[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Just noticed this...

What are you guys expecting it to be? The Pokemon that created the earthquakes? My bet's on a Dugtrio with a crud-ton of heads to amplify it's seismic range, although that might be ridiculous. Anyone else?

I posted earlier on this thread that after looking through all of the dex entries, Whiscash tuned out to be the most tremor-causing Pokemon. Anything's likely, but Ame seems to be sticking to the more "natural" abilities/attributes of Pokemon for the PULSEs. (... plus that'd be a total rip-off of Mega Dugtrio from Insurgence.)

As for where the PULSE would be hidden, it's most likely deep under the city (in the roads that were covered in fissures between Grand Staircase and Obsidia Ward) where the most observable damage was shown. As for access to that area, it's probably in the basement of the suspicious Devon Corp. building we've seen since Episode 2 in Obisidia. Given how easy it was for Meteor set up so many infiltration points across the city (7th Street, 2 factories, warehouses in Coral, Obsidia Park ((seriously, how did NO ONE notice a huge PULSE being set up in the middle of the park???)) Beryl/Jasper Wards ((given, Meteor was mostly based in the Jungle away from the actual city)) and such), it's very likely "Devon" is affiliated with or is Meteor in disguise (like the Daycare.) Little things you tend to overlook in the early stages of things tend to grow into much larger problems when you leave them untouched...

Edited by Bazaro

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted earlier on this thread that after looking through all of the dex entries, Whiscash tuned out to be the most tremor-causing Pokemon. Anything's likely, but Ame seems to be sticking to the more "natural" abilities/attributes of Pokemon for the PULSEs. (... plus that'd be a total rip-off of Mega Dugtrio from Insurgence.)

As for where the PULSE would be hidden, it's most deep under the city (in the roads that were covered in fissures between Grand Staircase and Obsidia Ward)

where the most observable damage was shown. As for access to that area, it's probably in the basement of the suspicious Devon Corp. building we've seen since Episode 2 in Obisidia. Given how easy it was for Meteor set up so many infiltration points across the city (7th Street, 2 factories, warehouses in Coral, Obsidia Park ((seriously, how did NO ONE notice a huge PULSE being set up in the middle of the park???)) Beryl/Jasper Wards ((given, Meteor was mostly based in the Jungle away from the actual city)) and such), it's very likely "Devon" is affiliated with or is Meteor in disguise (like the Daycare.) Little things you tend to overlook in the early stages of things tend to grow into much larger problems when you leave them untouched...

Amen for that sentence... I've gotten tired of "I wish we'll see PULSE-*insert-random-op-fan-favourite*" like PULSE-Hydra etc. Considering the wording of the teaser "Today the heart of Reborn falls...", this is present tense that's used to talk about the near future. So we'll propably come back to the city, see it revamped and then have to say the day when the Mets try to quake it down once again.

The hints for Devon have been strong too. There are various NPCs that talk about Devon people infiltrating Yureyu. Who else infiltrated Yureyu? The Mets. And the Devon people have this "mind your business" attitude too.

If Devon's truly affiliated with Meteor, I wonder what the reasons could be? Could it be related to the plot in ORAS where it was stated that Devon also used the same kind of life energy that was used in AZ's weapon in the old Kalos War? I doubt it, since this story was only recent, while Reborn might already be flourished. It could also be the simple reason to get rid of Yureyu, but why would Meteor get rid of Yureyu in the first place? Sorry if this was already answered in-game, I haven't played in a while. @_@

Still, it's going to be really uncanny to think that Devon, you know, where Steven also has a connection, is actually affiliated with an evil team.

Well in the news part of the pokenav+, they state recently Devon has switched over to steam energy from whatever the hell they were using before, which is likely infinite energy, so they're probably just infiltrated by meteor the same way Yureyu was.

