Jump to content

Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode


DerxwnaKapsyla

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

Sandbox Mode has netplay disabled until Reborn itself is completed. This is for fairness reasons, as players who play Sandbox would have an extra advantage over players not using Sandbox as a result of some of the features

 

Just now, Rochi said:

can we online trade in this game?? @DerxwnaKapsyla

He answers your question in the second paragraph.

Edited by seki108
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Maybe a guy who can alter the iv's of your mons so that all of us can have perfect iv's??

 

It is up to Derx, but I don't see the need for it. In the end, all it does is push people to behave like this game is smog on more. IVS affect so little. But if it is going to happen, it would be easier to add in an item to change the stats instead of forcing them to 31. It can be done, but effort.

 

As for additions, a simple one would be to add in either an item or option on the menu to warp to the sandbox area whenever you need to visit there. Then to leave you could have warps or npcs who will warp you to different areas of the game, probably outside of PC or fly zones. It would make traveling a bit easier.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed three things that may need addressing in the sandbox area. First, I noticed there is no move tutor for iron head, even though I guarantee one is available in the regular game as I taught it to my excadrill. Second, Dragon Ascent should probably be added to sandbox mode. Sure, Mega Rayquaza is stupid OP but all mega stones, TMs, and even the red and blue orbs are available. Besides, balance is not a concern in sandbox mode, so I see no reason to keep rayquaza from attaining anything goes power. Finally, I noticed a glitch with the medicine merchant. If you go to the in-battle booster items section, which has all the X - items, the game crashes. I believe this is because (or at least from what the crash screen told me) XDEFENSE isn't a proper name for an item (I'm assuming it must be listed as XDEF. in the game data), thus the game doesn't have data for an XDEFENSE so it crashes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2017 at 9:42 PM, BRS swag said:

Maybe a guy who can alter the iv's of your mons so that all of us can have perfect iv's??

 

On 5/30/2017 at 1:13 AM, Commander said:

 

It is up to Derx, but I don't see the need for it. In the end, all it does is push people to behave like this game is smog on more. IVS affect so little. But if it is going to happen, it would be easier to add in an item to change the stats instead of forcing them to 31. It can be done, but effort.

 

As for additions, a simple one would be to add in either an item or option on the menu to warp to the sandbox area whenever you need to visit there. Then to leave you could have warps or npcs who will warp you to different areas of the game, probably outside of PC or fly zones. It would make traveling a bit easier.

 

The only reason I haven't included a way to modify IVs is because... I actually don't know how. Wouldn't you believe it, Sandbox Mode actually took the bare minimum effort to make, and requires barely any heavy lifting to do stuff. Unfortunately, modifying IVs on Pokemon would require some sort of way to pull it out of Essentials's Debug Options and bind them to an NPC, but I have no idea how to do that at all.

If someone proficiently skilled in RGSS would have an idea of how to do it, I'd absolutely love the assistance in implementing it!

 

As for warps... Maybe? One thing I could do is have it bound to the start menu, and it would save the player's current position, then when they leave it would return them to that exact spot. I'll think it over and see if I can get help working out something.

 

On 5/30/2017 at 10:25 PM, pokemastercj1 said:

I noticed three things that may need addressing in the sandbox area. First, I noticed there is no move tutor for iron head, even though I guarantee one is available in the regular game as I taught it to my excadrill. Second, Dragon Ascent should probably be added to sandbox mode. Sure, Mega Rayquaza is stupid OP but all mega stones, TMs, and even the red and blue orbs are available. Besides, balance is not a concern in sandbox mode, so I see no reason to keep rayquaza from attaining anything goes power. Finally, I noticed a glitch with the medicine merchant. If you go to the in-battle booster items section, which has all the X - items, the game crashes. I believe this is because (or at least from what the crash screen told me) XDEFENSE isn't a proper name for an item (I'm assuming it must be listed as XDEF. in the game data), thus the game doesn't have data for an XDEFENSE so it crashes.

 

I copied over the tutors that was informed existed, so if Iron Head is one that exists it's possible that e16 removed it, I wasn't told its location, or you might have missed it- i'd put more stock into the first two choices though. 

As for Dragon Ascent, I'll look into it since you do make a valid point. I actually forgot that Mega Ray Charles Rayquaza needs Dragon Ascent to go Mega, so it'll probably be in the next version.

And thanks for pointing out the XDefense bug! I'll fix that right away.

 

On 5/31/2017 at 1:52 AM, TumbleWhip said:

Heck yea this is sweet!

By the way, care to post a uhm 'Mirror'? MEGA doesn't seem to work for me ;-;

Good job though!

 

I'll create a second download link when the next build comes out, thanks for reminding me!

 

23 hours ago, Light Fantastic said:

Do the shops include reborn-specific items like data chips and soul candles?

how hard would it be for you to port this room over to rejuvenation?

 

Yep! Bottom vendor on the left side, Summoning Items:

H1GPZp7.png

 

As for Rejuvenation? Probably not as hard. At the very least, I should play it first and probably ask Jan for permission before I even consider it. I haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet due to other distractions, but it's on The List:tm: of games to play.

 

 

I'm glad there's been such a positive reception to this, though! I was a little worried that it might not be as positively received, mostly because people tend to frown upon modes that make games 'easier' for whatever reason, so seeing people enjoy it has been a nice relief.

Edited by DerxwnaKapsyla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

I copied over the tutors that was informed existed, so if Iron Head is one that exists it's possible that e16 removed it, I wasn't told its location, or you might have missed it- i'd put more stock into the first two choices though. 

 

This tutor was just added at the end of episode 16.  He is supposed to appear after you have bought all of the pokemon from the shady Dealer in 7th street and returned to Reborn City.   He takes up the empty stall nearest the elevator (or lowest left stall if you are in Aqua).  He teaches Iron Head, Knock off, Mega Drain, Aqua Tail, and Signal Beam.  

 

Unfortunately for some people, he is glitched and will not appear;  just for some, not all:

 

Although I have yet to try it out, I have liked the idea of this mod since the start.  Thank you for providing this resource.

Edited by seki108
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...