[Epilogue] Wild West Showdown Mafia - Coyote Win

Daniel Blackworth

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mhhh the problem is that we haven't any clues as far as i know, so i wouldn't vote for the wrong person. I don't have any clues to show me too, but honestly for me Drakyle seems innocent to me, but maybe i'm wrong. I will wait again to write my vote.

That’s fair Lykos. The thing is, there aren’t any clues we can look to except for what they each say—villagers were too hesitant to suspect anybody last game and lost because of that; I don’t want to do that again.

@Refty365 I think none of us should base our decisions based off of past games, I've made said mistake before and it has never ended well. Just thought I'd throw that information out there before you continue this way of thinking. 

As for the current discussion going on, @Lord Drakyle brings a good point that fingers should not be pointed it's one's word against the others. If one of the two is mafia, and we do tip the scale to one or the other we have a 50/50 shot to get a fellow townie instead. This would obviously create an easy target for the next night/day; however, if said mafia member is an Illusionist they'll use their special ability then to strike and could possibly take out a crucial town member before they fall. If neither are voted for, then who is voted for is a random choosing which will create an even harder case to crack. Potentially a bigger mess as well.

I still refrain from casting my vote as I am having trouble analyzing who may be the mafia member. Anti is much more quick to defend himself and seems worried about their lynching while Drakyle is more calm and neutral about the situation. I'm all for the rush to kill someone but with little information we could end up with someone as important as the doctor being dead.

Quinnox, you bring up a good point about this game not necessarily playing out like the last one, but I think it is reasonable to think that if Drakyle is “mafia”, that he’ll play as “mafia” similar to how he has been seen to play before.

Yes, it’s a 50/50 chance between getting a townie or mafia in this situation, but those odds are much better than 4/9 (four baddies and nine innocents), so I think going with a random kill is a move in the opposite direction.

And again, I understand the want for more evidence, but the game is framed in a way that all we can judge based off of is what people say (at least in this scenario); given what both Anti and Drakyle have each said, Anti is acting more like what I think an innocent would act like (if they were in that position).

Knowing the maf, neither of them will be killed tonight, forcing a lynch. Anti or Drakyle are our only suspects. Also, did anyone receive an item last night? The blacksmith should be working every night, while the gunsmith shouldn't. While guns could help, they often end up wasting lives in my experience. It also renders the fabricator near useless if we know no guns are being handed out. 

@Refty365 How do we know you're not a mafia member as well though? You could be mafia and essentially know which of the two is mafia and which isn't so you'd vote towards the townie to save your fellow outlaw for one more night. Which could also bring @Venus into question from switching their vote. Doesn't necessarily mean you're mafia or town but it raises suspicion in my eyes.

Quinnox there isn’t anything to prove I’m not mafia, just like the majority of players (if not all of us); yeah I could be voting for Drakyle because I’m mafia, but I’m not—I’m doing it because Drakyle has been more suspicious in my opinion, and I’ve given my reasons why multiple times. But yeah, there isn’t anything to prove I’m not voting for Drakyle because I’m mafia, but there’s also nothing to prove that you’re not mafia trying to protect Drakyle (since you’ve seemingly sided with him from the get go, and not addressed my reasons for voting Drakyle and instead basically just said “well you could hypothetically be mafia too”).

And once again, if we end up voting for Drakyle to be lynched and he’s innocent, I’ll own up to the fact that that implicates me (and I hope that I’ve I’m lynched and shown to be innocent, those who are casting suspicion on me will own up in the same way, since that only seems fair).

But enough empty fingerpointing—let’s talk about who we think it is and give good reasons for what we think or disagree with.

In all honesty it's more just let's not be so hasty rather than protecting them, who knows maybe I will vote for them. I'm just saying being quick to judge can result in a horrible decision, I'm thinking of what's happened in a previous game where that mistake was made and the town killed their own nurse. If you're right in your suspicions I'll say sorry for doubting you, but it's not like I am planning on voting for Anti over Drakyle.

Of course a random vote is also a possibility. But with my luck you would vote me. If everyone would do a random vote for themselves then the one lynched would be the inocent ... 

There is also the possibility of a gun. But there is also the fabricator so I wouldn't recommend it. That being said lynching one of is definitely the best choice.

Ps I will vote on Alistair for no other reason than that he survived too long 

just kidding, I won't vote you for now

PSS I won't recommend the sheriff, because it's too early

Edited by Anti_Hero

The reason I said the innocent shouldn't have to defend themselves is for the same reason I have been repeating god knows how many times, without evidence is one mans word against another, it amounts to nothing so I don't see the point.

If you are trying to use the game of Witchhunt to figure out when im Good Guy and Bad Guy don't bother, I don't change how I act because it creates a way to be identified, my personality and play style remains static and doesn't constantly change. The consequences of this are mine to bear but it gets boring acting the way everyone else would.

I also am a little confused Quinn jumped to my defence but perhaps they just saw the point im trying to make and are following it, but either way, vote me or vote anti or vote anyone else if ya wanted but do it if your reasons for doing so won't eat at you if it's a bad choice.

I don't see though how it is defending myself to simply point out the obvious but what do I know?

