[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

"Expertise would be useful. And you know, you're getting a fair amount out of this, and if we die, most of that ends. It really depends on what you're asking, but I think you guys giving input on worlds that you know should be a given." Harry was a little skeptical about them traveling to other worlds on a schoolbus, but he didn't see any reason why Uber and Leet would rip them off. "How sturdy is this bus anyway? Will it take a beating?"

"He means video footage, which is basically like a picture or a painting that moves. So that way they'll be able to see what we're doing while comfortable at home."

Satomi frowned. "How much of our journeys are they going to be recording? All of it, all the time? To be honest... I do not exactly like bringing it up, but having some of the things that have happened so far be recorded would have been a very great source of shame, and I would I think like to avoid being hit with a massive burden of shame."

"We'll be editing any footage that we get, obviously we only want to show off the good stuff, and possibly the funny stuff."

"Well, if we are going to take the time to give you access to our assistance, I'd like to think we are worth an additional fee, it isn't like you will need every interesting thing you find, and any props for our vids would of course be appreciated."

"The bus is made out of what L33t calls "Monomolecular Hydroaluminum."  Anything that would damage it would have already killed you and people within 3 city blocks."

"I think he explained it as being one single fused piece of metal."

Edited by Hal Henderics

As the sun marched to it's peak in the sky and eventually began to descend once more, Lucille could be found just outside the Warehouse through one of the large garage-like doors. The Dragon Whelp flew in small pinwheels in the air just a few meters overhead, giving what seemed to be pleased, raspy screeches as it continued it's practice... squeals that in all likelyhood would someday become blood curdling roars that leeched the courage from men's bones and made them shake in their boots, just like the mythic predators of old the drake was based off of... just like the ones they had shown her.

But that was a concern for later. She didn't even know whether the Drake would grow to such sizes, or how long it would be until she did, but so long as she was under Lucille's watch, there was little chance of the ancient past repeating itself... for though the whelp was in all other ways a nigh spot on replication of one, a genuine, historical Arganorian Dragon, she was not. The powers she held came from the Alchemical principles Lucille had used in her creation, not from her soul being split between this world and the heavens... She was a Chimera, not a Mythic. 

But either way, Lucille could almost sense the great potential within... she had already brought her under control, now the only thing left to do was to fix that one glaring issue with the scales... later though. She didn't quite have anything on hand she felt comfortable using in the ritual to correct it.

"You're doing pretty well," she called to the whelp, before jokingly to herself "Who knows, maybe someday you'll actually be big enough to ride on, if you end up growing beyond this size" 

Again, the whelp screeched with content. Like a streak of gliding, fluttering white on the ocean winds, she continued to bob and weave. 

With Astra (the working name she'd given to the beast, it wasn't much, but it was better than nothing) having progressed to the point she could fly without the girl's direct guidance, lucille felt it was as good a time as any to look into something that had been bothering her for most of the day. 

She took the Hearthstone out of her pocket, tossing it about in her hand a few times, still wrapped up in clothe. This damn thing had been no end of unpleasantness yesterday, but well... as they said, tomorrow had indeed been a new day, and so would the tomorrow following this one. She'd merely given up the first time, even if it was somewhat justified, given the thing had thrown her into the wall, disoriented her, and then topped it all off by assaulting her senses to the point of vomiting. But she had a different methodology in mind this time... one that would ensure none of that fuckery could be repeated.

And so taking off the clothe wraps, she scryed the stone, ascending to a higher consciousness and peering at it, not through any physical insight, but a metaphysical one... and she gleened from it

Spoiler

Quality Result:  3!  Lucille is able to discern a few things about the mysterious stone.  Firstly, it is definitely a storage medium, capable of containing vast quantities of some kind of magical energy.  Furthermore, while the stone itself is not sentient, the energy it stores can have a mind of its own.  What kind of energy does the stone store? All she gets is this: 

((Synesthesia Again- she tastes the mother fucking rainbow.))

Lucille almost gets the impression that whatever is in there is enjoying her reactions immensely. And is attempting to communicate something, but really, really sucks at it.

