[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

As Frigus finished a large segment of a particular boat several small gold orbs appeared from seemingly nowhere and forced their way into his pocket(+2 Munny).

He continued to work, his clothes mostly dried out by this point, and while it was a little cold out....well given his choice of magic the cold doesn't really bother him.

Frigus continues to work on the beached boats using both of his actions and Combo+ to do it.("damage" is 2d6+6 for each attack)

Jun glanced in the direction of Harry for a moment before she slowly walked up to him and said "I am pretty sure that it wouldn't take too much effort to start one with the plasma swords we all seem to have. Although I honestly don't know where we might find some wood to burn...". She would then slowly head towards the nearby beached boats after she had finished saying those words. And with a simple flick of her left wrist her plasma sword seemed to launch into her open hand before she finally activated its blade in a flash of bright red light...that was quickly switched to a much more subtle and less linch worthy magenta as she quickly fiddled with the plasma sword's controls. "But anyway I'll try to help Frigus out for a while. Try not to overwork yourself".

Activate the A.G.I.L.E. system (The Ambassador's power armor comes equipped with the ability to climb up walls and "fly" in short bursts when inside a planet with Earthlike gravity, he can choose to temporarily overcharge this system and add his Intelligence to his Dexterity or Strength stat for two rounds. Three round cooldown. Level 2: Two round cooldownto boost Jun's dexterity to 14 and double jump over to the beached vessels before helping Frigus slash some of them apart. 

"Hi." Harry turned from the newly golden ground, glanced down at the ring the newcomer was holding out. What was he expected to do with that? And who was this person? A new member of the group? Another short girl, and she was offering a ring for some reason? "I don't think we've met? I'm Harry. I don't think I could make a fire with that ring, but if you can, by all means, please do? Just to make sure no one gets hypothermia or anything."

Eva

Eva nodded, "Hi! Eva!" she said happily. She swiped her chakram through the air in front of her, causing an arc of orange to appear momentarily before vanishing into several puffs of flame. She could start a fire easily, but currently she didn't have anything to burn.

Harry smiled, and nodded. "Eva. Huh. Guessing you're part of the team now?" They just seemed to keep popping up, didn't they. Well, she hadn't taken action, so Harry deduced that whatever the ring did, it couldn't sustain a fire without a fuel.

"Oh, hmm. I think there were some pallets in the warehouse? We can burn those. We're going to want a fairly slow burn, since I don't think we've got too much wood, and who knows how long this job will take. . ." Harry's voice shifted from addressing Eva to into introspective mutters. He then set off, with the new arrival, if she wanted to, to the warehouse to grab  few pallets and bring them out to the docks.

Early Morning

Mirri Starts by cutting a massive chunk out of the Large Tanker, and hauling it to shore.  (9, 6) The Sandbar takes 20% of it's health in damage as the Tanker takes 25% of it's own health.

Ren Succeeds in absorbing the magic, returning the water and soil to normal.

Proditor, meanwhile, is sped up by Kusuke, he doesn't exactly realize this, but does manage to lift out (16, 11) 50% of both the Southern and Northern Underwater Wreckage, bringing it to the shore.

(15, 9) Harry and Eva create a blazing fire, good enough for anyone to warm their bones by.  Nobody is Cold and Wet for 3 Turns.

Frigus hacks at the boats, dealing 30% of the Beached Wreckage's health, and creating more precious scrap.

Arminius Enters the Encounter.

With Jun's assistance, Frigus manages to create another 20% in damage to the Beached Vessels.

Theme

Hide contents

Status

Hide contents

Average Dex: 3

Allies-

Arminius: Fine

Eva: Fine (Wave)

Harry: Fine

Frigus: Perfect

Satomi: Fine

Lilly: -4 Health, Lightly Concussed

Ador: Perfect

Ren: Fine

Proditor: -2 Health

Kusuke: Fine

Enemy-

Massive Tanker: 25%

Southern Boats: 0%

Northern Boats: 10%

Eastern Boats: 50%
Western Boats: 50%

Central Boats: 50%

Beached Wreckage: 130%

Southern Underwater Wreckage: 0%

Northern Underwater Wreckage: 0%

Eastern Underwater Wreckage: 50%

Western Underwater Wreckage: 50%

Central Underwater Wreckage: 50%

Sandbar: 80%

Loot-

(25) Timefucked Metal Fragments

(25) Timefucked Gold Fragments

(29) Dented Steel Plates

(15) Assorted Boat Nonsense

(11) Ruined Boats

--

Edited by Hal Henderics

At first, Satomi was rather significantly distracted by the fact that the bay has turned a blinding gold color, which caused her to shout a "Ah! What?! Kami!" and squint, her already-poor eyesight blurry for a moment until she stopped being dazzled by the sudden burst of goldness and light. "Bah... nothing to do but keep working... but... seriously... what?"

