Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

17 minutes ago, Iron Avenger said:

Can anyone tell me how to add this mod to my game??? i am confused and need some help pls?

This is most likely the entire game so you just have to download and play.

Don't mix the files between this and normal reborn.

@Iron Avenger you don't really add it to the game per se, it's more like a different version of the game.  just download Sandbox like you did with the main game and copy your old save file into the newly-created save file folder for Sandbox, then open the version of the game you just downloaded

Edited by BushyTheBushSpirit

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Nova Solem said:

As of right now, Episode 17 has been released. Any idea when sandbox mode will be updated for the new content? The current version is utterly incompatible with episode 17.

Probably when the public release comes out so that the creator doesn't have to reapply the bug fixes.

Guess I'm going to be the Debbie Downer here and say that you all kind of made an assumption just because of the really good standing of a couple modders and the original Reborn creator. We have a really, really good track record, but that does not mean a few mods will be dropped here and there over the course as the game reaches its final episode. Derxwna has been inactive at least from what I have seen which usually means they are really busy or do not wish to continue this project (which is definitely fine and understandable). Of course he could easily correct me and say he plans on porting it, but for right now it's best to err on the side of caution and assume this is discontinued.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for being silent for so long, my schedule has been really... messy the past couple months, and is likely to continue being messy for the indeterminate future. My game dev juice have been drained so hardcore that whenever I open RPG Maker I just kind of stare at it for hours without doing anything. It's not a lack of interest that's prevented me from working, it's an extreme lack of energy and drive, which I've been suffering from for a few years now. But, let's just... forget the excuses, I'm here right now, and I still want to continue working on Sandbox Mode, especially now that E17 is out. It'll take me... a fair amount of time, especially since I'll be gone the entire second half of January, but I do have the tools I need to work again. Let's see what I can get done!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, I have some bad news, and I have some good news. Let's just... get the bad news out of the way first, that way the good news can dampen it!

So the bad news is this: Despite my best efforts, I am struggling with making an NPC that allows you to change your Pokemon's nature normally. My attempts just keep coming up short, and quite frankly I don't have the energy to try and deduce everything right at this moment. I'm giving up on making that NPC- for now at least. I might revisit it in the future. In the meanwhile, this will no longer slow down the release because...

The good news is this: Sandbox Mode for Episode 17 is finished and uploaded! I'll append the first post with the download link, so you can get it there. But in the meanwhile, have the change log for Version 3 of Sandbox Mode.

JJraMni.png

I may have missed a few custom things, since I still haven't played E17 yet- my schedule just hasn't been friendly, and I don't foresee myself playing it until February. So, if I did miss anything, please inform me and I'll work on adding it to the Sandbox Zone as soon as I am able!

Also, like the change log mentions, I added an inconsequential NPC Battle to the Sandbox Zone; I was messing around with stuff and felt like making a simple little battle to test some stuff out, so I decided to make one for one of the protagonists of my series of stories called Chronicles of the Omniverse. You don't have to pay any mind to it really, I just couldn't be bothered to delete it considering how unobtrusive it was.

Also also! In the right-most Agate Circus Checkpoint map, there will be a computer terminal that takes you to the Sandbox Zone. This will allow you to return there without needing to return to the Grand Hall, and I've also made it so you can't access the Grand Hall during this period (You also can't access Agate Circus before you reach it in the story, no sequence breaking here folks!).

EMERGENCY EDIT: There was a bug that prevented you from going to the Sandbox Zone, this has been rectified. PLEASE download the Quick Patch and install it AFTER you extract Sandbox Mode to a new folder. There are instructions on how to fix it in the relevant download. My bad!

EMERGENCY EDIT 2: CHUNKMO: There were more bugs than I anticipated! I've pulled and reuploaded the Quick Patch. Please apply BOTH fixes, even if you applied the first one the last time. There was another issue on the Grand Hall map that I overlooked. This SHOULD be the last critical bug!

