Jan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Felcatty said:

@Amine elhedhili The backsprites look nice, although there's still some purple outline on both (be careful of that outline) and also Liepard's mouth seems to be missing.

i'll fix it ASAP thanks for pointing that out^^

I've had these for a few days and since no one seems to like trubbish here they are.

568.png  568b.png

569.png  569b.png

Used purple to follow that conversation where they say it was a purple bag. If anyone wants to do something else go ahead.

aaaaaaa ok

i gave up on the whole "greek design" thing and just kept conkeldurr with the columns.

this is because timburr's backsprite has a different resolution log, which makes it difficult to have a design that matches the front sprite. also, tried the idea that you suggested with gurdurr. aaaaa i hate diagonal, also the sprite limits didn't allow.

anyway: white log, white whatever is the name of this construction thing gurdurr is holding and greek pillars.

BcsZxhp.png1wxbPFj.png

bKuFCBN.pngM5vj6tW.png

X5rBXp4.png8QYzTKb.png

aaand thats all i can have for gen 5 :^(

anyway, excited for gen 6!!!

• Developers
On 3/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, Felcatty said:

Hey Jan, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there already a custom shiny garbodor in the game; the purple one that Melia 'made'? Sorry I've just been a bit curious for a while, especially since it doesn't resemble the original or Reborn's. I have no ideas for a shiny version, just curious is all. I feel like the same also applies to Vivillon as well. Sorry if the question was already answered.

There were a few that were already custom. The ones I did were just for the sake of doing them and I didn't put any real thought into it. So I decided to just roll over most of the ones already created.

As for Vivillon, I have something special in store for it. 

On 3/11/2017 at 8:23 PM, Alex said:

I made like, over a 100 different shinies of mons or something it was a wild ride. A few were Jan's though.

It's true, and before that I actually did the entirety of gen 1 and 2. I scrapped most eventually. 

On 3/11/2017 at 11:08 PM, Desaya said:

I've had these for a few days and since no one seems to like trubbish here they are.

568.png  568b.png

569.png  569b.png

Used purple to follow that conversation where they say it was a purple bag. If anyone wants to do something else go ahead.

I actually like the color combination here, so let's go with this. 

On 3/12/2017 at 1:21 AM, Cool Girl said:

Really sorry for the wait. Here is Beatric's backsprite. Also, I modified Beatrice's eye. I made it white.

Beartic.png Beartic backsprite.png

Looks good! Approved. 

On 3/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, Zumi said:

wew they're finally here

q9EuOCQ.pngkVl1ry3.png

AYTfo9V.png4tz9EgN.png

K3WfoRh.pngym3FBPa.png

NYoKwWg.pngzsx3Pj6.png

Looks good! Approved. 

On 3/12/2017 at 11:38 AM, Anti_Hero said:

sorry for the long wait

Here is the back

620_1.png

620b_1.png

There were some color usage problems with this sprite. The outline is purple, but the body is light blue. Also the shading used to compliment this blue didn't work out too well here. I made correction, though. So I'll consider this done. I loved the color concept.

hq8sMLf.pngXq18zv9.png

23 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

Aaand here is the purrloin/liepard front and back sprites, i hope they're good :)

509s2.png.479756057c0b980d9381413553cd4ed7.png

509b.png

510s.png.7790828ba2c9edc152f799ec47aff4ef.png

510b.png

I'll take it from here and consider it done! 

22 hours ago, Atticus said:

aaaaaaa ok

i gave up on the whole "greek design" thing and just kept conkeldurr with the columns.

this is because timburr's backsprite has a different resolution log, which makes it difficult to have a design that matches the front sprite. also, tried the idea that you suggested with gurdurr. aaaaa i hate diagonal, also the sprite limits didn't allow.

anyway: white log, white whatever is the name of this construction thing gurdurr is holding and greek pillars.

BcsZxhp.png1wxbPFj.png

bKuFCBN.pngM5vj6tW.png

X5rBXp4.png8QYzTKb.png

aaand thats all i can have for gen 5 :^(

anyway, excited for gen 6!!!

Sometimes you try and don't succeed, but that's fine because you tried and grew anyway. (I also hate diagonal...)

