[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

(17, 15) Proditor manages to slip the surly bonds of physics, perceiving another mind at the end of the link.  It is a Large mind, the size of a planet, but also a simple one, like that of an animal.

It's only thoughts are those of pondering, making connections, piecing together knowledge from the slightest pieces of information.

[Inference Engine], a raw burst of concepts that seem to roughly approximate it's title, a planet-sized piece of a larger being, devoted to making hypotheses.

When the bus shook, Proditor barely even felt it, even if his body did shake a little bit from the force. Even the portal opening up, with someone screaming for help didn't get a budge from the Ethereal. However, a few seconds after most of the group left to that portal, Proditor spoke to Tattletale, "... Tell me Tattletale, what is your power, specifically?"

"Then I believe I may have found the source of that power" Poditor stated, one of his hands coming out from underneath his robes, holding the knife he had acquired about a day ago. Last time he had attempted to connect to the source of a Parahuman's power, he seemed to have activated it upon himself, causing a knife to burst out of his arm. It was strange... But if it was something psionic...

"The last time I interacted with the source of a parahuman's power, I had it activate, causing this knife to come out of me" Proditor stated, looking back towards Tattletale, "I would like to attempt to establish my own connection with your power source. If it uses a psionic signal, I should be capable of linking myself to it" he stated. It was more of a request, and if Tattletale allowed him to do so, Proditor would attempt to do just what he wanted to do. If not, well... He'd probably still do it. This was a chance he was not letting slip by.

There wasn't much of a visual acknowledgement from Proditor, aside from his helmet snapping open again as he began to concentrate, using his own (rather large) psionic impression as a basis to connect to Tattletale's power source... Which, from his point of view, should work. The only question was if the power source would accept his intrusion.

Proditor gains a new trick to use for this task!

(Trick) Parahuman Trump: Proditor can gain access to an action by tapping nearby parahumans, this action starts at level 1, and can be used so long as Proditor is near that Parahuman.
When a Power is tapped, roll 1d2, on a 1, Proditor remains normal, on a 2, he assumes traits from the parahuman in question.
Proditor can assimilate this action into his permanent list, but the associated mental traits of that parahuman are also ingrained.

(8, 6) (63) (1) Proditor suddenly gets a rush of information, clues he's had piecing together rapidly in his mind.

Hint: The user accesses [Inference Engine], using it's processing ability to derive knowledge from parts.
(Level 1) The user can gain up to 3 hints about random elements of a situation.  This is refreshed each encounter.

Edited by Hal Henderics

At first, there wasn't much that happened when Proditor connected to the Source, aside from the feeling that he DID connect to it. Then, his mind was suddenly assaulted with a torrent of information, piecing together seemingly unconnected things in his mind with it's arrival. Yet, compared to the mass of knowledge he had already acquired over his lifespan, it was simply a bigger river of information than he had before. Which was not too bad, by any means.

"... And there" Proditor said after a good while (roughly 15 seconds of silence as he connected to the Source), his helm snapping shut, "It's a rather simple power, but extremely effective in the right circumstances. I can see how it would cause you headaches, due to the rush of information" Proditor stated. Then, after a second, the Ethereal straightened as best as he could, "I shall leave you to recover from your headache" he said, turning to exit the bus, still processing the new information in his head.

There was a lot of things he was wanting to go over from the last few days, anyway.

Once Proditor was out of the bus, he floated away from it... And simply floated there. Like a statue, as his mind raced, processing everything that had transpired recently. Probably the biggest thing was his new role in general. It was something that he had accepted, without any hesitation, despite how unbelievable the situation was... To most, at least. Deep down, Proditor always knew that the likely-hood of other forms of reality existing was very high. After all, ADVENT had managed to create a sentient program that existed in multiple realities at the same time. Not even the Trespassers were much of a surprise to him when he heard of them.

After all, they were likely the ones he and Angelis were fighting against for most of their lives

Spoiler

20 years ago

To be honest, Proditor was extremely pleased when he heard that Humanity had decided to surrender. After seeing the effects of a single battle on a single area, an event which Humanity would dub a "terror" attack, Proditor was glad that they had taken the route that would cause less casualties to both sides.

