Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Developers

I added a progress bar for Gen 7 content. This is to show you exactly how far I am from being done.

To give you a clearer idea of where I am in terms of rebalancing... I'm around Goldenleaf Town.

But I'm not only rebalancing. I'm polishing up things as I go. It will be worth the wait. 

In terms of ACTUAL V.9 content... Like I said before. Most of the things that are "0%" will take no less than a day to do. So 41% can shoot up to like

80+% At any time. So it's not like it's far from being completed. Keep that in mind!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jan said:

I added a progress bar for Gen 7 content. This is to show you exactly how far I am from being done.

To give you a clearer idea of where I am in terms of rebalancing... I'm around Goldenleaf Town.

But I'm not only rebalancing. I'm polishing up things as I go. It will be worth the wait. 

In terms of ACTUAL V.9 content... Like I said before. Most of the things that are "0%" will take no less than a day to do. So 41% can shoot up to like

80+% At any time. So it's not like it's far from being completed. Keep that in mind!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Jan said:

*breathes sigh of relief

8 hours ago, Jan said:

Sweet can't wait for it.

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Jan said:

Looking forward to it, Jan! Also will there be any ultrabeasts events like in Sun and moon? (Just asking. If they aren't there that's cool too! This game is still pretty cool with or without them!)

On 1/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, Jan said:

An Update! And i'm not even Halfway done playing AC3 yet! 

Today is a glorious day for... those of us who desperately want to know the next part of the story.

@Jan I'm sorry to bother you when your probably working or doing something important but i can't just leave this alone now that i've been reminded of it after a very long time as of today but where did you get the idea for dimensional rift pokemon ( and if this is coming from where i think it is coming from jan once again you are GOD/GODDESS ) but yeah that's it have a nice day 

On 1/28/2017 at 9:23 PM, Jan said:

I've probably mentioned this before but I just can't decide whether to play from the start or resume my current playthrough, I understand that there will be new pokemon, the routes will be updated ect. but it's just the time it will take to progress through the game again, any thoughts? (P.S I'm not sure if i got lucky but i shiny hunted for the solrock/lunatone and got them both in under 15 tries, is this extreme luck or are they easier to shiny hunt than regular pokemon?) 

Doc1.docx

17 hours ago, FleetWood said:

I've probably mentioned this before but I just can't decide whether to play from the start or resume my current playthrough, I understand that there will be new pokemon, the routes will be updated ect. but it's just the time it will take to progress through the game again, any thoughts? (P.S I'm not sure if i got lucky but i shiny hunted for the solrock/lunatone and got them both in under 15 tries, is this extreme luck or are they easier to shiny hunt than regular pokemon?) 

Doc1.docx

Or you can do both, why has everyone forgotten that you can use more than 1 save file lol

• Developers
On 2/1/2017 at 1:10 PM, FleetWood said:

Yeah, the problem is can I beat the gym leaders again......welp I guess I'll see you guys in 5 years or so

They should be... more reasonable I think V9. I've done a lot of tweaking to Gym Leaders to make them feel difficult but also like you have

a choice- And that choice is the difference between a win or a loss. Ya know, minus RNG. 

---

Shoutout to that time I forgot to resample Neved's redone sprite so it looked like this:

4691e9ab84283eeeabf21a1aee6dfe63.png

ft. Cleaned up Blacksteeple Castle. 

It is indeed Hydreigon.  But DAMN, that castle is cleans as hell!  ...Quite literally, as that room looks like it could very well be a room in hell's castle itself. 

Spoiler

Even Hades had a fancy throne room in OUAT...

I can't wait to see Neved again, and I can't wait to see who we encounter in Grand Dream City, because you already KNOW Team Xen is going to be there.  Dealing with Team Xen, AND dealing with Cassandra, I can already tell it is going to be a huge episode not only graphically-wise, but story-wise as well.

I don't really think that the statue fully resembles Hydreigon. I compared both and it seems like the statue has ears, while Hydreigon doesn't have (visible ears, that is).

If Jan is planning to make an alternative form for Hydreigon, that would be cool.

2 hours ago, Alextron said:

I don't really think that the statue fully resembles Hydreigon. I compared both and it seems like the statue has ears, while Hydreigon doesn't have (visible ears, that is).

If Jan is planning to make an alternative form for Hydreigon, that would be cool.

if jan is really planning a alternative form of hydreigon( maybe dimensional rift)

i am most likely gonna faint from the hype

I hate to burst bubbles, but I don't think those are ears.  Those are the tufts on Hydreigon's head, and those are indeed part of Hydreigon.  HOWEVERRRRR, who's to say that there isn't a Rift Hydreigon?  There could still very well be one, probably fought MUCH later in the game.  Who knows?  I for one hope so, but from all we see, those statues of Hydreigon are those of a normal Hydreigon.

One thing I've been wondering. Has Jan actually created a Garufan language since several characters can be seen speaking it throughout the game, or is it just a bunch of jibberish that isn't supposed to look like anything. Because if it is indeed a language, deciphering it might prove to be a key to some major plot points.

1 hour ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

One thing I've been wondering. Has Jan actually created a Garufan language since several characters can be seen speaking it throughout the game, or is it just a bunch of jibberish that isn't supposed to look like anything. Because if it is indeed a language, deciphering it might prove to be a key to some major plot points.

We've got a book, buuuuut we can't really open it to learn anything.

That is...if Jan decides to add any Garufan alphabet or vocabulary in the game for us to see to uncover some information about the past.

• Developers

The Garufan Language will probably never get to the point where it's translatable like that. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

---Update---

Okay, so I finally got to Terajuma Island. About to edit Valarie specifically. If I'm honest... I'm sort of done with this whole

going back and rebalancing everything, tbh. It's SUCHHH a chore,  but it must be done. I think I may introduce more public

development opportunities in the future just so that I don't have to do all this needless busy work and get straight into new content. 

That being said, I'm also going back and replacing all generic RPGMaker sounds with canon Pokemon sounds. I use sound

effects a lot so HAHAHAHAHAHA..... It's been a journey. 

...On the bright side, after Terajuma is done, I think I'll practically be done with everything up to Grand Dream City and then

I can finish up what I've started there. God help me when I get to the Help Requests part.