Anyway, these look really good regardless and you did a great job!

40 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Okay, since the fabulous rainbow-alomomola isn't fabulous enough, here is a little more traditionnal fish...

594.png

looks rad. Backsprites pls. 

1 minute ago, Jan said:

There were some color usage problems with this sprite. The outline is purple, but the body is light blue. Also the shading used to compliment this blue didn't work out too well here. I made correction, though. So I'll consider this done. I loved the color concept.

hq8sMLf.pngXq18zv9.png

They seem a lot better and thank you for liking them. With mienfoo I have a colour problem too, the same colours dont work really well...
Do you have any tips for the colours that I should use for mienfoo (I used a diferent flower for mienfoo, so it would be similar)

• Developers
11 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

They seem a lot better and thank you for liking them. With mienfoo I have a colour problem too, the same colours dont work really well...
Do you have any tips for the colours that I should use for mienfoo (I used a diferent flower for mienfoo, so it would be similar)

I personally think it works. 

oWiqI0s.png

This is just a rough draft because I need to be somewhere soon, so I can't quality check, but this should be good as a base. 

Feel free to use this. 

Thanks I will :) 

Spoiler

Here are my drafts using your mienfoo and the flower of Sawsbuck in spring form
A few colours since I dont know if the red works well, plus a little diferent placement of the flower

619_2.png619_3.png619_4.png

619_5.png619_6.png

Edited by Anti_Hero

Just now, Jan said:

There were a few that were already custom. The ones I did were just for the sake of doing them and I didn't put any real thought into it. So I decided to just roll over most of the ones already created.

As for Vivillon, I have something special in store for it. 

It's true, and before that I actually did the entirety of gen 1 and 2. I scrapped most eventually. 

I actually like the color combination here, so let's go with this. 

Looks good! Approved. 

Looks good! Approved. 

hq8sMLf.pngXq18zv9.png

I'll take it from here and consider it done! 

Sometimes you try and don't succeed, but that's fine because you tried and grew anyway. (I also hate diagonal...)

Anyway, these look really good regardless and you did a great job!

looks rad. Backsprites pls. 

sorry if my work is not of quality like most people here, i'm still learning, and thanks for being patient :)

• Developers
18 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

Thanks I will :) 

Hide contents

Here are my drafts using your mienfoo and the flower of Sawsbuck in spring form
A few colours since I dont know if the red works well, plus a little diferent placement of the flower

619_2.png619_3.png619_4.png

619_5.png619_6.png

Let's go with Red to keep it consistent. 

18 hours ago, Siragon said:

Okay, don't really know what you mean with 'looks rad' but since you reclaim the backsprite, i'll assume it's good for you, so here it is !

594b.png

Rad as in radical. Which is a good thing. Backsprite looks good! 

18 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

sorry if my work is not of quality like most people here, i'm still learning, and thanks for being patient :)

That's quite fine. You have to start somewhere, right? Just keep practicing and it'll become second nature!

17 hours ago, ycoder321 said:

first there is this :3 515.png then there are these owo Option A: 513option a.png Option B: 513option b.png Option C: 513option c.png

I really like Option C. As for Panpour, could we use the same skin tone of Option? I think it'll look better. Could be wrong though. 

17 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

I'm guessing that means it won't be claimable in the gen 6 thread?

It won't be, technically. I won't go into too much detail yet, though. If you have an idea, I'd say still go for it. 

13 hours ago, Felcatty said:

I've been pretty busy but if you want to use the second colouration for the venipede line, here are the sprites, unless of course someone else has an idea for the line:

543s.png543bs.png544s.png544bs.png

545s.png545bs.png

Looks good! Approved. 

Is the Mienshao shiny going to have the flower for female AND male? I don't want to trigger somebody with my oppressive social norms, but it puts me off a bit

Edited by Sceptilespy

• Developers
15 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Is the Mienshao shiny going to have the flower for female AND male? I don't want to trigger somebody with my oppressive social norms, but it's a put off

As opposed to the feminine color scheme? Or it being a pretty feminine Pokemon to begin with? I'm sure one flower won't do any harm.