That was the entire reason that Proditor stood in the same room as the Angelis herself, watching from the window of the Temple Ship, gazing down at their new planet… Earth.

“It’s beautiful… Isn’t it, Proditor?” Angelis asked, her voice as calm as serene as it always had been, “After 5 months of cautious labor, we’ve beaten this race to submission. I must say, I’m impressed by your ability to locate their main base of operations”

Proditor, in response, simply turned his head to Angelis, then back towards the window, “After their assault on our own forward outpost in the middle of the Atlantic, it was easy to figure out where they were hidden. Them taking the Hypersonic Relay was their fatal mistake” he stated,  “I’ve already managed to take their ‘Commander’ into custody, though I was unable to prevent some of their chiefs from escaping. With your permission, I’ll give the orders to have them eli-”

“No” Angelis said, turning towards Proditor fully. Her voice had not changed, but Proditor could sense that it would change at any moment, as she tended to when she was upset, “The Commander is too valuable of an asset to lose. I have already arranged a… Use, for them” Angelis stated.

At that, Proditor himself turned towards Angelis, “... And what would that be?” he asked.

“I’ve set up a simulation for them, a prototype for the Codex. With it, they will be trapped within a cycling loop of the Invasion, to fight us off. They will be given the tools to defeat us in this simulation, but with increasing challenge as it evolves. Once they are in, we will gain tactical data to use for all of our forces” Angelis stated, with Proditor practically feeling her smugness, “They will compliment your capabilities well, Proditor”

For a few seconds, Proditor remained silent. Then, he spoke once more, “You are keeping the most dangerous creature that has ever walked this planet-”

“-Whom we have already defeated-”

“- Alive... If she manages to escape, then-”

“ENOUGH!” Angelis roared, her voice switching to a much deeper tone, her helm opening and becoming enveloped in light. However, she did not attempt to influence Proditor. Instead, she merely closed her helm after a few seconds, voice returning to it’s calm normality, “I will not argue this with you, Proditor. This is for the betterment of our kind… And our new race” she said, turning and floating away from Proditor, who simply watched the other Ethereal leave.

In hindsight, he should’ve seen the signs. Angelis’ aggressiveness, her willingness to keep the Commander alive, and her uncare towards Humanity as a whole… Or rather, he did see the signs. He just didn’t care about them at the time.

14 years ago

12 shots, 12 clean kills. Like normal, his prodigy, Gar’Vax Velhine, otherwise refereed to as ‘The Hunter’, had once again expertly maneuvered his troops around Proditor’s own forces, forcing them out and allowing him to cleanly pick them off one by one.

“You know, you really should stop going on easy on me. At this point I’ll actually feel like I’m catching up to you” the Hunter stated, leaning back as the simulation ended, resting his rifle on next to his seat.

Proditor himself simply rose from his own seat, straightening so he towered over the Hunter, “Perhaps I should, you’re learning fast than I thought you would” Proditor stated, “Though, you should stop relying on yourself, and learn to use your troops more effectively. War is not something you use to gain glory, Gar’Vax. If you stick your neck out too far, not even the Sarcophagus will be able to save you” the Ethereal added after a slight pause, watching as the Hunter merely shrugged, 

“Well, I’ll cross that road once I get there” he stated. Then, after a few seconds of silence between the two, he sighed, “Are you still trying to talk Angelis out it?”

The question came almost out of nowhere, at the time, but Proditor had merely nodded, “... Yes” he stated. Angelis had begun the AVATAR Project days before, and nothing Proditor could do to persuade her. It was for the betterment of their kind and Humanity’s, she had said… But there was no betterment for Humanity. Only slaughter.

Cutting through his thoughts, the Hunter merely stood, “Well, good luck I suppose. Though with how things are going, that won’t really help would it?” he asked, picking up his rifle and slinging it over his shoulder, beginning to walk out of the room, “I’ll be back in about a week, gotta get some more of my hunting in. I’ll make sure to tell my brother to chill with the praise towards you, I know you get annoyed with his constant blabbing” he stated, the door sliding shut with a small hiss, leaving Proditor in the brightly lit room, alone.