That's all I have to say for now, but like I said before, with the exception of my role for obvious reason if you have a question you want to ask me then ask away and i'll see if I have a satisfactory answer be it Doom me and Save me matters not to me, defending one self and not defending one self, in a 50/50 shot with no evidence it doesn't amount to much, either way one of us wont see the Night Phase and I don't have any regrets no matter the outcome for staying true to my personality and not pretending to be someone else.

Atm the only 2 players that are definitely suspicious due to the circumstances are Anti and Drakyle.

Anti provided solid points, and I'm inclined to believe he's not our killer. That's not to say I'm 100% sure we can trust him, but for now I don't want to vote against him.

Therefore:

[Eliminate] Lord Drakyle.

I might change my vote, should useful information resurface before the end of the day.

I don't know if anyone realizes this but this is a perfect murder scene to get away with.

There's not only one but two other possible suspects that can buy time.

Speaking of which @Refty365 was quick to jump to a conclusion but when @Lord Drakyle came with a counter argument he shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Edited by Seal
To add something I forgot.

Quinn, ok, that makes more sense—sorry for misunderstanding you.

Anti, I think guns can only be used in the day if they’re not used for mafia killings. And, for the purpose of fairness, why should we believe it’s not you?

Drakyle, ok, I understand that—while a lot of what you said earlier was an explanation of why you thought I shouldn’t vote for you (which comes across as defending yourself, even though I think the rule you introduced is untrue), it would make sense that you’re just being yourself—then again, you seemed to lose your calm more over my ingame decision (which won’t haunt my conscience, since it’s an ingame decision; strange to use a guilt argument in this kind of scenario) than to be put in a place where you find out “for sure” who a “mafia” member is. So clarifying question: do you think Anti is mafia? Yes or no?

Seal, I know for fact what I’ve said has come across as super sketchy, but I’m just trying to put all of my thoughts out to everybody in case I die early in the game again. But the only reasons I have kept my accusation are 1) he didn’t give arguments that satisfied my suspicions of him and 2) I know I can change my vote if somebody does/says something that changes my mind. But yeah, shrugging off an argument/counter-argument is suspicious (that’s why I tried to answer all that I could whenever I responded), and it looks like Drakyle has done that with what I’ve said at least once (one of the reasons I’m suspicious of him). And what are you referring to at the beginning of your post? Fabricator?

And to conclude, just some final thoughts that I’m sharing just to be transparent, now Alistair and Anti kind of look like they’re buddy-buddy, and are acting kind of how the witches played last game (in my opinion, which could be wrong), so I’m going to keep my eyes on them. 

So, to conclude (for now, since I have class soon), my comprehensive suspect list (which doesn’t mean I think they’re mafia, it just means that there is possible justification for suspecting them): if Anti is mafia Venus, Alistair, and (for fairness’ sake) me; if Drakyle is mafia Quinn, and Seal (if Drakyle is mafia, anybody defending him or casting doubt on those who suspect him is suspect by association, and the same goes for Anti).

And as of now, it probably wouldn’t take much to make me change my vote.

Attacking the Saloon Owner at all was unlucky for the outlaws, wasn't it?

We can be sure either Anti or Draykle is guilty since we know the killer had to have visited Mega to do the deed (we do know that right?) 

So, even if our guess is wrong today we could vote the other one the next day anyway, though it would be preferable to not eliminate an ally. 

Also neither of them would be the doctor, since if one was Mega would have survived. And neither is a coyote since the description suggests otherwise (besides, guessing Mega's role with no other info would be very lucky) 

Anti said he's not the one (which could of course be a lie), but Draykle admitted there's no way to prove innocence past just saying who you are, and that's no fun (though the guilty party could not even do that without lying, and risking being caught) 

Doesn't really make sense to vote anyone else unless you are invested in keeping one or the other (or...both?) alive. 

Seeing as how I do have to vote for someone... 

[Eliminate] Lord Draykle 

Call it intuition I guess, though I am often wrong. 

oh goodness I wrote a novel

Guest Sparkin'

Let's be honest, @Quinnox. If someone who you suspect wrote an innocent-looking post, wouldn't you believe them and vote for the other possible suspect?

And also, I can't keep the same opinion all the time. My first vote was just an "it's you or her". Meaning that if I don't get it right, I'll get it right in the next day.

If the reason you suspect me is just because I changed votes, then you're saying that I should keep my vote, even if it means that it's the wrong one.

Well, i said the guns because if it is used now, you can still lynch the other one. So I didn't mean to use it at night. But it's too early

I don't have solid proof that I am inocent. I can just give my word in this game full of lies. So basically it's worth nothing .

I can't even roleclaim because even if I fakeroleclaim to make my counterpart roleclaim the same role as I said. And thus another person would know he lied and I too so he doesn't know my role. This means he is mafia. But if I do that I expose someone else too. Giving the coyote another target. I can roleclaim and lord will claim that said role and it is still an impass...

So basically I can't give you proof. I will just ask everyone to vote fast. If I have to roleclaim I want to do it and not be alynchtairerd 

So everyone just do me that favor (i don't think it's unreasonable) 

Another way would be deciding by luck, since I don't know who the major is I can make a random list and half vote on me and the other half on lord. This would make the decision by luck 

Time for a vote. It is currently a standstill and it won’t break. Also, Seal, care to explain your vote? Also, Draykle is right in that we can’t point fingers. If Draykle is innocent then we know Anti is not, but it’s a risk I’m willling to take. 

[Eliminate] Lord Drayke