Jan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/4/2017 at 5:32 PM, Jan said:

You know... I kind of figured this is where these two would end up. These are fine, but the outlines on Sawk are kind of strange. The outline on the

torso are yellow, but the clothes are blue. It clashes a bit. Throh is fine. 

Small fact, Sawk and Throh are some of my least favorite pokemon. I just don't like them at all :s. That's coming from someone who likes a lot of 5th gen

designs. 

It was either Bert and Ernie, or the Bonanza Brothers from that one Sega game of the same name.  Although they'd look too similar.  I could have also done Mario and Luigi, but Bert and Ernie were too much to pass up.  Especially after remembering my dad's words (I can't even remember how many years ago he said them.  I just remember them by heart!)

I updated their shirts, and until I learn to make stripes, that will be what they wear for now (Plus, it also looks like Elmo and Cookie Monster, just to give another Easter egg).  I also fixed the outlines for Sawk, so it shouldn't be too bad.  Decided to whiten the rest of his belt to give that gold and silver kind of feel to Ernie and Bert.  Plus, Ernie has a yellow collar, Bert has a white, so I figured it would make sense enough.

539s.png538s.png

Enjoy!  I shall be working on the backsprites if these are good.  When I DO stripe the shirts, I'll update them, but just let me know if these are good for now.

very very quick update

i have tons of work to do, so ive been very busy to finish timburr's line sprites, but i will finish them! it's just a matter of time.

btw i'm still checking the thread! so i'll try to give some help one time or another

talking about it...

10 hours ago, Trevore said:

It was either Bert and Ernie, or the Bonanza Brothers from that one Sega game of the same name.  Although they'd look too similar.  I could have also done Mario and Luigi, but Bert and Ernie were too much to pass up.  Especially after remembering my dad's words (I can't even remember how many years ago he said them.  I just remember them by heart!)

I updated their shirts, and until I learn to make stripes, that will be what they wear for now (Plus, it also looks like Elmo and Cookie Monster, just to give another Easter egg).  I also fixed the outlines for Sawk, so it shouldn't be too bad.  Decided to whiten the rest of his belt to give that gold and silver kind of feel to Ernie and Bert.  Plus, Ernie has a yellow collar, Bert has a white, so I figured it would make sense enough.

539s.png538s.png

Enjoy!  I shall be working on the backsprites if these are good.  When I DO stripe the shirts, I'll update them, but just let me know if these are good for now.

The outline on Sawk's "shirt" is a very different shade of blue, you should take care with that. Also, are those brownish stripes proposital? Because it looks like you just didn't recolor them.

I fixed the blue outline, so it should look a little better.  As for the brown, it was originally a brighter gray color that didn't really fit.  If I should change it, which color should I use?

539s.png

Spoiler

620_1.png

About this sprite, I used a flower from Comfey that @Atticus gave me. I am not sure if I am alowed to use the flower (since atticus got it from the 7th gen sprite pack from ame)

If i remember correctly @Jan, you worked on them too, so I am not sure if it is okay or not.

If not please tell me and I will try another version

Alright, so I haven't actually had much time to sprite these past few days, so Oshawott and Dwebble might take a little while to make. But I think I'll be able to finish them sometime this week, so don't think I've died or anything.

• Developers

Hahaha... Oh yeah, I have a Shiny Thread. I-I've been busy lately *trips over copy of Zelda:Botw* S-Sorry, was

holding that for a friend. Anyway, let's get started.

On 3/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, Bluedodobob said:

Darkened the logo on the iFrog and finished the backsprites for the pidove line

536s a.png537s a.png

519sb.png520sb.png521sb.png521sfb.png

I'll claim Foongus and Meloetta next.

Unfezant is good. Foongus is taken, though. I think I'm just going to use the Tympole line without the logo.

On 3/4/2017 at 8:49 PM, MakaTorracat said:

KK New duck!

Baby Ducklett :0

First time working with yellow, and I think it looks alright

580s.png

580bs.png

Hm, the yellow is good, but I dunno how I feel about the whole thing being yellow. It's a little plain. 

Try adding a color to the bottom of the sprite, maybe?

On 3/4/2017 at 10:30 PM, DreamblitzX said:

So when claiming kyurem, I kinda forgot that included black and white... but that's ok. black kyurem is nasty to sprite though. here's my attempt (used reshiram and zekrom colours from those earlier in the thread)

646s.png646s_1.png646s_2.png

EDIT: Ok these took a while, and not sure they turned out amazingly, but I really like the concept and I think you guys will to.

without further ado, introducing Team Skull Grunt Scraggy and YA BOI SCRAFTY

559s.png560s.png

These look really awesome, and the Team Skull Scraggy/Scrafty are pretty awesome too. Keep it up!

On 3/5/2017 at 0:03 AM, Jmanultrax1 said:

when doing joltik I tried making it a black widow, but the insignia just looks weird so I decided to not put it in. I'll post the snivy backs later

bw.png596.png

The idea is cool, but it's also still a little plain. Not sure what to suggest here. Does anyone have any suggestions?

On 3/5/2017 at 8:18 AM, Hycrox said:

The noses are now blue:

599.png600.png601.png

Also, Time Gear backsprites:

599b.png600b.png601b.png

And the doggy line's fronts ^^!

506.png507.png508.png

Time Gears are approved!

On 3/5/2017 at 10:24 AM, Bazaro said:

Some fixes to Zebstrika

d650996883be4fa9b74f33d08a04649f.png9418de4a4b5d4478b17d6450ae42600c.png

*Thumbs up emoji*

On 3/5/2017 at 11:39 AM, luis said:

so final sprites for durant 

Hide contents

632sb.png

632s2.png

Looks good to me !