A wave of repulsion rolled over her, and showed on her face, as once more the sensation from yesterday overtake it. With it came a familiar nausea, but she was nowhere near as disoriented as she had been the first time, and manged to keep her lunch down. Eventually she managed to parse the feeling enough that the discomfort faded altogether, as she tried to dechiper the true meaning behind it all... Repulsion gave way to curiosity.

At the very least, the Stone itself was not Sentient. That much she could be thankful for. But whatever disembodied spirit, energy, etc that was bound to it... well that was a different story. Curiosity gave way to caution. There were several potential ways she could've gone about trying to crack the mystery further- more scry sessions or a transfiguration ritual just being chief among them... but she found herself hesitating abit to potentially empowering this thing with the latter. And the Former, well... obviously whatever this thing was, it was enjoying fucking with her... didn't really make her all that eager to continue these little sessions.

Either way though, a bright, shining beam of rainbow light projected out from the stone and into the sky, along with a general rainbow glow in it's general vicinity, unbeknownst to Luciile given well... obvious reasons. All she felt was the Synesthesia of colors expressed as smell and tastes.

Anyone in the warehouse or nearby however, could doubtlessly notice it with ease.

"Props, eh? I don't see why not. You wouldn't get first pick of course, since but I'd be willing to do that. We've got no real leader system, so you'll have to ask others, I think. Kusuke, Arminius, Mirri maybe? Not sure who else might care." Harry shrugged, shifting his backpack into place. There was a slight vibration emanating from it, likely the temporally altered metal.

Speaking in general to people who were around, Harry said, "Since we're getting out of dodge, I'm going to probably contact Dragon, tell her qe cleaned up the graveyard, warn her that we're disappearing off the face of the earth, and not to worry. Whether that be because they want us around, or because they'll be paranoid if we disappear without a word, and think we're up to something. Suppose we could probably make some requests, or get some payment for the scrap or something. We also still need to stock up on food and shit, I think too. . ."

"I wasn't planning on licensing footage of the nonsense we get up to any time soon, but it is a possible security hazard. You should never assume you're the only one who can do anything, so if we're puttering around the multiverse. . ." He left the statement unfinished, letting the implication stand for itself. "If that's the terms then that's the terms, but I'd be worried about it."

Frigus took a breath before answering Jun's question.

"Well to start you have to have a certain...natural disposition for it, in other words the Keyblade has to 'like' you.  Beyond that, a decade of practice goes a long way."
He paused for a second, looking around at the various piles of scrap laying around and more specifically the odd pieces of metal affected by Kusuke's explosion.  Frigus walked over to one of the piles and grabbed three pieces of metal, one gold and two steel.

Frigus walked with Jun over to by where most of the group was talking with Uber and L33t, he stopped just outside the main conversation group and turned to ask Jun a question.
"Want to see something neat?"

He then took the three pieces of shifting metal and pulled out two small crystal shards from his pocket, one solid black and the other vibrant blue, he then pressed them together in his hands.  When he separated his hands what could be seen is best described as a ball of floating light that slowly drifted upwards glowing brighter and brighter until it was at just above eye level, then with a final flash of light it vanished.

Frigus frowned and gave a look of confusion at this.

"Well I can't say that was suppose to happen."

Just as he spoke a clattering of one of the chains on his belt signaled the appearance of a new charm.

He pulled it off his belt and held it up for Jun(and anyone else at this point) to see, it looked like a miniature hourglass held in a gunmetal black frame in the shape of a mobius strip that fails to reflect light, sand made of fine black and blue crystals flows back and fourth within the hourglass, and the chain it's held by seems to be made of a similar gunmetal black that fails to reflect light, set with intricate golden gears.

"I definitely didn't expect that one.  Only one thing left to do now, see if it works."

He raised his right hand and summoned his Keyblade, Frostfell, into being.  As the soft icy mist begins to pour off the blade he reaches up with his other hand and grabs hold of the chain connected to a small ice shard dangling from the hilt of it, he pulls some and the chain seems to un-fuse with the Keyblade, turning it into a mass of vaguely key shaped motes of light.
Frigus attached the Frostfell keychain to his belt and then moved to fuse the new keychain with his Keyblade, his Keyblade shifted for what felt like several seconds but was in all reality closer to a half a second.