Once more, I would like to apologize for taking so long with this, but it's here now, and I believe I've got everything essential to a customizable sandbox experience. Hopefully you all enjoy once more!

Okay, two things:

1) Is there any way to generate alola forms? I want shiny a-ninetales for my dog/canine run so bad

2) My game crashed when I tried to fill boxes (bcs I wanted to know if it will add alola forms too) and now when I restart it, I cant move (all I can do is to press f12 to soft reset)

Game.rxdata

I don't know how Alola Forms work in Reborn, so as of right now they aren't obtainable directly through Sandbox Mode. The Box Filling NPC is very... fickle. It's trying to fill 27 boxes with 800 Pokemon, so it's likely to crash on machines that can't take the load, and that's just an issue with the infrastructure of RMXP and Essentials, and alas, something I don't think I'm able to fix.. Your best bet is to generate the Pokemon specifically.

I'll have the Google Drive link up hopefully later today. My internet isn't exactly in the best of states right now, so uploading stuff goes extremely slow. When it's uploaded, I'll have it appended to the first post. Check back in like, a few more hours I'd say.

Okay so here’s my small issue; I download winRAR to extract the files so I can play the .exe right? Well. I downloaded the patch as well; not really used to winRAR I’m getting the hang of it. So, I extract the game itself, but it sends me directly to route 2. (Yikes a level 7 popplio versus a level 53 Donphan!) now, how do I go by using the patch files to make sure the game doesn’t send me to route 2? Do I move everything into one folder? If so, how do I go by exactly that? It’s all confusing and i’m Just trying to use a fairy monotype in a run.

14 hours ago, TheLuca said:

Okay, two things:

1) Is there any way to generate alola forms? I want shiny a-ninetales for my dog/canine run so bad

2) My game crashed when I tried to fill boxes (bcs I wanted to know if it will add alola forms too) and now when I restart it, I cant move (all I can do is to press f12 to soft reset)

Game.rxdata

Here's what I do for shiny alolan form starter, I use waynolt's select weather mod, soft reset for a shiny starter, change it to alolan form pokemon, then copy the save file to sandbox mode, I don't know if this would crash the game in the future tho

3 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

I'll have the Google Drive link up hopefully later today. My internet isn't exactly in the best of states right now, so uploading stuff goes extremely slow. When it's uploaded, I'll have it appended to the first post. Check back in like, a few more hours I'd say.

Thank you so much! 😄

I have added the Google Drive links to the first post, now let's tackle the posts between then and now!

2 hours ago, fvckery said:

Okay so here’s my small issue; I download winRAR to extract the files so I can play the .exe right? Well. I downloaded the patch as well; not really used to winRAR I’m getting the hang of it. So, I extract the game itself, but it sends me directly to route 2. (Yikes a level 7 popplio versus a level 53 Donphan!) now, how do I go by using the patch files to make sure the game doesn’t send me to route 2? Do I move everything into one folder? If so, how do I go by exactly that? It’s all confusing and i’m Just trying to use a fairy monotype in a run.

So, once you download Sandbox Mode itself and extract it to its own unique folder, you also extract the files of Quick Patch 1, specifically these files:

AQO6kza.png

And you add them to the folder labeled "Data". This will fix all future instances of Sandbox warping you to the wrong map.

2 hours ago, SilverShard said:

Here's what I do for shiny alolan form starter, I use waynolt's select weather mod, soft reset for a shiny starter, change it to alolan form pokemon, then copy the save file to sandbox mode, I don't know if this would crash the game in the future tho

I cannot vouch for the stability of this idea as I am not the person in charge of the Select Weather Mod, nor have I messed with it. If this works, congratulations! However, I cannot offer help if something goes awry in the future.

EDIT: Another bug has come to my attention, yet another oversight on my part. This time I'm just gonna make a Quick Patch 2 instead of pulling Quick Patch 1 down. The bug involves the fight with Kalypsa downstairs on the bottom floor. When Quick Patch 2 is uploaded, please install Quick Patch 1 first if you haven't yet!