• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News Flash, ladies and gentlemen:

https://gyazo.com/b408a1f3a5fe388e32b2cb3f832a47c5

https://gyazo.com/f786987643730fca920d69a8344915fd

Madame X is actually beatable now, with the rest of her team axed in V8. She does have a Full Restore, so winning this battle will be extremely difficult.

So far the Yveltal's set is Heat Wave/Zen Headbutt/Decimation (OHKO Move)/???

The Prize Money is 1000$ (CHEAPSKATE), and she'll say that "We're tougher than she had expected" but then say "But I'm stronger than all of my Pokemon combined!" and knock us away. The plot resumes normally.

TIP: Madame X will always use Super-Effective moves over Decimation. Heat Wave and Zen Headbutt both have 10% chance to miss. Soft-reset a few times and you'll be able to sink a status effect into that Yveltal. I suggest using a Snover caught outside of the cabin in Blacksteeple, with Snow Warning. It also comes with Swagger (Confusion takes off a lot of HP from Yveltal!). Madame X will always use the Full Restore when the Yveltal's at 25% HP, so use that interval and use another status move!

Edited by IntSys

Good evening.

Well, this is kinda new to me so if this is not the best place to ask this forgive me.

From what've I read so far, this update is somewhat short story wise but new sidequests were added and some earlier areas were revamped.
So what do you guys think? Do the earlier new content make it worth a restart? Or should I continue from my current save, finish V8 and then have a second go? And also, was there any rework done on dialogue and story sections? (no need for spoilers, just yes or no). Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thanks Swampellow, I'll download it now. And sorry, turns out the V8 discussion thread was in my face and I should have posted this question there. Apologies.

Edited by Gh0stStark

Good evening.

Well, this is kinda new to me so if this is not the best place to ask this forgive me.

From what've I read so far, this update is somewhat short story wise but new sidequests were added and some earlier areas were revamped.

So what do you guys think? Do the earlier new content make it worth a restart? Or should I continue from my current save, finish V8 and then have a second go? And also, was there any rework done on dialogue and story sections? (no need for spoilers, just yes or no). Thanks in advance.

I would finish your current save and finish the sidequests, and then restart.

so im at the point where the protagonist, venam and melia travel back in time.

does Jan hints that, when melia says: "tiempa is time herself."she means that that Tiampa is a celebi and that we may encounter 1.

or am I just crazy

so im at the point where the protagonist, venam and melia travel back in time.

does Jan hints that, when melia says: "tiempa is time herself."she means that that Tiampa is a celebi and that we may encounter 1.

or am I just crazy

I hope I can do the spoiler tag right.

In the remade Terajuma, there is a Celebi in a cave. Can't catch it right now but it gives you stuff in exchange for a green shard. I got a revive off it.

I always assumed Tiempa and Spacea were human avatars of Dialga and Palkia, because their hair and outfit have their color schemes and Dialga and Palkia represent time and space.

This. I figured that Crescent was the "Giratina" of the group due to the nature of her character.

LpqCf0D.png

Second badge acquired. Yes, that is a Gligar; it was necessary to beat the Demon Galvantula. I guess I could've caught a Sandshrew, but that would've been no fun, hm~? Just waiting for Swablu to evolve and be useful.

qWTBR5g.png

And Marianette is down for the count~ Pelipper took on Slaking like a champ, and Altaria took on Cinccino and Helioptile. Vivillon was useful in paralysing the Porygon2 and lowering its special attack. The rest fell down to Charizard!

Edited by Nyalicirno

My thoughts on V8

- The story for this part was quite short considering that we only started the story part when we boarded the train and it ended a few moments after defeating the grass type gym leader. Still, it's quite interesting with the entrance of the Bladestar Organization and Flora's involvement in it.

- Why do we not get to go to Grand Dream Citt in this version? Huhuhu... Jan even taunted us by placing references on the NPC dialogues with their mentioning of the districts of the city and the announcement of the petrification of Talon.

- Also, what just happened with Terajuma Island? It became so wickedly awesome that it's quite hard to see the resemblance from the old version of it. It looks so cool right now.

- What happens in the three paths during the Darchlight Pit falling? I chose Erin's path and decided to tell on Flora. So what happens if you keep quiet about it? And who exactly is Erin?

Should I do a rerun of V8? If so, I plan on doing a monotype and for this reason, I'd like to ask your opinion on what type I should use for this run.

did you save that guy first?

ah yes, its been so long since I replayed haha, completely forgot about that, also I'll be sending you my save file, it seems that Agustus will take you to Oceana Pier, but wont bring you back to the Secret shore

ah yes, its been so long since I replayed haha, completely forgot about that, also I'll be sending you my save file, it seems that Agustus will take you to Oceana Pier, but wont bring you back to the Secret shore

its because you have to finish certain part of story first before the boat will appear on oceana pier

SF7MJnN.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS WAS THE HARDEST BVATTLE SO FAR AND IT RELIED ON VIVILLON NOT GETTING CRIT BY POLITOED I AM SO DONE WITH VALARIE GOODBYE

dCIcXIX.png

NO ONE ASKED FROR YOUR OPINION BRAIXEN

q6nAFW4.png

AS YOU CAN SEE VIVILLON GOT ABOVE THE CAP SO IT GOT FORCED OUT BY MILOTIC BUT FEAR NOT! POISON FANG BROBAT SAVED THE DAY!!

sorry for all the caps this was really hard battle and i am hap ;-;

Anyone know if the card key shard for the beldum quest was moved from the ??? building/quest with the Inkays? I have been looking at guides for the key shards, and they have all been saying that it's in there, the middle top tile of the final room, however when I look for it, it is not there anymore. Was it moved to a different location when v8/v8.1 came out, and if it has, can someone help me out with it? Thanks

P.S.: I already have the ones from the Sheridan Wetland Lab and the one from Valor Mountain.

Anyone know if the card key shard for the beldum quest was moved from the ??? building/quest with the Inkays? I have been looking at guides for the key shards, and they have all been saying that it's in there, the middle top tile of the final room, however when I look for it, it is not there anymore. Was it moved to a different location when v8/v8.1 came out, and if it has, can someone help me out with it? Thanks

P.S.: I already have the ones from the Sheridan Wetland Lab and the one from Valor Mountain.

One of the Key Card Shards have been moved yes, so Beldum is now available later

In the Darchlight Caves, the shard is in a crate where you have to use Strength. It looks like nothing Is in the little nook, but the shard is somewhere in there.