[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

Frigus got a genuine look of surprise on his face as L33t mentioned Heartless.

"Uhhh, well you're right about Heartless following Keyblade wielders around.  I defeated those that I could find, though there might still be a few stragglers that will need to be dealt with.  I might be able to teach you something for that actually."

He looked over toward Kusuke to answer his question.
"They're what happens when a Heart, or what you would call a Soul, becomes fully corrupted by the darkness and then manifests in the world.  Being born of darkness they normally reside only within the realm of darkness, some things draw them out though, such as a Keyblade or a veryvery powerful being of darkness."

Frigus turns back to Jun to answer their question.

"I couldn't put a timer on it, but I can sort of feel when something has the potential for becoming a Keychain, and yes it does change more than just the looks.

A roar of engines heralds Mirri's entrance into the area, setting her X-Wing down next to the L33t bus.  Once landed, she stomps over to the group, looking as grumpy as ever, though she does take the time to send a brief bow in Satomi's direction.  "So this is the interdimensional vehicle?  Doesn't look like much.  Not that looks always count for much.  Let me guess, she's got it where it counts?"  Mirri snorts, amused at the memory, "Seems like everyone who's refurbished old tech uses that line.  Especially the Corellians.  Hey, these parts look a lot like my hyperdrive!  I bet I could follow you in my X-Wing, if you blazed the trail.  Which is kriffing good, because I'd sooner die than leave it behind."

"Uuuuum.... know what, nevermind" Lucille sighed, as she Do look over to where the girl in tinfoil armor was playing with the sparkles she'd extracted from the rock. She seemed totally in her own little world, and Lucille honestly didn't know how much talking would do. Instead she turned her attention back to the rock, and with the passing impression she would probably regret this, she took a breath.

And she reached out...

Like she was binding a beast, but instead of instilling a part of herself to try and establish control, she tried to communicate with it.....

Spoiler

Lucille prods at the stone, and accidentally manages to feed it a huge charge of Thaumic energy infused with the order inherent in such methods of casting.  There is a forboding sense of being watched, and the stone begins to shift, grind against itself, and condense further until six rough gems sit in front of her, their type and nature obscured by a thin coating of asphault dust.

In the center of the ring of gemstones, two tiny eyes open, yellow with red pupils, followed by the serpentine body of a tiny, snaggletoothed, Chinese-style dragon that appears as though it is being drawn into existence.  The tiny creature squeaks adorably up at the thaumaturge, before sniffing at one of the gems and drawing away, face pinched with disgust.

Do had turned his attention on the event unfolding before them, allowing the girl to get a visual of what was actually occuring. Even Astra had quite her flying practice and landed on a nearby crate, looking at the newborn lifeform with interest. Lucille simply stood there, speechless, mouth agape at whatever madness this was, before slowly but surely, she collected herself, and stopped down next to the little dragon. Once more, she reached out, but this time checking for something...

Spoiler

Stratos - Today at 1:24 AM
@Mandalorian Jedi Lucille lightly probs the dragon's mind to see if there's any sign of sapience

Mandalorian Jedi - Today at 1:25 AM
The new dragon feels like a human baby; something that will one day become sapient, but isn't there yet.

Sapience... the ability to reason, the possession of wisdom, or at least, the potential to someday.... and this little dragon here possessed the seeds for it. The girl said nothing as she stayed there, mind and heart alike racing, as the significance of what she'd done here hit her like a tempest fresh out of a hurricane...

and with it came simultaneous wonder, and horror at what she had, somehow, managed to accomplish. This being here had the same potential as a newborn human child... 

"O-okay, lucille, come on, deep breath... don't freak out...this is...good? potentially?" She had trouble convincing herself of it, as her voice trembled. There were laws against giving Sapience to life forms that did not inherently possess it, in the olden days, and so too were there laws against creating sapient beings from scratch. Laws set in place to prevent disaster, rules set in place because if a Thaumist could not control that which they created, it was their duty to destroy it in order to safeguard the rest of the world from the potential havoc their creation might wreak...

And both old Arganor and the Laws the Maven's themselves had passed onto her were also clear on one simple fact- To use the Thaum to dominate the mind of another Sapient being was an abomination, a crime worthy of death, or fates worse than it... and together, those laws, both old and new, left her with little choice... she knew what they would tell her to do, if they were here right now, in her head. She knew what her father would ultimately have told her to do, what any of the Thaumist from the college would've...

