Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

I'm pretty sure the grand hall map needs replaced and maybe and Agate Circus NPC was added though I don't remember. Just FYI for instructions at the start no idea though as I've never used Sandbox.

And if there is a custom trainer battle that unfortunately would be lost and the best I could do is try to replicate it by eyeballing it. I'd rather that be an E19 thing but if it keeps getting asked about it's really a no big deal for me. However like Waynolt I have no plans to add content but merely preserve anything from it.

8 hours ago, Commander said:

maybe an Agate Circus NPC was added though I don't remember

Oh, didn't know this... 😮

8 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm pretty sure the grand hall map needs replaced [...]

And if there is a custom trainer battle that unfortunately would be lost and the best I could do is try to replicate it by eyeballing it

The Grand Hall map did not need to be replaced and the custom trainer battles are in, all without overwriting any of Reborn's files 🤓

Spoiler

In the patch there's a mod file that handles it (amongst other things):

• when you are in the sandbox (and only there), it loads those custom trainer battles in addition to vanilla Reborn's
  • in the patch, you access the Sandbox by using the PC in the Grand Hall instead of talking with an NPC because this could be done with a script mod, which means that the Grand Hall map did not need to be replaced

I am late to the party, but could someone give me some more guidance on how to install and run this? I've gotten the updated version and saved the unzipped file to the data folder in the reborn files. That doesn't seem to work, so any help would be much appreciated!!

On 4/2/2019 at 9:08 AM, Waynolt said:

Is there an error message?

When does this happen?
At game start?
After you loaded your save?
After entering the Grand hall?
After entering the SandBox?
When trying to use one of its features?

Literally won’t let me get passed the title screen just says something about the scripts lagging so it restarts then it crashes 😞 

6 hours ago, pmike said:

I've gotten the updated version and saved the unzipped file to the data folder in the reborn files.

In the unzipped files, you have to find the Data folder: that's the one you have to move in Reborn's folder, and merge it with Reborn's own Data folder.
If done correctly, you should end up with the folder [Reborn's E18 folder]\Data\Mods\ (containing 2 files), and with the file [Reborn's E18 folder]\Data\Map-05.rxdata

2 hours ago, BeautifulSinner said:

Literally won’t let me get passed the title screen just says something about the scripts lagging so it restarts then it crashes 😞 

Are you running the game from Windows's "Downloads" folder? (doing this is known to cause issues, even in the unmodded game)
Or maybe are you not using Windows at all?
Are you using any other mods? (it might be a mod incompatibility)
Do you have RPGMaker installed? (this has caused issues in the past)

It doesn't like Piople

If you have it in your party it will instantly give you an error, running windows

if you talk to anyone that has anything to do with the battles and EVs with Piople in your party especially the changer it crashes

15 hours ago, Waynolt said:

In the unzipped files, you have to find the Data folder: that's the one you have to move in Reborn's folder, and merge it with Reborn's own Data folder.
If done correctly, you should end up with the folder [Reborn's E18 folder]\Data\Mods\ (containing 2 files), and with the file [Reborn's E18 folder]\Data\Map-05.rxdata

I have it now to reborn folder/data/data/mods/2 files (sandbox mode trainers and sandbox mode.rb) and it still isn't working..

I've uploaded a slightly changed version of the patch, with a few more safety checks and the possibility to access the Sandbox from the PC in front of Agate Circus.
Also, the PCs in the Sandbox zone can now give money (because it seems that the NPC that was supposed to do that now doesn't, and giving this option to the PCs was easier than fixing that 😛)

10 hours ago, pmike said:

I have it now to reborn folder/data/data/mods/2 files (sandbox mode trainers and sandbox mode.rb) and it still isn't working..

"reborn folder/data/data/mods/" means that it is not installed correctly. ☹️
The correct result is "reborn folder/data/mods/"

10 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

It doesn't like Piople

If you have it in your party it will instantly give you an error, running windows

I'm assuming you meant Poipole?

Please try again with the new version.

I'll also need you to post the error message: it works on my end with Poipole in the party (with Poipole specifically I've just double checked entering the zone, generating a mon, changing its nature and IVs, and doing a battle in the zone), both on a new install of Reborn E18 and in the modded one that I was already using, both on a new save and on an already started save.

13 hours ago, BeautifulSinner said:

are you maybe able to patch the sandbox onto episode 18 and then link the download?

No.

Does the new version cause the same issue?
Are you running the game from Windows's "Downloads" folder? (doing this is known to cause issues, even in the unmodded game)

8 hours ago, Waynolt said:

I've uploaded a slightly changed version of the patch, with a few more safety checks and the possibility to access the Sandbox from the PC in front of Agate Circus.
Also, the PCs in the Sandbox zone can now give money (because it seems that the NPC that was supposed to do that now doesn't, and giving this option to the PCs was easier than fixing that 😛)

I'm assuming you meant Poipole?

