[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

I'm just sitting here marveling at the transformation of the lake.

And yes, I think obtaining a legit king's rock and Leftovers, alongside choice items, is the biggest thing as of now. We're late enough into the game to get them, I think. Also on a personal level, I'm sick of having a team full of lv92 meowths and phanpys keep digging up half a dozen lucky eggs but only two lefties. My fat mons need health!

Also, I think there isn't a macho brace yet, is there? Power items exist, but not the macho brace, if I recall aright.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Plates are hard to get all of them, so if you're not planning anything with those, that might be nice to access in easier ways.

Or just, you know, more stones to mine.

At the very least, it might be a nice thing to have a plce where we can swap them. Maybe something like "if you give me a plate I'll give you a random different plate for it", with the plate changing daily, idk.

Because even though you can reset in front of the mining stone until you got what you want, I still vividly remember needing to mine over a hundred times before I finally found a single Mind Plate. Something that could potentially make it less of a hassle to get a plate you need would be neat.

70% means new field effect soon, right?

Glad I'm not alone in thinking. For some last minute predictions, what are you guys thinking? A fairy boosting field (that's not mist)?

Mist is a fairy themed field, but it doesn't really boost them. Fairies are already immune to Dragon and resistant to Dark, so why bother weaken them if you want to protect a Fairy ? This field is good for tanks (Cosmic power + wish boosted) but I'm not sure it would really be so usefull to Adrienn. So maybe we'll have a new field for fairies indeed

Wasn't the sand that color because of the volcanic ash? Why change it?

The pollution from the factories may have changed the colour of the sand slightly due to all the sludge so if the water has been cleared then it would make sense for the sand to be cleaner. Kiki would approve of the cleaner lake. I hope there is some sort of remembrance thing for Kiki as I could see Victoria and the other students making one.

For when I do eventing, I need more items and stuff to throw into clever places. I haven't really kept track of it, so what are some items in the game that you guys don't have access to (or don't have -enough- access to, like stones)? Mega-stones and TMs need not apply.

Personally some of the rarer (like salac) berries would be cool and focus sashes. Those would be nice.

Hurray for sunny beach experience? Will we get some swim-suit models/trainers?

I do not remember you mentioning Azurine island. Is that place getting make-over as well?

I would love to get access to more focus sashes, btw!

Almost finished with animations :D Good job, Mde and Smeargle. Are you going to get right on with the next batch of animations?

Edit;

New side quest dungeons? This will totally be an epic Gyarados side quest in the middle of Azurine lake! Maybe inside an underwater cavern or a Whirlpool create by the rampaging Gyarados, outraged by the horrible treatments it has been getting while passing from thief to thief!

Edited by Busti

• Developers

For when I do eventing, I need more items and stuff to throw into clever places. I haven't really kept track of it, so what are some items in the game that you guys don't have access to (or don't have -enough- access to, like stones)? Mega-stones and TMs need not apply.

I put together what I can think of and gone through some sections of the items guide on this forum. This is the result:

- Items limited to the upper levels of Obsidia Dpt Store (though EP16 will unlock a few more floors - we can buy evolution stones there now).

- Damage reducing berries are on the 6th floor but Anti-fairy Roseli Berry is missing for whatever reason. Also fairy gem is missing on the 7th floor.

- Rare berries such as those with only one tree in the Aventurine Woods maze (they should be available with one more sticker in the Dpt Store though).

- An area to grow berries effectively (like a large garden with many berry spots).

- Shell Bell is unavailable, Leftovers only available with Pickup ability (lvl 71+).

- Flame Orb unavailable, Dragon Fang, Kings Rock only by catching wild pkmn, Electrilizer, Magmarizer available but not actually useable.

- Thick Club (should be added to 7th street where similar items can be bought).

- Weakness Policy (maybe somewhere on the upper floors in Obsidia).

- Dusk & Level balls.

Well pretty much everything important is available somewhere in the game now. There ain't really much more to add at this point.