"No..." She muttered beneath her breath, "I can't... I won't... they may be our ways, our traditions, but this can't be the way. To hell with the old laws, to hell with what the men of the past decreed, they were the ones who wrecked it all in the first place. What did those arrogant fucks know of prudence, of sound judgement? What did they know of doing what was right, of protecting their world? Nothing... They knew nothing. And it got everyone killed. The only Thaumic Laws I'm obligated to uphold are those of the Mavens..."

And the Mavens said nothing of creating sapient life... only about dominating the minds of other sapients. By their word, the very ones who had taught her kind how to even perform such feats as this in the first place, lucille had done nothing wrong. Hence, there was no reason to take... corrective actions.

"Um.... hi there, little guy," She said to the newborn dragon, unable to help but wonder if he'd understand her at this point... or if she'd someday be able to teach him to speak, as he grew older. Either way, there was undeniably something here worth raising up, protecting, if only to see what the young lifeform would someday become and do, if led in the right direction. A type of potential only Sapient beings could possibly comprehend, that only they could possess... a type of potential beasts simply lacked. Why, even Astra, as interesting as the ivory drake was, paled in comparison to this. The difference between mere sentience, and actual sapience, was like a candle compared to a roaring forest fire, a single drop of rain compared to the ocean...

"I'm lucille," she continued, still not entirely sure if she was even cut out for the task, but absolutely certain that she wasn't going to do as a Thaumist of her world would've historically, in this situation. "And.... I guess I'm the closest thing you have to a mom....well this is... gonna be interesting..."

Do meanwhile, kept his eyes on the gems as his mistress welcomed the new lifeform into the world, watching for even the slightest sign of change, on her orders....

Lucille obtains the following:

Spoiler

Asphalt Gems: 6 rough gems coated in Asphalt dust, they, along with a newborn dragon entity, are all that remain of the Hearthstone Lucille previously created. What they're function and nature are, and whether or not they retain the same rainbow firing, energy storage and releasing properties as the Hearthstone, remains unknown. Further study is needed.

Newborn Dragon: A baby dragon born by an incident involving Lucille's beastheart abilities and a certain magical black stone. For all intents and purposes, this little guy is equivalent to a newborn human baby; he will someday but fully sapient, but still has some growing to do and isn't quite there yet. Lucille has adopted him as her own, but he still needs a name.

"Anyone besides the guy who steals bits of people's souls have an objection? No?" Kusuke shoots Arminius a glare before returning his attention to Frigus for the moment. 

"I don't think that happens where I'm from. Otherwise you'd have all sorts of people turning into them," he says, somewhat grimly.

Harry had mostly ignored the small debate that had broken out, and he was glad to see that it had petered out somewhat. He considered what he wanted to do now. He'd already packed up all his stuff in preparation for departure, but that wouldn't be for a few hours, so he had some time to fill. Thinking of nothing else, Harry approached Tattletale. "So. . . excited to get off world? Scared?" Harry knew he was, a little. He had it better than some, he supposed, having left earth by his own volition, and having then been dropped onto this world. But the first was a minor thing, and the second was not by his choice. So now, when they themselves would be initiating a journey to another universe, he felt a slight bit of apprehension.

"You're leaving to get away from someone named Coil, right? A cape? But, if you don't mind me asking, what does he do? How'd he get control over you? If we come back here, might need to be prepared for him, in case he recognizes you?"

Before Long, A large box on small balloon drops down near Harry, it contains a generous amount of medical supplies.

"(Ship Item) (Gear) Medbay [Small]: Allies in the ship receive one full heal when entering it, and some statuses may be purged."

At the same time, A Drone takes his money as a result.

In response to Harry's Question, Tattletale gestures a hand across her throat, this isn't something to be discussed in a place where prying ears even have a chance of existing.

She did so before the word 'Coil' even escaped his mouth.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"I don't exactly trust you to take a safe amount. Souls aren't something you play around with, especially to make slaves. Even if you're right and it doesn't leave a lasting scar, you can't see what's wrong with that?" He chose to ignore the rolling of the eyes, for the moment. Or, at least, attempted to; the flash of irritation it caused wasn't something he could fully suppress.

"You're leaving to--eh." Harry cut himself off as Tattletale motioned her finger across her throat. He was in the middle of picking up the gear that Dragon had dropped off, so he motioned for Tattletale to follow him into the bus. "Mind helping me install this? It'd be good to have an extra set of hands and eyes." He pointed to one of the packages of sterile tools for Tattletale to grab, and headed into the bus.

((Assuming she follows)

Once she had entered, Harry stared at her inquisitively, prompting her to show in some way whether this was suitably private for a sensitive topic like Coil, or if they'd have to wait.