One year ago

“This project is needless, Angelis, you must realize it!”

“After 19 years, you still persist with this argument? The wheels have turned for 19 years. We cannot stop it now”

“You can. Use what you have, consider it the final product of the AVATAR Project, and if they are not strong enough, you can simply clone yourself to continue living-”

“I cannot do that, and you know it. If we are to prepare for what lies ahead, we need more power. Humanity is the only way we can defeat our enemy”

“...”

“We have done this multiple times, Proditor. Our forces are a culmination of our conquest and our domination. Why begin this now?”

“Because before we encountered Humanity, we had uplifted these creates from their primitive natures. Humanity is different, it has culture, history, something to strive for. And you are destroying it all.”

“... This conversation will go on no longer, Proditor. Do remember that you are no longer necessary… I have a suitable replacement for you if this is EVER brought up again from you. Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?”

There was no answer from Proditor, and no true conclusion to that psychic argument as Proditor cut himself off, practically fuming in his own ‘office’. He had let this go on for 19 years, and never took any initiative. Now, this genocidal project was nearing it’s final lap… And there was nothing for him to do.

… At least, before he decided to send critical ADVENT data to one of the Resistance Groups, a feat that took him more than 10 days to accomplish, then disappear into the wilderness, marking his official desertion of ADVENT.

With a small sigh, Proditor lowered his head. There was likely more he could’ve done in that situation… Though, in the end, it likely wouldn’t have had the same result. Specifically, the fact that he could’ve-

Suddenly, a sudden spike of pain went through Proditor’s head, causing all 4 of his arms to come out, the knife he had been carrying around falling from them as they went to hold his head as his body instinctively began to fold, trying to relieve the pain by lowering his head towards the ground. In said head, multiple images flashed through it, each one less distinguishable than the last… Except for the vague relation to his own world, Humanity, the AVATAR Project… And a black mass practically devouring Earth.

… And then, they were shut out, leaving Proditor with a paralyzing headache as he floated, motionless, outside of the bus.

From Proditor's time going over everything, he gains +3 Intelligence and a crippling headache!

he also gains +1 Int from his perk

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

As before a large red spiral signifies the opening of another portal.

After several seconds everyone piles through the portal with(almost literal) buckets of loot, some of them a bit bloodier than others, but everyone in decent shape.

Once everyone was through the portal began to spiral closed, only to stop at a pinpoint, re-open, and for a man in green armor to learn through, drop a large gun on the floor, and give a quick salute before the portal closed again.

When inspected one would find the words "BFG 2704" written on it.

Spoiler

BFG 2704: A monster of a gun, it fires a stream of alternating red and green plasma that detonates on contact with a solid object.

-Burn: Fire [Int]/4 shots at 1d4 damage each, ignores Res.

--Level 2: Now [Int]/3 shots.

--Level 3: Now [Int]/2 shots.

-Big & Heavy: This weapon is oversized and difficult to control, cannot be equipped if the wielder has less than 6 Str and it takes two action slots.

• Upvote 1

Calvera walks through the portal, carrying a tome, which she inspects. Her curiosity seems satisfied, when her hands suddenly erupt in lightning, to her surprise. When she drops the tome, the electricity goes away, and she proceeds to pick it back up. "Well that's cool!"

Her eyes went to Proditor, who was holding his head. "Hey, Proditor, you okay? Are you hurt?" She puts the tome away, and goes over towards the Ethereal, floating over.

Edited by Projeck

Proditor had remained in his position for several minutes now, trying to calm the near murderous pain in his head. Unfortunately, that was when the portal that had taken the party reopened, with the rest of them popping through it... Which caused another spike of pain to go through his head, causing his form to fold in even more. For a few seconds, Proditor remained like this, struggling to regain his composure, before he began to straighten, his hands falling back underneath his cloak. His brain still felt like a knife was inserting itself into it, but he could at least manage to remain composed. When Calvera spoke, she could likely see the small twitch in Proditor's head, since any shift underneath that would be covered by his cloak,

"... I'm fine. Just a simple headache" he stated... Except it was quite obvious that it wasn't really the case. Specifically, the telltale sign was the fact that Proditor was PHYSICALLY speaking, not using his normal psionics like he normally does, so Calvera would simply hear Proditor's voice as quiet and raspy, barely above a whisper, very much unlike his (sometimes loudish) and composed voice.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

"I doubt someone as strong as you would be as... crippled as you seem to be, by a 'simple headache,' Proditor. What's the issue?"

