Jump to content
nepeta100

TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

Recommended Posts

Press F for Wonga ūüėʬ†He could've been really useful in the next few gym battles.

 

Taka is gonna be a tough battle for him. That Chatot is so overpowered, and he doesn't have healing items. Unless his unnatural luck saves his again, I can see him losing someone again. He also missed the Desert Field note in the academy. I still think that that door should open regardless of which way you talk to that kid. A lot of playthroughs seem to miss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeroNerotico said:

Press F for Wonga ūüėʬ†He could've been really useful in the next few gym battles.

 

Taka is gonna be a tough battle for him. That Chatot is so overpowered, and he doesn't have healing items. Unless his unnatural luck saves his again, I can see him losing someone again. He also missed the Desert Field note in the academy. I still think that that door should open regardless of which way you talk to that kid. A lot of playthroughs seem to miss it.

If he does it right (aka gets lucky) and starts with Kiki, he can OHKO the executor, get a moxie boost, and hopefully OHKO the Chatot if he wont hit himself in confusion (thanks chatter), then its 6v1 on pulse Tangrowth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NeroNerotico said:

Press F for Wonga ūüėʬ†He could've been really useful in the next few gym battles.

 

Taka is gonna be a tough battle for him. That Chatot is so overpowered, and he doesn't have healing items. Unless his unnatural luck saves his again, I can see him losing someone again. He also missed the Desert Field note in the academy. I still think that that door should open regardless of which way you talk to that kid. A lot of playthroughs seem to miss it.

he lost the klutz woobat not the simple one although he probably wont train the other one enough even if it was on his team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did well with Rini. I'm looking forward to seeing him do the Taka/ZEL double battle. He'll defo lose someone to Corey/Shelly.

 

Out if all the common candy comments, I'm surprised mine appeared in the vid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went in the department store and STILL missed the whole sticker sidequest thing...

 

Anyway I'm not this "mysterious person" feeding him info, but if I was, or if that person was reading this, I'd add:

 

  • How to get those field readouts he missed
  • To read that darn¬†Pulse Dex he was just handed (it's Shofu and the field effects all over again, seriously.¬† DON'T LET IT BE SHOFU AND THE FIELD EFFECTS ALL OVER AGAIN.¬†¬†We already saw the beginnings of that this episode with Cacnea's Sand Veil)
  • Link to my sticker guide
  • Point out how and why Nature Power is actually really good in this game (he doesn't have anyone who can use it yet, but just let him know)
  • Point out that he never got Opal Ward's static encounter, and the¬†Magikarp for sale is an amazing choice (leave out the wild goose chase he'll be sent on, it'll be hilarious)
  • In the same vein, point out the Onyx Rooftop and that the Pokemon from the Casino count as static encounters
  • A warning that he'll miss out on content if he doesn't find all 5 police officers before a certain point
  • A challenge to be as lucky as he was this time on the rest of the game

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

6:19 lucky miss that definitely might have killed him

10:53 another one XD wtf

16:20 a little better pin missle rolls and we would have gotten another death

ya man got lucky, going with like 2 potions into Florinia's match ūüėõ¬†but I'm glad, I want this series to continue, and his nuzlocke is pretty fun to watch~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Candy said:

ya man got lucky, going with like 2 potions into Florinia's match ūüėõ¬†but I'm glad, I want this series to continue, and his nuzlocke is pretty fun to watch~

I wonder what he'd do if he loses Tiki

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got to catch up with ttar's eps anddddd I'm really looking forward to the next ones¬†ūü§ó

 

I think what really gets me with his playthrough is¬†his pure enthusiasm to learn about everything. Even though he was coached by the devil to nuzlocke the game, it's heartwarming to see someone who's genuinely having fun playing Reborn with almost zero rants. Kinda takes me back to the time when I myself started the game with little to no knowledge, all the while appreciating these foreign mechanics in a game I'm so used to¬†ūüėÖ¬†

 

I believe ttar can go all the way to E19 considering his pace now. He's doing a great job honestly for a beginner. I have high hopes. Since he got best mon Tiki, nothing's impossible.

 

Edit:

 

I also want to add that seeing the comment's section of his videos is so pleasant. He has fans that are playing along with him and enjoying it as well. It's really nice to see how his positivity had influenced people to appreciate the game as he does.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

I finally got to catch up with ttar's eps anddddd I'm really looking forward to the next ones¬†ūü§ó

 

I think what really gets me with his playthrough is¬†his pure enthusiasm to learn about everything. Even though he was coached by the devil to nuzlocke the game, it's heartwarming to see someone who's genuinely having fun playing Reborn with almost zero rants. Kinda takes me back to the time when I myself started the game with little to no knowledge, all the while appreciating these foreign mechanics in a game I'm so used to¬†ūüėÖ¬†

 

I believe ttar can go all the way to E19 considering his pace now. He's doing a great job honestly for a beginner. I have high hopes. Since he got best mon Tiki, nothing's impossible.