When it finished shifting its appearance had completely changed, no longer a mass of rough ice crystals, and now the largest feature of the Keyblade was a long nearly flat hourglass wrapped in a frame of a non-reflective gunmetal black mobius strip,  clouds of fine black and blue crystal sand move back and fourth within the glass, and the tines of the Keyblade along with its handle are made up of many intricate golden gears and widgets that move together like clockwork and make loud whirring and clicking sounds when focused on, but oddly fade to quiet when not.

Frigus just looked at it for a moment, he seemed almost stunned by it, before he finally took a deep breath and spoke.

"Alright, I'll take that one." He nodded slightly to himself more than anyone else, "And I dub this Keychain 'Time Spiral'."

He dismissed his Keyblade and looked forward, ready to answer any questions people might have.

Spoiler

Lilly spending merit, levels voice of the heart. Adding the following levels

voice level 2: When initiating voice of the heart on an attacking, or trouble causing animal or monster, Lilly gives the beast pause, as she bids them to stop.

Voice level 3: when using voice of the heart, Lilly can sense any attempt at deceit, barring certain rare individuals and circumstances. but by the same token she herself cannot believably lie or deceive while using voice.

Spoiler

Lilly, spending merit, adds the following move and level.

Vocal voice: The user imbues their words with their honest feelings and intent, so that all creatures may understand them, to the best of their capacity. Allowing the user to negotiate and talk with all living beings with a mind. However, unlike the psychic form of voice of the heart, this form is one way, and the user does not get response back aside from the actions and body language of those they communicate with. The user cannot believably lie or deceive while using this ability. The success of this action is based on GM discression and the users ESS. This action does not have an exhaustion value.

-Level two: When initiating this move on an attacking, or trouble causing animal or monster, Lilly gives the beast pause, as she bids them to stop.

Spoiler

Spending merit, lilly adds the following moves

Bloom: Lilly rapidly accelerates the growth of a plant with magic, and strengthens it, allowing it to survive in harser climates. Once per encounter

Enhanced blossom: The caster increases the strength and effects of an existing plant and its properties. 5 times per encounter.

Spoiler

Spending merit, Lilly gains the following stats

+3 Ess

+2 Con

+1 Intelligence

Spoiler

Spending merit, Ador gains the following stats

+1 Con

+1Syn

+1Str

Spoiler

Lilly gains the following trick

(Trick) Lightball: The user fires a ball of magic, which explodes into light and force. (Level 1) Deal 1d6+Syn Damage [Exhaustion 1]

Lilly, while everyone else was talking, and looking over there ride, was off poking at some grass. Trying to remember how those spells worked. Then she did. And to make sure she was remembering right, she cast them on the grass, which grew taller and tougher. Yep. those were working. how long had it been since she cast that? She had always focused more on the animal side of things, but now realized if she hadn't neglegeted plant manipulation, she might not have lost her bag the other day. 

What to do now though? Ador made his suggestion, 'Talk to the blind girl'. But what would she even say? How would she convince her to stop violating the minds of others? She tried to bring up her mothers memories, in hopes of learning something from that, but all she got is images of herself pouting after being scolded. It had been a long time hadn't it? Since her mother had used union to save her. It was far from a surprise she had trouble remembering things.

Laying down and Thinking back on the past two days, she hadn't been much help. Hopefully the next mission would allow her to make full use of her Voice. That had always been where she shined....

Edited by Endlessblaze

Calvera thinks to herself. Filming? That was the moving picture stuff, right? She didn't think she would mind it... would she? I mean, they were there to help people, and that was the gist of it. So would it be so bad for their accomplishments to be filmed? She couldn't think of any situations where she wouldn't be okay with the filming. So, she decided to speak her piece. "I, for one, think it's a good idea. People get to see our accomplishments. Us fighting for the lives of everyone, everywhere... we'd be legends here, probably. I mean... we'll be bettering other worlds, right? I'd say that's more than worth us giving footage..."

Arminius scratches his chin before shrugging.

