Gen 5 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

Just now, Jan said:

As opposed to the feminine color scheme? Or it being a pretty feminine Pokemon to begin with? I'm sure one flower won't do any harm. 

Not the feminine color scheme, or a pretty feminine Pokémon. Just it's a bit odd running into a male pokemon with a flower on it's head, combined with the feminine color scheme. Then again, Vileplume is a giant flower thing. So there's nothing wrong with it. Just my opinion on it

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Global Mods

Mr. Mime is named as such due to a mistranslation. The original Japanese name, Barrierd, doesn't mention gender at all. 

Also, pink wasn't always viewed as a feminine color. In the 1920s, fashion magazines viewed pink as masculine and blue as feminine. 

I don't see a problem with female Mr. Mime or male Mienshao having flowers either way though. 

Just now, Anti_Hero said:

@Sceptilespy I think mienshao is a pretty feminine pokemon. But how would you like mienshao? or make a gender diference?

I mean, I'd make some sort of distinction. Maybe take the flower off, and add darker colors for male? It doesn't matter that much, I just found it odd. (This isn't to bash the shinies in anyway if that's what anybody was thinking, I just found it a bit off putting and wondered if there were any possible gender variants)

The fur on its arms also resemble the shuixiu (水袖) or "water sleeves", which are long, white, flowing sleeves used by performers of Chinese operas to express the emotions of their character. 

^ From the bulbapedia page

Many costumes for Chinese operas include flowers, regardless of the gender of the character being depicted, so thematically it makes perfect sense.

Just now, Swampellow said:

The fur on its arms also resemble the shuixiu (水袖) or "water sleeves", which are long, white, flowing sleeves used by performers of Chinese operas to express the emotions of their character. 

Many costumes for Chinese operas include flowers, regardless of the gender of the character being depicted, so thematically it makes perfect sense.

Well, thats a surprise, I did the flower because it looked good not because of such a menaing. But then it is perfect :o 

• Developers
4 minutes ago, ycoder321 said:

hey jan, i dont understand what you mena by this " really like Option C. As for Panpour, could we use the same skin tone of Option? I think it'll look better. Could be wrong though.  >.>

Wf0mfGo.png

I meant to say the same skin tone of Option C. So Pansear's skin color instead of that green that was used before. This is probably too plain, so I'd make it slighlty lighter, but it's better than the green it had before. 

Just now, Swampellow said:

I actually did not know that. Thanks dude, I learned something today.

So this is a long time coming. But whatever, here is Oshawott and company!

Spoiler

Oshawott:
IAS9EmT.pngRau5xqJ.png
Dewott:
Zf6B5oK.pngPi9h273.png
And of course, the one and only Samurott!
5Zwj7Xw.pngy0HrBDA.png
With and without extra pink:

alZFEtl.pngoNQmcER.png

So yeah, I have two versions this time. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

• Developers
9 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Just want to confirm that theres nothing more for me to do this generation?

Nope, everything's taken. 

7 hours ago, Might Gai said:

soooo, can we have gen 6 and 7 at the same time considering the number of mons on thoes gens ?

Probably not. I just did the math (Albeit, very quickly) But there are 81 Pokemon in Generation 7, not including Alolan, which there are 18 of-Which brings it up to 99 + the 72 Pokemon of Gen 6 brings the total of sprites we need to do to 172. This

isn't counting forms, which there are lot of- We'd have to do 200+ sprites in one thread and that's simply too much. 

3 hours ago, MakaTorracat said:

Status update! Just need to do Swannas backsprite and Im done

Okie dokie!

3 minutes ago, Korvpizza said:

So this is a long time coming. But whatever, here is Oshawott and company!

Hide contents

Oshawott:
IAS9EmT.pngRau5xqJ.png
Dewott:
Zf6B5oK.pngPi9h273.png
And of course, the one and only Samurott!
5Zwj7Xw.pngy0HrBDA.png
With and without extra pink:

alZFEtl.pngoNQmcER.png

So yeah, I have two versions this time. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

Looks really good, approved!

We're waiting on: The three monkeys, Foongus line, Ducklett line, Throh and Sawk, and Mienfoo

if it helps, gen 4 took three weeks to finish

Just now, Alex said:

We're waiting on: The three monkeys, Foongus line, Ducklett line, Throh and Sawk, and Mienfoo

if it helps, gen 4 took three weeks to finish

Oh ok. It's just odd for there to be no update or shiny sprite a day.

I did do the front sprites for Sawk and Throh.  However, I put the back sprites on hold because I've been trying so hard to become Emperor in ESO.  A little selfish, I know.  Was a pipe dream, and so far... I'm in a mixed state in progress.  I might get back to working on the sprites, unless anyone wanted something to do and would make them.  Either way, the sprites will be done, one way or another.  

1 hour ago, Trevore said:

I did do the front sprites for Sawk and Throh.  However, I put the back sprites on hold because I've been trying so hard to become Emperor in ESO.  A little selfish, I know.  Was a pipe dream, and so far... I'm in a mixed state in progress.  I might get back to working on the sprites, unless anyone wanted something to do and would make them.  Either way, the sprites will be done, one way or another.  

I would like to complete the backsprites if you don't mind; I just need the front sprites first.