 

Edit:

 

I also want to add that seeing the comment's section of his videos is so pleasant. He has fans that are playing along with him and enjoying it as well. It's really nice to see how his positivity had influenced people to appreciate the game as he does.

I think it's partly because his audience is definitely on the younger side on average, but yeah the enthusiasm is great

 

6 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:
  • How to get those field readouts he missed
  • To read that darn¬†Pulse Dex he was just handed (it's Shofu and the field effects all over again, seriously.¬† DON'T LET IT BE SHOFU AND THE FIELD EFFECTS ALL OVER AGAIN.¬†¬†We already saw the beginnings of that this episode with Cacnea's Sand Veil)
  • Link to my sticker guide
  • Point out how and why Nature Power is actually really good in this game (he doesn't have anyone who can use it yet, but just let him know)
  • Point out that he never got Opal Ward's static encounter, and the¬†Magikarp for sale is an amazing choice (leave out the wild goose chase he'll be sent on, it'll be hilarious)
  • In the same vein, point out the Onyx Rooftop and that the Pokemon from the Casino count as static encounters
  • A warning that he'll miss out on content if he doesn't find all 5 police officers before a certain point
  • A challenge to be as lucky as he was this time on the rest of the game

 

 

If I knew who this mysterious person was, I would think that most of this stuff is already covered. (good to keep listing general tips though! encounters are sorted)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its better if he doesn't find all the 5 Officers, or else the Corrosive Misty Terrain will destroy him. I remember the first Corey version to be so much easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, they both deal residual damage and activate Venoshock, don't they?

 

I guess on non-mist Corey's skrelp spends a turn setting t-spikes, but other than that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right, I'd also mention that every gym leader* has their field notes available somewhere BEFORE you fight them, so he should never be going into a gym match unprepared, should he want to actually succeed at nuzlocking this game.

 

*except Noel for some reason.  And anyone whose field can be set on fire.  I don't know why Ame put those two field notes so late in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, greninjagang said:

someone needs to tell him about all the static pokemon hes missing out on

 

Spoiler

image.png.433b01cbc2fa2de4bb834cbb989628e9.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may be fortunate DreamBlitz is helping him because I'd just give him a number of static event mons in each location and let him figure it out from there. I believe in giving minimal info as it lets the person fully enjoy the game how they want to. If someone asks me where something is, I'll give them one hint then give them another if it's taking over an hour. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Commander said:

He may be fortunate DreamBlitz is helping him because I'd just give him a number of static event mons in each location and let him figure it out from there. I believe in giving minimal info as it lets the person fully enjoy the game how they want to. If someone asks me where something is, I'll give them one hint then give them another if it's taking over an hour. 

For the record, the whole channel with the specific encounters is marked as spoilers, there's a seperate one for more vague hints from NPCs and things that have been seen by him directly.

I agree with minimal info being ideal for a natural playthrough, but I think when recording for youtube, it's a bit of a different dynamic for keeping a reasonable pace (both in the video, and IRL workflow because editing takes a while)
plus he's not the most observant at the best of times, and commentating makes it quite a lot harder

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

plus he's not the most observant at the best of times, and commentating makes it quite a lot harder

I mean him taking ages to find the door to the room where Fern was is an example of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably wrong, but since the super potion vendor is gone, isn't the next mart that sells them after ZEL/Taka battle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

I'm probably wrong, but since the super potion vendor is gone, isn't the next mart that sells them after ZEL/Taka battle?

Si

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I mean him taking ages to find the door to the room where Fern was is an example of this.

Forget that, how about the time he didn't notice there were more than 8 gym leaders despite it being advertised on the download page?

 

If you're too vague about something he'll never find it and you'll have wasted your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Si

better start saving dat money for ice cream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

Forget that, how about the time he didn't notice there were more than 8 gym leaders despite it being advertised on the download page?

 

If you're too vague about something he'll never find it and you'll have wasted your time.

Gotta admit though, his reactions are funny

 

Also, consider that sometimes we have to be vague in order to avoid spoiling things for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

In which ttar tries to poison Tangrowth because he forgot to check out the PULSE-Dex zzzz

But he's doing a good job exploring! Nice to see him re-check everything once the vines disappear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...