, having a second's hesitation as she tried to figure out if the person she spoke of really counted as a friend. It was quickly decided that they did.

"... Do you need any help with that?" Freya asked after a second, watching as Blue tried to open the pin of the button.

Spoiler

Leo's merit goes into the following actions and upgrades-

(Passive) Machine Synergy: When using mechanical or golemic equipment, the effectiveness of the equipment is boosted by 3, or by [Gm fiat] if No numerical values exist for that piece of equipment.  This does not take up an action slot

Create eternal ice: The user cast a spell that turns Ice into a synthetic form of eternal ice. Specifically, a verity of eternal ice that refuses to absorb heat.

Night vision: This character can see in the dark far better than others.

Upgrade to basic golem crafting: level 2: +4 to Int when crafting golems.

Leo, leg bandaged and anti-venom admistered. Hops up out of bed, and walks over to frostbrute. Who had carried the salvage and the little dancing golem back here. His leg still hurt, but hey, he had worked through worse. The question was, what would he do now. He could practice his fighting, or work on some equipment. Maybe Figure out a few spells? Maybe he should ask vitor what sort of threats they might be facing. Looking for him, its not hard to find him standing at the door to his lab. "Hey, what's in there?"

"Wooden swords are the standard I've always thought, I've seen many a stout red military band rout a castle, slashing through stone with their well honed spears and swords."

"I have it."

Rapidly, blue's body is flung into the air, and back down onto the pin, fist first.

A loud thwak, like that of a fist striking a board is the noise made by this.  It pops open after that.

"Even Legendary Knight uses a wide range of wooden weapons, though their size and strength make them more than simple toothpicks and pop-sickle sticks."  Freja would note that Blue said Legendary Knight, singular, as though it were a name.