Calvera lightly laid her hand upon Proditor's back, she learned this to be a comforting notion. Maybe it was only to humans, but she was trying regardless. Her eyebrows furrowed with worry, but she quickly replaced her expression with that of a light-hearted smile.

Edited by Projeck

Once people started arriving again Frigus sat up, pulled himself together, and made his way over to the Bus.  He jumped off his glider(which dissolved behind him) and stepped in.

"So what did I miss?"

He asked generally to the group that just came through the portal.

Arminius snaps his fingers, causing Piglet to disappear and be replaced by a slightly confused looking Sindragosa.

"Not much, went to hell. Fought demons and abominations, Lucille... did something I can't even figure out. Oh, and meet my new friend Sindragosa."

The wyvern looks at Arminius for a moment before turning back to Frigus and waving.

Frigus looks at Sindrgosa for a moment.

"I uhh....see that.  I don't want to tell you how to use your powers....but please be careful with them, you're throwing around some very potent abilities that might cause serious harm should something go wrong."

If it hadn't been for Frigus's concealing armor Arminius would seen a mix of nervousness and disappointment on his face.

For about a second, Proditor was silent. Then, he sighed. There was no use beating around the bush.

"I managed to connect to Tattletale's power source, allowing me to tap into it. The limits of this, I'll need to figure out, but one is that over usage of it will cause an influx of information that no normal biological being, including myself, could hope to control fully. It happened whilst I was going through what had happened so far that it hit. Needless to say, with the amount I picked up, there were thousands of connections being made, millions when I went back further. Eventually, it caused a snap between it and my mind, which, thankfully shut off the stream of information. Unfortunately..." Proditor said, lifting a hand and lightly tapping the side of his helm, which still managed to send a jolt of pain through his head, "It caused immense strain on my own mine. I doubt I'll be capable of thinking hard, or using any of my psionics, anytime soon" he finished.

When Harry arrived back, he immediately noticed the presence of an enormous gun. Thinking for a moment about the unpredictable elements in their group, He picked it up, carried it down the aisle, and set it under one of the seats. At the very least it would take someone longer to grab it and go "Ooo what's this?" before blasting their head off. And maybe someone would be able to stop them. Once he had done that, he listened to what Proditor was saying.

"Oh? Ethereals can get a thinker headache too? Very interesting." The question was, whether it worked the same way? Something to be answered at a later date. He then addressed Frigus. "Hey Frigus, you've got ice magic, righ--. . . Were you born with that name? Sorry. ANyway, I was just wondering if you might be able to put like some sort of permanent freeze magic on something, to make a fridge. To preserve stuff."

"Maybe Lucille could help too?"

• Haha 1

Arminius shrugs at that.

"Technically, I'm not even doing it. Just runes that take powerful bits and makes them back into living beings. Like uh... using manure! You aren't hurting anything when you do it, you're just taking naturally ejected parts and putting them back to use. Although I've been trying to get it to where I can take parts directly. Not too much though, gods know how awkward it would be to face monsterization without even being married. But I'm getting off topic, I really can't control when there's a lot of essence in the air."

Calvera slowly nodded, piecing together things slowly.

"I see... Um... well, while I don't quite understand the logistics of it, I'm sorry you're in pain. It does sound like a useful tool, however! Maybe you could have Harry try to fix it? Or maybe try the uh... medicine known as alcohol? Arminius did say it helps cure things, I think."

After a slight pause, Proditor sighs, "I should be surprised that Arminius said that... But I'm not. Alcohol is not something I'm keep on putting into myself either. My body would not react to it well. I simply need a bit of silence and time to recover" Proditor stated, "... It is a useful power, I will agree. But one I'll need to be more careful when using it."