Edited by YinYang9705

What about the GUM room pretty sure it's directly beneath the city and being the location im sure a whiscash could be put there although who knows what Ame has planned other than attempt to destroy the repaired city that took her so long to fix using 'X' pulse in 'Y' location for 'Z' reason

One thought I have in mind is that if Devon is a disguise for Team Meteor, maybe Steven might not even KNOW about what's going on. Maybe he or his father never officially expanded Devon to Reborn like how Silph did, and so they're oblivious to what happened in Reborn. Seeing how Silph expanded its branches to Reborn, Team Meteor must have seen an opportunity to adopt the name of a well-known company, and use it to take over Yureyu, which would lead into Yureyu's collapse and Reborn's collapse as well.

As for where the PULSE would be hidden, it's most deep under the city (in the roads that were covered in fissures between Grand Staircase and Obsidia Ward)

where the most observable damage was shown. As for access to that area, it's probably in the basement of the suspicious Devon Corp. building we've seen since Episode 2 in Obisidia. Given how easy it was for Meteor set up so many infiltration points across the city (7th Street, 2 factories, warehouses in Coral, Obsidia Park ((seriously, how did NO ONE notice a huge PULSE being set up in the middle of the park???)) Beryl/Jasper Wards ((given, Meteor was mostly based in the Jungle away from the actual city)) and such), it's very likely "Devon" is affiliated with or is Meteor in disguise (like the Daycare.) Little things you tend to overlook in the early stages of things tend to grow into much larger problems when you leave them untouched...

I think I'd have to agree about the entryway being from Devon corp. Can't remember exactly, does anyone know the dialogue when you try to go in there? I know there were cameras in there. As for the Obsidia park thing, since it was the first major public one and all that, perhaps the friendly looking ZEL just told the people that it was some kind of harmless experiment and they didn't have time to resist?

I suppose I had Mega Dugtrio from Insur. in mind when I wrote that, but I really don't think Whiscash is... suitable? It just doesn't seem right, but that's just based on my gut. Excadrill is my next guess, in that case.

What about the GUM room pretty sure it's directly beneath the city and being the location im sure a whiscash could be put there although who knows what Ame has planned other than attempt to destroy the repaired city that took her so long to fix using 'X' pulse in 'Y' location for 'Z' reason

I feel like the GUM room PROBABLY isn't related to the PULSE, especially because I feel like the entrance would've... stood out more? I can't remember 100%, but I think it was close to Obsidia, so that could very well be plausible.

One thought I have in mind is that if Devon is a disguise for Team Meteor, maybe Steven might not even KNOW about what's going on. Maybe he or his father never officially expanded Devon to Reborn like how Silph did, and so they're oblivious to what happened in Reborn. Seeing how Silph expanded its branches to Reborn, Team Meteor must have seen an opportunity to adopt the name of a well-known company, and use it to take over Yureyu, which would lead into Yureyu's collapse and Reborn's collapse as well.

Just like Bugsy was referenced but will not appear in game (source: ask devs thread), my guess is that maybe the "Devon" people might reference Steven/Mr. Stone but they won't be making appearances in the game. Most likely, this branch of Devon is getting used from the inside like Hydra in SHIELD.

ssL6GsY.png

I was always under the impression that Devon was involved with some shady business because of this text right here.

I'm guessing we'll have access to whats behind that backdoor if Devon is connected to Meteor...

I was always under the impression that Devon was involved with some shady business because of this text right here.

I'm guessing we'll have access to whats behind that backdoor if Devon is connected to Meteor...

Will we necessarily see what's behind that door? There's tons of doors in Peridot Ward specifically that we don't get access to, and probably never will. Not saying we won't (because I hope so) but just saying we won't get to go everywhere probably.

Many doors in Peridot are closed, but they are just houses, and the doors are not different from simple walls. It's just to fill the city. But this GUM door, it's something else. A door saying there's something behind, in a place where there's no need for false doors. We'll see what is behind, the question is just when

Will we necessarily see what's behind that door? There's tons of doors in Peridot Ward specifically that we don't get access to, and probably never will. Not saying we won't (because I hope so) but just saying we won't get to go everywhere probably.