"Well, of course we're going want to have first pick at materials like Harry said, we will need to review any thing you want to put out for sensitive information... but we should be able to do that long before you guys get to put it up so by the time we get here it shouldn't even be sensitive info anymore... I assume that if you're wanting to put this out in the world you'll want to monetize it? If you do that's fine, but we're going to have to agree on a reasonable split of the profits... As for extra information... actually yes, I'd at least be glad to grab some stuff you'd like in return for information on the world... Hm, I'm going to need to go home at some point and make this all a proper contract, you two don't have any problems with signing things in blood right? Demons are sticklers for tradition and, well, you've probably seen stuff that talks about that."
The last bit about contracts is said playfully, as if he's joking but could easily end up doing it if he wished.

"Yeah.  Those are the terms.  We'd be willing to give the same dignity we give to anyone else, Blur out faces, cut out certain clips.  It's entertainment, not journalism.  We don't necessarily need everything."

"That bus is worth more than any money you could get out of your own footage.  I'd like to think it more than covers any cut you are expecting, considering we are still the ones doing all of the editing, recording, and advertising."

"We are trading two things that are worthless outside of each other's hands.  A Trans-dimentional vehicle worth potentially millions that nobody in Earth Bet can use, in return for Footage that you couldn't make profit on where you are going without us putting it to good use."

"If you can find another one, it's either wrapped up in enough red tape to occupy you for years, or costs more money than most millionaires would wince at."

Uber says, his body language brokering no weakness.

"That being said, your candid footage is only worth so much.  If some of you were willing to come in occasionally for a Q&A with the fans, or even a guest appearance on our show, provided you get enough hype for that, we'd be more than happy to compensate you for those appearances."

By now, L33t has returned, wiping grease from his brow, and giving Uber a Thumbs up.

"She's fixed and fueled, ready to go off road whenever."

L33t Spots Frigus doing his thing.

"Uhh, are we going to have to worry about Heartless?  Keyblade wielders attract those things, don't they?"

--

Soma decides to reach out and grasp at the rainbow beam with her power, later, she would be found giggling and sparkling, spinning in circles in a manner her normally sound-of-mind behavior does not reflect.

"Shiny!"

Edited by Hal Henderics

With that, Proditor nodded. It would seem that they would finally be able to move on, now that they had their... Transportation. As Uber finished explaining, the Ethereal turned to Harry, "If you're acquiring things from Dragon, I would like to request that they acquire an IV injector, and a bottle of digestive enzymes, if that is in their capabilities" Proditor stated simply. He still needed a way to eat, personally.

"Right. I'll see what I can do. Might want duplicates for myself, though for a bit of a different purpose, I suspect." Not hearing anyone else making requests, Harry keyed in his ear piece to contact Dragon. Once he'd reached her, he said, <"Hey, Dragon. You might be glad to hear that we finished the bay. It's pretty much cleaned up, and there's a bit of scrap metal, though I'm not real certain what our plans were for that. However, should be able to get those lazy dock workers back in business now."> Harry grinned to himself, then continued.

<"We're planning on. . . you know how the blind girl mentioned some stuff in Armsmasters' lab? Well, we're not from here, and we're going to be going off world. Jobs to do, things to fix. You'll be happy to know that we're going to be taking at least one criminal actor in this city with us; not much, but definitely a marginally safer city. We're also kind of getting help from Uber and Leet. Again, sorry we're working with criminals, but who knows, they're going to be working with us, and they might spend more of their energies on that than their normal villainy."> Harry paused a moment, to give the woman a moment to digest this.

<"We're probably gonna be back at some point, and we might be able to help out with other stuff like the docks, or bigger stuff, if you want to keep an eye out for jobs and stuff. In the mean time, I just wanted to warn you that we're going to be disappearing, and ask for a small favor? One of our members an IV injector and a bottle of digestive enzymes, really a few general hospital items would be useful, like hypodermics, extra gloves, and sample containers. Normally I'd just go to a hospital like everyone else, but they don't tend to give away that stuff, even if you offer them money. So. . . if you've got any contacts or anything, I'd appreciate if you might be able to get me some general equipment? It'd mean a lot.">

"It'll cost $1938.55, considering you probably need it by the end of today, right?"  Dragon responds after exactly 3 seconds of wait time.

"Anyway, I did notice you working with them.  You know I'll have to report this, right?"

"Either way, I'm sure the goodwill you have earned here should smooth that over."