On 3/5/2017 at 0:59 PM, WSGreen said:

Sorry didn't realize it wasn't x2 size so here is a bigger image.

Shiny Watchog.png 

I like the second one more, personally

On 3/5/2017 at 2:53 PM, Alex said:

Old Woman Bouffalant:

626s.png626sb.png

Heatmors in Pyjamas:

631s.png631sb.png

beautfiul. approved.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:23 PM, Hycrox said:

Aaaaaaand I'm done for this gen. Complete doggo line:

506.png506b.png507.png507b.png508.png508b.png

Reveal hidden contents

Also, could I get some feedback on this Alomomola?

594_2.png

Approved!

On 3/5/2017 at 4:27 PM, Anti_Hero said:

I hope they are better now

Reveal hidden contents

577_2.png577b_2.png

578_2.png578b_2.png

@Atticus's Front and my back

W2HjFqf.png579b_2.png

Reveal hidden contents

Also my inspiration was a stain to colour cells in tissues, the Hematoxylin eosin stain (HE stain for short) it is the basic stain for diagnosis/prognosis of cancer and other pathologies. 

Perfect!! Approved!

On 3/5/2017 at 4:48 PM, KmK said:

This is what I have on krookodile so far.

It's far from finished, but just as a little update.

As for foongus: I have a nice idea, but it's all still in my head :D 

Krookodile.png

Looks good so far!

On 3/5/2017 at 6:07 PM, Amine elhedhili said:

i see, i tought i missed a part that has shading, i'll use somethting a bit darker then, and i like the idea of the red eyes

@Jan i made the front sprites for purrloin/iepard, do they look okay? :)

509.png

510.png

I think we should stay away from bright colors with Purrloin. T he way the sprite was made makes it very hard to make it

look passable. (This is because the original shading was done with darker colors, so it didnt need too much shading)

On 3/5/2017 at 8:43 PM, Jmanultrax1 said:

snivy backs are done. Been busy most of the day so I had no time to post them.

495b.png496b.png497b.png

Approved.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:42 PM, Cyanna Cyril said:

Hey, I had an idea of the line of making them look like bunnies, but then I realized as I was doing it that I really meant armadillos in my head. This is a general color scheme that I want to continue for the others. Just wanted to check it by you first.

Armadillo Venipede: http://prntscr.com/egiwj7

Hm... I'm not sure if I'm too fond of this color scheme. Perhaps try another one?

22 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:
  Reveal hidden contents

620_1.png

About this sprite, I used a flower from Comfey that @Atticus gave me. I am not sure if I am alowed to use the flower (since atticus got it from the 7th gen sprite pack from ame)

If i remember correctly @Jan, you worked on them too, so I am not sure if it is okay or not.

If not please tell me and I will try another version

This is a really pretty concept! I like it a lot!

14 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Hey Jan, let me know what you think of this

Beartic.png

This is pretty good! All I need is a backsprite. 

12 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Alright, so I haven't actually had much time to sprite these past few days, so Oshawott and Dwebble might take a little while to make. But I think I'll be able to finish them sometime this week, so don't think I've died or anything.

No worries.  An update was all I needed! Good luck. 

• Developers
On 3/6/2017 at 0:23 PM, Trevore said:

I fixed the blue outline, so it should look a little better.  As for the brown, it was originally a brighter gray color that didn't really fit.  If I should change it, which color should I use?

539s.png

Double posting because I CAN. Also because I tried editing it into the original post before this but it just wasn't cooperating. Anyway,

Perhaps this might be better? 

E8TOATR.png

There were a lot of extra colors in there that probably shouldnt be there, but I think this works(?)

On 3/4/2017 at 8:34 PM, ycoder321 said:

511.png511b.png thoughts? i took the original color and went and basically inverted it for the main body, and then the belly i decided to do a much lighter version of the color let me know what you think i plan on repeating that process for the rest of the monkeys 

@ycoder321 Looks good to me! This might not work on all monkeys due to their color, but we'll figure something out. 

Just now, Jmanultrax1 said:

Where did u get the idea for the design?

Well, I'm studing to be veterinarian soo... I just came to me. I just though that Joltik is a small spider soo he needs some way to defend himself, thats why I add him fake eyes on his back.

• Global Mods

For the grey joltik/galvantula, maybe try making the black claws and fluff a brighter colour and/or colouring the light grey on the back. Orange like a tarantula could work, or google pink-toed tarantula

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

For the grey joltik/galvantula, maybe try making the black claws and fluff a brighter colour and/or colouring the light grey on the back. Orange like a tarantula could work, or google pink-toed tarantula

wow a lot of these can work. Considering that there are a lot of color variants. Thanks for the tip. I'll get started on redesigning as soon as possible. 

24 minutes ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

its interesting, I'll keep it on note. Its good to have a few more ideas.

Soo I will just show you my evo-link of Joltik and be on my way to re-make charizard to look more like deathwing.

595sb.png

595s.png

596s.png

596sb.png

Edited by Allvenia
Misspelling

Hey Jan, just wanted to say that you skipped over Archen and Archeops (I had them in a spoiler tab; I did quite a few variants)

Although to save you time finding them here they are again:

Spoiler

566s.png566bs.png567s.png567bs.png

566s2.png566bs2.png567s2.png567bs2.png

566s3.png566bs3.png567s3.png567bs3.png

566s4.png566bs4.png567s4.png567bs4.png

Edited by Felcatty