Using the one of the last remaining floating boats, Satomi got herself (and all of the metal plates she had got from the disassembly, piled up in the back) over to another cluster of boats, and using her sword and some of the pieces of salvage and tools left behind, Satomi began to work on disassembling these boats, too.

Satomi uses Structural Disassembly on the Central Boats!

Loadout:

Spoiler

Structural Repair: Satomi starts to repair the damage done to a structure, a skill she has developed over the course of her duties. (INT+CON)d4 damage repaired to a structure such as a base, building, siege weapon, or fortification.

Light Samurai ArmorA set of light, rectangular armor plates across Satomi's shoulders, thighs, and chest, it's hardly the most heavy or thorough armor, but it does the job of giving her some protection while also not encumbering her. +3 RES when equipped.

Iaijutsu Strike: Satomi performs a strike from the Rokugani art of Iaijutsu, drawing and striking with her sword in one lightning-fast movement. This does the damage of the weapon she is using, but First Strike. If she is using a weapon that merely enhances damage, this deals 2d6+STR.

DaishoA set of two swords (a katana and a shorter wakizashi) carried by absolutely any Samurai at all times, the Daisho is a mark of the Samurai's noble class and honor. 2d6+STR damage, when upgrading the weapon Satomi can choose a different effect for each sword (Katana and Wakizashi) for each level, but must choose only one of these swords to wield in combat at the beginning of each encounter.

NEWLY CREATED: Structural Disassembly (Trick): (INT+CON)d2 damage done to an inanimate structure. Can not be used in a hostile situation. Has a chance of either providing useful scrap or damaging the user for 1d2 damage or more, whose element depends on the target.

Frigus took a moment's pause to look around and catch his breath.  Wow, they were getting through this faster than he thought they would.
After this short break however Frigus went right back to work cutting and dismantlement the boats.

Take a break and look around with the first action, then Keyblade attack and Combo+ the Beached Boats again.

((I forgot stuff for my loadout before, mainly the fact that I have six slots, so I added one.))

Harry is going to use one turn to try to remove the lightly concussed status from Lilly (either by status removal (Disinfect) or straight healing (Slap on a Bandaid and call it good enough), and use the other turn to see if he can assist Frigus with the beached boat disassembly process.

Spoiler

HP: (Con*2)+20=38
Moves: Minimum 2.

Essence: 1

Constitution: 9

Dexterity: 1

Intelligence:  7 (x1.25)->9 (+3 on wounded)

Resistance:  3 (+5)

Strength:  3 (-2)

Synergy: 1

Perks:

Prodigy: Harry's INT is treated as boosted by 25%.

Advanced Biotechnology: Harry regains 10%MHP per turn.

Applied Knowledge: When Harry tends to someone else's wounds, he regains half the HP he healed for them.

Flaw:

Combat Surgeon's a dangerous job: For one round after healing an ally with a single target heal, Harry is hit with a copy of all attacks that hit that ally.

Slap on Bandaid and call it good enough: Heals one target by 1d4+INT

Disinfect: Remove all statuses from a chosen target. 2 turn cooldown.

Speedy Prognosis: Harry gets one extra turn per combat round. Nonupgradeable, and cannot be duplicated.

Jump Start: If an ally has been brought to 0 HP within the last two rounds, Harry, using a combination of a large adrenaline injection, a small electric defibrillator, and a bunch of cellular regeneration compounds, may bring that ally back to life at half health. Once per world cooldown, and won't work if the ally has been completely incinerated or something similar.

Wolftech Kevlar Polymer Synthesis Heavy Ballistic Infantry Combat Armor: Grants +5 RES, but at a -2 STR penalty.

D'Arnet's Modern Military Medical Procedures Digital: Whenever Harry is faced with a problem he is having difficulty with, he consults this eleven thousand page book on his compad, where there are clear and concise instructions for unusual situations, with even speculative ideas about Xenobiology. It even contains an advanced human being analogue program, used for field tutorials and for estimating the effects of chemicals on human physiology. Harry may be brilliant, but even he needs a compilation of all the knowledge he can get. Grants +3 to INT when treating wounded.

"Wh-whuh--" Getting jumped around in time and seeing... herself... work was super weird, and frankly enough to dizzy Satomi more than a little, but it was so useful that the young samurai didn't even stand around and gawk, she just got to disassembling.

A LOT of disassembling.

Satomi uses Structural Disassembly four more times, twice on the Western Boats and twice on the Eastern Boats.