Almost finished with animations :D Good job, Mde and Smeargle. Are you going to get right on with the next batch of animations?

And yep, we'll be going to be going straight on with the next batch on animations.

eviolite, rocky helmet, assault vest, life orb, leftovers, black sludge, choice x, expert belt, king's rock, muscle band, wise glasses, metronome, shell bell (would be great for neo apophyll), safety goggles (probably should be sandstorm related. either pre desert or found somewhere in the desert), toxic orb, flame orb, wide lens, zoom lens, scope lens, snowball/luminous moss/cell battery/absorb bulb, plate alternatives (dragon fang, poison barb, etc) that aren't already in

personally i rather like the game without all of the overpowered items, plates are way more interesting to play with than life orbs. eviolite could probably make an appearance this episode as well as rocky helmet and black sludge. leftovers probably isn't that good when you have access to potions either, hmm. maybe life orb is the only overpowered item in reborn. or LO/eviolite/assault vest. idk. leftovers could probably make an appearance this/next ep though.

I'm so excited that all the mapping is done. I haven't looked at most of the new maps yet (because I want to experience them when I play Ep16), but knowing how much blood, sweat, and tears you pour into this game, I don't even need to read everyone else's praises to know that they're all going to be amazing.

As for items I think evolite, rocky helmet, and weakness policy would be good for this point in the game.

eviolite, rocky helmet, assault vest, life orb, leftovers, black sludge, choice x, expert belt, king's rock, muscle band, wise glasses, metronome, shell bell (would be great for neo apophyll), safety goggles (probably should be sandstorm related. either pre desert or found somewhere in the desert), toxic orb, flame orb, wide lens, zoom lens, scope lens, snowball/luminous moss/cell battery/absorb bulb, plate alternatives (dragon fang, poison barb, etc) that aren't already in

personally i rather like the game without all of the overpowered items, plates are way more interesting to play with than life orbs. eviolite could probably make an appearance this episode as well as rocky helmet and black sludge. leftovers probably isn't that good when you have access to potions either, hmm. maybe life orb is the only overpowered item in reborn. or LO/eviolite/assault vest. idk. leftovers could probably make an appearance this/next ep though.

Black Sludge, Toxic Orb, Metronome, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Scope Lens, and Snowball / Luminous Moss / Cell Battery / Absorb Bulb (and technically Leftovers from Pickup and King's Rock from wild Hawlucha) are already available. Life Orb is also technically available from a glitch. I forgot about Eviolite, though, that would also probably be a good item since most of the evolution items are already available (i.e. Reaper Cloth for Dusknoir).

I don't know if you're also updating all locations of obtainable items, but some TMs like Incinerate are almost obsolete this far in the game. That being said, I think boosting TMs would be nice to have now like Calm Mind and Bulk Up :)

• Administrators

took some item stuff down, thanks! incense items have already been distributed throughout the game btw

the beach and island aren't changing much, they just have new maps because of the water cleaning. the sand color changes because the beach is less polluted as a whole. the grey from the ash is obviously still there.

today i made the graphics for the aforementioned sidequest area which was.... a lot easier than i thought it was going to be (largely because some references of real-world stuff i found showed it was a lot simpler than i expected). figuring out the mapping details is gonna be a pain in the butteroni and cheese though.

additionally, here's the result of what inuki jan and i worked on today. we spent a lot of time on it, but we're really pleased with the final product here:

EjN34Qi.png

additionally, here's the result of what inuki jan and i worked on today. we spent a lot of time on it, but we're really pleased with the final product here:

EjN34Qi.png

#MakeRebornGreatAgain

Apophyll is look fantastic! And clean! Praise be to a fixed WTC? Anyways, can't wait to see the new field effect. I wonder if I'll be able to take advantage of it with my current team. Or you know, knowing my luck, it's just gonna be the antithesis of everything good and pure in the universe. As you do.

EjN34Qi.png

So I take it the wall is gonna gain some more height.