Please try again with the new version.

I'll also need you to post the error message: it works on my end with Poipole in the party (with Poipole specifically I've just double checked entering the zone, generating a mon, changing its nature and IVs, and doing a battle in the zone), both on a new install of Reborn E18 and in the modded one that I was already using, both on a new save and on an already started save.

No.

Does the new version cause the same issue?

Will do so as soon as I can, yes sorry always get the name spelled wrong

Now i understand, with this update in the mod, you can acess the sandbox area by the classic game, and not by the sandbox mod.
But if load the save game by the mod inself, with poipole in the party ou in the box storage, it give you an error message in the front menu.

16 hours ago, Waynolt said:

You're the best! Crazy how one thing can make it not work. Appreciate the help/quick responses!

17 hours ago, Cyclonegale said:

Is there a way to generate Alolan Variants?

I thought this already was in the Sandbox, but I can't seem to be able to find it either...
The pokemon creator can now make alolan mons.
He can also search for their species' name: if, for example, you tell him to create a "dra", he will ask which of the 9 pokemon species containing "dra" do you want, and then you can tell him that you obviously wanted a Drapion.

Is there a way for me to make the E17 Sandbox Mode Reborn into E18? What I mean by this is that when downloading E17 Sandbox Mode, it's a seperate version from the Vanilla game, meaning you could just have only a lv 5 starter in the vanilla, and a maxed out team in the Non-Vanilla with 5 badges. I want the Non-Vanilla game to become E18, if possible. If you could, thanks!

9 hours ago, Xander said:

Every time I try to create a shiny pokemon the game crashes. It has only been shiny pokemon so far.

My bad, should be fixed now.

8 hours ago, iiMigly said:

Is there a way for me to make the E17 Sandbox Mode Reborn into E18? What I mean by this is that when downloading E17 Sandbox Mode, it's a seperate version from the Vanilla game, meaning you could just have only a lv 5 starter in the vanilla, and a maxed out team in the Non-Vanilla with 5 badges. I want the Non-Vanilla game to become E18, if possible. If you could, thanks!

At the beginning of the first post you can find a note about an "E18 patch".
Unpack it into the regular, unmodded Reborn E18 folder to install it (merge Reborn's Data folder with the downloaded Data folder; no file should get overwritten).

Having the Sandbox E17 directly become Sandbox E18 would be unnecessarily more difficult than having Reborn E18 become Sandbox E18. 🙃

(Please note that the patched Sandbox E18 shares the same save folder as the unmodded Reborn E18; in E17 the Sandbox would use a different savegame folder instead)

Hey Waynolt, is there any way to add Ultra Necrozma to the mod pack? I think the code for ultra necrozma is in place, just we don't have access to the items. If you could somehow add the merging items and the z-stones for necrozma that would be amazing. 

But no pressure. I understand you updated this solely for a convenience standpoint and not from a dev standpoint, so your current contribution is already fantastic. 

21 hours ago, KingRyan said:

is there any way to add Ultra Necrozma to the mod pack?

I don't see why not... done, you can buy everything from the mega/z vendor (right-side wall, the one in a green dress).

Thanks for keeping up such a good job on this mod, Waynolt. Now there is only one thing i am missing and that would be the Zygarde's Gen 7 Stuff.

Is there any way to switch Zygarde between its forms? I'm of course talking about the 10% and 50% forms, since it should switch to its 100% form by using its ability "power construct".

So far i have only been able to get the 50% form that was its Gen 6 default form, but not the 10% form that was introduced in Gen 7.

Also, i have not found any way to teach Zygarde all of its special moves. It can learn "Land's Wrath" like it could in X/Y, but not any of its moves that were added in Sun/Moon

As far as i know you could teach it not only the moves "Extreme Speed" and "Dragon Dance" which it couldn't learn in Gen 6, but also the 3 new moves "Thousand Arrows", "Thousand Waves" and "Core Enforcer", which were added in Gen 7.

Would be really cool if you can add that somehow.

Thx man, you´re awesome!

Edit: About one hour later, after some testing around i found out that neither of Zygarde´s 4 special Moves have any animations at all. And "Land's Wrath" is not even doing anything. I use the attack, it says "Zygarde used Land's Wrath" and after that combat resumes without the move doing anything at all XD

And Zygarde is not the only one whose special moves don't have any animations...

Guess thats what i get for playing around with Pokémon that are not even catchable in Reborn yet without using mods. I don't think this is something you can fix, but i'm leaving this here in case anyone else stumbles upon something similar while using Sandbox Mode.

Edited by ShogokiX