Edited by Powder Miner

Ren had been rather surprised at his role so far honestly it felt like he wasn't needed or wanted. A frown tugged at their face for a moment....they needed to focus right? To help Lilly.

But Harry was handling that and everyone seemed like they would be fine. Ren had done nothing and been able to do nothing this entire time. Ren, however, did not expect what happened next noir could many people have guessed what would happen next. A soft sound gentle barely a whisper like a small ripping sound.

It grew and grew growing so it could be heard rather clearly echoing throughout the area and Ren was blinking by this point his eyes containing confusion and then it opened with a small final popping sound like the fabric of reality was being perhaps sundered? Or at the very least it had a rip in it and within a moment from the bay, a green glowing portal appeared. 

Golden Bay water falling into it like a waterfall and Ren's green eye's normally rather closed due to its slitted nature were wide-eyed and he took a step back. The Rift surged and that was what it was a rift powered by some sort of magic and within merely a moment tendril's of water almost solid looking formed around four of them overall. They moved rather swiftly too swiftly for Ren to avoid them almost certainly and it was obvious they were certainly going for Ren.

He seemed to struggle for only a moment before they gave a gasp. Ren knew this person's mana very well and it was this revelation that caused him to cease his struggling and within a moment he found himself flying down into the portal dragged along. Giving a nervous rapid wave and yelling something toward's the rest of the group clearly calmed down before he vanished and with him, the portal closed taking with it the Drakenite and perhaps some bay water.

"REN THINK'S THEIR FRIEND'S ARE DRAGGING REN BACK!"

Within the hour of that portal shutting if one were to be able to find the Drakenite? They would find Ren quietly eating some fish and chatting with two individuals one a heavily armoured large Drakenite and the other a rather strange cowboy hat-wearing man. He was clearly at his house and had an embarrassed blush on his face but he was certainly smiling all the same and really Ren kinda had to agree....they had dragged him outta something that was way over his head.

"...It's nice to be back...I missed this...Raph...Siegmund. Ren is happy to be back."

With Kusuke's Blessing of Clones, the Various Satomis make themselves known, time warping to allow her to do 5 times more work than normal.

The results are almost disturbing, like watching ants pick apart a carcass.

Eventually, the entire bay is left clear, before anyone else can really make themselves useful.

With a healthy sweat worked up, Satomi, singular, returns.  A boat full of metal floating towards the shore and beaching itself.

The Bay seems, Brighter, somehow.

Now just to figure out what to do with all the boats and metal and parts on the beach.

Uber and Leet look stunned at the formerly meek girl making mincemeat of the boats, while Tattletale gets a funny smile at Satomi's proud posture.

Or maybe it's the unexpected portal that sucked away Ren and a chunk of the area.

LOOT

(25) Timefucked Metal Fragments

(25) Timefucked Gold Fragments

(100) Dented Steel Plates

(50) Assorted Boat Nonsense

(20) Ruined Boats

(1) Ruined Tanker

MERIT

All Characters in the encounter gain 8 Merit

Kusuke gains +1 Merit for Outstanding Buffs

Satomi gains +2 Merit for Outstanding Deepz and MVP status.

Proditor gains +1 Merit for Surprising use of Telekinesis

Arminius gains +1 Merit for Decisive Buffing

PR

Only 29 Noise Complaints were made, Good Work Team!

All Characters in this plot gain +10 Merit for completing Chapter 1: Cladogenesis (World of Worm)

Edited by Hal Henderics

Once Proditor placed the final bit of the wreckage down, the Ethereal finally relaxed, a motion that would be nearly impossible to see due to his outfit. He noticed that the strange, large boy (man?) from earlier was gone... But, disregarding that for the most part, Proditor floated up towards Satomi, "Good work. I never thought I'd see someone capable of taking apart that many boats in that little time" he stated simply, turning his head to look at the three people he didn't exactly recognize. After a few seconds though, Proditor merely backed away from Satomi, turning his body to face the three... Yet not moving towards them, or anything of the sort.

... It was almost creepy like, in a way, even if Proditor was simply observing why they were here.

Satomi's commandeered rusted boat, piled positively high with all sorts of pieces from the boats that the medieval engineer had just mercilessly slaughtered with Kusuke's help, touched with the shore of the bay. Satomi herself was more than a little bit sweaty, her orange hair sticking to her head in damp strings, but she also had a silly grin on her face, standing high (or, given her dizziness, mostly high). She had a reason to be proud -- with the efficiency that getting sent back in time four times had given her, she had been able to disassemble the boats blocking the bay with frightening speed, and now the bay itself was a much better place for it. A fine exercise of her Duty, Satomi, thought, in a wider sense, and when Proditor came up to congratulate her, she bowed to him proudly. "I had help, of course, but thank you."