Very true. But that applies to just normal houses which have no significance to the main plot. If Devon is indeed connected to Meteor, there is a high chance (its not certain of course) that we will discover what's happening behind the scenes between them.

Many doors in Peridot are closed, but they are just houses, and the doors are not different from simple walls. It's just to fill the city. But this GUM door, it's something else. A door saying there's something behind, in a place where there's no need for false doors. We'll see what is behind, the question is just when

That is the place where goomy hides.GUM=GOOMY.plus its a logic place when it can appear

In truth, I do hope that more pseudo-legends are given to us. Some of them aren't even good(ra) enough to withhold for this long, especially since as fearsome a Pokémon as Metagross itself was made available to us at an earlier stage.

In truth, I do hope that more pseudo-legends are given to us. Some of them aren't even good(ra) enough to withhold for this long, especially since as fearsome a Pokémon as Metagross itself was made available to us at an earlier stage.

GOODRA IS AMAZING, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. How dare you disrespect one of the lord's mighty evolutions.

*Raises Magnetic appendage in an impolite gesture*

Besides, I never said Goodra was bad. In fact, I'm making a case for it to appear in E16, hopefully, so -stick- to my side!

Edited by Viridescent

You do realize Megagross is getting axed for what I believe is a not as obscure event down the line (I'm guessing the scrapyard). Regardless, we can pinpoint almost every pseudos proper location, bar Bagon, and the dessert seems to be a key area for T-tar and Garchomp to be. I don't think we'll hit the desert just yet, but I'm taking a guess another round of starters along with nearly all the water (or Pseudo water) types will be found next episode except Gyarados. Goomy is a wild card as it's possible an event could lead to a meteor giving us a key, but only time will tell.

I'm content with that content, contentious though it may contend to be.

Now, what don't I have in my trophy box? Why, Sciozr, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Hydreigon (IDC about Goomy sorry, Dragalge is my go-to fat SpDef Dragon), Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Excadrill and Starmie. I will now dream.

Edited by Viridescent

• Developers

About that case in EP15 when you scale the waterfall down and later back up, there is part of the staircase visible. Is that going to be changed to the new Reborn look as well? I mean it probably should as the event occurs near the point of return to Reborn.

About that case in EP15 when you scale the waterfall down and later back up, there is part of the staircase visible. Is that going to be changed to the new Reborn look as well? I mean it probably should as the event occurs near the point of return to Reborn.

I believe the staircase has already been changed-- it seems a bit cleaner than the tiles when we first visited the city. Or maybe it was just my imagination.

I've never understood why people want psuedo legends so early, when every game (pre-xy) has made you wait until post game or near the E4 to get them. Or in Red/Blue's case made them extremely hard to find.

Well, I can think of several reasons. First pkmn reborn is much longer then any pkmn game so you are at that point in terms of hours. Secondly we are far beyond any pkmn game lvl wise: lvling these pkmn to that point is going to be a pain. Next, Reborn is much more difficult then a normal pkmn gam so thinking about your team is going to be much more important, randomly slotting your pseudo legendary isn't going to work. So you have to prepare a slot but what can fill the void? Pseudo-legendaries are quite unique themselves. Next since the game has a higher skill-floor, it closes the gap between pseudo lengendaries and normal pkmn since these pseudo legendaries have hard-htting moves and good stats which is much more benificial in a low skill floor environment. Finnally because the game is more difficult there is a need to improve: if you're owning the opponent then you might think you're doing very well and don't need to improve. If you're losing or having very lucky/close wins you're going to reevaluate your team, moves, items and such may matter but having strong pkmn is important as well.

I've never understood why people want psuedo legends so early, when every game (pre-xy) has made you wait until post game or near the E4 to get them. Or in Red/Blue's case made them extremely hard to find.

To be fair, you can get gible pretty early on in 4th gen as well, but it is well hidden.

But I do agree with you completely, in terms of thinking that is is better if they stay in the late game.