Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

It's compatible with the SWM modpack (for episode 17) so you should be able to use the Shared Box mod there. Also, if you only wish to use the sandbox at the beginning of a run, you can start a game in Sandbox, use the Sandbox Zone, and as long as you save in a normal part of the world (not while in the Zone!) you should be able to transfer the save file across to vanilla ep17 or ep18.

• Upvote 1

hey all! i think this issue was reported before, but i didn't see a solution anywhere. whenever i start a new game in sandbox mode it immediately starts playing the collision sound and the game fullscreens itself upon loading the initial cutscene. i haven't made it past this point as the sounds and everything are absolutely horrific, but i'm assuming that after i battle cain my character will just walk through the grand hall wall like what happened to another user. i am not using any mods and i haven't done anything with the game files- literally just extracted them to my desktop and loaded it up. i reset all of my keybinds to the default (even though i hadn't changed them) and still no dice.

i'm assuming that i'm missing some scripts or something but i'm not seeing a place to download them anywhere. am i blind or just missing something?

eta: muted the game and played through the intro scene. didn't change the screen size like i normally do (i play on large) and the game didn't force full-screen when the cutscene loaded. idk if that was the problem or what, but i kept going. the first time i got through the intro sequence i ran straight into the wall after beating cain, so i reset the game and tried again- didn't happen. i haven't played beyond beating victoria and letting myself in to the sandbox zone, but i'll update this post if more weirdness happens.

was so excited just spent better part of three hours soft resetting for a shiny poiple but it had abysmal IVs so I was going to swap a pair of them then realized I couldn't

How are things progressing with the mod to update it to episode 18? Super excited to see it

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, gryson said:

hey, how can u get Alolan pokemon from the mod? or is it not possible to get them

currently there is no generator for the Alolian forms but it has most Alolan pokemon it's not Ultra sun/moon but Sun/Moon gen 7 pokemon so some are still missing

52 minutes ago, BeautifulSinner said:

Is there a way for to teach victini v-create & bolt strike, aswell as teach nasty plot to celebi & heart stomp to Jirachi ? 😮

I do not know if it will work, but try to use the sandbox save loaded in the normal game with the mod swm, and try talking to the woman who does relearn the pokemon attacks.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:13 AM, BeautifulSinner said:

Is there a way for to teach victini v-create & bolt strike, aswell as teach nasty plot to celebi & heart stomp to Jirachi ? 😮

SWM mod is compatible with Sandbox as far as I know, you might need to use a slightly older version but the Swm mod allows you to relearn even egg moves

Would it be possible to add items you need for events to be sold like the balm mushroom?

Edited by Starry Knight

• 2 months later...

Not much of a problem, unless you are using an older save file from a previous version. Make sure that you have enabled backups in the option menu so that they come in handy in case you screw up.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to start off by thanking everyone for their hard work, this is an amazing project! Anyway, I just wanted to note something that recently came up for me.  I was looking for Zap Cannon for Espeon with Electrium-z and I did not see it carried anywhere. I was thinking about the possibility of adding a vendor/move tutor for transfer moves, as there are a lot of pokemon that lose valuable moves for their sets with the loss of transfer pokemon. Maybe even like a scientist with a transfer machine similar to Fire Red/Emerald time machine port that instead teaches transfer moves, idk something gimmicky/iconic lol. On a side note, I noticed a vendor on bottom left sells the three 150 elemental recharge attacks Blast Burn, Frenzy plant, and Hydro Cannon. However, he also sells Draco Meteor. The Vendor at the top ALSO/solely sells Draco meteor. I was thinking it was a little redundant and possibly leaves space for such recommendation. Anyways, this mod is awesome and I appreciate all the work put into this(I don't want any of this to seem like criticism)!

Edit: Also, in Episode 18 the psychologist was changed to three heart scales with the ability to pick the nature. The psych in the Sandbox is still 1 with random natures.

Edit 2: Will Alolan forms/ alternate forms such as Therian or Blue Gastrodon be available for generating in future patches?

Edited by PkmGameshow

• 2 weeks later...

hello. may i just say that i am a big fan of your sandbox mode and i am in NO way attempting to rush Episode 18 sandbox( if you're doing it) I was hoping there would be a way to fuse necrozma with solgaleo or lunala with the corresponding solarizers and then add ultranecrozium to the z move vendor so we could get ultra necrozma. Thank you so much. also if there was a way to change deoxys's form, i would appreciate that as well. thank you for your time 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 3:00 AM, PkmGameshow said:

I want to start off by thanking everyone for their hard work, this is an amazing project! Anyway, I just wanted to note something that recently came up for me.  I was looking for Zap Cannon for Espeon with Electrium-z and I did not see it carried anywhere. I was thinking about the possibility of adding a vendor/move tutor for transfer moves, as there are a lot of pokemon that lose valuable moves for their sets with the loss of transfer pokemon. Maybe even like a scientist with a transfer machine similar to Fire Red/Emerald time machine port that instead teaches transfer moves, idk something gimmicky/iconic lol. On a side note, I noticed a vendor on bottom left sells the three 150 elemental recharge attacks Blast Burn, Frenzy plant, and Hydro Cannon. However, he also sells Draco Meteor. The Vendor at the top ALSO/solely sells Draco meteor. I was thinking it was a little redundant and possibly leaves space for such recommendation. Anyways, this mod is awesome and I appreciate all the work put into this(I don't want any of this to seem like criticism)!

Edit: Also, in Episode 18 the psychologist was changed to three heart scales with the ability to pick the nature. The psych in the Sandbox is still 1 with random natures.

Edit 2: Will Alolan forms/ alternate forms such as Therian or Blue Gastrodon be available for generating in future patches?

The tutors we're copied from exiting ones meaning there is two people who do teach that move

The psych is random but the boy just outside of the psych does the 3 heart scales with the gaureented nature

Would probably have to create a separate npc for alola forms as both in the programming have same name

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 2:04 AM, BeautifulSinner said:

Anyone have a link to swm mod like a version compatible to this please 

Hi Just wanted to let people know that since this keeps popping up and since people juggle savegames between E17 and E18 just to use the Sandbox and since @DerxwnaKapsyla has been missing for some time i've thrown together an E18 patch for the Sandbox that @DreamblitzX was nice enough to paste in the first post haven't added new npcs or anything just made it work in E18 simply install the patch in vanilla Reborn and it should work k thx byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fireflame said:

Do you have to start a new game to use this or can you incorporate it into your existing game? If so, how?

Afaik the Sandbox Mode doesn't actually affect savegames directly (unless you last saved while in its location, in which case you can only load the game in an installation of the Sandbox), hence it should be safe to use without starting a new game.

To use the E17 version: download it and start it, create a new game, and save.
This will create its savegame directory, and you can then move your savegame there to use the Sandbox.
You can then move into the Sandbox location by talking with an NPC in the top-left corner of the Grand Hall.

To use the E18 patch: download the patch and apply it to your existing Reborn E18 installation (merge the downloaded Data folder with Reborn's Data folder). The E17 version is not required.
You can then move into the Sandbox location by using the PC in the Grand Hall.

2 hours ago, fireflame said:

Do you have to start a new game to use this or can you incorporate it into your existing game? If so, how?

You can incorporate it in, all you have to do is take the save and put it into the sandbox save directory and when done you put it back in your vanilla reborn directory

13 hours ago, BeautifulSinner said:

Once I merged the data for the patch the script keeps lagging and restarting then the game crashes episode 18 version 

Is there an error message?

When does this happen?
At game start?
After you loaded your save?
After entering the Grand hall?
After entering the SandBox?
When trying to use one of its features?