Jun would continue to do the reasonable thing and ask Frigus "So how often can you do that neat trick anyway? And what does it actually do anything more significant than changing the keyblade's appearance?". And of course Jun would set out to try and find someone who could help her fix the broken katana she had bought earlier right after she obtained an answer from Frigus. 

"Works for me, I guess." He still didn't like the idea, but this was probably the most harmless way they were going to get dimensional travel - something that had already been pointed out, of course. "Where do we sign?" The mention of. . . Heartless? caught his attention, though. "And, uh, what's a Heartless? Some kind of weird experiment gone wrong?"

<"Goddamn right we should have enough good will for this. Lung, giving you some toys, stopping a bioweapon transaction, and cleaning up a bay that's been a problem for years. . . Sorry if our working with them puts you in a difficult situation though."> Harry murmured. It was odd, as she seemed to have enough respect for what they had done, yet still felt the need to report something that should be harmless. PRT was probably just be anal about that sort thing, he supposed.

<"Yeah, I'll be needing those today. I should be able to pay that, though it seems like a lot. . . you're not marking this up for some reason are you? Ah, well, I'll be paying it anyway, so, see you soon."> Harry turned to address Proditor.

"It's going to be a bit expensive. We've definitely got enough money, and since we're going to be going off world, we won't need all of it, but I'm gonna need to guarantee it's a good cause. You need it for sustenance or something? Main thing I can think of if you're combining digestive enzymes and an intravenous. Might ask to inspect you later again, if you don't mind. . ."

Satomi, largely unmoved from her previous position except for circling the bus a couple of times, chimes in here, still examining the vehicle.

"I am probably one of the samurai of Rokugan the least opposed to commerce, considering that my mother belonged to the Yasuki family which does it in service of the Crab, but I don't think that you're going about it the right way, Arminius. What you're springing for here is actually less important than the bus itself -- any profits gained on this world are going to be useless outside of it unless we make a habit of returning, and we have a lot more to gain just from visiting other worlds. Just from the couple of days I've been here I've gained quite a bit of knowledge and gear, and really the "bus" is the best way we have to make progress in general. I'm largely satisfied with the deal, especially because it's secure by its nature. If the bus didn't work, they wouldn't be able to take footage, and if any extra negotiations come up later then we have the ability to dictate their terms than and there anyway.

I do agree that we should be able to say no on certain things being filmed, though."

"They can't film if we don't bite though. So they have a big coach that can do the job, that's nice. They also just said we can still find other devices to do the same thing with time, and considering we still have to prepare this world for the trespassers we have plenty of time to get them. Besides, do you know how much profit they can get if we actually bring them stuff? Just what Mirri has alone could let them live like kings for years if they recreate it."
Arminius puts his hands in his pockets.

Edited by kj1225

Satomi turns to look at Arminius and crosses her arms.

"We are not staying here for years, that's so problematic a "choice" that I hardly even want to discuss it. And we can discuss what to do with bringing them things when we actually have things to bring them, because when we actually have what they want then we can get what we want better than if we try to negotiate when we do not actually have what they want yet."

Proditor had been listening to the discussion between Arminius and Satomi, but at the former's latest remark, the Ethereal couldn't help but turn his head towards him, "You say that as if that is not already the case. All things considered, I would be surprised if our faces weren't plastered in a good number of places" Proditor stated, "... I for one am also not keen on remaining in this place for another few years. It would be best to expand our area of influence, so we assist multiple worlds at the same time."

Satomi's expression suddenly changes at Arminius' last sentence; she puffs herself up a little bit, which isn't terribly intimidating considering her tiny height, but then shoots a glare at Arminius which, even if it might not intimidate Arminius, is actually a surprisingly fierce look.

"I'm not afraid of being recognized -- I am no Scorpion clan "samurai", and we ought not be relying on treachery and deceit to conduct our affairs. I know from experience that those groups which would speak of using deception and "underhanded approaches", and wear m--" Satomi suddenly cuts off what she was about to say there, cognizant of the fact that pretty much everyone in this world wears masks, "...that those who use underhanded approaches are just waiting with a dagger in their hands to plant into the backs of whoever is in their way, no matter what they are doing, so long as they can bring their plots to fruition. I don't have any respect for deceit, and we DEFINITELY should not be staying here for years just to be able to rely on it."