Now, given that she had just put forth a frightful amount of effort despite not actually having that much stamina at all, and given that she had just been through the incredibly disorienting experience of being sent back through time four times in just a few minutes, and given that watching herself work was probably an even more disorienting experience for her than the other watchers, when she stepped off of the boat she very nearly pitched face-first into the sand and had to wheel her arms and stumble around a bit in order not to fall down, but that didn't stop her from being quite proud of herself.

Lucille stared down at the tiny miracle sitting before her, and unlike earlier, it wasn't the dragon. 

No, both the dragon and the cat were beside her, Do sitting lazily among the pile of accorns, seeds, and various other plant stuffs he'd collected upon her direction, and the Dragon simply sitting there with a confused expression on her face. The last of the glow from that circle of scattered dreams faded, and in its place was something that marked perhaps the most significant thing she'd accomplished in the past 42 hours. Well, the most significant in the sheer benefits and practical uses it could provide if nothing else, at least. Sheer Magnitude wise, it didn't come quite close making a theoretically immortal being, or transmuting functioning, non-flesh horror life from an inanimate object, but still...

Spoiler

-Galdur Seed: When fully grown, it will become a Galdur Tree, whose every part contain the essence of restoring life and vitality.

A Galdur Tree. A Tree from which every part of could be harvested and made into some type of medicine, a tree which practically brimmed with life force... a tree that had, on more than one occasion saved her life as it derivatives mended her wounds. And now she was holding the seed of one... one she had created, through nothing more than a bit of fusion and probably some subconscious influences from her earlier thoughts coloring her intentions.

"I did it..." She muttered beneath her breath, still scarcely believing it herself. Even now, a small chuckle began to escape, growing louder, and louder, as she scoped up the small seed from the now inactive sigil "I did it.... by the mavens I actually did it! hahahah.... I was so worried how I'd replace the salves, once they were gone, even went and made that kazoo thing, but it doesn't even matter anymore-"  

She stood, putting the thing away safely, along with the staff and the charcoal she used for the ritual. Just as before, the charcoal lines she had drawn slowly disintegrated, leaving nothing but blank concrete in their place "I wonder... this world and Arganor doesn't seem terribly different, in basic environment factors... this could probably grow here, if I planted it...though, it would be better to do it somewhere I could keep a close eye on it..."

A Close Eye indeed. One wrong decision now, and it could very well cost her the one ticket to accessing the best medicinal plant in her world she had... to speak nothing of the lost benefits to other worlds they benefitted, if she planted this genesis of the plant somewhere careless and it was destroyed by some happenstance... 

A Pot would probably work best, until it grew large enough to be transplanted to open soil- hopefully by that point she'd have found somewhere secure enough to do so. She started her search immediately, wandering about the warehouse with Do and the Dragon looking about as her literal eyes, a self-satisfied, yet not quite smarmy grin on her face...

Arminius also goes down to the beach to congratulate the small samurai.

"Hey good job everyone, you did that job quick and you only blew up the bay once! I'm sure that everyone will be pleased..."
Arminius turns to the three people not from the group.
"Hey, what's the best way to get the word out that we have scrap metal that we don't need? Because while I'm sure we have people that would want to make use of our haul, we could get some good money for the at least half of it by my reckoning."

"We're going to want to make sure all of that metal gets contained somehow. Not sure how we can use it yet, but I'm sure we can figure something out. Stuff's a little dangerous to just leave sitting around, though." He leaned back in a stretch, trying to cover slighty how tired he was feeling himself. Gotta watch that. . . "So what's our next move? Coffee? Naps? Punching some more Nazis?" 

Calvera finally decided she needed to occupy herself. Something needed her attention. Anything. She stood back up, then stared at the burn mark on the floor of the warehouse that she caused. Instead of that crippling dread she felt before, she decided to feel motivated. She looked to her hand, and snapped. Again, at first nothing. She snapped again, and after a moment of hesitation, her arm lit with bright blue flame. It felt much more stable than before, and she smiled. After a moment of pause, she smiled larger, and jumped with glee. "AHHHHH! I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!" She exclaimed in excitement. "ARMINIUS!!"

Arminius looks at Kusuke, apparently offended.

"You were punching nazis without me? You know I hate people of their ilk, I would have helped if you said something. Oh just to get it out of the way now, you can yell at me about my powers."
Arminius looks towards the warehouse as Calvera starts calling him. He raises his eyebrows and then shrugs turning back to Kusuke.
"... Okay, yell at me AFTER I go see what Calvera is talking about."
With that he starts jogging off to the warehouse, eventually happening upon the exited star. He gives her a nod initially before looking surprised at the flames on her arm.
"Oh shit, hey great job! I knew you would get it down eventually."