Edited by Strider

"Nope. You leave bits of your soul everywhere you go, that's how you get ghosts, I just can take the bits that get tossed out in near death situations and turn them into tools. It's like using a branch that fell off a tree."

He shrugs again, really not seeing any problems.

"I see. Mind setting that down there then? Could you tell me a bit more about other stuff around here then? If you don't mind of course. Stuff about your group maybe, or your opinion on the local crime scene? I've heard a bit, but not from anyone who was recently active in it." Harry offered up the topics of conversation, then reconsidered, remembering something that had been mentioned to him earlier.

"Do you know much about the different S-Class threats? I'm specifically curious--from a purely professional point of view--about someone named Bonesaw. She was mentioned to me in passing."

Edited by Strider

Calvera continues looking around the edges of the bus, before coming back round to the entrance of the bus. She heads on in with a smile on her face. "Wow, this is rather spacious compared to what we rode in our first day here..." She casually passed by Harry and Tattletale. "Hey Harry. And...?""

"Call me Tattletale" She responds to Calvera.

"The key that explains Brockton Bay's Crime Scene is avoiding making waves.  None of the Gangs are pressured very hard, because it could cause collateral damage, and force the other gangs into motion."

"As for S-Class Threats, Bonesaw is the crazed Biotinker of the Slaughterhouse 9.  Her power lets her do impossible things with living and dead biological material, Viruses, Plagues, and Frankenstein Monsters are all within her capabilities."

She takes some time to explain a bit more, some things Harry knew, some things he didn't.  He gains 1 Int as a result.

"Slaughterhouse 9. . . so they're the type to create chaos for chaos' sake? Just want to watch the world burn? And they've got a madwoman with the ability to wipe out the entire civilization on a whim. And she's just one of the people at that power range?" Well, it very much sounded like that was a group that they would need to deal with sooner rather than later.

"Thanks. Sounds like an. . . interesting person at the very least. By the way, if it's not too personal, would you mind telling me a bit about your power, later? I'm guessing it's not just straight mind reading." She'd been able to figure stuff out about them at the PRT, when she was probably pretty far away, and if she had that kind of range, there would have to be extra facets that let her shut out stuff, and hone in on subjects of interest.

"Oh, hi Calvera. Make sure not to touch any levers or buttons, by the way. We're probably going to want a tutorial from Uber and Leet before we do anything that way."

After a bit, Proditor began floating towards the bus, moving towards the entrance of the bus before beginning to enter it... Being forced to bend quite a bit, due to his height. As he entered, he noticed Harry, Calvera, and a woman he, personally, didn't actually know, aside from what Harry has said before.

"Hm. I don't believe we've met before" Proditor said as he moved into the bus, his helmet almost hitting the top of the roof despite being bent over. There wasn't much he could really say, in all honesty. He was a bit focused on trying to figure out how to get comfortable in this damned place...

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

The Gang Files into the bus, it seems to be a 24 Seater Bus, the Pilot's chair has been altered with a number of panels and controls.

Someone eventually takes the lead, piloting the bus through Subspace until it arrives in a dark open place.

To the right of the bus, A plant is growing up from the nothing stretching down forever.

It is topped with a black flower, the flower has bloomed, and inside it, a Rotary Dial Phone is Ringing.  The Bus has pulled up so that the door opens directly next to this mysterious phone.

"Sherlock on Adderall. That sounds amazing. Minus the whole excessive drug use because Sherlock and all that. I just meant the power in itself." Harry spoke as he assembled the IV machine. He then addressed Calvera. "I'm doing fine. A bit anxious to move though."

It seemed that his anxiety was relieved soon enough, as they were on their way soon enough. When they had arrived, and the initial buzz of a journey offworld had died down, Harry turned expectantly to Tattletale. Someone else could get the odd phone outside the bus, since a glance out the window revealed that there wasn't any apparent ground.

Proditor himself was the one who had taken the driving position, his form hands lightly touching the wheel of the bus as he activated it, still cursing the limited space it offered him. It was a rather weird experience piloting through the layers of reality itself, but the old Ethereal was able to quickly become used to the feeling... At least until they all came across a dark space, the bus coming to a stop right next to a plant... With a ringing phone in it.

After a few seconds of silence, Proditor himself floated out of his seat, "I shall take whatever call this is" he stated, before the doors to the bus opened up, letting Proditor float outside, undisturbed by the black void around him. While Lilly circled the flower, Proditor simply went up to the plant, one of his hands reaching out to pick up the phone, lifting it so it was directly in front of his helm, before speaking,

"Hello?"