Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

25 minutes ago, Jan said:

It's understandable, it's been like what, 6 months(?) since V8 came out? I don't have a real estimate... I wanted Version 9 to be done in November, but here we are in February. I'm shooting for sometime in April? 

At the rate I'm going it won't be done by then anyway. 

Version 9 sort of turned into something I didn't intend it to. Which is a mega-update. (Which I've reiterated many times already but who doesn't like redundancy.)

It's not as big as an update Version 6 was, but I'd say it's still in the same category. 

I hope that gave you some idea on where Version 9 is at. 

Yeah, this is cool. I just wanted some idea of when it's potentially coming out.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished V8, such an amazing journey! Can't wait for V9 in 6 months!

(also this is probbaly dumb question, but Jan do you have any ideas on how to incorporate Alolan Form Pokemons into Rejuv? because I read somewhere you said you will bring Gen 7 mons into V9 or V10, that left me with the question)

Edited by ClarissaValkyrie
grammar correction

• Developers
2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm not sure whether this is just an oversight or not, but before the battle on Team Xen's ship, Melia says she's going to use all her Pokemon this time, but she doesn't use her Gardevoir that she used earlier in Blacksteeple Castle. 

Are you sure? I just fought Melia the other day while rebalancing and she had it. (It was unchanged at this point)

If she didn't have it then that's extremely weird. 

Edit: She doesn't have it on casual mode, that can be the only explanation I can think of. 

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, Jan said:

Are you sure? I just fought Melia the other day while rebalancing and she had it. (It was unchanged at this point)

If she didn't have it then that's extremely weird. 

Edit: She doesn't have it on casual mode, that can be the only explanation I can think of. 

Oh, okay. I thought the only trainers in casual who had less Pokemon were Gym Leaders. 

Yahallo. I played this game up to the fight against the Grass Type Gym Leader, and I must say, I'm thoroughly amazed by how good this game is. It gives the protagonist more than one major loss against a really bad guy, whereas Reborn just gives you the one against Solaris's Garchomp, and honestly, I was keeping an OWNED count for the protag throughout my playthrough. I'm keeping count through the Torchic's I've bred :L But with that in mind, it makes me wonder if the protagonist will say at least one thing to Madam X before and after we beat her (gib me dat xerneas doe. Or at least gardevoirite) 

4 minutes ago, WyNNeR said:

we cand do the ralts event again? i forgot to do it while i was in the mountain....

You need to get the Xen Key from beating Kyogre in the mountain, it gives you access to something (I don't know what since I haven't done this myself) in the Secret Xen Base by the Secret Shore

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I just checked today and noticed that the total completion bar was raised up to 67%.

I'm so happy.

Remember when Jan said all the 0% stuff can go from that to 100 quick?  I imagine some of it has gone up to at least 80 if it's not 100.  Of course, there's still stuff left to do, but even the Gen VII stuff is almost done being rebalanced, as the Gen VII stuff went up too.

With that said, Gen VII hype.  I'm going to say this now, but now I'm definitely going to be starting a new adventure so I can explore the new content and start with Litten.

Looking at some old screenshots of this game and remembered playing it for the first time, the game has come a long way and everyone appreciates that you take time out of your life to actually provide us with constant updates (watching that progress bar carefully...) and adding new things to the game it makes the people that play the game really happy.

• Developers
18 hours ago, WyNNeR said:

we cand do the ralts event again? i forgot to do it while i was in the mountain....

You'll get another chance. Very soon actually.

----

Anyway, small update time. I'm almost done with West Gearen, which means I'm almost done with updating past stuff. Now, that doesn't include

going through sidequests. So I have to eventually do those, but sidequests should be easier to do because they aren't extremely long. 

Remember that I'm updating graphics, replacing sound effects, rebalancing battles... So it's taking quite a bit of time to do, but as I've

said before... it's going to be SO WORTH IT. 

Not everything I want is going to get a graphic update (VS sprites, some trainer sprites) but that's because there's no way I can do

that by myself atm and I don't want to overwhelm myself. 

I may eventually open that stuff to public development* in the future , but for now let's just take it slow~. 

*I'm really tired of just disappearing and then showing up in the future with a crapload of work done. I really want to involve more

people in everything. I think it's more fun and gives people more of a connection to the project than just playing it. So please,

tell me what you think about this. The shiny thread was somewhat of a test to see how it would go and I'm really happy

with how it turned out. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings at 3 am!!!

-Jan

I agree in favor of having more public development activities because it not only bonds people together, but also helps builds the community, and Rejuvenation is a huge part of Reborn.  Even the little things, such as side quests, shiny Pokemon, etc. make a huge difference, and I think the idea of more public developments will make a huge positive impact in the community.  "The best things in life come in small packages!"

just hope there will be someone like a nature changer or something like IV alterations for a heart scale.

probably only nature changer coz the second one sounds tooo luxurious

I WANT A GRASS FULL OF TOGEPIS. MAN I MISSED GETTING IT IN THE MYSTERY EGG.

*I'm really tired of just disappearing and then showing up in the future with a crapload of work done.

Dont worry Jan,  i preffer  not-so-frequent mega-updates,  than many frequent mini updates!

It's better when you touch something again, to have much stuff to mess with , rather than finish  before u realise it and go back to waiting again.

P.S. Also try to buff intense mode Grass Leaders! Make them Angie v2 if u have to! Worst case scenario they can be nerfed next update if they are deemed too brutal!

Edited by DemICE

Participating in the shiny thread has definitely been an interesting experience for me (even if it's only been a month); it's been a lot of fun and I've learnt a lot. I've just been an onlooker for Rejuvenation (and other fan-games), not really giving any thoughts or opinions or anything like that (heck I didn't even create an account until recently), but being able to participate in the public development has definitely given me the opportunity to connect with others. So, I'm quite thankful that I have the opportunity to be apart of the public development/s and if you decide to expand it to other areas I would very much like to try and participate.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Will we ever get that Dimensional Rift Ferrothorn that was illustrated in GlitchxCity's upload of the Dimensional Rift Track?

...do you really want a dimensional rift ferrothorn tho

do you